Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

I may have to try this. Purely because it just sounds fun.

While you're at it, try using a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon to eat ice cream with... I tried that once, to force myself to make the last partial scoops from a beloved flavor's container last as long as possible (instead, it merely tested my sanity (and I nearly failed said 'test' ;P )).

On a related note, it occurred to me that the dinky 1/4-teaspoon -sized measuring spoon I was using resembled more of a toy scoop-shovel that was better suited for hanging in the garage of a dollhouse, and (per the time it took for me to finish using said itty bitty piece of plastic, for the purpose of (glacially, as it turned out) removing barely visible 'samples' from the hard-as-a-rock ice cream (which was practically taunting me with its militantly-adhering-to-itself 'defiance' of that laughably small (and surprisingly flimsy) spoon)), the spoon would seem to have been errantly given a thumbs-up by quality control personnel, during the manufacturing process, what with said spoon having been labelled "1/4 teaspoon", but its capacity having been more like "2 or 3 molecules" (or so it would seem).

Anyway, highly recommended 'process' to engage in... ;)

I use the tiniest imaginable spoon to eat ALL of my desserts, so that I can properly savor them rather than just gulping them down (I've always done this, way before I ever started counting calories. I just love eeny weeny spoons!). The spoon I use is a metal spoon that's used for incense here in the Middle East--The bowl of this particular spoon is about the size of the fingernail on your index finger. ;)
  • kyliejean292
    kyliejean292 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My confessions:

I bake cookies at night after my kids go to bed so I don't have to share.

I got skinny cow variety chocolate bars from costco (there are 32 bars) and ate them all in like 3 days. But to be fair I had just gotten my first period in a year...hormones be crazy

I have no self control when it comes to food. I just can't eat a couple. It usually turns into the whole box/bag

I used to eat my kids leftovers and not log them. So when I realized how many extra calories it was I started giving them to the dog. Now he is overweight and on a diet. He steals food from the trash...
  • vegaschick82
    vegaschick82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The thought of eating up all my calories scares me :s
  • peppa_pig_nz
    Options
    Janevien67 wrote: »
    I had an awful binge week (yes, a week).. And what is worse is that I also had a binge week in the beginning of March. I lost some weight a couple of months ago but then gained most of it back (about 5 kilos). I know I've gained some due to those binge weeks as well and I hope I can manage and get back to my healthy eating and shed those extra kilos I've gained.. I know food does not solve problems but it certainly feels like it helps me deal with current personal issues. I'm aware that's not true and hope to have the willpower (which I seem to be lacking right now) to get back to healthy eating and hopefully lose the weight.

Be kind to yourself. Set a plan. Add something to your day tomorrow, rather than taking something away. I've only recently broken through losing the same damn 10kgs and putting it back on - I've been doing it for years! I find that adding something healthy in, when you're in that place (lacking willpower, having problems getting back on the wagon), is a kinder thing to do for yourself. Setting a plan you can achieve is really important.

As for my own confession, I weigh myself every day. Every single day. I find it helps me understand that we have daily fluctuations in our weight, and I used to get quite down when I weighed myself weekly in the past, only to find there was minimal difference after busting my gut all week. Nothing made me reach for a pie or some chocolate quicker than feeling my efforts weren't achieving results. And I also only record weight losses on MFP, not gains.

Great thread - makes me realise my idiosyncrasies are just as boring and frequent as many others!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I find myself constantly thinking about calories. I pre-log a lot of my food. At breakfast I'll log what I'm eating and log for lunch since I know what I'll be packing to bring with me to work. It helps me see how many calories I can (or can't!) eat during the day, as sometimes I'll find a small snack.
    I also go to bed really early, and that helps with my late night snacking issue. How many 22 year olds so you know who go to bed at 8-8:30 every night?!

*raises hand* Me, me!

*raises hand* I'm 25 and am in bed by 7.30 some nights. I feel like I'm 7 again.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    @therenjen YES! Settlers is so much fun - I love a good board game. Any Killer Bunnies fans out there? That's been my favorite for years.
    I haven't played that one! I will check it out.

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    two posts for one click as usual

• samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Yes!! I eat most of my food with chopsticks, including curries, pasta... It makes it last so much longer!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know how many of us in this thread are country western fans (guessing not many) but this thread reminds me of Toby Keith's I Love This Bar. (I am not secret agent orange or I would post a link) we have everything in here from students to teachers to stay at home mom or dads to ph.d's to professionals (not sure about the hookers but I am guessing not) and we are all here to share a common goal of getting fit and feeling like we belong. And no one cares about each other's issues we are just here to share. So in the words of Toby Keith I Love This Thread.

I <3 country!

Yay! Me too. It's pretty much all I listen to.
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Seriously considering buying a $15 motivational water bottle. Just for the fact that it has lines marking the time of day to motivate you to drink that much water.

Some days I go without drinking any water what so ever. I pretty much only drink coffee and 0 calorie monsters. Which I know isn't good.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I may have to try this. Purely because it just sounds fun.

While you're at it, try using a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon to eat ice cream with... I tried that once, to force myself to make the last partial scoops from a beloved flavor's container last as long as possible (instead, it merely tested my sanity (and I nearly failed said 'test' ;P )).

On a related note, it occurred to me that the dinky 1/4-teaspoon -sized measuring spoon I was using resembled more of a toy scoop-shovel that was better suited for hanging in the garage of a dollhouse, and (per the time it took for me to finish using said itty bitty piece of plastic, for the purpose of (glacially, as it turned out) removing barely visible 'samples' from the hard-as-a-rock ice cream (which was practically taunting me with its militantly-adhering-to-itself 'defiance' of that laughably small (and surprisingly flimsy) spoon)), the spoon would seem to have been errantly given a thumbs-up by quality control personnel, during the manufacturing process, what with said spoon having been labelled "1/4 teaspoon", but its capacity having been more like "2 or 3 molecules" (or so it would seem).

Anyway, highly recommended 'process' to engage in... ;)

I use the tiniest imaginable spoon to eat ALL of my desserts, so that I can properly savor them rather than just gulping them down (I've always done this, way before I ever started counting calories. I just love eeny weeny spoons!). The spoon I use is a metal spoon that's used for incense here in the Middle East--The bowl of this particular spoon is about the size of the fingernail on your index finger. ;)

Susieq_1994, I could never-in-a-million-years have predicted that anyone's similar ventures in the use of 'microscopic' utensils would one day 'beckon' my return to this realm of 'eating in miniature'... ;)

...but, alas, your intriguing comments regarding this devotedly-actioned practice of yours, in incessantly torturing yourself (I mean, savoring :) ) via such a requiring-meditative-calm -based use of itsy bitsy spoon-age -- let alone 'spoonfare' that is associated with a bowl the size of a fingernail on an index finger (insert my understandably-predictable gasp right about here ;) ) -- (and just to be clear, we're talking index finger of an adult human, correct (?), and not that of any other species, I presume (if the scale were to be any smaller than that, I fear that I'd require some form of 'training', in order to eat ;P ))...

And now I find various ingestion-related small-scale whatnot being paraded before my mind's 'eye', such that one would think I'd begun imagining the world existing as though it were straight out of Alice in Wonderland... but it's not so bad, I'm gradually realizing, given the fascinating ways in which eating, creative consumption, and preposterous preparation could otherwise be 'mined' (and could very well render "all things food" far more interesting and entertaining than they already are)... ;)

...of course, the day when I need an Electron Microscope in order to *find* my food, let alone eat it (not to mention 'etch' tiny messages to myself, using single atoms with and on which to 'draw' ;P (heck, I could perhaps 'showcase' the practically-guaranteed 'disasters' of communication at that level, as well, by using disturbingly-expensive optics to 'take pictures' of my 'near- sub-atomic food carving' 'projects', and submit them to (or otherwise create!) a site analogous to cakewrecks.com... and share in its mission...to put on display -- and for all the world to see -- just how many ways food-based design and 'messaging' can go wrong ;) )...

...yeah, when that kind of microscopy equipment ends up being in every home (and perhaps akin to how microwaves ended up taking a while before they 'gained traction', but were ultimately in widespread use), you can bet I'll have practiced diligently enough by then to all but 'turn pro', and take previously impractical (and seemingly mis-applied) 'expertise' (in the use of scientific lab -based equipment, and its subsequently being 're-purposed', for use in creatively miniaturizing edibles in the home, in public establishments, and for use in custom design -based confections and catering) 'to a new level'... ;P

(Am off to locate an eye-dropper, for use in (dribble-drop-)drinking 64oz of water... (it should only take a few hours (and will likely involve risk of developing a repetitive motion injury... but worry not -- I have special gloves I've designed just for this purpose ;P )) ;)
  • wick3tgirl
    wick3tgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have just manually adjusted calories (+100) to slowly get to maintenance. and I am pissed off not happy that it has changed the calorie goal for my previous days. I realize they are working on it. but still, my internal numbers happy persona is not happy.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession: I get confused as to what to set my activity level to on MFP so then I worry I'm eating too many calories and then I worry about eating back exercise calories and I'm too nervous to ask for help because I don't want to cause any controversy
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I find myself constantly thinking about calories. I pre-log a lot of my food. At breakfast I'll log what I'm eating and log for lunch since I know what I'll be packing to bring with me to work. It helps me see how many calories I can (or can't!) eat during the day, as sometimes I'll find a small snack.
    I also go to bed really early, and that helps with my late night snacking issue. How many 22 year olds so you know who go to bed at 8-8:30 every night?!

You are not alone.

I'll pre-log the whole day if I can to see what I'll have available for snacks and then not eat them. I have yet to use all of my calories for the day. Even though my doctor told me to "eat the damn chocolate" if that is what it takes - I can't.

I put my son to bed at 8-8:30 and then start thinking about going to bed myself. I didn't even stay up to watch the Game of Thrones last night.

Sleep is an important part of weigh-loss, right?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I get confused as to what to set my activity level to on MFP so then I worry I'm eating too many calories and then I worry about eating back exercise calories and I'm too nervous to ask for help because I don't want to cause any controversy

Just a suggestion - use a different calculator and set all your numbers manually. The go to for keto is here: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/, The one people usually suggest for IIFYM is here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ (you don't have to be doing either for the calculators to work, they're just attached to sites that promote the two WOEs).
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I have a friend that does this.....I do not think I would do it on a regular basis, but would like to have the option, however, I am a type one diabetic and need an insulin shot four hours after I am done eating for the day to maintain the best blood sugar control I can. I do not always make it, but I try.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Just a suggestion - use a different calculator and set all your numbers manually. The go to for keto is here: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/, The one people usually suggest for IIFYM is here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ (you don't have to be doing either for the calculators to work, they're just attached to sites that promote the two WOEs).

I use scooby. I hate the MFP's system where you have to eat back exercise calories, it's just a drag to have to track every walk or workout. Ugh.

Confessions

- when I go somewhere for a day trip (heck, even 4 hours), I look up restaurants in the area right away
    - that's how we ended up having dinner out last night instead of going home, I hadn't found a Vietnamese restaurant in ages
    - when we drove back and my husband noticed 'oh there's a crepes restaurant here', I told him 'I know, but it's closed on Sundays'. It made him chuckle. I'm just hopeless (French restaurants is the first thing I looked up in that area)
    - today Spring break is over and I can't wait for my 6 hours of peace.. even though I really don't have much to do except a workout
    - I'm actually peeved because it's Monday and it means my mom is going to call around 2pm and disturb my day, especially as it's going to be the perfect weather for a walk. So I might miss her call. And she's going to get pissed off. Oh well.
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yeah so my mother was complaining about her weight then asking me for advice because her doctor says she has to lose.
    So I told her about CICO and mfp. I explained to her also that any exercise at this point would help her even if its taking small walks. Anyways I really stressed counting her calories and using mfp.

What does she do... she got on facebook looked up the mfp facebook paged like it an then shared a bunch of quotes from it.

But shes not made an actual account or took any steps in the right direction.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jpw1990 and @francl27!!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    confession: it's because of this thread that i bought and tried cookie butter for the first time in my life. it's like sunshine in a freakin jar!

what have i done? what have i done?!?!?!?