Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

My favorite 'chore' when I was little was sweeping the patio. When my older half sister called CPS on my mom and tried to tell the CPS officer that she was abusive and 'forcing' us to do 'unnecessary labor' and she used my cute little self in nothing but a diaper, sweeping the patio, as an example, the agent laughed. I was 3 and my half sister was 13.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    My co-worker in the next cube is sick...she has been coughing up a lung for 2 days. I told her "You shouldn't be here, go home!" but she just shrugged. Why do some people insist on coming to work & pumping out the germs???

(I don't want to be rude, but sorry, she's one of these quite large unhealthy people that will end up being sick for a month.)

Maybe I'll turn it into a positive & call in sick on Monday and blame it on her! (Assuming I don't, you know, ACTUALLY GET SICK)

There's a guy at my gym that is there the same time I am every day and he runs on the treadmill. For the past two weeks he's been doing the same thing: sounds like he's trying to cough up a lung. On the treadmill. Not very smart.

This time of year, if I saw that, I would assume it's allergies. Whenever the freakin' cottonwood trees start blooming, I'm a mess. Not sick, but you would think I was. Coughing and sneezing...

I can NOT stop thinking about this in allergy season.

k9ra8u0bfdai.jpg

Exactly mine and my daughter's thoughts right now. (Well, mostly mine, since my almost 3 year old doesn't understand all that...)

On a completely unrelated topic, I got way too excited yesterday when I found the library at school actually had Frozen on the shelf. Librarian said lots of parents there rent kid's movies as "babysitters" so they can study or do homework, so they keep a supply. Let's just say, Frozen has been on constant loop all morning and I've been able to actually study uninterrupted. Bad mommy....lol

Well, there are worse babysitters... On that note, I could probably still quote "The Lion King" from beginning to end with or without the movie... We actually wore out the VHS and I bought it again. My daughter and I went and saw it in the theatre a couple years ago when it came to IMAX in 3-D. Still knew all the words...

Love "The Lion King" lol! At one time, I could quote nearly every line from "Cinderella", god I love that movie. Oh, "Bambi" too!
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am struggling with this myself over my horse. While that may not seem as sad and traumatic as a human this guy is the love of my life.

I'm so sorry. To me, animals are family so I understand. My senior dog passed suddenly almost 2 years ago and I was absolutely devastated. I still miss the grumpy old guy all the time. <3
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    @81Katz But I bet they get toys and things to occupy their time just like children.

Lord knows I am getting overtime monies and it will take ALL my willpower to buy ONLY ferret food/supplements and to NOT TOUCH the tubes, mini ball pits, hammocks, and other ferrety enrichment items on my trip to the store...

Hahaha! Love that!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    It's a very weird morning up here. Woke up to a snowstorm and a completely different government after over 40 years of the same party in power. Strange days, people.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    These last few days of being sad have been pretty revealing about my unhealthy relationship with food... I just want to eat until I don't feel anything but full. The lifelong habit of medicating with food is lurking around me. I didn't log the last couple of days, and I know I probably ate over maintenance, but I'm happy that I managed to avoid sitting on the couch and eating bags (plural...) of chips and cookies.

Back on track today. Even if everything else is haywire, I am going to be kind to myself and not eat until I feel sick.

This is something I am currently going through myself. My MIL is very ill and it looks like they may not be able to do anything for her. I am close to her as I lost my own mom when I was 26. So I am somewhat self medicating with food and trying to stop myself from doing that at the same time. I didn't log at all yesterday, but I am trying to do better today and deal with the emotions another.

I am struggling with this myself over my horse. While that may not seem as sad and traumatic as a human this guy is the love of my life. I am just grateful I can spend some quality time with him in the last few weeks of his life. I am grazing him right now. But when I leave I will want to eat and drink to fill the sad places. Some days I resist. And some I don't then have that guilt and disgust with myself to deal with too. But I think we have to forgive ourselves and just keep moving forward. I do believe in the phrase that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Thanks @pofoster21, I understand how you feel about your big guy. I recently lost my youngest mastiff too. He was five years old. Our babies in their own way.

I tear up just thinking that my cat turned 14 and probably doesn't have many years left. She's a pain in the butt but she's been with me since my divorce, and moved to the US with me. I've known her longer than my husband! And she's totally MY cat, always following me, waiting for me to go to bed etc. So yeah, I totally get it.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

1. I have no idea what we'll be served for lunch so I can't log it accurately.
    2. I won't be able to be on here at all.
    3. Since I do my HIIT at my office, I'll be missing tomorrow's workout.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)

Cute Avatar

Thanks! It is pretty much my personality. I DON'T SHARE CAKE!

Except with me, cuz we're zombie killin' partners... :D

I feel the need for a real confession today. - I used to shoplift in high school. A LOT. I had a shoplifting partner and we would go together and keep an eye out for the other. I lifted everything, bikinis, movies (VHS, that's how old I am), clothes, makeup, purses, whatever. We got chased out of the mall by security once. We ran through the back hallways where the public isn't supposed to go and exited out some little side door. I never got caught. My partner did, later, after she moved to another state and got put in jail and charged with a felony. - Irony...I've been a cop for over 18 years now. But I can spot a shoplifter in a heartbeat LOL

Ok this is totally awesome. Living proof that people change!
    Kalici wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Today I had some delicious Ben & Jerry's ice cream after stopping in a bookstore. I didn't find the book I was looking for (Ancillary Sword), so I ended up going home and placing an online order for three books. Can't wait to check em out!

ALSO, a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! All of my grades have come in, except for one I was never worried about, and I am officially graduating University!! Now I can hopefully get my butt in gear and focus more on this! So relieved.

Congrats!!!
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I am such a wuss with hot foods/drinks so sometimes if I want to drink my tea sooner I will add in an ice cube or two. Otherwise I have to wait like 15 minutes to be able to sip it.
    I love my coffee (tea, too, but to a lesser extent) to be piping hot. The second it cools down, gets lukewarm, it almost disgusts me. I can't bring myself to finish it sometimes. At least the kcups I use. The thing is, I like iced coffee a lot.

I love hot food. But now it's sounding a lot less appetizing in the summery heat we've been getting.

I have a very sensitive mouth. Just last week I had strips of skin falling off because I burned it yet again with a piece of pizza... I often just end up dropping an ice cube in my coffee when I order some somewhere, lol.

Stressful morning today and I just gave up on making the kids school lunches. Got my husband to do it. So sick of never knowing what to make for my daughter and I know she won't eat it anyway. Gosh.

And I have absolutely no idea what *I* want for lunch, so I guess I'm a bit of an hypocrite.

Holy crap, I hope your mouth is okay now.

You'd be surprised how fast mouth wounds heal. I'm used to it by now. I always burn it...

Oh, wow - she's truly your life companion! I'd be in the same boat you are: always worried, but know it will happen sooner or later. You've given her quite a life though!

I raised my baby (a cat) from the time I found her starving and abandoned at around 4 weeks old at a nursery I was working at. She was so small that I could hold her in the palm of my hand and she wouldn't dangle off of either side of my hand.

She thought I was her mother and HATES everyone else--She'll claw and bite and scratch everyone except me. I can pretty much get away with anything with her. Fast forward three years later, when I was getting married and moving to another country...

...I paid around 3000 U.S. dollars to bring her from Oman (my birth country) to Saudi Arabia. After paying the huge amount and bringing her, we found out that my husband is horribly allergic to cats. He almost literally becomes comatose around them--he can't function at all from the crazy-bad reaction he gets. I cried so much about having to give her up for adoption at that point--and instead of agreeing to giving her up for adoption, he offered to let me pay ANOTHER 2000+ USD just so I could send her back to my sister, so I wouldn't have to give her up.

In other news, I have a seriously awesome husband. ;) I still miss my baby, though. :'(

I would have sent the husband home. :)

Yeah, my daughter has said that if she ever meets a guy who is allergic to her beloved Snowball (kitty), that would be a deal breaker. LOL

I have 3 cats and a dog. They were part of the package. But, I'm not as attached as most of my friends. I went through a TON of cats and dogs as a kid, raised on a farm. They lived, they died, I was sad, but not all that emotional...
  • SuperSonique1
    SuperSonique1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    #1: I was craving a sweet treat and squeezed some chocolate sauce into my mouth from the bottle. Several times.
    #2: I bought a lot of chocolate at work for my 3 pm wall and ate 2 squares of my Lindt bar. I kept staring at it. Then I put it in the drawer. And then I kept opening my drawer and staring at it. Then I finally stapled it closed. Now I look at it and then go, oh yeah, can't have any!

BTW - the chocolate powder... I thought everyone did this!!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I finally bought the Sam's Choice Coffee and Donuts ice cream yesterday and even though I had no calories left, I ate a serving. I regret nothing. Who was it that brought that up? Quiksylver? You're terrible. LOL

The glaze is the best part:D.

...just reading the words "donuts" and "the glaze" is sparking a flashback to this weekend, while with family, when I was offered the last 3 glazed donuts from a recently acquired dozen... the box containing such was presented to me 'out of nowhere' (it was like a 'stealth attack' ;) )... and under previously-normal circumstances, an impromptu presentation of glazed donut wondrousness would have been 'received' as some sort of 'gift from the gods'... ;)

...however... and despite being hungry, and not having access to any healthy food at the time (we were all attending a child's sporting event)... and despite my practically 'taste-hallucinating' what those beloved freakin' donuts would treat my tastebuds to... I somehow found the strength to not partake of even one 'torn' piece of one of those dastardly donut delights... and after hearing the words, "no, thanks..." come out of my mouth, I summarily found myself pondering just what words in the English language could come close to 'putting a name to' the defies-description feeling that I found myself experiencing, as those 3 beloved 'glazed circular bits of heaven' were carried away from me...

(...that moment needed some sort of 'theme music', I swear... (whatever music would be used to accompany a scene in which two former lovers must painfully say, 'not this time', would seem to 'do'... :p))

I propose "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston (like in The Bodyguard)

LMAO :)

(...and how about "Reunited", by Peaches & Herb, for when I *do* indulge... ;) )

I've taken the liberty to grab a copy of the lyrics, and have made only a few substitutions to this highly apropos duet... ;)

(Oh, and as luck would have it, the first comment associated with one of the you-know-who-tube videos is the following: "The only singing group sanctioned by the Food & Drug Administration, and The Department of Agriculture" -- ! -- indeed! :p )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ME
    I was a fool to ever leave your side
    Me minus you is such an unsweet ride
    The breakup we had has made me lonesome and sad
    I realize I love you 'cause I... want you bad, hey, hey

DONUT
    I spent the ev'ning with the radio
    Regret the moment that you let me go
    Our parting was such a way of learnin' so much
    I know now that I love you 'cause I... need your touch, hey, hey

Reunited and it tastes so good
    Reunited 'cause we understood
    There's one perfect fit
    And, sugar (!), this one is it
    We both are so excited 'cause we're... reunited, hey, hey

DONUT
    I sat here starin' at the same old wall
    Came back to life just when I got your call
    I wished I could climb right through the telephone line
    And give you what you want so you will... still be mine, hey, hey

ME
    I can't go cheatin', honey, I can't play
    I found it very hard to stay away
    As we reminisce on precious moments like this
    I'm glad we're back together 'cause I... missed your bliss, hey, hey

There's one perfect fit
    And, *sugar*, this one is it

Yeah, yeah, yeah
    Glaze-yyyyyyy

ME
    Oh, glazed donut, this is solid love
    And you're exactly what I'm dreamin' of
    All through the day
    And all through the night
    BOTH: I'll give you all the love I have with... all my might, hey, hey

There's one perfect fit
    And, sugar, this one is it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

;)

But for now... during our 'time apart' ;)... the following could perhaps serve as a kind of anthem-ic 'theme song' -- "Secret Lovers", by Atlantic Starr... :)

Oh, and here are the lyrics -- with only one word changed --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lyrics

Here we are, just the two of us together
    Takin' this crazy chance to be all alone
    We both know that we should not be together
    'Cause if we're found out, it could mess up
    Both our happy homes

I hate to think about us all meetin' up together
    'Cause as soon as I look at you it will show on my face, yeah
    Then they'll know that we've been loving each other
    We can't let 'em know, no, no, no
    We can't leave a trace

Secret lovers, yeah, that's what we are
    We shouldn't be together
    But we can't let go, no, no
    'Cause we love each other so
    Ooh…ooh…

Sittin' at home, I do nothin' all day
    But I think about you and hope that you're okay
    Hopin' you'll call before anyone gets home
    I wait anxiously alone by the phone

How could something so wrong be so right
    I wish we didn't have to keep our love out of sight, yeah
    Livin' two lives just ain't easy at all
    But we gotta hang on in there or fall

Secret lovers, yeah, that's what we are
    Tryin' so hard to hide the way we feel
    'Cause we both belong to someone else
    But we can't let go
    'Cause what we feel is, oh, so real
    So real, so real

You and me, are we fair
    Is this cruel or do we care
    Can they tell what's in our minds
    Maybe they've had secret loves all of the time

In the middle of tastin' love we notice the time
    We both get nervous 'cause it's way after nine
    Even though we hate it, we know it's time that we go
    We gotta be careful so that no one will know

So real, so real
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LMAO :p
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    #1: I was craving a sweet treat and squeezed some chocolate sauce into my mouth from the bottle. Several times.
    #2: I bought a lot of chocolate at work for my 3 pm wall and ate 2 squares of my Lindt bar. I kept staring at it. Then I put it in the drawer. And then I kept opening my drawer and staring at it. Then I finally stapled it closed. Now I look at it and then go, oh yeah, can't have any!

BTW - the chocolate powder... I thought everyone did this!!

That is an amazing idea! I have to keep that in mind.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hit the 35lb pound loss mark today and I am thinking about celebrating with nachos and cheese!

Great job! Not to be all preachy, but maybe celebrate with something non-food related, too? I mean, enjoy your nachos for sure. Just add in something else so that your mind starts to relate health and weight loss to other good things, too. JMHO.

I absolutely hear what you are saying :) Maybe a long hot bubble bath or a new book!!

OOH! I do a bubble bath after I have worked a 16 hour shift and STILL got my workout in. Best reward ever! :grin:

I planned to do a really good workout today and then soak in the tub with some wine and a lush bath bomb. TOM is hitting me so hard that I will only do the bath and wine part though.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    sytar7 wrote: »
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Girl Scout Cookies? I'm guessing a fund raiser like our "Bob A Job"?

qqvkqz669pqy.png

The thin mints are the best! I was going to buy some from a woman I go to pole class with, but she stopped coming to class. I guess that's a good thing, b/c I can do some damage with those things!

Give me your address...I'll mail you some...*evil cackle*

I have 2 cases of thin mints in my bedroom closet. I ordered them when I thought they were going to be vegan, but we got last year's leftovers. I haven't decided whether to sell them or just dole them out to the kids for lunch snacks.

According to my info they are vegan...or were last year's leftovers not?

My daughter is selling them and that has been the big question--did they change the recipe or have Thin Mints always been vegan?

No, it's a new recipe. Last year's cookies have whey in them.

I love your avatar.

It is actually more complicated than that... It depends on where you live and who your GS get their cookies from. If you get them from ABC company then they have been vegan for a while. If you get cookies from the Little Brownie Bakers the recipe is new this year. This is very upsetting because I don't like the ABC company thin mints and I found a GS in a different district to buy from and now this!

I'm now realizing I take thin mints too seriously :/

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)

Cute Avatar

I feel the need for a real confession today. - I used to shoplift in high school. A LOT. I had a shoplifting partner and we would go together and keep an eye out for the other. I lifted everything, bikinis, movies (VHS, that's how old I am), clothes, makeup, purses, whatever. We got chased out of the mall by security once. We ran through the back hallways where the public isn't supposed to go and exited out some little side door. I never got caught. My partner did, later, after she moved to another state and got put in jail and charged with a felony. - Irony...I've been a cop for over 18 years now. But I can spot a shoplifter in a heartbeat LOL

So, your past wrong doings have benefited society! It's like paying back karma!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    My co-worker in the next cube is sick...she has been coughing up a lung for 2 days. I told her "You shouldn't be here, go home!" but she just shrugged. Why do some people insist on coming to work & pumping out the germs???

(I don't want to be rude, but sorry, she's one of these quite large unhealthy people that will end up being sick for a month.)

Maybe I'll turn it into a positive & call in sick on Monday and blame it on her! (Assuming I don't, you know, ACTUALLY GET SICK)

There's a guy at my gym that is there the same time I am every day and he runs on the treadmill. For the past two weeks he's been doing the same thing: sounds like he's trying to cough up a lung. On the treadmill. Not very smart.

This time of year, if I saw that, I would assume it's allergies. Whenever the freakin' cottonwood trees start blooming, I'm a mess. Not sick, but you would think I was. Coughing and sneezing...

I can NOT stop thinking about this in allergy season.

k9ra8u0bfdai.jpg

Exactly mine and my daughter's thoughts right now. (Well, mostly mine, since my almost 3 year old doesn't understand all that...)

On a completely unrelated topic, I got way too excited yesterday when I found the library at school actually had Frozen on the shelf. Librarian said lots of parents there rent kid's movies as "babysitters" so they can study or do homework, so they keep a supply. Let's just say, Frozen has been on constant loop all morning and I've been able to actually study uninterrupted. Bad mommy....lol

Well, there are worse babysitters... On that note, I could probably still quote "The Lion King" from beginning to end with or without the movie... We actually wore out the VHS and I bought it again. My daughter and I went and saw it in the theatre a couple years ago when it came to IMAX in 3-D. Still knew all the words...

I can quote The Lion King too! But the DVD I have is a new version that has an added song. "The Morning Report" I will still quote in my head when Zazu says, "I told the elephants to forget it but they can't, Cheetahs never prosper, etc". You can play it the original way without the added song but you have to get into settings and all that and I usually don't bother. My 2 year old doesn't know the difference.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Cute Avatar

...casual conversation overheard at the precinct...

So, quiksylver296... you have an astonishing ability to spot shoplifters... to what do you attribute that special skill...?

Just lucky, I guess...

Well, no... I beg to differ... suspicions you've had regarding such for over 18 years now have been 'spot on' -- that's more than luck... what gives? -- what's your 'secret'? -- did you have some sort of 'special training' -- ?

In a manner of speaking...

Seriously! -- What's the scoop?!

I am... The Shoplifting Whisperer... I don't wear a cape or anything, or change in a phone booth, but... I can spot a shoplifter 'a mile away'...

;)

On a serious note... akin to hackers making cybersecurity consultants (and security 'sentries') with specialized (and highly useful, difficult-to-'replicate') experience-based expertise... I would consider this to be a form of difficult-to-develop-a-true-'feel'-for -type of experience that has been 'repurposed' in a positive and useful way... all in all, being a police officer would seem to represent one of the best uses of such experience, period.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

Bahaha I'm with you @asflatasapancake , they really make my day!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Can't wait for my kids to be old enough for that.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.