Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I've been going against my physical therapist. Been running when I should be walking
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

Oh boy, isn't that the truth! For me, even worse: got married at 18, failed at that one, did it again at 28 and now I'm wondering if I've ever known anything at all? Seriously, have I not learned anything yet? My poor kids. I give them the spiel of: don't ask me for relationship advice. Clearly I don't know what I'm doing. Gah.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.

Shortly after I started texting, my Mom sent me a text, letting me know she was at the grocery store and, since she was coming over, was there anything I needed. (We don't live near a grocery store) I texted back that I could use a couple pounds of lean ground beef, since it was on sale. It autocorrected to: "Grab me a couple pounds of cigarettes...they are on for $2.99/pound"...which would actually be a steal of a deal for cigarettes. She wanted to know when I took up smoking. (I am the preacher's kid, after all)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.

Shortly after I started texting, my Mom sent me a text, letting me know she was at the grocery store and, since she was coming over, was there anything I needed. (We don't live near a grocery store) I texted back that I couls use a couple pounds of lean ground beef, since it was on sale. It autocorrected to: "Grab me a couple pounds of cigarettes...they are on for $2.99/pound"...which would actually be a steal of a deal for cigarettes. She wanted to know when I took up smoking. (I am the preacher's kid, after all)

Hahaha! That is funny. I know we've talked about it earlier on this thread (well, along with just about every other topic), but I love damnyouautocorrect. I laugh every time I read those.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is the ad on the side of my MFP right now, and it is making me a little uncomfortable...

770ffe62-580d-423a-bad3-d9d3fe3aa8a2_zpshk3pjq5x.jpg

You do know that most ad's are based on YOUR browser/search history, right? There was a big discussion here a few years back about it cuz someone griped about there being bad food ads on MFP... and that was why. IE- I sometimes see Amazon shoe ads here on MFP after I searched and shopped for shoes.

Sooo... maybe it's still like that? *snicker*
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Introducing Premium!

A $50/yr you can keep that chit. For real. >_<
    OH yes.

Unless the script I used to enter my macros in gram is fixed or a new one is made, I'm just going to enter my macros goals into the food notes.

I can't believe they'd expect me to want to pay that much for "premium", especially with the app's "improved" macro / micronutrient breakdown

Or their POS barcode scanner app that doesn't work nor hasn't for several years. >_<

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is the ad on the side of my MFP right now, and it is making me a little uncomfortable...

You do know that most ad's are based on YOUR browser/search history, right? There was a big discussion here a few years back about it cuz someone griped about there being bad food ads on MFP... and that was why. IE- I sometimes see Amazon shoe ads here on MFP after I searched and shopped for shoes.

Introducing Premium!

OH yes.

Unless the script I used to enter my macros in gram is fixed or a new one is made, I'm just going to enter my macros goals into the food notes.

I can't believe they'd expect me to want to pay that much for "premium", especially with the app's "improved" macro / micronutrient breakdown

Or their POS barcode scanner app that doesn't work nor hasn't for several years. >_<

Quiksylver, have you been typing "Giant Cucumber Man" in your browser again? I thought you were going to stop doing that?!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Wait, is there a script or something that still works to add custom macros?
    http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/
    I used the script in this link but saw this when I logged in today. :/
    screen.png
    As of right now, mine appears to still be working. However, I have not opened MFP in app form, and I have no intention of ever doing so again until I hear for sure that the script has been updated. I suspect that's where the problem lies.
    Dang. I wind up using the app a little more than the desktop site too.

I'm lucky enough to not have issues with the barcode scanner.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I keep getting ads for intubation equipment. I guess it is due to my work computer being for a medical clinic....
  • laurinpinpin
    laurinpinpin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I've been going against my physical therapist. Been running when I should be walking

I undestand being fustrated after an injury... I did that when I hurt my foot, they said no dancing, I still did it. I think at the end my foot just took longer to heal. If i would have listen then probably it would have healed faster....
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Introducing Premium!

OH yes.

Quiksylver, have you been typing "Giant Cucumber Man" in your browser again? I thought you were going to stop doing that?!

Laughing Hysterically at that one!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Celebratory dinner, HUGE CHEESEBURGER, CRINKLE CUT FRIES, MARGARITA, DRAFT BEER, BEER BATTERED DEEP FRIED PICKLES, and COTTON CANDY BLIZZARD FROM DAIRY QUEEN. because i'm worth it. I run to the gym, work out then run back. I'll burn these kcals.
    Congratulations, by the way!!! And that sounds absolutely delicious. Can't deny my jealousy. Ever since I saw that Dairy Queen commercial I've been wanting to try the cotton candy blizzard!

basically, the cotton candy freezes into pop rock type spheres inside of the ice cream, and you'll get some cotton candy that lines the inside of the walls of the cup that you can scrape off for a super sweet cotton candy blast. I almost wept with joy eating it.

WOW! :p
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

It's back again!!! It is freaking me out. Can someone please tell the banner ads that I am a woman?

LOL Beats the ads for MFP premium service that keep popping up. :/
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,400 Member
    Options
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

I got married at 20, to a 22 year old man and we immediately had a kid (4 weeks later, actually, lol). 3 more kids and nearly 15 years later, we still love each other, but the fact that we're still together is down to hard work and nothing but.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,400 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Wait, is there a script or something that still works to add custom macros?
    http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/
    I used the script in this link but saw this when I logged in today. :/
    screen.png
    As of right now, mine appears to still be working. However, I have not opened MFP in app form, and I have no intention of ever doing so again until I hear for sure that the script has been updated. I suspect that's where the problem lies.
    Dang. I wind up using the app a little more than the desktop site too.

I'm lucky enough to not have issues with the barcode scanner.

The online version of premium broke my custom macros script. Bleh

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry to to hear about that. My thoughts will be with both of you, please keep us posted when you are able.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I work in child support enforcement (turns and runs for cover!)..That statement comes up a lot around the office :s

That has to be exhausting and frustrating and sometimes rewarding...

Most definitely- I knew it was Monday when the first client I called this morning (wanting to know where payments were for March and April and if one would be made for May) cursed me out, told me I ruin families, and that I'm a b!tch. Ahh someone has to do it!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I got married at 20, to a 22 year old man and we immediately had a kid (4 weeks later, actually, lol). 3 more kids and nearly 15 years later, we still love each other, but the fact that we're still together is down to hard work and nothing but.

I got married at 18 to my high school sweetheart. On June 4 this year we will celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. It does take work and a lot of being flexible with the desires of the other person (mostly my husband is a saint at this) Our marriage is not perfect but we love each other and our kids/grandkids and that is what matters most to both of us, so we keep working at it.

I should confess that I am also bi and my husband knows I have to indulge in that side of my sexuality from time to time, so that probably makes it even harder for him (hence the saint comment).
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I went over my cals Saturday by *at least* 4,000... used the excuse that it was "the last weekend of my twenties"...

Thing is, Saturday morning I was only 1.6 lbs from my goal weight... and my goal was to be that weight by Wednesday for my birthday :/

Ah well... Still could happen I suppose, but I'll not hold my breath. It was a lovely weekend, though.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks! ☺️
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    Ok, here's mine. I keyed up my previous neighbor's brand new sports car. Why? Because him and his gf were house sitting and dog sitting for us while hubby and I were on vacation. Came home and found my great dane had been starved and was skin and bones. Sadly, the vet couldn't save him. Apparently the dog had swallowed a large hunting sock and the blockage made him vomit for days. I didn't get so much as an apology from them so one night I got rip roaring drunk, walked over to their house at 2am and keyed the crap out of the nice pretty car. No one knows except my best friend. Oh, and all of you guys! LOL!

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read. I probably would've burned their house to the ground, so I'd say getting their car keyed was a pretty light punishment.