Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.

That is SO annoying! Just because you don't work outside the home does not mean you are the full time maid! How old are your kids? Sometimes the only way they learn is by consequences. Dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket? No clean clothes for you. Same thing for hubby.

Maybe not allow them to watch TV or play or whatever until they spend 10 min. each cleaning up clutter and putting thing away? IDK but I hope you find something that works!

They're 7, and twins. I don't let them watch tv or play games on their tablet until they clean up this or that... but it doesn't matter. They don't even care, they find something else to do, and more messes to make. It's a losing battle, honestly, and my husband doesn't really help, unless we're having guests over, thankfully, then he'll help them clean... like 3 hours before people come over. I seriously flip out every time. Last time I just left the house and went to the gym because I was just losing it.

We're cleaning this week end before doing anything...

I'm totally there with you! I have a 7 year old and 2 year old. My 7 year old was such a good helper when he was little and now I get an eye roll if I tell him to do something. And my husband isn't much help, if we are having people over and I'm freaking out, his attitude is 'nobody cares'. I care what the house looks like!!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    #1: I was craving a sweet treat and squeezed some chocolate sauce into my mouth from the bottle. Several times.
    #2: I bought a lot of chocolate at work for my 3 pm wall and ate 2 squares of my Lindt bar. I kept staring at it. Then I put it in the drawer. And then I kept opening my drawer and staring at it. Then I finally stapled it closed. Now I look at it and then go, oh yeah, can't have any!

BTW - the chocolate powder... I thought everyone did this!!

That is an amazing idea! I have to keep that in mind.

I remember on shark tank there was an inventor who created a box in various sizes with a timer and full locking mechanism so you could put stuff, (bad food you crave or a kids toy if there's a time out issue) and not be able to get to it for a certain time period
    Funny! Can't remember if anyone invested in that one!

See, I need tools like that in my life. It's the same with having a program on my computer that will temporarily shut down my internet connection so I can get college stuff done instead of being entertained by MFP posts. I just lack self control sometimes.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.

That is SO annoying! Just because you don't work outside the home does not mean you are the full time maid! How old are your kids? Sometimes the only way they learn is by consequences. Dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket? No clean clothes for you. Same thing for hubby.

Maybe not allow them to watch TV or play or whatever until they spend 10 min. each cleaning up clutter and putting thing away? IDK but I hope you find something that works!

They're 7, and twins. I don't let them watch tv or play games on their tablet until they clean up this or that... but it doesn't matter. They don't even care, they find something else to do, and more messes to make. It's a losing battle, honestly, and my husband doesn't really help, unless we're having guests over, thankfully, then he'll help them clean... like 3 hours before people come over. I seriously flip out every time. Last time I just left the house and went to the gym because I was just losing it.

Yep, that's the thing. Kids don't care about that type of thing. I sympathize because I remember those days. I had to learn to let a lot of things go because I wasn't going to do everything myself. You just do what you can to survive. Good for you for going to the gym last time! Honestly, my kids didn't care about cleaning and picking things up until they moved into their own homes. Sigh.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I'm totally there with you! I have a 7 year old and 2 year old. My 7 year old was such a good helper when he was little and now I get an eye roll if I tell him to do something. And my husband isn't much help, if we are having people over and I'm freaking out, his attitude is 'nobody cares'. I care what the house looks like!!

Oh my gosh yes. My husband is constantly telling me that "no one is judging you because our house is messy" - *I* am judging me. Being a SAHM has been really hard on me emotionally, I really envy moms who are just made for this. I feel like all I do is clean and correct my kids (which I logically know is not true...), so if my kids are acting a fool and my house is a mess what exactly have I done all day? As with many things, I judge myself much harder than others. I never think this about other parents.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Please don't say that cleaning up after people (mainly the DH) who are perfectly capapble of doing it themselves, even if you have to remind them is your job. I would not say that. I work full time and have the same issues. I swear I am the only person that knows how and is willing to put things away. I would truly go crazy if I didn't just let it go. It still drives me to distraction most of the time and I run through the house like a tornado, only I am putting things away instead of throwing them everywhere!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Yep, that's the thing. Kids don't care about that type of thing. I sympathize because I remember those days. I had to learn to let a lot of things go because I wasn't going to do everything myself. You just do what you can to survive. Good for you for going to the gym last time! Honestly, my kids didn't care about cleaning and picking things up until they moved into their own homes. Sigh.

I was a single, working mother. I picked my battles. There came a point where I just left the door closed to their bedrooms and didn't care what it looked like in there. Laundry - I'll do it if it's in the hamper. If not, you're out of luck. At 7, my kids were better than they were as they got older, which is good because a 7 year old would just wear dirty clothes if that was the case. Ugh.

When they were little, the "We can't do xyz until you clean your room/bathroom/etc" worked really well. When they got older, it was less effective unless xyz = go shopping for something you want.
  • kellienw335
    Options

Oh my gosh yes. My husband is constantly telling me that "no one is judging you because our house is messy" - *I* am judging me. Being a SAHM has been really hard on me emotionally, I really envy moms who are just made for this. I feel like all I do is clean and correct my kids (which I logically know is not true...), so if my kids are acting a fool and my house is a mess what exactly have I done all day? As with many things, I judge myself much harder than others. I never think this about other parents.

Yes, Yes, Yes! I'm not a SAHM but the feelings are the same!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Oh gosh. Yuck. Yeah I wouldn't be so happy to walk outside after that either.

Confession - I'm hungry and my daughter has been screaming non stop since she came home and I don't think I'm making my goal today.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Bed and computer warfare (whichever is more irritating for them). If my husband goes on a long enough stretch of expecting maid service, I gather up all his stray crap from around the house and dump it on his computer desk and chair. For my son, it's in his bed, so he can't sleep until he deals with it. He also has a rule that if his room is not clean by bed Friday night, he's grounded from the time he gets up until it's clean, so if he does dump it all on the floor, it can't be for more than a few days.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.

I confess, all the Oreo thread makes me want to do is eat Oreos.

Yes, please. Reese's flavored ones.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

I'm sorry. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best. Make sure you take care of yourself too.
  • fsimms1971
    fsimms1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I rewear my gym clothes too, normally just the bra and pants. I change everything else :)
  • kellienw335
    Options

Oh my, I'm crying! My cube neighbor asked if I was ok.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

Okay, I'm very sorry, but I laughed when I read this! But really, I AM sorry you went through that. Oh gag. I would have had the same end result. Or very possibly I would have embarrassed my son right there at the park!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

I felt jealous when *I read the first post. I was all "wahhhh wish I had 4 bags of Oreo's"
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    BTW does DH mean Dear Husband?