Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I can't add my foods and I am freaking out!
    There's a lot of posts going around about that.

Just another "improvement" that makes ya' want to buy premium. :wink:

I wonder how many people have bought it?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, why the hell didn't we get iPhones sooner?!?! I'm beyond impressed, even after having to update the spft
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, why the hell didn't we get iPhones sooner?!?! I'm beyond impressed, even after having to update the spft
    Whoops hit reply too soon lol, I was saying I'm beyond impressed, even after having to update the software on both phones. Never going back to android again lol!

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, I have one (posting during work so you know my mind is NOT on work today) I am SO excited my company is buying another very large, very well known company (just announce today but I am weird about putting the name of the company I work for in this forum even though everyone can probably figure this out). I want in on this merger activity. I am going to throw my hat in the ring with my VP. I need a new challenge, I love complex projects that involve lots of teams and new situations, and my dissertation was on the organizational dynamics of mergers.

Win/Win right? Then I get scared to think about pursuing it. What if they aren't interested in me? What if I fail? What if I try to get in and get told 'no you are needed in your current job' but it back fires on me. What if I suck at it?

My friend says I am the most arrogantly insecure person she knows. Both are coming out today. But I feel like someone just dropped a gift in my lap with this... I need a distraction (between what is going on with my horse), company probably going to end up selling my area of the business, I am not in the spotlight right now. This could be just what I needed. I think its fate (even though not sure I believe in that) and I am going to pursue it with everything I have.

I think.... :)

You should try for it. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. Good luck!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession. I hate my job. I hate it so much is making me depressed and affecting the rest of my life, but I feel trapped because I signed on for a contract to see a project through, and the project is dragging but I feel like if I go for a new job and have to explain why I'm leaving this one, it's going to look bad that I'm jumping ship before the end of the project and leaving a big hole in a small team. But I hate the work and hate the fact I work for who I work for. I feel like I'm getting deskilled and going backwards in my career. I'm also resentful that I'm not being paid what I'm worth and I'm paid way less than the rest of my team with no way of seeking a raise.

I needed to get that off my chest. Grrr.

Sorry to hear, hopefully you can muscle through the project and move on to something better.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have one (posting during work so you know my mind is NOT on work today) I am SO excited my company is buying another very large, very well known company (just announce today but I am weird about putting the name of the company I work for in this forum even though everyone can probably figure this out). I want in on this merger activity. I am going to throw my hat in the ring with my VP. I need a new challenge, I love complex projects that involve lots of teams and new situations, and my dissertation was on the organizational dynamics of mergers.

Win/Win right? Then I get scared to think about pursuing it. What if they aren't interested in me? What if I fail? What if I try to get in and get told 'no you are needed in your current job' but it back fires on me. What if I suck at it?

My friend says I am the most arrogantly insecure person she knows. Both are coming out today. But I feel like someone just dropped a gift in my lap with this... I need a distraction (between what is going on with my horse), company probably going to end up selling my area of the business, I am not in the spotlight right now. This could be just what I needed. I think its fate (even though not sure I believe in that) and I am going to pursue it with everything I have.

Go for it and great luck!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I'll add my good wishes and GO FOR IT!
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: I skipped dinner this evening so I could have a slice of red velvet cheesecake and a cup of coffee this evening. Only miss d my calorie goal by 1...no regrets:)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

I totally know how you feel. I hate getting handed lab coats on site visits and knowing there's no way it'll do up and having to get get one that drowns me most places to do up over my hips. My favourite situation is when they apologise that they only have xxl or something and they're too big for everyone.

You can definitely climb that mountain though. Go out and get a coat you feel comfortable in and you can do it!

Yeah my hips are frigging massive :( Although 3 inches down on size from last month). The problem is, the high street outdoor shops don't cater to coats in my size (that have to accomodate my gargantuan hips, a wicking top, a mid-layer fleece and a top fleece). Anyway, out of hurt and anger this morning, I've ordered a £200 coat from Berghaus to try, in cherry pink!
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

Oh my gosh you so have to climb it! I would love to climb it, but my SO isn't into that kind of thing so you have to climb it for me! And what are you on about "woman my size", you can be the first woman your size to climb it then :wink: Don't let a coat put you off the idea, once you do the challenge you will realise a coat is a coat and it is totally worth getting it in a slightly bigger size. About 8 years ago (and 3 stone lighter) I travelled around Borneo for a month and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu which is 4,095.2m or 13,435.7ft above sea level and I was 13st which is... about 170lbs. It was a struggle but it was damn worth it once you get to the top!

I am really excited about the climb (it was people here that persuaded me i could do it) and I'm so looking forward to it. My boyfriend has now decided he is going to do it with me (its an overnight climb, in the dark, on behalf of the alzheimer's society). I don't have a problem with having to get a bigger sized coat, i have a problem finding a bigger sized coat, and i have a bigger problem trying on a succession of coats that don't fit and having to say to my partners, nope, too small and generally feeling like crap about myself (my problem, not theirs). Outdoor shops do not cater to 15 stone women who want to climb mountains.

I will climb it for you Lois :) I'll be posting pics and videos on my justgiving page (which you can get through my profile) so you can experience it yourself ;)

I wouldn't have said either of my partners would do this either, although my boyfriend used to be in the army, those days are long gone. But after i signed up to climb Ben Nevis, my boyfriend decided he would too, which I think is great for him, because its encouraged him to go to the gym and get fitter. My girlfriend won't do it, says she couldn't, but is coming climbing in Brecon at the weekend, so we've found an activity that we all like to do together, that isn't sitting in front of a screen.

Yea I completely get that. I despise clothes shopping and I despise changing rooms even more. If I have a good day I'll pick up all the clothes I'm brave enough to try on and then face the corner of the cubical changing until I'm dressed. I cannot bear to look at myself when I get dressed. Even at home I face away from the mirror until I'm done. So many times I've gone clothes shopping and ended in a puddle of tears because nothing fits.

I'm sure your girlfriend will change her mind after the climb this weekend. It would be good if you did it as a threesome, and it's great you have found something to do. Is it climbing as in wall climbing or climbing as in hiking? If its wall climbing you will have amazing arms!

Thank you for climbing it for me! I might have to Photoshop myself into a picture of the top! lol

Its hill climbing/hiking. We're going to Brecon in Wales this weekend, to do the 'fan dance', which is the UK Special Forces selection training ground. I'm intending to take it as a nice amble - and an excuse for a nice pub meal after!
    LOL photoshop away!

Hell yes! The most of Wales I've seen is Cardiff. I kinda got stuck in Kent. I'm getting better, drove to Torquay for a holiday last summer, and my SO's dad lives in Liverpool so I drive there twice a year. Need to find somewhere for this summer yet.
    Gonna have to look up 'Fan Dance' sounds fun, right up to the words UK Special Forces...then it didn't sound so fun. lol

Of! I live in Torquay on weekends! (London in the week).

I'll let you know how the fan dance is, I think it sounds fun!

Oh my god just for the weekend? I had a nightmare drive down, it took 6 hours! We got caught up in three places. I was going to stop off at Stone Henge but the traffic was so bad I just wanted to get there. lol
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't think I ever want another dog again. Mine barks all day long at everything (thankfully we have a pretty quiet street or I can't even imagine) and drives me INSANE. And he'll destroy every tissue or paper or toilet paper roll he can get his paws on. And he hates dogs and might attack them so I don't even dare walking him. I'm so over dogs.

I had the greatest black lab ever. He lived to 15, and he was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. If he barked, you knew something was up. He was my best buddy. When he died in '07 it absolutely devastated me. I was a wreck.

My confession is, I can't bring myself to get another dog. The reason being, although I've known a few great dogs,

I've known TONS of stupid, aggressive, loud, clumsy, disobedient, destructive, smelly, just plain dumb dogs. And if I got a dumb one, I'd resent the hell out of him.
    I understand this. Our dog is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest dog there is. We have a bunch of dogs in the extended family that come and stay from time to time, and they all annoy me, even though I love them.

Every one else's dogs annoy me after a while lol. Everybody has different behaviors they can tolerate that other people can't. My friend has a Beagle and I know I could never handle one. But I also know that my dog, who is "perfect" to me could likely drive other people crazy lol.

Picking a breed that suits your family (a general "your") is important. Knowing what you want/don't want in a dog will help you narrow your choices. (Example: I couldn't personally handle hounds, but Shiba Inus are perfect for me.)

You could also foster dogs for a bit until you find one that you connect with.

Always wondered how you came up with your name! You may have mentioned it back when we were all explaining our names, but that seems like forever ago!

Lol, Yes, it for my beloved Shiba Inus :smile:

I had to look up what that was.....cute dogs!

Yes, they are! Most people don't know what they are, people always ask if they're "mini Huskies". But no, they aren't. More people know what Akitas are, so I just tell them she's like a smaller version of them.

ETA: Now because we're talking about them, I wanted to add a picture of my girl

I know what shibus are purely because of the doge meme. My goodness they look brilliant. If we had the time in our lives to accommodate a dog, I would have one. Maybe some day!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: I had a garage sale last weekend and 2 ladies came in that were obviously sisters and both had noticeable tummies. I asked them if they were sisters and they said yes. I said "How fun, you get to have babies around the same time" Ummm, one had her baby 3 weeks ago. I felt so bad. I immediately apologized. Twice. In my defense, they were slim and 3 weeks postpartem is completely normal to still be carrying a belly. Never the less, I did not comment on anyone else's baby bump the rest of the weekend. Still feel bad about it

This is why I NEVER ask 'when is it due' unless someone has specifically told me they're pregnant.

At least you felt bad about it and apologised. Lesson learnt!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I confess that I always feel a tinge of wistful regret when I'm doing really well with my exercise and calorie goals, because I don't have anything to confess! :-O

I confess after a few folks complained about the lack of interesting confessions yesterday I tried to wrack my brain to find some but I think I may have confessed everything (well....everything I am ever going to confess in a public ... even anonymous ... forum). I didn't want some key folks to abandon us!

I like what this thread has morphed into! It's an even balance of confessing, supporting, venting, and laughing and I look forward to it!

I totally agree! It's like a huge, nonjudgemental group of friends have come together to party and celebrate good times, commiserate in bad times, and joke about embarrassing moments and confessions without any judgement. It's my favorite thread!

I love that about this thread. Its my favourite thread of any forum I'm a member of. I check in pretty much daily and i love hearing people's stories, daily life, rants and successes, even if they are not weight loss related. It reminds me that we're all human, we are fallible, and success is measured by our ability to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down.

This thread has been great for motivating me in so many ways, and giving me a place to vent/confess when i am less than perfect. I hope it keeps going.

• orangesmartie
    Options

I totally know how you feel. I hate getting handed lab coats on site visits and knowing there's no way it'll do up and having to get get one that drowns me most places to do up over my hips. My favourite situation is when they apologise that they only have xxl or something and they're too big for everyone.

You can definitely climb that mountain though. Go out and get a coat you feel comfortable in and you can do it!

Yeah my hips are frigging massive :( Although 3 inches down on size from last month). The problem is, the high street outdoor shops don't cater to coats in my size (that have to accomodate my gargantuan hips, a wicking top, a mid-layer fleece and a top fleece). Anyway, out of hurt and anger this morning, I've ordered a £200 coat from Berghaus to try, in cherry pink!

Oh my gosh you so have to climb it! I would love to climb it, but my SO isn't into that kind of thing so you have to climb it for me! And what are you on about "woman my size", you can be the first woman your size to climb it then :wink: Don't let a coat put you off the idea, once you do the challenge you will realise a coat is a coat and it is totally worth getting it in a slightly bigger size. About 8 years ago (and 3 stone lighter) I travelled around Borneo for a month and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu which is 4,095.2m or 13,435.7ft above sea level and I was 13st which is... about 170lbs. It was a struggle but it was damn worth it once you get to the top!

I am really excited about the climb (it was people here that persuaded me i could do it) and I'm so looking forward to it. My boyfriend has now decided he is going to do it with me (its an overnight climb, in the dark, on behalf of the alzheimer's society). I don't have a problem with having to get a bigger sized coat, i have a problem finding a bigger sized coat, and i have a bigger problem trying on a succession of coats that don't fit and having to say to my partners, nope, too small and generally feeling like crap about myself (my problem, not theirs). Outdoor shops do not cater to 15 stone women who want to climb mountains.

I will climb it for you Lois :) I'll be posting pics and videos on my justgiving page (which you can get through my profile) so you can experience it yourself ;)

I wouldn't have said either of my partners would do this either, although my boyfriend used to be in the army, those days are long gone. But after i signed up to climb Ben Nevis, my boyfriend decided he would too, which I think is great for him, because its encouraged him to go to the gym and get fitter. My girlfriend won't do it, says she couldn't, but is coming climbing in Brecon at the weekend, so we've found an activity that we all like to do together, that isn't sitting in front of a screen.

You should feel great about yourself on multiple levels for this...your selflessness to raise funds for alzheimers, that you are willing to do this and that you can do it, your sense of adventure, and the cherry pink coat sounds awesome! Finishing it will bring you a lifetime of pride. In marathons and triathlons, people along the road always hold up signs like... pain is temporary, pride is forever...the accomplishment is not in finishing, its that you had the courage to start, etc. Don't worry about your coat, get one that you like and fits, and then have a great time! Glad you have someone to do it with!

Thank you!

• orangesmartie
    Options
    Do it

Do it. Throw your hat into the ring. The worst they can say is, 'not at the moment'. and thats ok too. the universe has a plan for you and everything is for a reason, if you are bold enough to take the first step. Its all good learning. And you'll probably be awesome at it. Senior managers will be wondering who they can second to do it and would jump at the chance of a keen, self motivated volunteer.

Don't miss your opportunity.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Yea I completely get that. I despise clothes shopping and I despise changing rooms even more. If I have a good day I'll pick up all the clothes I'm brave enough to try on and then face the corner of the cubical changing until I'm dressed. I cannot bear to look at myself when I get dressed. Even at home I face away from the mirror until I'm done. So many times I've gone clothes shopping and ended in a puddle of tears because nothing fits.

I'm sure your girlfriend will change her mind after the climb this weekend. It would be good if you did it as a threesome, and it's great you have found something to do. Is it climbing as in wall climbing or climbing as in hiking? If its wall climbing you will have amazing arms!

Thank you for climbing it for me! I might have to Photoshop myself into a picture of the top! lol

Its hill climbing/hiking. We're going to Brecon in Wales this weekend, to do the 'fan dance', which is the UK Special Forces selection training ground. I'm intending to take it as a nice amble - and an excuse for a nice pub meal after!
    LOL photoshop away!

Hell yes! The most of Wales I've seen is Cardiff. I kinda got stuck in Kent. I'm getting better, drove to Torquay for a holiday last summer, and my SO's dad lives in Liverpool so I drive there twice a year. Need to find somewhere for this summer yet.
    Gonna have to look up 'Fan Dance' sounds fun, right up to the words UK Special Forces...then it didn't sound so fun. lol

Of! I live in Torquay on weekends! (London in the week).

I'll let you know how the fan dance is, I think it sounds fun!

Oh my god just for the weekend? I had a nightmare drive down, it took 6 hours! We got caught up in three places. I was going to stop off at Stone Henge but the traffic was so bad I just wanted to get there. lol

LOLOL it is a bit of a nightmare coming round from Kent. I live at the top of the M4 so its less hassle - but going down the A303 is never a good journey, particular during school holidays. I can do the journey door to door in about 2hrs 40 mins with no stops, but i leave late at night on Thursday and come back late on sunday.

EDIT: Apologies for the posting splurt! I'm catching up

• clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Confession: This was the first thread I opened when I joined MFP, it was at 9.5K and I've been lurking for weeks!
    Got up to page 397 before giving up and skipping to the end. It's been most entertaining, though I feel like a bit of a stalker knowing all this stuff about people without contributing heh
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Whoops hit reply too soon lol, I was saying I'm beyond impressed, even after having to update the software on both phones. Never going back to android again lol!

THAT is totally how I felt. I loved my Blackberry because it still had actual buttons but once I got an iPhone, game over for Blackberry. I can tell you I have had my iPhone for 129 days because that is how long my steak on MFP is. There is no excuse for not logging in with an iPhone.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: I had a garage sale last weekend and 2 ladies came in that were obviously sisters and both had noticeable tummies. I asked them if they were sisters and they said yes. I said "How fun, you get to have babies around the same time" Ummm, one had her baby 3 weeks ago. I felt so bad. I immediately apologized. Twice. In my defense, they were slim and 3 weeks postpartem is completely normal to still be carrying a belly. Never the less, I did not comment on anyone else's baby bump the rest of the weekend. Still feel bad about it

See bolded above.

Even as a single woman who has never actually birthed a living child, I wish the whole world knew this.

This is an issue and society needs to get its collective *kitten* together. Women do not pop out babies and magically get their figures back. That only happens to genetic anomalies like Heidi Klum who has ACTIVELY TOLD EVERY ONE that she is NOT the norm and she is GENETICALLY BLESSED to be that way.

Confession: This topic is a sore spot for me even though I have never given birth. I'm not quite sure why....
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I suffer from hyperhidrosis (extreme sweating) which makes working out at the gym impossible. I have the sweating under control during every day activities thanks to a special solution from the pharmacy. During my teenage years I only wore black or white t-shirts so people wouldn't see the stains under my arm pits. I'm so glad that at least that is over but working out (no matter if cardio or strength) leaves me and the floor around me as wet as if I just stepped out of the shower and I really wouldn't want to bother anyone with that at a gym.
    I started doing Botox this year and it has changed my life - I still sweat, but I don't end up with massive wet patches down my arms when I'm anxious (so always) or when I'm hot. It's amazing.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Yay my new (pink!) coat came, and it fits, even with a fleece underneath!