Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Can't wait for my kids to be old enough for that.

The day my son was old enough to walk the dog independently was the happiest day of my life. When he's old enough to use the tractor and mow the lawn I may throw a party.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been writing a short story on an amateur writing site (called Wattpad) for the last few weeks, and I'm currently feeling an unholy amount of evil glee as my fans sob in heartbreak in the comment section over a major character that I just killed off. I'm so mean. o:)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Follow up confession: I've probably eaten 5000 calories today. And I didn't log it, either.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Follow up confession: I've probably eaten 5000 calories today. And I didn't log it, either.

That was me yesterday...and the day before...but the day before that I did REALLY well! :grin:
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

My son is four and it's already his job to take our plates to the cupboard after we are done eating and he also has to help me put his clothes away when we are doing laundry. He does the socks and underwear because that's the drawer he can reach :)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

@asflatasapancake, if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    And back on the subject of errant texts, my youngest son's girlfriend was apparently texting her Dairy Queen order to my son. Instead it just popped up on my phone: "medium brownie bladder blizzard". Erm, a bladder blizzard??? Think I'll pass! Too funny. Of course, she meant brownie batter blizzard.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

That was me yesterday...and the day before...but the day before that I did REALLY well! :grin:

Sounds a bit like me this week. 3000 calories on Monday, did really great and made up for most of the damage yesterday, then killed my deficit for the rest of the week today. -_- I really need to get my behind in gear somehow, but I just can't seem to do it! :(
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I thought I was the only person who did this! I can down a 16 oz. coffee in under 5 minutes...it is the fastest way to get the caffeine in, without actually injecting it!

I got tired of the whole coffee thing. Felt like it was more work than it was worth and I don't like it hot so I would drink 2, 3, 4 day old coffee. I started taking half a 5 Hour Energy in the morning and half in the afternoon and it works much better for me.

That stuff destorys my stomach. I'm sick all day if I start with that. :(
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    #1: I was craving a sweet treat and squeezed some chocolate sauce into my mouth from the bottle. Several times.
    #2: I bought a lot of chocolate at work for my 3 pm wall and ate 2 squares of my Lindt bar. I kept staring at it. Then I put it in the drawer. And then I kept opening my drawer and staring at it. Then I finally stapled it closed. Now I look at it and then go, oh yeah, can't have any!

BTW - the chocolate powder... I thought everyone did this!!

That is an amazing idea! I have to keep that in mind.

I remember on shark tank there was an inventor who created a box in various sizes with a timer and full locking mechanism so you could put stuff, (bad food you crave or a kids toy if there's a time out issue) and not be able to get to it for a certain time period
    Funny! Can't remember if anyone invested in that one!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    It's a very weird morning up here. Woke up to a snowstorm and a completely different government after over 40 years of the same party in power. Strange days, people.
    Weird, huh?! (Although I'm pleased because I voted for the new lot)

I've been out of the loop on this thread, but commiserations and sympathy to those going through hard times with family or beloved pets, plus those who had crappy parents. Congratulations to those with good news re jobs/studies/babies etc!
  • BZAH10
    Options

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.

That is SO annoying! Just because you don't work outside the home does not mean you are the full time maid! How old are your kids? Sometimes the only way they learn is by consequences. Dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket? No clean clothes for you. Same thing for hubby.

Maybe not allow them to watch TV or play or whatever until they spend 10 min. each cleaning up clutter and putting thing away? IDK but I hope you find something that works!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

At first I had to sit in there and watch them do it to make sure they were actually putting them away, and I still do that for my 4 year old, but now they do pretty well. They also know that If I find crap on the floor, I will make them do it again. I feel like that often about other things though. I did an experiment once - someone had put a lot of toothpaste all over one of the bathroom counters, and I left it there to see how long everyone would ignore it and wait for me to clean it. It was there for 4 days before I caved. They all got an earful on that one.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My sister's kids are old enough to start helping around the house but she doesn't want them picking up anything that isn't there mess. She will tell people off it her kids come home and tell her they had to help put away groceries.

It's a big reason I don't offer to watch them or take them out more often. If I'm expected spend money on their food and a toy, you damn well better expect that I ask them to help around the house.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

Defintely tried to watch it just to see what all the hoopla was...fell asleep in the first 15 minutes. Whoops.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Double post.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

That is SO annoying! Just because you don't work outside the home does not mean you are the full time maid! How old are your kids? Sometimes the only way they learn is by consequences. Dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket? No clean clothes for you. Same thing for hubby.

Maybe not allow them to watch TV or play or whatever until they spend 10 min. each cleaning up clutter and putting thing away? IDK but I hope you find something that works!

They're 7, and twins. I don't let them watch tv or play games on their tablet until they clean up this or that... but it doesn't matter. They don't even care, they find something else to do, and more messes to make. It's a losing battle, honestly, and my husband doesn't really help, unless we're having guests over, thankfully, then he'll help them clean... like 3 hours before people come over. I seriously flip out every time. Last time I just left the house and went to the gym because I was just losing it.

We're cleaning this week end before doing anything...
  • leah4590
    leah4590 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Confession time: I've had three days of not as restricted calorie counting as I'm used to. There's part of me that could just fall back into old ways quite easily (especially as I fear a gain on the scales this week) but there's an even bigger part of me that's going to wake up tomorrow and get back on that dieting horse.

It's been too easy to fall off the horse, which frightens me, because my appetite is still the same as it ever was. But it's up to me to control it. I'm winning at this weight loss thing, and people are noticing the difference and I want to continue. I just need to actually CONTINUE and get back on track.

I've got this. What's three bad days and a negative weigh in, considering I've had all losses up to now? I'll just do what I can this week to stop the bleeding and make next week amazing!!!!

(FWIW my three days off have been freaking awesome, especially as each day included birthday cake)