Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    my husband is taking out on me the fact that hes not losing weight. He quit counting calories and quit exercise of any form other than going to work.

I have been supportive and making his meals for works and dinner. Its not my fault he chooses to buy fast food when im asleep or when he gets off work. no one is making him not exercise but hes being a prick about it.

i suggested if p90x is too much during the work week that maybe he should find another work out dvd to do that wont be too much during the week for him. i also asked him if there was anything he needed me to do to help him.

ugh
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »
    I feel like I am so much "less than" marathon or race runners, I would rather walk or bike but I just want to want [/b] to want to run. They just seem so much more in control of their lives than me, mainly because you must have to be very disciplined to do things like that, and I'm apparently not like that at all. I grazed on pretzels most of today.

I don't think runners are necessarily more disciplined than anyone else. I like running so it isn't a chore. Resistance training on the other hand is for me, and I think I feel abotu weightlifters how you feel about runners. We always look at people different from us and see something good that they have that we don't, and overlook the good things about ourselves.

Anyway, I only started running initially cos I couldn't stop eating biscuits at work all day - not very disciplined at all!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm now behind by 191 pages in this thread. Back here on page 223 it's March 25 at 10:29 a.m. I'm writing from the past to report that my prediction did in fact come true.

Alas, I fear this may be the closest any of us ever gets to 'experiencing' a form of time travel... ;)

(No, wait -- that's not true -- we get to experience a form of time travel every time a particular scent triggers sense-memory (and, well, I suppose it would also be "scents-memory" ;) )... or a particular taste triggers its own version of such... and we are 'transported', via sense-memory, to another time and/or place... and often 'to' a particular moment that involved the presence of another (and sometimes the presence of one 'no longer here', and/or who is missed... )))

Anyway... Lorraine, please say, "hi!" to the 'me' from back then (I'm SO different now... ;P ). ;)

Oh, and allow me to be the first to say, "hello!" to you now ('pre-emptively', I suppose ;) ), for whenever it is you happen to make it 'here', at this point in the future-as-you-now-know-it, but for which this point will later be known to others as "the past"... but which currently represents the 'here and now' (not to be confused with the saying, "that's neither here nor there", mind you, as hearing anyone ever say that results in my thinking, "then where the heck IS it?!"... ;P ). ;)

(A toast -- to better tomorrows! -- which will later be our yesterdays! -- and then ultimately Lorraine's todays! ;) )
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    ATTENTION PEANUT BUTTER LOVERS

~~~ WE INTERRUPT THIS THREAD TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT MESSAGE ~~~

PeachyPlum's post in the discussion referenced below is a 'must see'... ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32012755#Comment_32012755

:)

prjw5l8s8py6.gif

Just_Ceci, in addition to PeachyPlum's comments, the image of that peanut-butter-lovin' canine, with his head stuck in that mongo-sized tub of peanut butter, has not only sparked my sporadically laughing out loud, when remembering such :smiley:, but has me wondering if the relevant peanut butter manufacturer's product packaging and marketing folks might ever consider placing that pic on their so-good-that-other-species-would-willingly-risk-getting-a-head-stuck-in-the-jar product ;), what with its making for a when-sitting-on-store-shelves product that'd be 'visually arresting', and quite attention-getting -- let alone, lending itself to some very interesting, comical, and likely 'unforgettable' advertising 'possibilities'... :)

(And especially if it's a 'generic' brand -- what better way to 'make your point' that you can 'hang with the big names'...?! ;) )
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    my husband is taking out on me the fact that hes not losing weight. He quit counting calories and quit exercise of any form other than going to work.

I have been supportive and making his meals for works and dinner. Its not my fault he chooses to buy fast food when im asleep or when he gets off work. no one is making him not exercise but hes being a prick about it.

i suggested if p90x is too much during the work week that maybe he should find another work out dvd to do that wont be too much during the week for him. i also asked him if there was anything he needed me to do to help him.

ugh

I hope you tell your husband to take the responsibility of him falling off the wagon. To suck it up and start again tomorrow :) also if you are trying to lose weight as well. I hope you keep it up and do not let him bring your positive thinking down
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel like I am so much "less than" marathon or race runners, I would rather walk or bike but I just want to want [/b] to want to run. They just seem so much more in control of their lives than me, mainly because you must have to be very disciplined to do things like that, and I'm apparently not like that at all. I grazed on pretzels most of today.

I don't think runners are necessarily more disciplined than anyone else. I like running so it isn't a chore. Resistance training on the other hand is for me, and I think I feel abotu weightlifters how you feel about runners. We always look at people different from us and see something good that they have that we don't, and overlook the good things about ourselves.

Anyway, I only started running initially cos I couldn't stop eating biscuits at work all day - not very disciplined at all!

I know running outside is completely different from running on the treadmill in the gym, but 2 weeks ago I took a week off strength training and did jogging on the treadmill and I gave up after 5 mins, not because I struggled, but because I got so bored. It was the same with the rowing machine and the static bike. I found the whole thing quite tedious and couldn't wait to get back to lifting weights.

Edit: However I am more than happy to swim up and down the swimming pool for an hour so I guess I just don't like the gym. lol
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My confession:
    I have a bad habit of eating foods I'm allergic to but then loading up on benadryl and keeping my inhaler and epipen close by.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I know running outside is completely different from running on the treadmill in the gym, but 2 weeks ago I took a week off strength training and did jogging on the treadmill and I gave up after 5 mins, not because I struggled, but because I got so bored. It was the same with the rowing machine and the static bike. I found the whole thing quite tedious and couldn't wait to get back to lifting weights.

Edit: However I am more than happy to swim up and down the swimming pool for an hour so I guess I just don't like the gym. lol

I can't stand weight lifting either. Seriously, even 10 minutes is a total drag for me. I don't know why. I confess I've been slacking about it because of it.. doing it once a week instead of 3. I'd much rather do an hour on the treadmill (can't run, but I walk at an incline) instead - the gym has solitaire now so I can play and listen to my music, time flies, lol.
    pokemonbb wrote: »
    I have a new filler that I eat at night... 2 cups of cauliflower (comes cleaned and cut up in a plastic bag at publix grocery store)
    MWO 3.5 minutes (in the bag) and mix with 2 TBSP shredded cheddar cheese.... Add a little garlic powder to season.
    If trying to skip having a real dinner (high calorie day) I add 2 tbsp of crumbled bacon...

I do the same thing but with salt and pepper and grated parmesan (sometimes I use broccoli too, or a mix of both). Never thought of crumbled bacon but I guess it's not something I have in the house anyway.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession: I finished out yesterday at 2,518 calories total. Not great, but not the worst I have done. Those Cadbury mini eggs add up reallly fast! Whoa!

Today is a new day. I will either go walking or work out at home, either or. I think come Saturday's weigh in I'll be ok. Here's hoping!

PS good morning my fellow confessioners! :sunglasses:
  • philreeduk
    philreeduk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So this past Saturday I met someone for coffee. This coffee ended up being several glasses of wine, several shots of jack daniels as well as Thai food! Although it was a rather huge blowout it was good as it is the first time I have had experience logging alcohol and understanding the calorific content. I shall be much careful going forward! :)
  • KCJinMd
    KCJinMd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sunday - I ate the entire can of Pringles - not in one sitting - but the entire can :/
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    shawnaes91 wrote: »

ugh

I hope you tell your husband to take the responsibility of him falling off the wagon. To suck it up and start again tomorrow :) also if you are trying to lose weight as well. I hope you keep it up and do not let him bring your positive thinking down

I did i told him i can help him but it has to be up to him to stick with eating right and exercising. Also I think part of his issue is he sees how well i'm doing and i think its making him insecure

Lately he shows up off work with my favorite fast food..which hes never done before. I had a talk with him that if he brings me back something it needs to be something light and small like a salad because I am really dedicated to what I'm doing.

He sulked after that. His insecurities are his issue. I wish I could make him feel better but hes got to want to lose.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I know mug cakes get a bad rap, but I think the one I make is so good.

Which recipe did you use?

I tried a recipe for a mug cake once on here & it tasted like a Chocolate scrambled egg.

Still not as bad as the Overnight Brownie Oatmeal.

I'm curious has anyone made that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from Chocolate Covered Katie's website? If so what did it taste like? I'm not against sugar products or anything just wondering how beans could taste like Cookie Dough?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Last night all I had for tea (I mean dinner/evening meal/whatever, I'm British) was a slice of cake. So good, don't even regret it as it was the same calories as a normal meal. And I was full afterwards.

I'm currently formulating my 'cake-based meal replacement diet'.
  • Francl27
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I know mug cakes get a bad rap, but I think the one I make is so good.

Which recipe did you use?

I tried a recipe for a mug cake once on here & it tasted like a Chocolate scrambled egg.

Still not as bad as the Overnight Brownie Oatmeal.

I'm curious has anyone made that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from Chocolate Covered Katie's website? If so what did it taste like? I'm not against sugar products or anything just wondering how beans could taste like Cookie Dough?

Is that the brownie batter overnight oatmeal? I've tried it and I laughed too... People who make those must not have had a brownie in a very long time if they think THAT tastes like one.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Last night all I had for tea (I mean dinner/evening meal/whatever, I'm British) was a slice of cake. So good, don't even regret it as it was the same calories as a normal meal. And I was full afterwards.

I've done that with cheesecake and it worked nicely, but it doesn't only work, depending on my hormones...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Yeah, for lots of people it's totally different. I find running outside enjoyable and relaxing, and I hate the treadmill. (I can only do the treadmill/rowing machine/elliptical if I do intervals and switch up speed and switch from machine to machine. The treadmill can be a way to push myself to run faster, but I certainly can't run longer distances on it.)

I don't think runners are necessarily disciplined either. I'm not, particularly. I just enjoy outdoor activities when the weather cooperates.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was reading a thread that someone was wondering if they should weigh fruit with the skin off/on, not wanting to count the weight of what they were not eating etc. I was so judging because who gives a @U!(
    So My Confession…. I always guess the weight of fruit. Sometimes I log Diameter for peaches, oranges, etc and inches for bananas but never measure. Now I am curious and must go weigh my orange.
    edited: for spelling. I can't spell I'm sure I still missed something. But I tried.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I really want in on your diet, if you include chocolate, sign me up :).

I have a treadmill at home, that I can see the TV from, and that makes it so much less boring for me (complete TV addict). Oh and I can't run, but quite fast walking with an incline and I'm happy.

• Francl27
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    I was reading a thread that someone was wondering if they should weigh fruit with the skin off/on, not wanting to count the weight of what they were not eating etc. I was so judging because who gives a @U!(
    So My Confession…. I always guess the weight of fruit. Sometimes I log Diameter for peaches, oranges, etc and inches for bananas but never measure. Now I am curious and must go weigh my orange.
    edited: for spelling. I can't spell I'm sure I still missed something. But I tried.

Once I started weighing I realized I was underestimating a lot actually... and that MFP's default entry was totally off. So my apples were 30% more calories than I thought. I wasn't too happy about it.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Sign me up for that. It could be called The Great British Baker Diet. :smiley: