Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I can't believe it's already May. What's everyone's life goals for May?

Mine are to not weigh myself at all this month (cause the longest I've gone in the last three years without weighing myself is two weeks) and to not self harm at all this month.

I, shamefully, made one of my kids weigh herself, so I could make sure the scale wasn't broke and stuck on that number. I have gone down four sizes and my newest size is starting to get baggy, but I still get so disheartened when that scale number doesn't move. Hoping that, by not weighing, I can feel good about the rest.

At least once a week I take some weight plates and will weigh it with varying amounts to make sure it is still right. :/

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Two out of five grades have come in for this semester. So far, so good... I'm really only worried about one class due to the worst procrastination of my life. My heart keeps beating really fast and I'm trying to calm it down. Hopefully I can see the Avengers tomorrow for the good kind of excitement.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession: I tried the Cotton Candy blizzard, Eh... tasted like regular vanilla soft serve, just with sprinkles. I'm disappointed.

Confession 2: I also tried the Brownie Cookie Dough blizzard. Ohh yum! I did NOT eat both myself. DH and I shared. We still have some left in the freezer. I will try not to eat the leftovers tomorrow.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Two out of five grades have come in for this semester. So far, so good... I'm really only worried about one class due to the worst procrastination of my life. My heart keeps beating really fast and I'm trying to calm it down. Hopefully I can see the Avengers tomorrow for the good kind of excitement.

I feel you girl! I'm waiting on some of my finals to be graded that'll tell me whether or not I'll make Dean's List and whether or not I have to actually study for my last final on Monday... take some deep breaths, it'll all be fine. You did your best and, regardless, worrying won't magically give you extra credit (though it'd be nice). I'm sure you did great :)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My husband's department has been trying to figure out a "team building" exercise or activity for a while, they are having a pretty stressful time and I don't blame them, but I couldn't help but be so irritated that they figured out what to do today - they went and saw The Avengers on their lunch 3 hours. Buncha *kitten*.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »

I feel you girl! I'm waiting on some of my finals to be graded that'll tell me whether or not I'll make Dean's List and whether or not I have to actually study for my last final on Monday... take some deep breaths, it'll all be fine. You did your best and, regardless, worrying won't magically give you extra credit (though it'd be nice). I'm sure you did great :)
    Thank you!! I know it might sound a bit pathetic, but hearing these things really helps to calm me down a bit :) I wish you luck on your finals! I only wish worrying would grant me some extra points... :sweat_smile:
  • Debradotbzy
    Debradotbzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I picked up a couple of books that apparently have amazing reviews. Does anyone have anything to say about Stoner by John Williams and Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie?

And does anyone have any other books they'd like to recommend to me? I'm trying to get back into reading after a long hiatus.

• Debradotbzy
    Options
    I picked up a couple of books that apparently have amazing reviews. Does anyone have anything to say about Stoner by John Williams and Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie?

And does anyone have any other books they'd like to recommend to me? I'm trying to get back into reading after a long hiatus.

Ancillary Justice was one of the most innovative sci fi novels I've read in quite sometime. No fantasy no Arthurian legends but a writing style that requires you to read without preconceptions. It uniquely develops a story of loss, of identity, of purpose.

On a slightly different note have you read any Lois McMaster Bujold? Also technically sci-fi but the Vorkosigan and Chalion novels differ in tone. Unique stories of interesting characters who must create their own identities within their restrictive societies.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

Ancillary Justice was one of the most innovative sci fi novels I've read in quite sometime. No fantasy no Arthurian legends but a writing style that requires you to read without preconceptions. It uniquely develops a story of loss, of identity, of purpose.

On a slightly different note have you read any Lois McMaster Bujold? Also technically sci-fi but the Vorkosigan and Chalion novels differ in tone. Unique stories of interesting characters who must create their own identities within their restrictive societies.
    I'm about 30 pages in so far and am a bit baffled by all of the details coming at me. I do enjoy it, though!!! I have not read any Lois McMaster Bujold, but that sounds really interesting. I'm a fan of books that have really fascinating characters.
  • Debradotbzy
    Options
    Sorry working on an iPhone makes it hard to not post before finishing. Teeeeny tiny buttons.
  • purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Confession: I WAS doing so well using MFP, dieting, exercising.... and then I don't know what happened. Literally I think I just started feeling I was looking thinner so I lost motivation cause I was all happy about looking thinner lol. Ugh. Well, I gained back several pounds. One thing that's really difficult for me is to not rebel against myself! I end up feeling like tracking calories is stifling, and I just want to rebel and eat whatever. I've started back on my diet though, so I gotta just force myself to keep up with it!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I am seriously considering having a second sloppy joe sandwich because the first one was so good, but then the angel on my shoulder is all "That's how you got so fat in the first place, dumbasss!" Sigh.

This made me giggle. :)
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm writing one of my final papers and I've set up a reward system: for every sentence I finish, I get 1 m&m. For every paragraph I finish, I get a piece of chocolate (only got 1 left, anyways).

Honestly, +~300 calories is worth getting a good grade on this paper. It's working, anyways!
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed a lovely May Day brunch with my sister yesterday and ate ALL the food. Calories through the roof. Bacon, sausages, brownies, frittata, meatballs, beef, artisan bread with real butter... I'm up almost two lb today and I REGRET NOTHING. It's just food/waste weight that'll go away, and that food was delicious.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    So it's been a month. Do we think tincanonastring is coming back? This would be the time!

I saw him in a sugar thread the other day. Might have scared him off :(

I wondered as well. This thread got very "female" a few times and then the last time he came on was the last time 'she who shall not be named' showed up and again nearly started a fight. He never returned (but then again...neither did she). Maybe we could start some gossip!

Grrrrrrrrrr I still do not know who 'she' is!!!!!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

My cousin is in a very long term polyamorous triad but had apparently tried to keep it quiet from the family (who tend towards the religious). Funniest conversation I ever had was with him. By way of background, my whole extended family is in the USA, I was born and grew up in Australia. In 2009 I went to the States for a year and caught up with the family. Said cousin picked me up from his mum's house where I was staying and we were driving up to his place. In the car on the way:

Him: So, I've spoken with the girls and we decided that we could let you in on something. Xxxx is not really yyyy and my flatmate, we're all in a relationship and have been for a really long time.

Me: .... yeah, I know.

Him: WHAT? How did you know?

Me: My mum told me.

Him: How the heck does your mom know????

Me: Your mum told her!

Him: MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW!!!??

Me: Dude... I'm from halfway around the world and even *I* knew. it's cool. No one cares.

I confess I am fascinated by this. I have many questions. I shall refrain.

About polyamory? Feel free, or privately if you'd prefer

• qqsha
    qqsha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ate half a small veggie pizza from Round Table. My mom ate the other half. It was delicious and worth it.
  • RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I want a snickers bar :smile:
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Confession time:
    I've been craving a good hamburger and fries for weeks. So today I went to IHOP for lunch. Got the regular burger and fries the burger was 710 fries 320. So with my lunch already being 1030.

For dinner I had pizza hut -.--. According to the website and I hope their cals are correct the two slices I had one was 440 and the other 460= 900 cals together. But I was still under my daily intake without adding any excerise. I feel so bad about eating it. But since it fit into my daily cals I should be okay right? :*
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    Confession time:
    I've been craving a good hamburger and fries for weeks. So today I went to IHOP for lunch. Got the regular burger and fries the burger was 710 fries 320. So with my lunch already being 1030.

For dinner I had pizza hut -.--. According to the website and I hope their cals are correct the two slices I had one was 440 and the other 460= 900 cals together. But I was still under my daily intake without adding any excerise. I feel so bad about eating it. But since it fit into my daily cals I should be okay right? :*

Yea, I'm under the impression that if it fits, it's all good!