Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

It's just a coincidence! Focus on something else!
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

Screw them! Show them what you can do!

Argh I really can't. It's been going on for about 6 weeks now. I'm not locked into a contract so I could move gyms...

Any gym routine's you can suggest? I started NROLFW but I couldn't get on with the schedule on week 2 and it kind of collapsed after that. Now I just do bodyweight resistance training and interval training on the static bike.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    Confession: This was the first thread I opened when I joined MFP, it was at 9.5K and I've been lurking for weeks!
    Got up to page 397 before giving up and skipping to the end. It's been most entertaining, though I feel like a bit of a stalker knowing all this stuff about people without contributing heh

Welcome!

How could you read so far and then give up lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I had to use mfp on a 4th generation IPod Touch before getting my G3 so I don't really have anything fair to compare it to! :p

I love my phone though. I don't think I'll be switching to Apple when it's time for a new one.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Just smile through it Maybe it's his way of flirting or maybe he wants you to do personal training with him. But Horrible staff behavior if they make anyone uncomfortable even without meaning to especially with all the gyms you could join instead.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession: I always check the locker doors in my gym to see if someone left their 20p. :smile:
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I only log my lowest weight. If I gain a couple of pounds back, I just let the low number stand. Also, I never log the smartfood popcorn I eat at night - it really isn't that much, but still...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    About Iphones - I hate Apple. After having to buy a bunch of songs I got on Itunes again when I got my android, I swore I'd never use an Apple product again.

Woke up with a sore throat and I've already wasted 70 calories on random vitamins and cold medicines and I'm extremely sad about this.

But, there's an app that converts iTunes stuff... My son has always had android phones, he converted all of his stuff from iTunes (he also used to use an iPod) so he wouldn't have to carry both in his car all the time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    "Resentful" is my word of the day. I'm feeling resentful because: 1) the soup I made to eat this week for lunch is way too salty but I have to eat it because I can't afford to waste the money on something else; 2) said soup is causing water weight gain and messing with the number on the scale (up 2 pounds when I'm only eating about 1230 calories per day and it's pissing me off even though I know it's not a *true* gain); 3) I've been volunteered to do a project that I don't want to do and will take me hours and hours but saying "no" isn't a choice (it's for my mom); and 4) my go-to for when I feel like this is still to want to eat all the food, and I'm sick of having that thought pop into my head even though I'm getting better at ignoring it. Blergh.

I've heard if you add a slice of raw potato as you cook, it will absorb some of the salt. Maybe you could try that when you re-heat your soup?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Argh I really can't. It's been going on for about 6 weeks now. I'm not locked into a contract so I could move gyms...

Any gym routine's you can suggest? I started NROLFW but I couldn't get on with the schedule on week 2 and it kind of collapsed after that. Now I just do bodyweight resistance training and interval training on the static bike.

I use Stronglifts 5X5. There's an app you can download and follow at stronglifts.com. I love it. So far I am up to 110 bench press, 70 pound OHP, 170 pound squats, 205 pound deadlifts and 95 pound rows. I love seeing the progress and I have muscles starting to show!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    About Iphones - I hate Apple. After having to buy a bunch of songs I got on Itunes again when I got my android, I swore I'd never use an Apple product again.

Woke up with a sore throat and I've already wasted 70 calories on random vitamins and cold medicines and I'm extremely sad about this.

But, there's an app that converts iTunes stuff... My son has always had android phones, he converted all of his stuff from iTunes (he also used to use an iPod) so he wouldn't have to carry both in his car all the time.

I need to find this app. My work phone is an iPhone and my personal phone is Android.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession: I always check the locker doors in my gym to see if someone left their 20p. :smile:

It's £1 at my pool, I'm planning on slowly getting rich that way!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I use Stronglifts 5X5. There's an app you can download and follow at stronglifts.com. I love it. So far I am up to 110 bench press, 70 pound OHP, 170 pound squats, 205 pound deadlifts and 95 pound rows. I love seeing the progress and I have muscles starting to show!

Oh yea, I forgot about Stronglifts. I might look into that instead. It'll keep me looking at myself instead of around the room. (I think that could be the problem thinking about it)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

It's £1 at my pool, I'm planning on slowly getting rich that way!

Mine uses your gym card so no potential money making opportunities!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    "Resentful" is my word of the day. I'm feeling resentful because: 1) the soup I made to eat this week for lunch is way too salty but I have to eat it because I can't afford to waste the money on something else; 2) said soup is causing water weight gain and messing with the number on the scale (up 2 pounds when I'm only eating about 1230 calories per day and it's pissing me off even though I know it's not a *true* gain); 3) I've been volunteered to do a project that I don't want to do and will take me hours and hours but saying "no" isn't a choice (it's for my mom); and 4) my go-to for when I feel like this is still to want to eat all the food, and I'm sick of having that thought pop into my head even though I'm getting better at ignoring it. Blergh.

I've heard if you add a slice of raw potato as you cook, it will absorb some of the salt. Maybe you could try that when you re-heat your soup?

I'll try it. Thanks :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I bought two bags of Haribo Tangfastic today, they were always my favourite sweets and I've been craving them recently. Instead of eating them all in one go like I used to I've portioned the two bags into 8 mini bags, so I can have a little taste every day without going over my calories.

That's great! High five!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"

I get into her office

AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

This is a pretty fantastic exchange.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My daughter's stupid dog attacked a baby bunny in our backyard this morning. I'm SO over that little a-hole monster. If she didn't love him so much, he'd be gone. Mind you, he's a Chihuahua/minpin mix and he's far more vicious than my pit has EVER been.

Any chance of hiring a dog trainer? I did that as a gift to my son when he ended up with two untrained dogs within a short time frame and unexpectedly and was going crazy. It was pricey, but if you find the right trainer (which thankfully we did after some searching) they train the human to train the dog. That way you have the knowledge and skills not just for this dog but for any you may have in the future. It was well worth the price. Just a suggestion. (He and both the dogs are very happy now!)

That's the thing. We had a dog already when we got this little effer and she is an amazing companion animal. He was a product of my husband's parents dogs which are bonkers. Not only that, but he was with my SIL for a while and her youngest daughter did nothing but torture him (not actual torture, but close enough) constantly.

We were hoping that he'd follow our other dog's lead (she's incredible) and pick up good habits and obedience. That is not the case AT ALL. He basically refuses to poop outside unless someone stays out there with him, which we don't always have time to do, so he's been using my basement as a toilet.

He barks and growls and even nips at my husband constantly, he has terrible separation anxiety from my daughter. We even bought him one of those Thundershirts that are supposed to help with all kinds of stuff, they even have a 100% money back guarantee and he ate the side of it. He chews on anything, just completely destroys almost everything.

This sounds terrible, but I feel as though we've already spent enough money on this little demon even though we didn't pay for him, we spent A LOT at the vet and on supplies, not to mention all the things we've had to replace that he's destroyed, I don't know if I want to put anymore money in him. I never wanted a puppy in the first place.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I get into her office

Her eyes got huge.

Congrats! What a way to go.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I bet he is saying something like "I inducted her into this gym and look how amazing she is doing!"