Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This has to be the scariest bug I've ever seen while vacationing in WV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobsonfly

They're called Hellgrammites in the larvae stage & at that stage it's even scarier looking.

*adds to list of bugs that don't exist* I'll just stay up here in NY, thankyouverymuch.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    LOL this is showing up on my page again.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm not afraid of bugs. I'll kill them all for you. Bees, black widows, wasps, stink bugs (tons of those in Idaho.)

I woke up once with a black widow on my chest when I was a teenager. Brushed it off and stomped on it. I figure I can move quicker than them most of the time, and if I can't, I'll use something to gain advantage - swatter or bug killer spray.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Watermelon Oreo season is almost upon us. This delectable treat is found at Target stores, sorry Canada, even though you're half French, you didn't take to the French Superstore.

We didn't get half the merchandise found in the US Targets anyway, which is part of the reason the chain bombed here.

Fortunately I'll be in the US next week and my first stop will likely be a Target, lol. Primarily for white chocolate M&Ms but now I'll be checking the cookie aisle too. (I would have anyway, for exotic Pop Tart varieties, lol)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    LOL this is showing up on my page again.

I have banner ads in Spanish today. Absolutely sure I haven't done anything to cause that!

And I still say the cucumber is worse.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    No kidding. I haven't been surfing the web for ripped dudes with bananas.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    On the topic of bugs... I'm not exceptionally squeamish about bugs, but centipedes freak me the heck out. Many years ago, I was taking a shower at my parent's house (centipede central), and I thought there was a centipede on my leg. I thrashed around and fell out of the shower through the curtain.

Turns out, it was just a tangle of hair :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    When I was younger & my step dad first started to see my mom, a baby snake somehow got in their bed in our old apartment. I remember her telling us the next morning that he had felt something on his back & he flipped on the switch to find the baby snake in the bed. I don't think I would have been able to fall asleep ever again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Why did I read the Oreo thread? Now I just want to stab them all.

The posters or the oreos?

Watermelon Oreo season is almost upon us. This delectable treat is found at Target stores, sorry Canada, even though you're half French, you didn't take to the French Superstore.

After Watermelon Oreo season comes Candy Corn Oreo Season.

It's going to be a sweet summer and fall :)

Did you try the Cotton Candy Oreos? They tasted better than I thought they would. I saw Wal-Mart has the Cookie Dough Oreos exclusively, but they tasted more like coffee than Cookie Dough.

It's almost 10 & I've almost ate all of my calories already.

Had a White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bar, two string cheeses, Quaker Protein Cranberry Almond Oatmeal with Blue Diamond Coconut Almonds, a pack of Nonnis Thin Coconut Thins, two Quaker Chocolate Rice cakes with 0.5 servings of Sweet & Salty Peanuts & a half serving of each MaraNatha Maple Butter with Molasses & a half serving of White Chocolate wonderful. The last thing I ate was two servings of Dannon Plain yogurt with two tablespoons of Hershey's Unsweetened Powder, & a half serving of Imitation Butter Extract.

Wow! Hungry day? That's impressive by 10:00 a.m.

Damn period LOL.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    On the topic of bugs... I'm not exceptionally squeamish about bugs, but centipedes freak me the heck out. Many years ago, I was taking a shower at my parent's house (centipede central), and I thought there was a centipede on my leg. I thrashed around and fell out of the shower through the curtain.

Turns out, it was just a tangle of hair :(

That made me LOL.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    When I was younger & my step dad first started to see my mom, a baby snake somehow got in their bed in our old apartment. I remember her telling us the next morning that he had felt something on his back & he flipped on the switch to find the baby snake in the bed. I don't think I would have been able to fall asleep ever again.

:o

I think I'd have to move.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Some part of me feels that since I have cancer this dieting is all worthless and just making me unhappy.

I'm so sorry.
    81Katz wrote: »
    I really honestly feel bad for some of the question askers around here. Whoa, tough crowd.

I feel bad for some of them too, especially when it's someone that is new to the site. Some people just don't have the health/weight loss knowledge and are looking for real advice and people attack them...and then there are the idiots, so ya know.

Yeah. but my take on it is this. I did A LOT of reading on this site before I began contributing to the threads. I still haven't started a thread. People should learn the site, and the SEARCH FUNCTION, before posting about how they are going to do a cleanse for a jump start of their metabolism.

That's the golden rule on ALL message boards apparently... you shall not use the search function. Because clearly it's faster to wait for people to answer your thread than doing a search for the dozens of threads about cleanses or cheat days or Quest bars...
    ythannah wrote: »

We didn't get half the merchandise found in the US Targets anyway, which is part of the reason the chain bombed here.

Fortunately I'll be in the US next week and my first stop will likely be a Target, lol. Primarily for white chocolate M&Ms but now I'll be checking the cookie aisle too. (I would have anyway, for exotic Pop Tart varieties, lol)

I like the Cotton Candy oreos. My kids destroyed the box in less than a week. I only had 3. Sad. The white chocolate M&Ms are delicious though, but I only tried the egg ones around Easter, to be honest.
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Why did I read the Oreo thread? Now I just want to stab them all.

The posters or the oreos?

After Watermelon Oreo season comes Candy Corn Oreo Season.

It's going to be a sweet summer and fall :)

Don't forget Winter & the White Fudge Oreos *drools*

Did you try the Cotton Candy Oreos? They tasted better than I thought they would. I saw Wal-Mart has the Cookie Dough Oreos exclusively, but they tasted more like coffee than Cookie Dough.

It's almost 10 & I've have already ate most of my calories.

Had a White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bar, two string cheeses, Quaker Protein Cranberry Almond Oatmeal with Blue Diamond Coconut Almonds, a pack of Nonnis Thin Coconut Thins, two Quaker Chocolate Rice cakes with 0.5 servings of Sweet & Salty Peanuts & a half serving of each MaraNatha Maple Butter with Molasses & a half serving of White Chocolate wonderful. The last thing I ate was two servings of Dannon Plain yogurt with two tablespoons of Hershey's Unsweetened Powder, & a half serving of Imitation Butter Extract.

That was me last week, although I had more whole foods, but still. Damn PMS.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of this annoying plateau that won't piss off, I'm contemplating the many different "detoxes" to try and get things moving again. Teatox anyone? Lol
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a fabulous day, and a terrific cheeseburger AND my boyfriend surprised me at dinner (he was supposed to be across the country! Just showed up and squeezed my shoulder.. my family was in on it :o:) )

So, I got to log a bit of "exercise"... as "dancing", last night... twice... and this morning... ;) which helped with the planned overage of calories from yesterday...

AND he brought me a sack of HUGE California avocados! So happy!! Great birthday o:)

Also - pre-logged my anticipated vodka consumption for this evening... because this party don't stop. (Off tomorrow, and going to a concert to dance my pants off... wooOO!!!!)

(Consolidated posts haha)
  • HollandOats
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • HollandOats
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Reading the random threads on this site makes me feel like I am the only person who doesn't weigh everything they eat but still loses weight when I log. I'm terrified to weigh everything I eat cause I feel like I'll get obsessed

I don't weigh my food, I usually try to get very close to portions sizes by sight or counting small things, etc, but I do not have a scale. I have lost 66 lbs since August, so I'm ok with how I am doing it. I was formerly a baker and I am pretty good at eyeball measurements from all the experience I had with baking and measuring ingredients.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have also switched barcodes on products to pay a lower price.

Oh gawd, barcode switchers. This stuff is like fingernails down a blackboard. I hated barcode switchers. And then they'd get really aggressive when you busted them. Like dude, did you really think we wouldn't notice that the giant, $150 tree was only scanning up at $3.99?

You can't be that obvious with it- you are only asking to get caught. Once it was for a roasting pan. The label had fallen off so I grabbed the label for the smaller size and went through the self checkout.

Another time was for a bra. The bras were the same style and size but one was $5 more because it had more design and lace.

Then there was a time we bought an outdoor fire chimney. The bay where they were all kept was so disorganized and product was in the wrong spot. The one we wanted was $169 so we grabbed the $99 sticker off a different one and went through the regular checkout. Of course it came up at $169 but we argued with the clerk and the manager that the price was $99. The didn't believe us so we took the manager to the bay where they were located and explained that we had no idea what the right price was for which item because all the product was in the wrong spot and the sticker on the box said $99. We got it for $99.

This is supposed to be a non-judgemental thread, so I am just going to have to sit on my fingers about this one.

Let me put it another way to you: I have been the person you have treated like they were stupid. It's not nice, especially when I KNOW you're deliberately trying to rip us off.

I have to add, I have worked retail for 17+ years and do not understand why you are taking this personally......

Seriously. It's like THEY are stealing directly from HER. Buuut I am not judging so whatev.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I regained all 25kg I had lost - and then a few more. It only took me a year to gain it back. Now I am working on losing it again (7kg down, 24 to go)
    Ohh, I've done that too. Not quite as much (nearly 40lbs) but I gained it really, shockingly, upsettingly quickly.
    Good for us for getting back to it!

I gained about 45lb from June-March while travelling with work, basically everything I'd lost at the start of the year. Finally back losing again, about 7lb off.

I thought I was super strong on my first couple of sets of squats today. Then I realised the plates were in lbs not kg!!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Check their seasonal aisle as well, they're usually stocked there first at my local store.