Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Does anyone else ever see a list like this and feel like you have no idea what 90% of those things are? Talk about feeling dumb, but I just sat on my butt for way too long trying to make sense of a similar list.

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

Yup, no idea what quite a few of them are. In fact I only know plank, push-ups, superman and Childs pose. My favourite is child's pose lol
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited April 2015
    My one close friend broke up with me because (to simplify) I changed my wedding plans and eloped, and she couldn't make it. I literally don't have any other close friends. This affected my eating yesterday quite a bit unfortunately. Did not make goal. Im back on track today though, screw her.

Weddings do funny things to people. I've lost two of my closest friends due to weddings. When I got married we went to mexico and she was not happy at our choice of resort or the fact that we moved the wedding up. I told her I completely understood if she couldn't go b/c we moved the wedding up and she didn't have as much time to save. She got all pissy about it - that was 7 years ago.

My other friend who was my best friend since the 3rd grade told me, after she paid for her trip to my wedding, that her fiance was laid off and they couldn't afford for her to go. I told her it was a vacation as well and she could pick which ever color blue dress she wanted. I wanted no fuss with my wedding (my dress was only $200.00 which was a good thing since I ripped when it got caught in the heel of my shoe and it got covered in sand). She still wasnt' able to make it and I refunded her money - i understand that things happen. Well, during a fight she told me that the real reason she didn't go was b/c she thought I was being bridezilla, expecting her to pay $1500.0 to attend my wedding and a true friend wouldn't do that. Well, the gloves came off and I told her how I really felt about her racist, redneck fiance (now husband). It has been 3 or 4 years and we haven't spoken since (even when we ran into each other at a festival).

When you cut the grass, the snakes come out and you see who really is there for you. Sometimes, it means you lose people in the end.

That is very similar to this situation. Although, my friend did know that I planned on this spring or early summer, so I was still within the expected time frame - I had not set a date previously!

What is wrong with people? I just don't understand. I love my friends, and thankfully most of them are married now, but if any of them had eloped I would have been happy as heck. I think weddings are so boring. Don't invite me! I will never be mad.

I don't see the point of doing a huge party/ceremony (and the stress planning everything). I mean, it is for one day! you are going to spend thousands of dollars so family you never see can eat & drink your food and you are stuck w/ the bill (i'm not close w/ a lot of my family hence my not caring if they are there are not). I know this is not for all but I just don't see the point. My dress was a bridesmaids dress I ordered in white. It was simple and light weight (mexico - it was warm) and it was just what i needed. Some people will just never accept that on that one day - it is about you and you only.
    My one close friend broke up with me because (to simplify) I changed my wedding plans and eloped, and she couldn't make it. I literally don't have any other close friends. This affected my eating yesterday quite a bit unfortunately. Did not make goal. Im back on track today though, screw her.

Wow. As if your wedding plans should revolve around your friend's schedule?
    Sorry you're dealing with that.

Thank you. I go back and forth between feeling like I did something wrong and feeling mad that she totally is making it about her.

I felt this way for the longest time too - I felt like I was just a horrible person for not giving in to my friends' wishes & desires and I felt it was their fault that they were mad at me for doing what what I wanted to do for MY wedding. I still struggle with this when dealing with issues with my parents (I am a people pleaser and will often do for others to make them happy rather than do for myself to make me happy) - it makes me sound selfish but it is the truth.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Kalici wrote: »
    Does anyone else ever see a list like this and feel like you have no idea what 90% of those things are? Talk about feeling dumb, but I just sat on my butt for way too long trying to make sense of a similar list.

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

Yep and then I take my rear to YouTube because I need to know things.

That's what I did too! But I was thinking to myself - I could have done a workout that I did understand in the time I took to look all those exercises up haha.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

I started reading the list before I read your comment, and sat here going wtf is a fire hydrant, wtf is a superman...I think people make these lists just to see wast stupid crap they can get people to do and post to Instagram.
  • grammabecky57
    grammabecky57 Posts: 5 Member
    Not washing clothes every single time =/= not wiping gym equipment

No, I get that. Thank you for wiping the equipment!
    It is just my MRSA flairs up from time to time due to in-grown hair, slight irritation, etc. Showering my icky sweat off helps (plus the doctor told me to.)
    Otherwise, it is month of antibiotics, stomach troubles (have those already) and someone poking at my skin with a scalpel.

• berlynnwall

Weddings do funny things to people. I've lost two of my closest friends due to weddings. When I got married we went to mexico and she was not happy at our choice of resort or the fact that we moved the wedding up. I told her I completely understood if she couldn't go b/c we moved the wedding up and she didn't have as much time to save. She got all pissy about it - that was 7 years ago.

My other friend who was my best friend since the 3rd grade told me, after she paid for her trip to my wedding, that her fiance was laid off and they couldn't afford for her to go. I told her it was a vacation as well and she could pick which ever color blue dress she wanted. I wanted no fuss with my wedding (my dress was only $200.00 which was a good thing since I ripped when it got caught in the heel of my shoe and it got covered in sand). She still wasnt' able to make it and I refunded her money - i understand that things happen. Well, during a fight she told me that the real reason she didn't go was b/c she thought I was being bridezilla, expecting her to pay $1500.0 to attend my wedding and a true friend wouldn't do that. Well, the gloves came off and I told her how I really felt about her racist, redneck fiance (now husband). It has been 3 or 4 years and we haven't spoken since (even when we ran into each other at a festival).

When you cut the grass, the snakes come out and you see who really is there for you. Sometimes, it means you lose people in the end.

That is very similar to this situation. Although, my friend did know that I planned on this spring or early summer, so I was still within the expected time frame - I had not set a date previously!

What is wrong with people? I just don't understand. I love my friends, and thankfully most of them are married now, but if any of them had eloped I would have been happy as heck. I think weddings are so boring. Don't invite me! I will never be mad.

I don't see the point of doing a huge party/ceremony (and the stress planning everything). I mean, it is for one day! you are going to spend thousands of dollars so family you never see can eat & drink your food and you are stuck w/ the bill (i'm not close w/ a lot of my family hence my not caring if they are there are not). I know this is not for all but I just don't see the point. My dress was a bridesmaids dress I ordered in white. It was simple and light weight (mexico - it was warm) and it was just what i needed. Some people will just never accept that on that one day - it is about you and you only.

Wow. As if your wedding plans should revolve around your friend's schedule?
    Sorry you're dealing with that.

Thank you. I go back and forth between feeling like I did something wrong and feeling mad that she totally is making it about her.

I felt this way for the longest time too - I felt like I was just a horrible person for not giving in to my friends' wishes & desires and I felt it was their fault that they were mad at me for doing what what I wanted to do for MY wedding. I still struggle with this when dealing with issues with my parents (I am a people pleaser and will often do for others to make them happy rather than do for myself to make me happy) - it makes me sound selfish but it is the truth.

We went very low key. We already have two children together, we have lived together for 7 years. We don't even really care about being married, we are totally committed regardless - we mainly did it so that my now husband can adopt my older child who he has been raising this whole time. She knew that, and still made a huge fuss over nothing. Oh well.

I don't think you sound selfish. People can be so unreasonable. Also, I like your cat.
  • berlynnwall
    JPW1990 wrote: »

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

I started reading the list before I read your comment, and sat here going wtf is a fire hydrant, wtf is a superman...I think people make these lists just to see wast stupid crap they can get people to do and post to Instagram.

I have totally wondered if people are making up crazy nonsense and pinning it on Pinterest to see if anyone will do it. I think there may be something to it.
  • lordofthethings
    lordofthethings Posts: 10
    edited April 2015
    I make fat-free microwave popcorn...then melt a bunch of butter and slather it on and smother it in salt. Yeah. Mastered the "Defeating The Purpose" part of the program. And I not only don't log it...I also fake amnesia when the kids need butter for their toast the next morning.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Damn that posted list. Now I will be doing fire hydrants just to test them out
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Damn that posted list. Now I will be doing fire hydrants just to test them out

They're very effective!
  • grammabecky57
    I was told we all carry a small amount of that virus (or what ever it is) on our skin but those of us who are prone to flares, much like people who get cold sores while others don't, we have to be extra cautious. I was told to use a special soap that is awesome for times when I might be most vulnerable. It's not too expensive and available in any drug store, It's called "Hibiclens" it's an antiseptic/ antimicrobacterial skin cleanser. It doesn't suds up but I can vouch for it. Itchy areas or areas that sweat are best areas to use this in. And best yet, it has never burned on open wounds.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

This is why I didn't start working out until my boss hired a trainer for us. I don't want to be the idiot at the gym using the equipment wrong and I'm WAY too embarrassed to ask how you're supposed to use it.

If the 15 second Superman is the same as the one in Soulja Boy's song, I know how to do that thanks for Dance Central. :smiley:

• grammabecky57
    My confession would have to be that when baking cookies for church or family I tend to eat at least 18 cookies standard size. I just have no control what so ever for home baked cookies. That is why I try to bake them the day I take them but still have a problem. I can't bring any home even with three teens living here to help eat them. I have hidden them from myself, had my granddaughter hide them, eaten those I counted out the rest of the family and lied about who ate them saying " I'm not the only one who ate them". I will say I have to admit to myself by logging every bite in my daily foods. I just have to see how bad it really was. I am a jelly bean freak too. I had to wean off them by going to sugar free (not nearly as good) and counting the darn beans. lol.
  • MoHousdon
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

It tastes as bad as you think it would. I'm TOTALLY judging turkey bacon.

• AlciaMode
    MoHousdon wrote: »

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

This is why I didn't start working out until my boss hired a trainer for us. I don't want to be the idiot at the gym using the equipment wrong and I'm WAY too embarrassed to ask how you're supposed to use it.

If the 15 second Superman is the same as the one in Soulja Boy's song, I know how to do that thanks for Dance Central. :smiley:

Superman that they speak of is laying on your stomach and raising your arms and legs into the air and holding.
  • MoHousdon

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

Superman that they speak of is laying on your stomach and raising your arms and legs into the air and holding.

That's disappointing...

• AlciaMode

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

That's disappointing...

Yeah. Bird dog and the rest of them are not much more fun either. Especially mountain climbers. I rather burpee myself to death.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!
  • AlciaMode
    Confession: today is free scoop day at Ben & Jerry's shops. So a scoop of something delectable shall most likely become my dinner.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    p

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

The only ones I don't know are the boat pose crunches & the pilates mermaids...