Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercised for 4 days. It feels really weird to me. It's so weird to think that I've made it into a habit.

Careful. That can be a slippery slope!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Confession #1: in the gym today I was feeling awesome (see my post about a pink coat) so doe the last 200 metres of my 5k I pushed the treadmill to 12kph and sprinted. I was running so fast my trousers slipped down my bum, but I didn't stop until I hit 5k.

Confession #2: thanks to this thread, I don't wear underwear in the gym anymore. Meaning I was flashing everyone.

I am choosing to take this as a sign my trousers are getting too big (or my hips are getting a wee bit smaller
    Total win!

Hahaha! Congrats on the flashing!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

It's just a coincidence! Focus on something else!
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

Screw them! Show them what you can do!

Argh I really can't. It's been going on for about 6 weeks now. I'm not locked into a contract so I could move gyms...

Any gym routine's you can suggest? I started NROLFW but I couldn't get on with the schedule on week 2 and it kind of collapsed after that. Now I just do bodyweight resistance training and interval training on the static bike.

I use Stronglifts 5X5. There's an app you can download and follow at stronglifts.com. I love it. So far I am up to 110 bench press, 70 pound OHP, 170 pound squats, 205 pound deadlifts and 95 pound rows. I love seeing the progress and I have muscles starting to show!

Oh yea, I forgot about Stronglifts. I might look into that instead. It'll keep me looking at myself instead of around the room. (I think that could be the problem thinking about it)

Love love love Stronglifts. I've been horribly off schedule the last two weeks though. I guess that's a confession?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

"Allowed" and "aloud" is one I'm seeing here more often. That one annoys me, too, but that is one of those that spell check won't change because it IS spelled correctly. Instead of spell check we need "proper grammar and sentence structure" check. Or, you know, just learn how to write the English language. (vent, sorry, not direct at anyone specific!)

Agree with you 100%. Grammar nazi here :s
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

I can't either, I pass out. I can't deal with blood.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

BEST.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Yay my new (pink!) coat came, and it fits, even with a fleece underneath!

Awesome!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I suffer from hyperhidrosis (extreme sweating) which makes working out at the gym impossible. I have the sweating under control during every day activities thanks to a special solution from the pharmacy. During my teenage years I only wore black or white t-shirts so people wouldn't see the stains under my arm pits. I'm so glad that at least that is over but working out (no matter if cardio or strength) leaves me and the floor around me as wet as if I just stepped out of the shower and I really wouldn't want to bother anyone with that at a gym.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Every time I see someone at the gym sweating profusely, always think "wow, they must be working out way harder than me"!

I agree. Just bring a towel and clean your equipment when you're done and I don't think anyone will care that you're sweating :smile:
  • ShibaEars
    Options

IF they are talking about you, maybe they are talking about awesome you are? Maybe they admire how hard you are working? Or they can just think you're hot :wink: Try not to go right to the negative.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

I pass out when I have my own blood drawn for tests! Well, not all the time, but if they take 2 or more vials then I'm a goner. Good thing I go to the doctor very rarely. No need, thankfully.

I've worked in a medical lab for going on 8 years, and they used to have a different process for QC-ing a new batch of reagents in hematology. They'd offer to pay people to donate so they weren't using patient specimens. $45 for 6 tubes of blood was a nice random bonus every other month!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've seen several posts on FB about moms earning their 'tiger stripes' and all this real women have curves sh-t. To that I say,
    clueless_amber_whatever.gif
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

First you are a paying customer. You are going there to do what you need and what to do. I highly doubt they are talking about you but let's imagine that they are:
    (1) they may be saying - wow, that person is such a hard worker. Look at the determination
    (2) people have a short attention span, this will go away soon.
    (3) very likely they are looking in your direction and it has nothing to do with you. : )

No matter what don't let it get between you and your goal.

When I was 19 years old, on my own and supporting myself, and about 20 pounds over what I wanted to be I joined a gym. It came with one time with a personal trainer. I did exactly what she said to do in that first / only meeting. I did it daily for about three months. I lost weight (I was eating carefully too) and toned up and looked mighty good. She stopped me and said, wow, tell me what you did. I was so suprised. I told her that I just followed what she told me to do. She looked suprised, "people don't usually do that." This same gym (was in Beverly Hills and I obviously didn't have money but it had great hours and was safe so I joined it) the front desk guy and trainer was a buff tool. I had reached pretty good shape (this was before the woman asked me that) and I was dating a very stunningly attractive body building exotic dancer man. He was on his way to pick me up. The man behind the counter was being a jerk, telling me when I made it in Hollywood (I had no desire to be an actress so he misjudged that too) I could afford to hire him. I nodded, smiled sweetly and tuned him out. After about five minutes of Mr. Tool talking about himself my buff man walked in, ignored the tool, picked me up, swung me around and said, Hello beautiful. The look on Mr. Tool's face was so priceless. I smiled, waved, and said, Goodnight, see you tomorrow, (hahahahha).

Just keep on your path. You are doing great. Ignore the doubts and believe in you.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Confession #1- I just read the last few pages and there is a post I want to judge- harshly.

Confession #2- I had two (to, too for those of you discussing grammar :smiley: out there) bite size cupcakes for breakfast.

@AgentOrangeJuice- Good for you!!!!!!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession:
    @pofoster21, every time I see your name I see it as POOF-ster. LOL ;)

That's funny. The people at the barn call me Pof because I put my initials on everything. POOF would be a new one. :)

I also put my initials on everything because they are KGB and it makes me laugh.

You are a Russian Intelligence Agent!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"

I get into her office

AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

Yay! That is wonderful. Did you follow up with a written resignation? :smiley:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I get into her office

Her eyes got huge.

Yay! That is wonderful. Did you follow up with a written resignation? :smiley:

I did, I sent it off this morning after I received the call from my new Corp with my official hire date, which is May 27th.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

.....I've never said that out loud.....

I feel you. I don't care what other moms do as far as losing weight, but I hate hate hate the trend of calling stretch marks "Tiger Stripes" and shaming anyone who isn't proud of them. I've actually been told that I don't love my kids enough if I can't get over how my body looks now. I find that so awful. I don't judge moms who have a better attitude than me, I just wish they would keep it to themselves.

"Wish"? No! TELL them to keep it to themselves from now on! Unacceptable. I cannot believe some of the things people say. So insensitive. But, if you don't call them out on it they will continue to spout their foolishness. (I'm not blaming you, of course; just saying that in general.)

You're right! You'd never believe it by the judgmental posts I make, but I'm often way too nice and forgiving.
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I slacked off for two months, Maintained but now I have one month until a beach trip. I do this to myself too much. The drinks and food I enjoyed was kind of worth it! But now I am dedicated to losing this 10-15 pounds to put me in the overweight BMI range.
    I feel like I should do the jennamarbles food confessions youtube video.

I feel better now that I confessed.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I haven't exercised for 4 days. It feels really weird to me. It's so weird to think that I've made it into a habit.

Careful. That can be a slippery slope!

I know it. I feel myself trying to justify not doing it today already. I'm forcing myself to do it during my kid's nap.