Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• brittanyhiatte
    brittanyhiatte Posts: 40 Member
    I look at my before pics then go to they gym i find i makes me work alot harder
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I confess I totally should be working right now; I do have things to get done. But my boss is out til Monday, so I'm putting those things off. I'll probably be paying for that Friday.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

"Allowed" and "aloud" is one I'm seeing here more often. That one annoys me, too, but that is one of those that spell check won't change because it IS spelled correctly. Instead of spell check we need "proper grammar and sentence structure" check. Or, you know, just learn how to write the English language. (vent, sorry, not direct at anyone specific!)

Agree with you 100%. Grammar nazi here :s

UGH! My pet peeve is their, there and they're. My niece is graduating high school in a week and the other day we were texting about concert tickets she wants. This was her text verbatim "I just wanted to know so I could bye them. I just want to make sure their are enough for everyone."

I wanted to reach through the phone and punch her. Bless her heart, she is going to be an early childhood education major. LOL

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

"Allowed" and "aloud" is one I'm seeing here more often. That one annoys me, too, but that is one of those that spell check won't change because it IS spelled correctly. Instead of spell check we need "proper grammar and sentence structure" check. Or, you know, just learn how to write the English language. (vent, sorry, not direct at anyone specific!)

UGH! My pet peeve is their, there and they're. My niece is graduating high school in a week and the other day we were texting about concert tickets she wants. This was her text verbatim "I just wanted to know so I could bye them. I just want to make sure their are enough for everyone."

I wanted to reach through the phone and punch her. Bless her heart, she is going to be an early childhood education major. LOL
    I have a Facebook friend who's a teacher, and her grammar is terrible. I judge.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My daughter's stupid dog attacked a baby bunny in our backyard this morning. I'm SO over that little a-hole monster. If she didn't love him so much, he'd be gone. Mind you, he's a Chihuahua/minpin mix and he's far more vicious than my pit has EVER been.

Any chance of hiring a dog trainer? I did that as a gift to my son when he ended up with two untrained dogs within a short time frame and unexpectedly and was going crazy. It was pricey, but if you find the right trainer (which thankfully we did after some searching) they train the human to train the dog. That way you have the knowledge and skills not just for this dog but for any you may have in the future. It was well worth the price. Just a suggestion. (He and both the dogs are very happy now!)

That's the thing. We had a dog already when we got this little effer and she is an amazing companion animal. He was a product of my husband's parents dogs which are bonkers. Not only that, but he was with my SIL for a while and her youngest daughter did nothing but torture him (not actual torture, but close enough) constantly.

We were hoping that he'd follow our other dog's lead (she's incredible) and pick up good habits and obedience. That is not the case AT ALL. He basically refuses to poop outside unless someone stays out there with him, which we don't always have time to do, so he's been using my basement as a toilet.

He barks and growls and even nips at my husband constantly, he has terrible separation anxiety from my daughter. We even bought him one of those Thundershirts that are supposed to help with all kinds of stuff, they even have a 100% money back guarantee and he ate the side of it. He chews on anything, just completely destroys almost everything.

This sounds terrible, but I feel as though we've already spent enough money on this little demon even though we didn't pay for him, we spent A LOT at the vet and on supplies, not to mention all the things we've had to replace that he's destroyed, I don't know if I want to put anymore money in him. I never wanted a puppy in the first place.

That's a tough situation. I get it. Does it respond favorably to treats? One basic training technique is this small, hand-held clicker. Try googling some training techniques because all of your family members can do them. It's so frustrating to not have them listen to you at all, so I understand what you're saying.

No, he's a total a-hole. We've tried a lot of different things, and he just doesn't care.

• quiksylver296
    My daughter's stupid dog attacked a baby bunny in our backyard this morning. I'm SO over that little a-hole monster. If she didn't love him so much, he'd be gone. Mind you, he's a Chihuahua/minpin mix and he's far more vicious than my pit has EVER been.

Any chance of hiring a dog trainer? I did that as a gift to my son when he ended up with two untrained dogs within a short time frame and unexpectedly and was going crazy. It was pricey, but if you find the right trainer (which thankfully we did after some searching) they train the human to train the dog. That way you have the knowledge and skills not just for this dog but for any you may have in the future. It was well worth the price. Just a suggestion. (He and both the dogs are very happy now!)

That's the thing. We had a dog already when we got this little effer and she is an amazing companion animal. He was a product of my husband's parents dogs which are bonkers. Not only that, but he was with my SIL for a while and her youngest daughter did nothing but torture him (not actual torture, but close enough) constantly.

We were hoping that he'd follow our other dog's lead (she's incredible) and pick up good habits and obedience. That is not the case AT ALL. He basically refuses to poop outside unless someone stays out there with him, which we don't always have time to do, so he's been using my basement as a toilet.

He barks and growls and even nips at my husband constantly, he has terrible separation anxiety from my daughter. We even bought him one of those Thundershirts that are supposed to help with all kinds of stuff, they even have a 100% money back guarantee and he ate the side of it. He chews on anything, just completely destroys almost everything.

This sounds terrible, but I feel as though we've already spent enough money on this little demon even though we didn't pay for him, we spent A LOT at the vet and on supplies, not to mention all the things we've had to replace that he's destroyed, I don't know if I want to put anymore money in him. I never wanted a puppy in the first place.

That's a tough situation. I get it. Does it respond favorably to treats? One basic training technique is this small, hand-held clicker. Try googling some training techniques because all of your family members can do them. It's so frustrating to not have them listen to you at all, so I understand what you're saying.

No, he's a total a-hole. We've tried a lot of different things, and he just doesn't care.

Need to go Cesar Millan on his *kitten*. Confession: I love Cesar Millan.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    clover157 wrote: »
    Confession: This was the first thread I opened when I joined MFP, it was at 9.5K and I've been lurking for weeks!
    Got up to page 397 before giving up and skipping to the end. It's been most entertaining, though I feel like a bit of a stalker knowing all this stuff about people without contributing heh

Welcome!

How could you read so far and then give up lol

Confession #1: Lol I was ignoring my children too much trying to catch up whoops!!

Confession #2: Our cat passed two weeks ago and I've been riding the grief train to cake town. I'm not grieving anymore, I just like cake!

Confession #3: I've finally been reading other threads and its scary out there!!

Welcome!
    Sorry about your cat :(
  • MoHousdon
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I have a Facebook friend who's a teacher, and her grammar is terrible. I judge.

Ditto!

• MoHousdon

Me too, but I especially love him because he's passionate about a dog breed that I LOVE!!!

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I feel really hungry again today. Lunch is still a couple hours away.
    Lunch, dinner, and after dinner snack are logged which now leaves me with just 64 calories. Bummer ...
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2015

Me too, but I especially love him because he's passionate about a dog breed that I LOVE!!!

Daddy and Junior are/were awesome dogs.
  • brittanyhiatte
    brittanyhiatte Posts: 40 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    Lunch, dinner, and after dinner snack are logged which now leaves me with just 64 calories. Bummer ...
    Boy I have been there DRINK WATER:) or herbal tea
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

*high five*
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

.....I've never said that out loud.....

Seriously. I read an article yesterday about loving your 'mommy body' and all I could read in the comments were excuses from moms who don't 'have time to exercise' (which I get, but that doesn't mean they have to eat junk all day).

And I confess that I'm a total hypocrite because I was in their shoes before (ok I never gave birth, but you get the idea).
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.
    I can't give blood because people who've lived in Europe in the past aren't allowed to donate in Canada (because of mad cow disease :/ ) I wish I could because I think it's a wonderful, really selfless act.

Isn't there quite a big calorie allowance for donating? It takes a bit of energy to build the blood back up.

I can't give blood for the same reason here. I was seriously upset when I found out... figures I can't be an organ donor either. It's sad.
    Confession #1: in the gym today I was feeling awesome (see my post about a pink coat) so doe the last 200 metres of my 5k I pushed the treadmill to 12kph and sprinted. I was running so fast my trousers slipped down my bum, but I didn't stop until I hit 5k.

Confession #2: thanks to this thread, I don't wear underwear in the gym anymore. Meaning I was flashing everyone.

I am choosing to take this as a sign my trousers are getting too big (or my hips are getting a wee bit smaller
    Total win!

LOL. I can't imagine if that happened to me. I don't think I'd dare showing my face there again.
    Husband is out of town and we have no kids, so meals are pretty easy and quick this week. Well yesterday after I picked my dog up from the vet some really weird magnetic force pulled my car into taco bell. Then I proceeded to pound down 4 tacos and a 4 piece cinnabon bites. I got my punishment at approx. 2 AM this morning. Lesson learned. Back on track this morning.

Same thing happened to me last time I went to Rita's. I haven't been back since.
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

.....I've never said that out loud.....

I agree with this 100%. I've been in better shape post-kids than before. Yes, the shape of your body may change, but there's no reason that a mother needs to stay overweight and be satisfied with that.

I have the same opinion of that stuff going around about how women are more attracted to the "Dad bod". Um, no, no I'm not.

I dated a guy a few years ago that kind of had a "dad bod". (in other words, he had a beer belly). Being 26/27 years old and having a beer gut isn't attractive (if anything, it signaled a problem).

Note: I don't expect every guy to be ripped or anything, and I'm attracted to all kinds of body types (just not beer guts...)

My husband had it when we met... We met online though so I already liked him before meeting, or it would probably have put me off a little bit. It's worse now too, and I admit that it does put me off. I'm a horrible wife... And obviously I'm worried for his health when I see what he eats on a regular basis in the evening (let's say my ice cream pints have been disappearing one at a time).
    Confession: This was the first thread I opened when I joined MFP, it was at 9.5K and I've been lurking for weeks!
    Got up to page 397 before giving up and skipping to the end. It's been most entertaining, though I feel like a bit of a stalker knowing all this stuff about people without contributing heh

Welcome!

How could you read so far and then give up lol

Confession #1: Lol I was ignoring my children too much trying to catch up whoops!!

Confession #2: Our cat passed two weeks ago and I've been riding the grief train to cake town. I'm not grieving anymore, I just like cake!

Confession #3: I've finally been reading other threads and its scary out there!!

Sorry about your cat :(

Ok I think I'm caught up...
  • MoHousdon
    I am finally caught up...for now. I have several confessions to make so bare (just kidding) with me.

1. My step-daughter (the one that lost the baby) and her boyfriend broke up on Mother's Day, so she will be living with us for the time being. The being may be several years because she's wanting to go to college and can't afford to do so living on her own. I have all the emotions about this.
    2. My cat that I've had for over 10 years has been missing since last week. We live in kind of a wooded area with coyotes and hoot owls along with other creatures and I'm afraid he became dinner for something. The confession part; I'm not as torn up about his possible demise as I rightly should be. I feel terrible about that but I think it's because of all the other "stuff" I have going on right now.
    3. The flight is booked, resort reservations are made, and rental car is reserved for my husband and I's 15 year anniversary trip. We are going to Siesta Key, Florida for 7 days and I am super excited and terrified simultaneously. I have only flown once, when I was 5, have never been to the beach (live in Kansas), am extremely pale (see above) so I'll probably be horribly sunburned, and it will unfortunately be during my TOM, so that's going to be horribly uncomfortable.
    4. I have spent the last 3+ hours catching up on this thread as I was terribly behind because of having been so busy last week.

I'm sure there are a lot more, but I really should attempt to do some sort of work today. :*
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member

Confession: When I was six months into MFP, I did a 6 month progress post and I spelled it progess. Didn't even notice it at first.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Confession: When I was six months into MFP, I did a 6 month progress post and I spelled it progess. Didn't even notice it at first.

When I first started my current job as a Food Buyer, I received a fax (dating myself I know) from one of my vendors Celebrating 99% "Accruacy" in orders filled complete. I still rib that dude about it every now and then.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Confession: I cannot stand slower than time pedestrians crossing the street. I'm saying this as a person who walks every day and rides in a car maybe once a week. If there is tons of traffic and a car had to stop to let you pass, hurry the heck up. Everyone wants to get where they are going, not just you.

I so agree with this! If a car stopped to let me cross the street, I always hurry across extra-quick. It's my way of thanking them for stopping just for me. ;)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member

I feel really hungry today, I had my normal breakfast and then also had a bacon and egg breakfast taco and then ate my banana (supposed to be my afternoon snack) all before 9:30am. I am eating my lunch now but feel like it's not going to be enough to stop the hungries.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member

I feel really hungry today, I had my normal breakfast and then also had a bacon and egg breakfast taco and then ate my banana (supposed to be my afternoon snack) all before 9:30am. I am eating my lunch now but feel like it's not going to be enough to stop the hungries.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Back story: I married my husband and 6 months later, we both joined the Air Force together. At our first base I got pregnant, had a baby, got pregnant 9 months later, and had another baby. I've been in a total of 4 years now. We have PT (run, sit-ups, and push ups) tests every 6 months (1 year if you excel - I never do) and I've never failed a PT test. I have gained a lot of weight and lost it over the years as a result of those pregnancies and even before the military (I lost 100 lbs in college - not the healthy way).

Confession: I have NO sympathy for active duty (AD) military moms who fail PT tests. I also don't really respect moms who get out of the military and become stay-at-home-moms. I feel really bad, but when a woman tells me she "used to be AD and now stays home with the kids" or "takes care of the house", I think "no one cares". Military life is really hard, especially if both a husband and wife are active and I know not everyone is cut out for it, but don't tell me that you used to work hard for your money and defend the constitution and now you just sit on your butt all day and spend your husband's money.

It's something that I struggle with all the time. I know I should respect anyone who puts on the uniform and recites the oath, but sometimes it is hard.

Please don't hate on the military for my shortcomings!! I swear I am a very respectful person and I would not confess this feeling to any mom out there.

Here's my harsh military related post: I was raised in the military and it upsets me how little military families talk about the impact on the kids. You always hear about how the wives suffer during deployments, but if you bring up the kids everyone falls silent. The wives signed up for this - they knew it would happen. The kids were born into the situation. I feel bad for them, not the spouses.

I don't blame moms who get out - I can't imagine if I was deployed at the same time as my husband and had to find a family member to care for my kids (maybe permanently, lets be honest). My family is nuts. There is no way in hell I would leave my kids alone with any of them for a week let alone 6-9 months.

My husband deployed the day before my second son was born. He didn't meet him until he was 7 months old. I understood what my husband was doing and where he was. My kids had no idea. My two year old would wake up crying most nights and I would rock him it let him sleep with me. Many people would even criticize me for "babying him".

It is MUCH harder for the kids!!!