Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I confess that if I had to choose just one flavor for my food for the rest of my life, it would be salt and vinegar.

That is a great flavor, I love it too, but almost always avoid it because I happen to like to have skin in my mouth.....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mlyn627 wrote: »
    I have been eating like a stoner with the munchies for the last 3 nights.

Me, too. Did you see my post for yesterday?

Two Quest bars (Lemon Cream Pie and Coconut Cashew)
    Heath bar
    Gardetto's
    P'Nuttles
    Easter chocolates - about 6
    Big bowl of ice cream - Sam's Choice Coffee and Doughnuts
    Cadbury mini eggs
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

Me, too! I hate talking on the phone.

I talk on the phone all day at work, so I'll be damned if I'm gonna pick up the phone at any other time. Text me for Pete's sake. My husband is the polar opposite; he is on his phone alllll the time. He had the day off yesterday, and he called me (I counted) 12 times. For nothing, really. And that was just me! I'm sure he was calling 100 other places, too.

I could have written this exact post! I have four phones lines ringing in my ear all day long. I'm constantly on the phone. Except replace "husband" with youngest son in your statement for me. My husband IS always on the phone, but mostly with his large family or work-related. My youngest son is a high-maintenance child, but I'm always grateful that he's wanting to talk to me about anything and every thing. I make an exception for him as far as talking on the phone when not at work.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.

My former dog took thyroid medication for 10 years, twice a day. I used to buy cheap processed cheese slices, tear off a small piece, and squish/fold his pill inside that. He gobbled it up. Just to be fair, the other dog got a small piece of cheese too, without a pill.

I never used the cheese slices for anything else and they lasted quite well for a few days.

As difficult as it is to get dogs to take medicine, by manager's cat is diabetic. Try giving a 16 year old Maine Coon an insulin shot twice a day, every day. The cat knows what is coming every time they try to approach him, poor thing. And, he has to go to the vet once a month for blood tests. Good thing is at least he is stable and doing better now.

That is so hard! I have regular customer that had a diabetic dog, and he said she would jump right up for his shot cuz he knew it made him feel better.....but cats are so stubborn....

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I confess I don't log Ketchup. For no particular reason I just won't log it.

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

But one of those bathtub trays and enjoy your 25 lb. loss! Even with a tray I don't think I'd trust myself to have a laptop with me in the tub. That thing would be accidentally submerged within a matter of minutes.

Me too. I take my tablet in the bath sometimes, but I am so nervous that I'm going to drop it one of these days.

I take my kindle in when I take a bath but I perch myself over the edge of the tub tub so the kindle isn't over water, I know I'm weird. B)

I do this too!

Put it in a large ziploc bag the kind with the little plastic piece on top. That way if it falls in it won't be damaged and if your hands get wet the kindle won't.
    I do this all the time. And the touch screen still works it the bag on it.

I am so going to try this. Yay!!!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Great thread everyone! Now that I've caught up to the current posts I can finally post myself. Just getting to this point feels like I've smashed out a huge essay or similar. Like I've done the research required to participate or something.

I confess I cannot stand listening to people eat. It takes me from calm to mad in 10 excruciating seconds.

I confess that I have little interest in, nor affection for animals. Despite quite liking my cat, I glaze over with boredom when i see or hear anything animal related. I fake interest when it is unavoidable. Of course i believe they should all be fed and cared for properly and protected but beyond that, well it's just not very interesting to me.

I confess now that I've admitted to that it may only be a matter of time before someone alludes to this being one of the common traits of a sociopath or psychopath. i guess it's a chance I'll have to take ☺

I don't think it is! Everyone has their interests and lack thereof--My eyes glaze over during most sports, for example, and some people are bored to death with babies while everyone else makes weird cooing sounds over them. I don't think it makes anyone a sociopath or anything like that, since it isn't like they wish harm on them or something... ;)

I'm one of those unmaternal types who are "bored to death" with babies. Everybody could be prattling on about how "cute" and "adorable" some infant is, and I just don't get it... I might as well be looking at a big bowl of broccoli as far as "cuteness" goes. Like, huh??? (fortunately I didn't have any kids, lol)

Puppies OTOH... now that's "cute"! <3

I support this 100%

Seconded

Thirded (is that a thing?)

Edited for autocorrect
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.

My former dog took thyroid medication for 10 years, twice a day. I used to buy cheap processed cheese slices, tear off a small piece, and squish/fold his pill inside that. He gobbled it up. Just to be fair, the other dog got a small piece of cheese too, without a pill.

I never used the cheese slices for anything else and they lasted quite well for a few days.

As difficult as it is to get dogs to take medicine, by manager's cat is diabetic. Try giving a 16 year old Maine Coon an insulin shot twice a day, every day. The cat knows what is coming every time they try to approach him, poor thing. And, he has to go to the vet once a month for blood tests. Good thing is at least he is stable and doing better now.

I am feeling a lot better about having to give my dog heart meds (orally) twice a day now. Do they have the cat declawed?
    Now here is the confession: Once I had to help my friend give her cat an injection (don't know what it was for) we had to wrap him in a towel to keep from clawing anyone. I get real upset in situations where animals make distress noises and I let go because I felt I was hurting the cat. The cat scratched her on the face. It wasn't the worst scratch but I still feel bad about it.

No, he's not declawed. My manager and her husband have suffered a few scratches, but not too bad. They do just wrap him up in a towel as well. He's not too vocal about it when it's happening. He's mainly just distant and sulky (kind of like a moody teenager!) for a while afterwards.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I am feeling a lot better about having to give my dog heart meds (orally) twice a day now. Do they have the cat declawed?
    Now here is the confession: Once I had to help my friend give her cat an injection (don't know what it was for) we had to wrap him in a towel to keep from clawing anyone. I get real upset in situations where animals make distress noises and I let go because I felt I was hurting the cat. The cat scratched her on the face. It wasn't the worst scratch but I still feel bad about it.

No, he's not declawed. My manager and her husband have suffered a few scratches, but not too bad. They do just wrap him up in a towel as well. He's not too vocal about it when it's happening. He's mainly just distant and sulky (kind of like a moody teenager!) for a while afterwards.

awwwww poor kitty!!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Great thread everyone! Now that I've caught up to the current posts I can finally post myself. Just getting to this point feels like I've smashed out a huge essay or similar. Like I've done the research required to participate or something.

I confess I cannot stand listening to people eat. It takes me from calm to mad in 10 excruciating seconds.

I confess that I have little interest in, nor affection for animals. Despite quite liking my cat, I glaze over with boredom when i see or hear anything animal related. I fake interest when it is unavoidable. Of course i believe they should all be fed and cared for properly and protected but beyond that, well it's just not very interesting to me.

I confess now that I've admitted to that it may only be a matter of time before someone alludes to this being one of the common traits of a sociopath or psychopath. i guess it's a chance I'll have to take ☺

I don't think it is! Everyone has their interests and lack thereof--My eyes glaze over during most sports, for example, and some people are bored to death with babies while everyone else makes weird cooing sounds over them. I don't think it makes anyone a sociopath or anything like that, since it isn't like they wish harm on them or something... ;)

I'm one of those unmaternal types who are "bored to death" with babies. Everybody could be prattling on about how "cute" and "adorable" some infant is, and I just don't get it... I might as well be looking at a big bowl of broccoli as far as "cuteness" goes. Like, huh??? (fortunately I didn't have any kids, lol)

I support this 100%

I do as well. Although, I do have two kids of my own. I just never get into other people's babies/kids.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

That is so hard! I have regular customer that had a diabetic dog, and he said she would jump right up for his shot cuz he knew it made him feel better.....but cats are so stubborn....

Yep. I had a cat who had to take a daily pill for a couple of years, and managed to get forcing her to swallow it down to a science. Weirdly enough once I learned how it was much easier than trying to get them to eat something hidden in food--I have a powder I'm supposed to give one of mine, and it's extremely difficult.

Also, trying to put one on a diet when you have two who are used to eating together is extremely hard. I'm constantly feeling guilty that I can't do better at getting my fat boy (he's not that fat, but definitely would be better off if he lost a couple of pounds) to lose weight.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »

I support this 100%

I do as well. Although, I do have two kids of my own. I just never get into other people's babies/kids.

Same here. My own kids and grandkids are adorable. Others? Not so much.

Also just had to say I LOVE your avatar pic! So cute.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just a couple things (sorry for the lack of quotes but there's just so many comments I want to respond to):
    1. Thanks, everyone, for all of your "good luck" comments and advice with the phone interview stuff. I really appreciate it and hopefully will not fail miserably. :)
    2. I hate talking on the phone. Hate it. So yeah, this afternoon is going to be awesome. :/
    3. Hair in a tub/sink/on the walls, etc. totally disgusts me. :s
    4. Love animals. Kids/babies...eh. I get being proud of your kid and wanting to post pictures of every. Single. Thing. They. Do. On Facebook, etc. But I can't say that I like having to constantly scroll past it or give it the obligatory "like". Sorry. :#
    5. I don't expect everyone to always have perfect grammar/spelling. I certainly don't. But it's "lose". "Lose" weight. Not "loose" weight. "All 'loose' and no 'lose' makes Overlook an annoyed girl." ;)
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I also have no interest in animals. I am not saying I don't care about them...if you are abusing them, you deserve the same treatment, but since I am not an animal lover, I feel like it would be irresponsible for me to own one. I am allergic to cats, and though I grew up with dogs (and loved them), I do not like it when my friends' animals touch me. "I don't want you to touch me and I don't want to be your friend. Go slobber on someone who loves you!"
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I am actually kind of excited to start a bit of exercise since throwing out my back on 4/8. It's starting to feel normal again. Gonna start doing some walking tomorrow and incorporate some back strengthening exercises once I feel confident that my back will hold up. This is the second time I've thrown out my back. Last Thursday was excruciating. I am going to try my hardest to prevent this.
    A core/back strengthening thing that worked for me was starting to sit on a yoga ball (professor here so I sit in front of a computer a lot). I've never thrown out my back, but had to do a bunch of PT for an "overly-flexible" disc, and making the chair swap did a lot of good things for me. YMMV, obviously.
  • ladybuggnorris
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double post
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Me too! I'm at the age where all my friends and relatives are having babies and I'm just like..."yay?" I don't mind that they're excited about it, but scrolling through the baby/baby-bump pictures day in and day out is a bit eye roll inducing. Plus then they keep wanting me to interact with their child and I'm like "I have negative maternal instinct, I'll drop it somehow and feel bad forever." -_-
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I also have no interest in animals. I am not saying I don't care about them...if you are abusing them, you deserve the same treatment, but since I am not an animal lover, I feel like it would be irresponsible for me to own one. I am allergic to cats, and though I grew up with dogs (and loved them), I do not like it when my friends' animals touch me. "I don't want you to touch me and I don't want to be your friend. Go slobber on someone who loves you!"

Yes! I walked into a gym Tuesday and a dog came up to me...in the gym! He had that look like he wanted to be petted. I walked around him. People looked at me like I had two heads. I don't like other people's dogs. I am mildly allergic and can break out in hives. (I feed my own dog high-end food which helps with my allergies.)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    *deep breath*

- I am rarely in pictures. I delete them all if I can get my hands on it. I have this one from Disney because I sucked in and posed and even then I cropped my arm and legs out. I can't. My kids will have no pictures of me at all. I take the pictures of my family so I am behind the camera
    - I am missing my nephew's wedding partly because it is far away and would be hard to get to but also because I can't go dress shopping or be in pictures that I can't edit.
    - I think I look alright in the mirror and I like my hair, makeup, clothes...then my kids will take a picture when playing with my phone and I want to die of embarrassment.
    - I wish my husband wouldn't be interested in sex to help motivate me to loose (just kidding!) lose weight.
    - I don't have boobs or a nice butt to show off. I have considered a boob job. If only it was cheaper.
    - I work from home and I have read this entire thread while working (waiting for things to load) and y'all are hilarious. Ok not a confession but true.
    - I eat around 1300K a day I think and I record everything. I think my weight is more due to inactivity but I don't wanna work out during lunch 'cause Friends is on Netflix and the couch is like right there!
    - I stopped using MFP and going to the gym for several months, I am back now and I will make the changes to help the weight
    - I am pushing my husband to get a vasectomy because I am desperately hoping that the the birth control is the ONLY reason I am fat.
    - I want to have friends here to help be accountable.

I do the EXACT same thing with pictures. Every now and then, I'll keep one picture so the kids have at least one with me in but I HATE it. Trying to get to where I don't care but hopefully, I'll have a thinner face soon and it will no longer be an issue.

After my mother passed unexpectedly at 51 years old, we had very few pictures of her for the exact same reason. Remember that memories for your family run much deeper than your weight in them. If you don't like it, don't post it online or print it but make sure your family has access to them.
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    This week I learned that the only thing worse than a bra that is too small is one that is too big. I swear that I am losing all of my weight from my chest.

Me too! The first month after I started this, I lost two inches from my waist and six from my bust! My husband wants to have a funeral...ha ha ha!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    The phrase "awesome sauce" makes me cringe.