Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

Me, too! I hate talking on the phone.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

I talk on the phone all day at work, so I'll be damned if I'm gonna pick up the phone at any other time. Text me for Pete's sake. My husband is the polar opposite; he is on his phone alllll the time. He had the day off yesterday, and he called me (I counted) 12 times. For nothing, really. And that was just me! I'm sure he was calling 100 other places, too.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    If I go to someones house and their toilet paper hangs down the back against the wall, I change it so it cascades over the top instead...oh it feels good confessing!

Haha I do this too!!! It's an OCD thing I have to have toilet paper over the top!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I confess that I have little interest in, nor affection for animals. Despite quite liking my cat, I glaze over with boredom when i see or hear anything animal related. I fake interest when it is unavoidable. Of course i believe they should all be fed and cared for properly and protected but beyond that, well it's just not very interesting to me.

I confess now that I've admitted to that it may only be a matter of time before someone alludes to this being one of the common traits of a sociopath or psychopath. i guess it's a chance I'll have to take ☺

Well I have no love for cats either, absolutely CRAZY about dogs.... so... does that make me half sociopathic/psychopathic :/

Absolutely not! I LOVE dogs, all dogs they're the greatest! Cats...meh I really do not like.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Ok so I went to the sugar thread after getting caught up on this. Sooo not judging but... Does anyone notice that it's like the same 3 or 4 people who blow up these threads? And get all nasty and judgmental? They seem to follow each other around.

I hope they never find their way to this thread.

I didn't read that thread, but I often see a group going thread to thread with their snarky 'expert' replies. There is one dude who is a total tool.

Yep he is the worst. I am pretty sure I know who you mean. I am surprised they let him continue.

I got super excited when I read this since I actually think I know who y'all are talking about too! I know that's an odd thing to be excited about but I feel "in the loop" :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    We just put party hats on and danced around the house as a celebration because my 2 year old did a wee on the potty. I'm debating whether or not to bake cupcakes lmfao
    I'm such a weird mummy

When my son was in daycare, another mom brought in a sheet cake for the entire class when her son got out of pull ups. Beware the precedent you set ;)

True, but still much better than taking pictures of it and posting it on Facebook! And, yes, I am at least 5 pages behind this morning.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I talk on the phone all day at work, so I'll be damned if I'm gonna pick up the phone at any other time. Text me for Pete's sake. My husband is the polar opposite; he is on his phone alllll the time. He had the day off yesterday, and he called me (I counted) 12 times. For nothing, really. And that was just me! I'm sure he was calling 100 other places, too.

Oh, I would kill my hubby. My hubby actually says a lot more when he texts than when he actually talks with me on the phone, so I prefer he texts.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.

My former dog took thyroid medication for 10 years, twice a day. I used to buy cheap processed cheese slices, tear off a small piece, and squish/fold his pill inside that. He gobbled it up. Just to be fair, the other dog got a small piece of cheese too, without a pill.

I never used the cheese slices for anything else and they lasted quite well for a few days.

As difficult as it is to get dogs to take medicine, by manager's cat is diabetic. Try giving a 16 year old Maine Coon an insulin shot twice a day, every day. The cat knows what is coming every time they try to approach him, poor thing. And, he has to go to the vet once a month for blood tests. Good thing is at least he is stable and doing better now.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    1riley0208 wrote: »
    Ice cream is my weak spot and I could eat that in one sitting myself

Join the club we eat ice cream on everyday that ends in Y.

Which is your favorite?

I would say mine has to be Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns.

Then would have to say

Jeni's Brown Almond Brittle & Savanna Buttermint
    Talenti's Egg Nog & Salted Caramel Peanut

Ben & Jerry's Half Baked then I'd have to go with a flavor from Graeter's ice cream!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    My confession: Yesterday, on top of my regular meals, I ate:

Two Quest bars (Lemon Cream Pie and Coconut Cashew)
    Heath bar
    Gardetto's
    P'Nuttles
    Easter chocolates - about 6
    Big bowl of ice cream - Sam's Choice Coffee and Doughnuts
    Cadbury mini eggs - about 20

And I skipped out of going to the gym. I don't know what was up, but I ate until I was sick and then kept eating. It was disastrous. All I can do is pick myself up, dust myself off, and do better today. :(
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Great thread everyone! Now that I've caught up to the current posts I can finally post myself. Just getting to this point feels like I've smashed out a huge essay or similar. Like I've done the research required to participate or something.

I confess I cannot stand listening to people eat. It takes me from calm to mad in 10 excruciating seconds.

I confess that I have little interest in, nor affection for animals. Despite quite liking my cat, I glaze over with boredom when i see or hear anything animal related. I fake interest when it is unavoidable. Of course i believe they should all be fed and cared for properly and protected but beyond that, well it's just not very interesting to me.

I confess now that I've admitted to that it may only be a matter of time before someone alludes to this being one of the common traits of a sociopath or psychopath. i guess it's a chance I'll have to take ☺

I don't think it is! Everyone has their interests and lack thereof--My eyes glaze over during most sports, for example, and some people are bored to death with babies while everyone else makes weird cooing sounds over them. I don't think it makes anyone a sociopath or anything like that, since it isn't like they wish harm on them or something... ;)

I'm one of those unmaternal types who are "bored to death" with babies. Everybody could be prattling on about how "cute" and "adorable" some infant is, and I just don't get it... I might as well be looking at a big bowl of broccoli as far as "cuteness" goes. Like, huh??? (fortunately I didn't have any kids, lol)

Puppies OTOH... now that's "cute"! <3

I support this 100%
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »

OMG I'm exactly the same... like i will walk to the nail salon 20 minutes away to set up an appointment just so I dont have to call them. I have my bf do all phone calls and I will only answer the phone if I know whos calling

Haha yes! I love being able to make reservations online... in fact I schedule all of our work events at restaurants that use OpenTable so that I won't have to call to make a reservation!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    This week I learned that the only thing worse than a bra that is too small is one that is too big. I swear that I am losing all of my weight from my chest.

THIS x a gajillion
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    My confession: Yesterday, on top of my regular meals, I ate:

Two Quest bars (Lemon Cream Pie and Coconut Cashew)
    Heath bar
    Gardetto's
    P'Nuttles
    Easter chocolates - about 6
    Cadbury mini eggs - about 20

And I skipped out of going to the gym. I don't know what was up, but I ate until I was sick and then kept eating. It was disastrous. All I can do is pick myself up, dust myself off, and do better today. :(

Great attitude- I go by this too, sometimes it's just one of those days!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

What is this?! If this is doughnut pieces in coffee ice cream I'm going to have to leave work right now.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.

My former dog took thyroid medication for 10 years, twice a day. I used to buy cheap processed cheese slices, tear off a small piece, and squish/fold his pill inside that. He gobbled it up. Just to be fair, the other dog got a small piece of cheese too, without a pill.

I never used the cheese slices for anything else and they lasted quite well for a few days.

As difficult as it is to get dogs to take medicine, by manager's cat is diabetic. Try giving a 16 year old Maine Coon an insulin shot twice a day, every day. The cat knows what is coming every time they try to approach him, poor thing. And, he has to go to the vet once a month for blood tests. Good thing is at least he is stable and doing better now.

I am feeling a lot better about having to give my dog heart meds (orally) twice a day now. Do they have the cat declawed?
    Now here is the confession: Once I had to help my friend give her cat an injection (don't know what it was for) we had to wrap him in a towel to keep from clawing anyone. I get real upset in situations where animals make distress noises and I let go because I felt I was hurting the cat. The cat scratched her on the face. It wasn't the worst scratch but I still feel bad about it.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok so my confession - I hate baths. They actually completely gross me out. It's childhood trauma from my mom never rinsing the tub before giving us baths and my dad's hair floating all over. Just so freaking gross.

I still freak out when the shower drain is getting clogged and water keeps accumulating and cannot take showers in public places like the gym, I get completely grossed out by any hair on the drains... even mine.

Needless to say, my husband can keep asking about going camping, it's just not happening.

I'm like five pages behind because this thread moves too quickly! I hate baths too! It's like bathing in your own filth!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Ok so I went to the sugar thread after getting caught up on this. Sooo not judging but... Does anyone notice that it's like the same 3 or 4 people who blow up these threads? And get all nasty and judgmental? They seem to follow each other around.

I hope they never find their way to this thread.

I didn't read that thread, but I often see a group going thread to thread with their snarky 'expert' replies. There is one dude who is a total tool.

Yep he is the worst. I am pretty sure I know who you mean. I am surprised they let him continue.

I got super excited when I read this since I actually think I know who y'all are talking about too! I know that's an odd thing to be excited about but I feel "in the loop" :)

I think I know who you're all talking about. I have to confess I get awfully judgmental about them in other threads!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Casual contact with 6 sociopaths seems really plausible. I would need to see how they came up with the hypothesis about 6 serial killers.

I'm pretty sure I had casual contact with at least 6 sociopaths daily when I was teaching middle school. After 20+ years, I could often pick them out and am never surprised when I see one's mug shot online. :neutral: Thankfully, the good ones far outweighed the bad!
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Needtobeonthebeach Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm not taking this seriously at all lol. I don't like the way I look and I'm far from happy but since I don't "need" to lose weight I'm chillin. I eat 2000-2500 calories a day