Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just one little chicken thigh for me (ok, ok... skin on :X) was 145 g=356 calories!!! It barely felt like anything.

Now I'm wondering how accurate that is. If it turns out I actually ate less calories than that, it will make me very happy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just one little chicken thigh for me (ok, ok... skin on :X) was 145 g=356 calories!!! It barely felt like anything.

Now I'm wondering how accurate that is. If it turns out I actually ate less calories than that, it will make me very happy.

Cooked or raw? Typically entries don't include the bone though... so you can subtract the bone weight.

My confession is that I should have saved extra calories to make up for the last week (I've eaten 2700 calories over maintenance in the last 7 days) today but I didn't want to fall back into a 'restrict - binge' cycle and I really wanted ice cream, so I ended up eating all my calories even though I haven't been particularly hungry today.

I'm also relieved that there is no event/birthdays/Holidays for 6 weeks, so hopefully I can stay on track until then.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Cooked or raw? Typically entries don't include the bone though... so you can subtract the bone weight.
    Cooked. I did subtract the bone weight but now I'm wondering if I did something wrong with my calculations. Too late to check now, threw the bone out :( It was around 227g with the bone, though (unless my scale is just messed up).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well typically 2 drumsticks for me is about 230 calories, and I don't eat the skin, so maybe it's not that far off actually.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Hahaha, looks like I'm going to need to stick to chicken breasts :P
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    AshZie wrote: »
    I confess I felt like a horrible person yesterday because all of my family and friends live in Northern IL where the tornadoes hit and I didn't even know about it until a friend texted me while it was happening. When I pulled up a live map, the tornado was 3 miles from my family's house (which was hand-built by my grandpa and doesn't have a basement) so needless to say, I was freaking out. They were fine, thankfully. I couldn't imagine if something happened to them and I was completely oblivious :(

Glad everyone is ok! I'm from that area too!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

There's really not much difference between thigh and breast, it's the skin that's the killer and that's the same the whole chicken over.
  • FluffySandwich
    edited April 2015
    Options

There's really not much difference between thigh and breast, it's the skin that's the killer and that's the same the whole chicken over.
    Makes sense to me. Thighs are a lot cheaper than breasts so I'll still probably pick them up... and toss the skin out next time! My boyfriend tosses the skin out anyway because he hates the stuff... I always liked it :( ... But don't like it enough to want to keep it now!

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    In taking a few minutes for a brief break, before continuing on with an 'avalanche of busyness', I thought I'd pop online, to peek in 'here'... to see what, of the ever-evolving 'topics du jour', happens to be getting bandied about today (goodness knows I have several hours of catching up to do, when it comes to this thread, but will 'backtrack' some other time)...

(...and I find that any day's pending embarkation, on a quick (or otherwise will-take-my-sweet-time ;P ) read of this thread, seems to be accompanied by an unspoken-in-words-but-sensed-nonetheless 'silent' prelude of, "so... what's 'on the menu' for today...?" :) )

Well, you folks do *not* disappoint... :smiley:

I just stationary biked to Cupcake Wars!

The loves-so-many-things-about-language 'fan' in me is always tickled to stumble upon various utterances or downright-fun-to-behold 'character strings' which I've never before had the good fortune to cross paths with (and it can subsequently 'feel' as though I'm suddenly (albeit after-the-fact (if it ultimately makes any sense)) 'present at their birth'... or as though I've otherwise just experienced a 'moment' when I witnessed something unique emerge in the universe... and then 'take in' the few-seconds-of-reverberatory-wonder which seem to inevitably 'emanate' in its 'wake'). :)

"I just stationary biked to Cupcake Wars!" -- how flippin' *fun* was that to read (and then react to (and smile and/or laugh with funny-bone -tickled delight)) -- ?!!! :)

(I cannot be the only one to experience such a thing...)

It might sound silly, but those random moments when I'm treated to something unexpectedly entertaining, and which is being conveyed by another soul 'out there in the world', can make the world feel like a much smaller place, let alone one with a sudden burst of 'sunshine' lighting up 'life'... :)

But then to 'deliver' an 'encore' -- !
    I'm not even a big fan of cupcakes, but these ones just looked delicious. And, a bonus, they were space themed!

-- the sudden realization of, 'wait, there's *more*!', is almost too much 'happy' for me to take...! (okay, there really is no such thing as 'too much' when it comes to that, now is there...? :) )

I thank you all for bringing the 'you' to this here realm of often-lighthearted-and-humor-infused series-of-special-moments -peppered reality... :)
  • kellienw335
    edited April 2015
    Options
    trish56832 wrote: »
    @AgentOrangeJuice - You live in Dekalb? I thought you said Quad Cities awhile back...my memory is slipping! I'm originally from a little town near Dekalb, Oregon.

My confession I have a son in College in Dekalb and another in Iowa. I had to look up distance of Quad cities because I didn't consider that close to Dekalb. About 100 miles in between if anyone cares :) I am 65 miles from where tornado touched down :)

My mom and dad both graduated from NIU! And I don't consider the Quad Cities near Dekalb either. That's why I was confused by his post.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm in Canada and I've never heard of any of them either. But I don't have kids and my friends' kids are all adults now, so that may partially explain it.

Most of these are adult games,not kid games. My kid can just happen to play one of them.

There is a whole world of board games beyond monopoly and other dreck. Target has been carrying more of them lately too!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I know. Thank you Fluffy, I really appreciate your support. I am enjoying colouring in though :)

I get it! I love coloring with my kids! It's therapeutic!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Definitely stopped and bought a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked on the way home...digging into it as I type, yum!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I hate white chocolate and Oreos! The Oreos thing is weird because I just get freaked out when they get stuck in my teeth! Weird phobia about stuff getting stuck in my teeth and people seeing it and not telling me. BTW...I always tell people if they have stuff in their teeth or stuff on their face. It's common courtesy!

Totally unrelated: I love mayonnaise sandwiches!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Brushing your teeth after eating Oreos is just the worst. :s
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am a short woman with medical problems. I confess that I sometimes get jealous when I read the amount of calories some people can eat while dieting. I have issues sometimes getting proper nutrition on my calorie allotment, which means I really have to plan for any extras I have.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm in Canada and I've never heard of any of them either. But I don't have kids and my friends' kids are all adults now, so that may partially explain it.

Most of these are adult games,not kid games. My kid can just happen to play one of them.

There is a whole world of board games beyond monopoly and other dreck. Target has been carrying more of them lately too!

I'm surprised (but pleased!) that they're still developing board games for an adult market. Thought the computer gaming industry would have killed that dead, good to know it's still thriving.

The last time I played an interactive game was a murder mystery thing at a professional dinner years ago. Other than that, just Candy Crush on my phone, lol.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I am a short woman with medical problems. I confess that I sometimes get jealous when I read the amount of calories some people can eat while dieting. I have issues sometimes getting proper nutrition on my calorie allotment, which means I really have to plan for any extras I have.

I agree Kalici! I am jealous often!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

Same here. I am only 5'0". My losing calories is 1,200 and my maintenance is only 1,500 (TDEE; if I input exercise 5 times per week, it is 1,800). :( I get so jealous of taller people who get to eat more.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »

I agree Kalici! I am jealous often!
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Same here. I am only 5'0". My losing calories is 1,200 and my maintenance is only 1,500 (TDEE; if I input exercise 5 times per week, it is 1,800). :( I get so jealous of taller people who get to eat more.

I am 5'0" as well. Short jealous people unite!