Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: it's because of this thread that i bought and tried cookie butter for the first time in my life. it's like sunshine in a freakin jar!

what have i done? what have i done?!?!?!?

I bought the cookie butter ice cream at Trader Joe's yesterday. So delicious.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    BTW, there ia only one "E" in "judgment."

We got 357 pages into this thread without anyone having to point this out. We know there is only one E is judgment. And "is" is spelled I-S, not I-A. :/

Confession - It's Monday morning and I haven't had my coffee yet.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I find myself constantly thinking about calories. I pre-log a lot of my food. At breakfast I'll log what I'm eating and log for lunch since I know what I'll be packing to bring with me to work. It helps me see how many calories I can (or can't!) eat during the day, as sometimes I'll find a small snack.
    I also go to bed really early, and that helps with my late night snacking issue. How many 22 year olds so you know who go to bed at 8-8:30 every night?!

Um, not 22, but I put my kiddo to bed at 7:45 and head straight to bed. I usually read for an hour or so, but yeah, totally in bed by 8:00.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Eww to bacon wrapped Oreos. They look so nasty.

Totally agree. They look gross. Bacon does NOT go good with everything, contrary to popular belief.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    So I never actually posted a confession, though I've replied to some posts.

Friday the 17th is a holiday where I work, so the office is closed. I work in a CPA office and it's crunch time and here I am on MFP. Anyway, that's not even my confession. We get the Friday after tax season is over off work. Usually either my kids or my husband happen to have the day off too. This year - kids will be at school, hubby will be at work. Secretly I'm thrilled to have the whole day to myself. I can't tell you the last time I've had time to myself that didn't have to be used for errands or cleaning or laundry.

This is no secret for me! I purposely take days off that no one else had or has and I don't tell them ahead of time, either. I work hard for my days off, so they belong to ME! I volunteer to work extra during the Thanksgiving / Christmas holiday period so that others can take time off and then I take a 4-day weekend both in Jan. and Feb. every year. It's great!

Before she retired, my mil would take random days off and go to the movies or out to lunch. She called them "mental health days".

When I take those days off I always say I'm "taking a swim in Lake Me".
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm a 35 year old woman, and I LOVE The Vampire Diaries. There. I said it.

I'm a 35 year old woman, and I love "Pretty Little Liars", so no judgment here :)

No judgement here either. I regularly read YA novels. I feel a little weird buying them sometimes, but I just like them. Maggie Stiefvater is my favourite YA author.

I have a training session after work, no time to go home in between. I was still hungry after my normal snacks so I stopped and got a donut.

#NoRagrets. (But I'm not telling my trainer)

Our city recently built a new library with a designated teen area. Basically, they did it to keep teens from running rampant all over the library after school (it used to be a big problem), but I'm secretly annoyed because I look like such a creeper if I try to access my beloved YA novels. *shakes fist*

@Talkradio The thing I find most unbelievable about this post, is that there are teenagers that GO TO THE LIBRARY!!! Where are these mythical creatures?! I've never seen one in real life.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Thank you. I'll figure it all out eventually.

Storms from a distance are fascinating to me. Up close? No thank you. I live in an area where we get hail storms frequently in the summer. There's really nothing worse than getting your vehicle dinged to hell and then just driving it that way because 90% of the rest of the city is in the same boat. Then again, I'm unusually attached to my truck. Sometimes I like it better than people. Okay, most of the time I do.

I LOVE my car (seriously love...I've wanted that car since I was a teen). I live in an area where it hails a lot too. Last year was pretty bad. I'm the weirdo outside covering my car with sleeping bags (and anything else I can find) to protect my car during a hail storm. So far it has worked...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

I may have to try this. Purely because it just sounds fun.

While you're at it, try using a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon to eat ice cream with... I tried that once, to force myself to make the last partial scoops from a beloved flavor's container last as long as possible (instead, it merely tested my sanity (and I nearly failed said 'test' ;P )).

On a related note, it occurred to me that the dinky 1/4-teaspoon -sized measuring spoon I was using resembled more of a toy scoop-shovel that was better suited for hanging in the garage of a dollhouse, and (per the time it took for me to finish using said itty bitty piece of plastic, for the purpose of (glacially, as it turned out) removing barely visible 'samples' from the hard-as-a-rock ice cream (which was practically taunting me with its militantly-adhering-to-itself 'defiance' of that laughably small (and surprisingly flimsy) spoon)), the spoon would seem to have been errantly given a thumbs-up by quality control personnel, during the manufacturing process, what with said spoon having been labelled "1/4 teaspoon", but its capacity having been more like "2 or 3 molecules" (or so it would seem).

Anyway, highly recommended 'process' to engage in... ;)

I use the tiniest imaginable spoon to eat ALL of my desserts, so that I can properly savor them rather than just gulping them down (I've always done this, way before I ever started counting calories. I just love eeny weeny spoons!). The spoon I use is a metal spoon that's used for incense here in the Middle East--The bowl of this particular spoon is about the size of the fingernail on your index finger. ;)

Susieq_1994, I could never-in-a-million-years have predicted that anyone's similar ventures in the use of 'microscopic' utensils would one day 'beckon' my return to this realm of 'eating in miniature'... ;)

...but, alas, your intriguing comments regarding this devotedly-actioned practice of yours, in incessantly torturing yourself (I mean, savoring :) ) via such a requiring-meditative-calm -based use of itsy bitsy spoon-age -- let alone 'spoonfare' that is associated with a bowl the size of a fingernail on an index finger (insert my understandably-predictable gasp right about here ;) ) -- (and just to be clear, we're talking index finger of an adult human, correct (?), and not that of any other species, I presume (if the scale were to be any smaller than that, I fear that I'd require some form of 'training', in order to eat ;P ))...

And now I find various ingestion-related small-scale whatnot being paraded before my mind's 'eye', such that one would think I'd begun imagining the world existing as though it were straight out of Alice in Wonderland... but it's not so bad, I'm gradually realizing, given the fascinating ways in which eating, creative consumption, and preposterous preparation could otherwise be 'mined' (and could very well render "all things food" far more interesting and entertaining than they already are)... ;)

...of course, the day when I need an Electron Microscope in order to *find* my food, let alone eat it (not to mention 'etch' tiny messages to myself, using single atoms with and on which to 'draw' ;P (heck, I could perhaps 'showcase' the practically-guaranteed 'disasters' of communication at that level, as well, by using disturbingly-expensive optics to 'take pictures' of my 'near- sub-atomic food carving' 'projects', and submit them to (or otherwise create!) a site analogous to cakewrecks.com... and share in its mission...to put on display -- and for all the world to see -- just how many ways food-based design and 'messaging' can go wrong ;) )...

...yeah, when that kind of microscopy equipment ends up being in every home (and perhaps akin to how microwaves ended up taking a while before they 'gained traction', but were ultimately in widespread use), you can bet I'll have practiced diligently enough by then to all but 'turn pro', and take previously impractical (and seemingly mis-applied) 'expertise' (in the use of scientific lab -based equipment, and its subsequently being 're-purposed', for use in creatively miniaturizing edibles in the home, in public establishments, and for use in custom design -based confections and catering) 'to a new level'... ;P

(Am off to locate an eye-dropper, for use in (dribble-drop-)drinking 64oz of water... (it should only take a few hours (and will likely involve risk of developing a repetitive motion injury... but worry not -- I have special gloves I've designed just for this purpose ;P )) ;)

Yes, I meant an adult human fingernail ;) Even *I* draw the line at eating with a spoon the size of a baby's fingernail! How would I taste anything?

Ooh, do you follow Cake Wrecks?? I've read every single post faithfully since 2009! I love that site! ;)
  • JoJoTheModern
    JoJoTheModern Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am kind of a hypochondriac, which means that sometimes when I lose weight I can worry that it is "unexplained weight loss" even though I know very well that there's an explanation. >.<

A couple weekends ago I didn't have much of a cheat day, so over the following seven days I lost a pound and a half. (I walk a LOT.) This concerned me so much that I deliberately overate last weekend just to make sure that I could gain the weight back. (I did.)

Yay, I'm not ill. e.e Now to undo the damage....
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My dinner is going to be vodka.

That sounds like fun ;)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know how many of us in this thread are country western fans (guessing not many) but this thread reminds me of Toby Keith's I Love This Bar. (I am not secret agent orange or I would post a link) we have everything in here from students to teachers to stay at home mom or dads to ph.d's to professionals (not sure about the hookers but I am guessing not) and we are all here to share a common goal of getting fit and feeling like we belong. And no one cares about each other's issues we are just here to share. So in the words of Toby Keith I Love This Thread.

I love country music. When I was younger and into the bar scene, I would always go to the bars that played country just so I could line dance. I had so much fun! Sometimes when one of my fav line dance comes on when I am at my desk, my feet remember the steps and I pretend I am dancing. I have even caught myself in the gym, when no one is around, doing the Watermelon Crawl and the Tush Push when the songs come on in my playlist :)

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight in weeks.

Friday, I WI - the same number as always. Saturday, I proceeded to have chocolate chips and peanut butter for lunch and went out for Mexican for dinner (I ate all the chips. Plus mojitos).
    Yesterday, we ordered pizzas, and I ate more than I want to admit.

This morning, I couldn't help myself - I had to get on the scale to assess the damage. The scale says I gained 7 lbs in 2 days. Logically, I know that's not possible. That doesn't stop me from wanting to do something extreme to lose it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    My guy friends tease me and say I would make a great housewife. And honestly, I agree with them. I would totally be an amazing housewife.

I told my husband last night that he makes an excellent wife. I was seriously turned on by the fact that he sewed up a hole in a pillow for our couch. :blush:

• FroggyBug
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Sometimes I get stuck between movie quotes. Last year running through a college campus a student ran a stop sign and I found myself meeting her rear quarter panel with my hands and right thigh. The guys coming down the sidewalk said "WTF was that?" My response: "It is a flesh wound" and hopefully "she has fun storming the castle".

Is that Red Rocks in your avatar picture? I love that place. I'm going there in a couple weeks to see a band I don't really know much about. I just wanted to go see a concert (plus LASERS zomg! haha sorry but the laser shows are really fun) I hope the weather is okay.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I find myself constantly thinking about calories. I pre-log a lot of my food. At breakfast I'll log what I'm eating and log for lunch since I know what I'll be packing to bring with me to work. It helps me see how many calories I can (or can't!) eat during the day, as sometimes I'll find a small snack.
    I also go to bed really early, and that helps with my late night snacking issue. How many 22 year olds so you know who go to bed at 8-8:30 every night?!

Um, not 22, but I put my kiddo to bed at 7:45 and head straight to bed. I usually read for an hour or so, but yeah, totally in bed by 8:00.

Ever since we put a tv in our room, as soon as mine is off to bed, I'm in bed, watching tv, water bottle next to me, knitting spread out all over the bed. For the purpose of ignoring my phone, I count that as "already gone to bed."
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My scale needs new batteries and it's always such a huge pain to change them (it loses the internet connection and then won't give me the personalized weight and BF% without lots of struggle to reconnect) that I'm putting it off (also I can never remember to buy batteries for anything and things needing batteries is like a personal pet peeve--I also mean you, stupid mouse that drains batteries constantly). I have this fancy Withings scale that I hate because it gives me issues this way, but for some reason even though I don't believe the BF% number it drives me crazy not to see it.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm a 35 year old woman, and I LOVE The Vampire Diaries. There. I said it.

I'm a 35 year old woman, and I love "Pretty Little Liars", so no judgment here :)

No judgement here either. I regularly read YA novels. I feel a little weird buying them sometimes, but I just like them. Maggie Stiefvater is my favourite YA author.

I have a training session after work, no time to go home in between. I was still hungry after my normal snacks so I stopped and got a donut.

#NoRagrets. (But I'm not telling my trainer)

Our city recently built a new library with a designated teen area. Basically, they did it to keep teens from running rampant all over the library after school (it used to be a big problem), but I'm secretly annoyed because I look like such a creeper if I try to access my beloved YA novels. *shakes fist*

@Talkradio The thing I find most unbelievable about this post, is that there are teenagers that GO TO THE LIBRARY!!! Where are these mythical creatures?! I've never seen one in real life.

Ha! Our library is between the public middle school and private middle school. I think parents send their kids there as a safe after school hang out. They hang out at the library or the McDonald's across the street. Not sure how much reading actually ensues.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Awww...I'm glad that you all liked my Petunia. She's a peach.

That was when the Mists of Pandaria expansion first came out. I'm thinking it was about 2 1/2 years ago and pigs are full grown at 4 years so she's going to get a bit bigger. :)

Thanks for sharing some pictures. She is super cute!
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think I'm getting a bit of an addiction to exercise, especially calisthenics and barbell routines. I try to convince myself to take rest days so that my body can do the things it must, but I always end up working out on them too.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Lbuehrle8!

Thank you @marissafit06!

Happy Birthday late! I'm terribly behind on this thread, so I'll be scrambling to catch up today.