Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't get it either, but some of them are pretty obvious (although I still think iron deficiency girl was one, so who knows). The thing is that most of the discussions that go on tend to ignore the OP after a while and are interesting (or amusing) for reasons having nothing to do with the OP, IMO.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess, this thread has made me irrationally angry....or maybe I should eat something.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10158706/something-i-learned-to-avoid-carbs/p1

I saw that this morning and against my better judgment read through the whole thing and understand your reaction.

I confess the thread about how 120 lb women (or whatever) could and should too be losing 2 lbs per week if they weren't weak and lacking the mental discipline to eat at a 1000 calorie deficit while exercising hard is irritating the heck out of me.

I could be taking this personally as it hits my buttons some. ;-)

And that's an example of where the thread has little to do with the actual question the OP asked.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I confess, this thread has made me irrationally angry....or maybe I should eat something.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10158706/something-i-learned-to-avoid-carbs/p1

I saw that this morning and against my better judgment read through the whole thing and understand your reaction.

I confess the thread about how 120 lb women (or whatever) could and should too be losing 2 lbs per week if they weren't weak and lacking the mental discipline to eat at a 1000 calorie deficit while exercising hard is irritating the heck out of me.

I could be taking this personally as it hits my buttons some. ;-)

And that's an example of where the thread has little to do with the actual question the OP asked.

i gave up on that one. Sure, it's just my discipline that's lacking because i have trouble running 10K a day on less than 1000 calories for weeks on end. Lol. Peaced out of that thread right quick.
  • CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    I gained 10 pounds over the holidays but never adjusted my current weight in MFP. I've lost 5 pounds of it already but technically I should have recorded it.

I did this for a while when I first started gaining some weight back. Then I eventually updated with my new weight.

Every week I would think "I'll do better this week, and maybe by next week I will be able to record a lower weight."
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I want bonus points for predicting exactly who would be posting in there and what they'd be arguing about before I even opened it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I don't get it either, but some of them are pretty obvious (although I still think iron deficiency girl was one, so who knows). The thing is that most of the discussions that go on tend to ignore the OP after a while and are interesting (or amusing) for reasons having nothing to do with the OP, IMO.

Out of curiosity I have checked on the OP (officially launching into MFP acronyms) of this thread. She is still here and posting. Oddly after the first few pages of this she never came back. She started the best thread ever and just left. Still don't get that one. I would be like a mother hen and so obnoxiously proud of myself I would probably kill it by constantly putting out I birthed this people would hate me. :wink:
  • CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A workout confession from me:

I refuse to go to a public gym because I am severely embarrassed by the massive amounts of fat I carry on my upper arms, and the way it flaps and makes disgusting sounds when I am working out makes me queasy. I don't want to imagine how it would make others feel.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've eaten really badly for the past two days (two whole pizza Hut large pizzas and a side of cheese wedges) and today has already gotten off to a bad start. Not even 7am and double helping of porridge with the most obscene amount of golden syrup and a muller light chocolate yoghurt :( Trying to talk myself out of a caramel coffee. Why do I sabotage myself like this? I'm losing weight, and I'm seeing the effects of my gym regime and now I'm eating like pacman. No prospect of exercise until later this afternoon. So annoyed with myself
    I know that feeling, and wish I knew why progress can be a setback. Maybe weigh yourself less often so the small successes aren't obvious ? And why is it seem so easy to undo hard work
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    CynSearly wrote: »

I refuse to go to a public gym because I am severely embarrassed by the massive amounts of fat I carry on my upper arms, and the way it flaps and makes disgusting sounds when I am working out makes me queasy. I don't want to imagine how it would make others feel.

I can't imagine anyone would notice but you could wear a long sleeved shirt?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I confess that today on zee mothers day I feel like the biggest pile of loser because I cant give my mom all the things she deserves. my little sister got her some expensive stuff and im just sitting here like "hi im your oldest daughter & also a total failure you are welcome" My mom is my everything and it hurts that im so *kitten* she deserves better than me
  • snowdevilgirl
    snowdevilgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Of course there are salt n vinegar chips in the States! I don't like them though...

How dare you :p
  • snowdevilgirl
    snowdevilgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I thought of this. Can you log something "ahead" of time? Ie/ then edit later to add more in?
    [/quote]

Ive done that a day or two ahead. Sometimes to check if what im plannjnh on eatting fits my "budget" or if i need to get an extra workout in. I find it extremely helpful. Plus I pre enter if i am going out to a restaurant(where i have picked out what I plan on eatting by looking at their online menu then pretend I am picking it out when I get there so I don't weird out my dinner companions ) You can always change it later if you change your mind but it gives you a good point of reference.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Ive done that a day or two ahead. Sometimes to check if what im plannjnh on eatting fits my "budget" or if i need to get an extra workout in. I find it extremely helpful. Plus I pre enter if i am going out to a restaurant(where i have picked out what I plan on eatting by looking at their online menu then pretend I am picking it out when I get there so I don't weird out my dinner companions ) You can always change it later if you change your mind but it gives you a good point of reference.

That helps if the eating is the problem. It won't keep your login streak going, though, even if you have logged foods in your diary. You have to actually log into the site/app to keep the streak alive. :)

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Update: sicker than I've been in awhile. my wife & hung out on the couch & binge watched Season 7 of Sons of Anarchy...*kitten* just hit the fan with Gemma, lol.

NO SPOLIERS PLEASE

I still haven't brought myself to watch the last episode. Eventually...

ETA: I just now realized why I randomly get Goodbye Sober Day stuck in my head when I'm reading in here. It's YOUR fault.

Excellent! Did you catch the Faith No More live broadcast on Yahoo on Friday? It's up on youtube now...they sounded fantastic (well, except for when they brought Chuck Mosely out for 'Mark Bowen' .. what a trainwreck.)

We're going to take a trip to see them since they're not coming near Denver. Maybe Philly or Atlanta.

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love chicken nuggets. That's what I get 99% of the time at Wendy's or McDonald's. I don't believe that they're only a "kid's food" and I don't feel weird about ordering them as an adult. And yay that chicken fries have returned to Burger King!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    McDonald's chicken nuggets are so freaking good.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I didn't like them in the past, but I do now. Wendy's nuggets are my favorite.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Agreed! No shame here :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Unrelated but I heard on the radio Monday is National Eat Whatever You Want Day! For those in the US enjoy!

Wish my body knew about that.
    CynSearly wrote: »

I'm sorry. I completely get it.

Confession - got peeved at the gym because they promised muffins and coffee for Mother's Day this morning and there wasn't any.

My Mother's Day treat was going to Carvel and getting a waffle bowl and Nutella soft serve (I was 'good' and only got medium size though). So I'll be a bit over. Whatever. I'd been craving it for 2 weeks, since I got the flyer in the mail. Probably shouldn't have got a waffle and a chocolate croissant this morning too, in retrospect, but the funny thing is that I should still be hitting my protein goal, and even if I eat at maintenance today I'll have enough of a deficit to lose half a pound this week, so it's all good.

And my husband did steam clean the floors while I was at the gym.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Forum bugged out again and double posted.