Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.

Shortly after I started texting, my Mom sent me a text, letting me know she was at the grocery store and, since she was coming over, was there anything I needed. (We don't live near a grocery store) I texted back that I couls use a couple pounds of lean ground beef, since it was on sale. It autocorrected to: "Grab me a couple pounds of cigarettes...they are on for $2.99/pound"...which would actually be a steal of a deal for cigarettes. She wanted to know when I took up smoking. (I am the preacher's kid, after all)

Hahaha! That is funny. I know we've talked about it earlier on this thread (well, along with just about every other topic), but I love damnyouautocorrect. I laugh every time I read those.

I die laughing from cakewrecks.com. Hilarious.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    You do know that most ad's are based on YOUR browser/search history, right? There was a big discussion here a few years back about it cuz someone griped about there being bad food ads on MFP... and that was why. IE- I sometimes see Amazon shoe ads here on MFP after I searched and shopped for shoes.

Sooo... maybe it's still like that? *snicker*

I dunno about that... I was getting ads for US weight loss clinics (which I've never searched, nor do I live in the US) and for McD's (also never searched) as well as ads in French (I'm anglophone).

However, I made that assumption about another popular site, hence my little mental freakout when banner ads for engagement rings (don't want one) started appearing on my SO's iPad. Lol.
    I got married at 20, to a 22 year old man and we immediately had a kid (4 weeks later, actually, lol). 3 more kids and nearly 15 years later, we still love each other, but the fact that we're still together is down to hard work and nothing but.

Congrats! I do actually know of 3 or 4 "high school romances" that are now 35+ year marriages but I don't think that's how the majority of them wind up.

My marriage lasted 2.5 years. I shake my head at myself now... I didn't even know what I wanted to eat the following week, and I thought I could pick a life partner?

Mine started out literally as what I thought was going to be a one night stand. I did not even give out my phone number for MONTHS. Every day he would call his friend that was dating my friend who would call me to call him back, lol. It's been over 20 years now.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Got caught up.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my dad.

I'm taking a few days off logging, but I know I need to resume it soon so I don't negate all my progress. I've already gained back 1.5lbs in a week and a half.

Wishing him the best of luck!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    cory17 wrote: »
    I've bought containers of ice cream, hidden them, and finished 2 in less than a week. (not lately, thankfully). My husband will say "you can't eat that, it's fattening" and "you'll always be fat" so I continue to buy him bags of tortilla chips and lays. He eats them, complains he's gaining weight, but I now weigh a few pounds less than him. Revenge will be mine.

Maybe in a few years we'll see posts from him complaining, "My wife is SABOTAGING me!!" lol.

Hearing those kinds of comments would motivate me to lose weight, as fast as humanly possible, just to prove him wrong.

Confession: that's probably more than half the reason I got married at such a young age, because my father was always telling me that no man would ever want me.

I'm sorry your father, of all people, would ever say anything like that to you!! I'm sure many men would be lucky to have you!

Thank you for saying that. My mother was just as bad, but they had their own demons (alcoholism) and it was easier to pick at me than to take a good hard look at themselves. But it took me a looooong time to come to terms with that.

So of course I followed the textbook pattern of choosing men who treated me much the same. I'm such a cliche, lol. Fortunately I'm now with an awesome guy who tells me how wonderful I am about two dozen times a day but first I had to get to a place mentally where I could appreciate and accept that.

My father and I now get along really well by text. :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I've bought containers of ice cream, hidden them, and finished 2 in less than a week. (not lately, thankfully). My husband will say "you can't eat that, it's fattening" and "you'll always be fat" so I continue to buy him bags of tortilla chips and lays. He eats them, complains he's gaining weight, but I now weigh a few pounds less than him. Revenge will be mine.

Maybe in a few years we'll see posts from him complaining, "My wife is SABOTAGING me!!" lol.

Hearing those kinds of comments would motivate me to lose weight, as fast as humanly possible, just to prove him wrong.

Confession: that's probably more than half the reason I got married at such a young age, because my father was always telling me that no man would ever want me.

:o
    Wow
    Sorry to hear that! I know he is your father, but what an asshat!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I'm sorry your father, of all people, would ever say anything like that to you!! I'm sure many men would be lucky to have you!

Thank you for saying that. My mother was just as bad, but they had their own demons (alcoholism) and it was easier to pick at me than to take a good hard look at themselves. But it took me a looooong time to come to terms with that.

So of course I followed the textbook pattern of choosing men who treated me much the same. I'm such a cliche, lol. Fortunately I'm now with an awesome guy who tells me how wonderful I am about two dozen times a day but first I had to get to a place mentally where I could appreciate and accept that.

My father and I now get along really well by text. :)

Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
  • glutenfreechic
    glutenfreechic Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Slightly related, for some reason when I send my daughter text messages, about once a week, it will send the first half of the message I sent, and then second half will be a message I sent her weeks or sometimes even months ago. We have no idea why this happens, and it does not happen with anyone else except between the two of us. And only from me to her, never the other way around. It is the weirdest thing. At first, she was quite confused by it, but now she will just text back and tell me to resend, but it is so strange! Here is the most recent one from this weekend:

I totally spoiled Big Brother for Marie, she told me she did not watch it yet and I read it wrong and told her the vet said it could kill her. I am NOT going to let her die after everything she has been through.

:s [/quote]

This happened to me as well for about 6 months, always texts to the same person and it would splice half a recent text with half a very old text. It was weird, i don't know why it happened and i don't know why it stopped. Must be some kind of text leprechaun or something, probably the ones also responsible for the autocorrect hilarity and those other naughty ones that send themselves to the wrong person at precisely the worst time possible...
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Slightly related, for some reason when I send my daughter text messages, about once a week, it will send the first half of the message I sent, and then second half will be a message I sent her weeks or sometimes even months ago. We have no idea why this happens, and it does not happen with anyone else except between the two of us. And only from me to her, never the other way around. It is the weirdest thing. At first, she was quite confused by it, but now she will just text back and tell me to resend, but it is so strange! Here is the most recent one from this weekend:

I totally spoiled Big Brother for Marie, she told me she did not watch it yet and I read it wrong and told her the vet said it could kill her. I am NOT going to let her die after everything she has been through.

:s

This happened to me as well for about 6 months, always texts to the same person and it would splice half a recent text with half a very old text. It was weird, i don't know why it happened and i don't know why it stopped. Must be some kind of text leprechaun or something, probably the ones also responsible for the autocorrect hilarity and those other naughty ones that send themselves to the wrong person at precisely the worst time possible...[/quote]

I wonder if this will ever stop, it has been happening for over a year now.....my daughter is planning to get a new phone and change providers this summer, if it still happens after that, I am gonna be super creeped out.....
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

My university has us go through a class on the psychology of relationships for that reason. It's pretty smart, since it's a freshman-level but required class. Manages to reach most of the students and get them to think about what their boundaries are, what their relationship style is (and which ones to avoid) and how secure they are in themselves. They definitely go over the fact that love doesn't pay the bills and that love isn't what keeps a marriage together.

Every high school should have a class like that!!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Wait, is there a script or something that still works to add custom macros?
    http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/
    I used the script in this link but saw this when I logged in today. :/
    screen.png

As of right now, mine appears to still be working. However, I have not opened MFP in app form, and I have no intention of ever doing so again until I hear for sure that the script has been updated. I suspect that's where the problem lies.

At the risk of sounding stupid.....I have no idea what this is or what you guys are talking about....

There are scripts you can use to have more input into your calories and macros. The premium update broke the script for mobile. On a PC, my numbers are right. On mobile, it rounded things up and down to give me 80 more calories while simultaneously dropping my protein way way way too low. Means you can only use a computer now to use the script...or pay $50 yr to still have correct numbers on your phone.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have only just discovered you can cook sausages in the oven.

And bacon in the microwave.

My life has new (cleaner) meaning.
    try cooking bacon in tin foil on the BBQ

pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have to admit I am enjoying the "what makes you irrationally angry" thread. I can relate to so much of it. And in some cases I would make these people irrationally angry.
    I tried looking for this one and couldn't find it. I bet I could fill that thread for pages.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32351685#Comment_32351685

I can never figure out how to post links on my iPad but see if that is it...

*edited to say I tested it after posting. It does put you in the middle of the thread so you can get to it. Yay me!
    Thanks! I bookmarked it for when I have sometime to catch up.

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

I am really far behind as well. I'm so sorry, but glad the prognosis is good. Sending positive thoughts towards you and him.

• Kalici
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I've been going against my physical therapist. Been running when I should be walking

Please don't do that. The injury you could cause yourself as a result might be catastrophic compared to what you've got right now. I'm trying not to do the same sort of thing myself at the moment. I've been ordered not to use my arm (so no bench pressing etc.) and it is driving me nuts. I'm just getting through it by telling myself that it'll be healed soon and better than I was before, unless I give in and do something silly.
  • Kalici
    Options

You can eat the ice cream (well, within medically allowed). Anything is fattening if you eat too much of it. Also, I tried not to be judgy, but your husband is being a jerk face.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    So sorry. Thinking of you both <3
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

My cousin is in a very long term polyamorous triad but had apparently tried to keep it quiet from the family (who tend towards the religious). Funniest conversation I ever had was with him. By way of background, my whole extended family is in the USA, I was born and grew up in Australia. In 2009 I went to the States for a year and caught up with the family. Said cousin picked me up from his mum's house where I was staying and we were driving up to his place. In the car on the way:

Him: So, I've spoken with the girls and we decided that we could let you in on something. Xxxx is not really yyyy and my flatmate, we're all in a relationship and have been for a really long time.

Me: .... yeah, I know.

Him: WHAT? How did you know?

Me: My mum told me.

Him: How the heck does your mom know????

Me: Your mum told her!

Him: MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW!!!??

Me: Dude... I'm from halfway around the world and even *I* knew. it's cool. No one cares.

I confess I am fascinated by this. I have many questions. I shall refrain.

About polyamory? Feel free, or privately if you'd prefer

Ok here goes. So do you all live together? And if so do you all have your own room or all share one room/bed or 2 or mix it up? Do you do everything together or is it like today is date night with so and so so the 3rd one stays home. And with the s*x is it all 3 or some mixture of two spontaneously or preplanned? I can't imagine this would work for me. I think you would have to be pretty confident in yourself and your partners to do this...all my insecurities would be front and center.

I have read about those guys with lots of wives in different houses but the women don't have a relationship with each other (I don't think). I never met or knew anyone in this kind of a relationship. I imagine girl/girl/guy combinations must be more common than boy/boy/girl.

The guys with lots of wives and where they have no relationship is polygamy and usually driven by religious beliefs (fundamental Mormons; Muslims). Polyamory is not the same thing.

The most common forms of Polyamory are 'hinge' relationships, where A is in a relationship with B, who is in a relationship with C. There is no relationship between A and C, except maybe as friends. In a triad, all of the people are involved with each other. The nature of involvement depends on the individuals.

So for us (and we're considered unusual): we do live together. We live most of the time in 'their ' house in London (where we all work), and weekends in 'my' house in Devon. We split chores according to skills and likes. Finances are individual and we all contribute to bills/group expenses/leisure.

We share a bedroom. In both Houses we have a 9ft bed (single and double together), so we all have space to sleep, and it allows for different mattress preferences. We have found we don't like sleeping apart, it's feels weird. So even in hotels we'll rearrange the beds so they are together. We did have a holiday cottage at new year where one person had to be in a separate room, we all agreed it felt wrong. My girlfriend and I usually take turns to sleep in the middle, she usually has it on weekdays. Because she's last to get up, and I'm in the middle on weekends.

In our relationship there are actually 4 relationship, one between each 'couple", and an overarching relationship between the three of us. We try to balance all of them, because if any one person is off kilter, all the relationships are affected. So each two will spend time doing things together, maybe go out for dinner, or veg out in front of the TV, and the third will indulge in some guilt free me time, it tends to be spontaneous most of the time. But we do have planned in the diary every 3 months couples dinners, because we think it's important that those relationships are nurtured and by planning, they don't get forgotten in the melee of daily life.

We all have our individual hobbies and interests and it's important to us that we all have time for those too, because it's what contributes to us being the people we are.

We have a set dinner once a month as a three. That's a kind of check in, make sure we're all OK, discuss any relationship issues or concerns or anything, before it blows up hugely. Generally we do things as a three, so trips, days out, parties , we all do together, we plan things for weekends for all of us.

Sex: (it's what you all really wanna know, right?) sex works in any and all combinations, as twos or three, depending on who is around, awake and in the mood. We have differing levels of sex drive, and different body clocks - my boyfriend and I are night owls, my girlfriend is a lark. She falls asleep early. We're awake. I go to my house one weekend a month on my own (space and time for me and for them - my choice). Sex is a mixture of preplanned and spontaneous (preplanned as in, when we all get home tonight let's go to bed and f?!(@, or someone is out at their club tonight, shall we go to bed!) but it's mostly spontaneous, and mostly the three of us, but no issues if one is not in the mood/tired whatever.

We do all have insecurities and envy (which we define differently to jealousy) and we've learned we need to talk about those things when they arise, don't let them sit and fester until exploding, because by then it will all be out of proportion and dealing with the fall out is draining. Hence why we have preplanned dinners, so no one has to say they have a problem (unless they want to). we work hard on our relationships and have had to learn different communication skills. Listening skills and to be very explicit in saying what we need/want because we need to avoid misinterpretation and miscommunication, most of our big fights boiled down to misunderstandings. Things tend to go downhill when we stop paying attention and take it for granted , which is no different to monogamous relationships.

Feel free to add any follow up questions :)

Thanks. I love your candor. I know or know of two polyamory hmmm would groups be the proper phase? Triad in one case. A close friend's sibling that sounds more like the hinge but more complicated although I live in a different state and its not like that sibling comes up all that often in conversation. That family is fine and open. The parents just wonder how it will work if there are ever kids. The other was a college classmate. She and her boyfriend added a girlfriend and seemed happy. We were friendly but didn't keep in touch.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have been 'all boobs' since middle school and, when I gained weight, everything became more proportional(even though my boobs also got a little larger too). As I have lost weight my boobs haven't gone anywhere. For every band size I lose, I go up TWO cup sizes. I am terrified of reaching my ultimate goal weight and being all boobs again. Sometimes, I even think of sabotaging myself.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

People are horrified when I tell the I cook sausages in the oven. Most of them are men. I just tell them I have better things to do than stand over a frying pan watching sausages cook.
    One of them dared to say he would have a go at his wife if she cooked sausages in the oven, so I said that she is a mug who deserves someone better than him. After a long argument about it, he asked me "What better things can you possibly be doing while ruining sausages in the oven?" So I said, "they take about 30 mins in the oven sooo, having sex?" End of conversation. :blush:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

People are horrified when I tell the I cook sausages in the oven. Most of them are men. I just tell them I have better things to do than stand over a frying pan watching sausages cook.
    One of them dared to say he would have a go at his wife if she cooked sausages in the oven, so I said that she is a mug who deserves someone better than him. After a long argument about it, he asked me "What better things can you possibly be doing while ruining sausages in the oven?" So I said, "they take about 30 mins in the oven sooo, having sex?" End of conversation. :blush:

Though I would guess sex would only take about 2 minutes with that guy...and then the 30 Day Shred DVD is 26 minutes. Then, maybe more 2 minute sex and then BOOM! Sausages! :tongue:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

Awww *hugs* I'm sorry sorry to hear this, I hope he recovers well from the surgery.