Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    My Confession: I have been completely off the reservation as far as diet and exercise goes for about 3 weeks. My diet had basically consisted of jalapeno cheese bombers from hardees and iced honey buns.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Between the links to all the MFP awesomeness, playing with my grandkids, and other distractions, it has taken me a good 6 hours and 6 (or was it 7?) chocolate chip cookies to catch up on the almost 30 pages that popped up here in less than 2 days. Whew!

My name is Cecilia (named after my grandfather, Cecil). No one ever spells it right. My childhood nickname was C Ya, or Silly Ann. My boss at my first real job after college started calling me Ceci (which is also never spelled right) and it stuck.

I love Criminal Minds and have lately been hooked on the Forensic Files show on HLN.

I like Kahlua and Irish Creme in my hot chocolate.

I am visiting family this week (came to my hometown to run my first half marathon on Saturday). I'm pretty much stuffing my face with whatever food I can find. I guess it's a good thing I live 8 hours away.

I love your name! It's very pretty. I, too, watch Forensic Files on HLN plus they have 40 episodes on Netflix that I'm making my way through!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    I'm sad and depressed and stressed and considering just eating cheese for dinner.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

(I am SO behind, sorry)
    I don't get creeped out by much, but the Elisa Lam story is extremely creepy and unsettling. I'm easily disturbed by murders (especially involving children) but rarely creeped out.

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited April 2015
    !!!777th Post!!!

Lego Dimensions is coming out for Xbox One, I'm super excited for this. Basically, it's of the Disney Infinity, Skylanders model, where you buy a portal, then you buy additional minifigs that will upload into the game when they're on the portal. Lego Dimensions comes with a Lego Portal you get to construct yourself and it will merge all the lego worlds Lego Movie style. The starter pack comes with Batman, Wyldstyle and Gandalf. I really hope they release a Lego Green Lantern for the set. Who wouldn't love open world sandbox lego building with all the characters they hold license for? basically come september, my expendable income is going to be shot.

Oh God no. Please no.
    My kid already collects Disney Infinity and what does he love more than Disney Infinity? LEGO. And THE LEGO MOVIE

/killselfnow

I just watched the official commercial with Joel McHale and even the commercial is awesome.
    I'm not sure whether to throw up my arms and howl NOOOOO at the sky, or be excited about how excited my kid is gonna be.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited April 2015
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Yup, I did just put a double shot of Bacardi into my McDonalds diet coke cup so my SO doesn't know >:)

my MIL is a bingo fanatic. I put beer in my colored water bottle when we go.... no one knows ;)

LOL you would have to for Bingo, I don't blame you.
    I never win at Bingo. I'm one of those people who never win. I do the lottery every week and the most I've won is my £1 back. it sucks, but I keep doing it in case the worlds all align and by some sorcery my numbers come up. Because you know the one week you don't do it, your numbers will come up. :neutral:
  • Lois_1989
    Confession-- if the 'Adipose' pill from Dr. Who was real I would take that in a heartbeat, even knowing that some weird little alien fatbabies would be somehow popping out of me overnight.

harpsdesire, I should perhaps be embarrassed to inform you of the following reality... that not only have I never seen a Dr. Who episode (am suddenly hearing imagined-in-my-mind gasps from afar), but there hadn't been any single allusion to the show (and specifically, that I had crossed paths with) which triggered my desire to watch said show, let alone resulted in my feeling practically *compelled* to do so... until now.

That day has arrived, thanks to you! :)

Alas, and as though you have somehow been a sci-fi 'matchmaker' of sorts (accidental though it may be), your mention of "weird little alien fatbabies" -- let alone, their in any way "popping out of" *anything* overnight -- was apparently the kind of fascinating whatnot (albeit a somewhat intriguingly disturbing one, at that ;), and replete with one heckuva what-might-it-look-like 'visual') that ultimately 'did the seemingly impossible'... not only did your happenstance mention of such result in my thinking something along the lines of, ~'okay, that's it -- I have *got* to see this show...', but I also 'couldn't help myself', and Googled the darn episode, along with explanatory miscellany...

...and you can only imagine my reaction to reading the following words (from the Tardis Data Core subset of the Dr. Who wiki) --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Adipose were a race of vaguely humanoid blobs of fat.

Biology :: Young Adipose were hand-sized, marshmallow-shaped beings, composed almost entirely of fat. They had two eyes and a mouth, two arms with webbed hands and two stumpy legs. Most Adipose had what appeared to be a single tooth.

Life cycle :: The Adipose reproduced on Nursery Worlds. When on Earth, the Adipose's development was started when a pill from Adipose Industries was ingested. The young Adipose would grow, collecting fat from around the body. Every night, the Adipose would then be born and leave the body. They could convert other material into fat; however, this practice was not good for their health. Alternative materials included the bones, organs, muscles and many other human tissues. In emergencies, this was used to dispose of people by turning them completely into Adipose.

-- (my internal reaction as I read that = "...oh, my... what?!... wow... cool... what the... holy... interesting... OMG...")

...and with *that*, I was freaking *hooked* (I simply *must* see this show!)... :)

My failed attempt to 'not get sucked into' the vortex-ified 'world' of yet another sci-fi franchise has now met with its seemingly pre-destined demise... in this context, the fait accompli -esque mantra of "resistance is futile...you *will* be assimilated..." (no truer (or more freak-out-ishly creepy, monotonically uttered) words were ever spoken by the almighty Borg, of Star Trek lore) would seem to be my 'fate' (as well as that of many others), when in the 'orbit' of the 'gravitational pull' of the 'world' of Dr. Who.

(All that being said, the unexpected detour into learning of Dr. Who's Adipose beings has taken me right back to thinking about marshmallows, unfortunately... and while this could result in my having a nightmare tonight, perhaps involving a Peeps contingent commanding an army of marshmallows-the-size-of-dolls'-heads, courtesy of memory-based 'crosstalk' happening in my mind, while dreaming, that's a small price to pay for having experienced my 'watershed moment', when it comes to 'triggered onset' of Dr. Who viewing... ;) )

...but in the end, my pending addiction to Dr. Who, sparked in passing while catching up on the neverending stream of fun posts in this thread (and which include countless bits of interesting insight, helpful responses, playful banter, smile and/or laugh-inducing retorts, and confessions ranging from the utterly delightful and oh-so-comically-human -to- would-hesitate-admitting-this-to-anyone examples of bravery that are met so often with confirmation of said confession-based specific(s) being understandable, and/or that others feel, think, and/or do 'the same' thing, too), this all just goes to show... that 'going to Confession' (here, anyway :) ) can lead to all kinds of unexpectedly lifechanging moments...! :)

(Thank You!)

Welcome to the fandom ;) That is indeed the most eloquent submission to the irresistable community of Whovians I've ever had the pleasure of reading!

Just don't watch the one with the Weeping Angels. Scares the S*** out of me every time and I can't walk past a statue without keeping my eyes on it. Just don't look into their eyes...

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I got behind on this thread over Easter and I just can't catch up, so sorry for ignoring comments on pages 312 - 342!

My confession - I have done *really* well with not gorging on Easter eggs (I still have stuff left) but I've been eating other crap I don't usually instead! How ridiculous.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Confession-- if the 'Adipose' pill from Dr. Who was real I would take that in a heartbeat, even knowing that some weird little alien fatbabies would be somehow popping out of me overnight.

harpsdesire, I should perhaps be embarrassed to inform you of the following reality... that not only have I never seen a Dr. Who episode (am suddenly hearing imagined-in-my-mind gasps from afar), but there hadn't been any single allusion to the show (and specifically, that I had crossed paths with) which triggered my desire to watch said show, let alone resulted in my feeling practically *compelled* to do so... until now.

Alas, and as though you have somehow been a sci-fi 'matchmaker' of sorts (accidental though it may be), your mention of "weird little alien fatbabies" -- let alone, their in any way "popping out of" *anything* overnight -- was apparently the kind of fascinating whatnot (albeit a somewhat intriguingly disturbing one, at that ;), and replete with one heckuva what-might-it-look-like 'visual') that ultimately 'did the seemingly impossible'... not only did your happenstance mention of such result in my thinking something along the lines of, ~'okay, that's it -- I have *got* to see this show...', but I also 'couldn't help myself', and Googled the darn episode, along with explanatory miscellany...

...and you can only imagine my reaction to reading the following words (from the Tardis Data Core subset of the Dr. Who wiki) --

Biology :: Young Adipose were hand-sized, marshmallow-shaped beings, composed almost entirely of fat. They had two eyes and a mouth, two arms with webbed hands and two stumpy legs. Most Adipose had what appeared to be a single tooth.

Life cycle :: The Adipose reproduced on Nursery Worlds. When on Earth, the Adipose's development was started when a pill from Adipose Industries was ingested. The young Adipose would grow, collecting fat from around the body. Every night, the Adipose would then be born and leave the body. They could convert other material into fat; however, this practice was not good for their health. Alternative materials included the bones, organs, muscles and many other human tissues. In emergencies, this was used to dispose of people by turning them completely into Adipose.

-- (my internal reaction as I read that = "...oh, my... what?!... wow... cool... what the... holy... interesting... OMG...")

...and with *that*, I was freaking *hooked* (I simply *must* see this show!)... :)

My failed attempt to 'not get sucked into' the vortex-ified 'world' of yet another sci-fi franchise has now met with its seemingly pre-destined demise... in this context, the fait accompli -esque mantra of "resistance is futile...you *will* be assimilated..." (no truer (or more freak-out-ishly creepy, monotonically uttered) words were ever spoken by the almighty Borg, of Star Trek lore) would seem to be my 'fate' (as well as that of many others), when in the 'orbit' of the 'gravitational pull' of the 'world' of Dr. Who.

(All that being said, the unexpected detour into learning of Dr. Who's Adipose beings has taken me right back to thinking about marshmallows, unfortunately... and while this could result in my having a nightmare tonight, perhaps involving a Peeps contingent commanding an army of marshmallows-the-size-of-dolls'-heads, courtesy of memory-based 'crosstalk' happening in my mind, while dreaming, that's a small price to pay for having experienced my 'watershed moment', when it comes to 'triggered onset' of Dr. Who viewing... ;) )

...but in the end, my pending addiction to Dr. Who, sparked in passing while catching up on the neverending stream of fun posts in this thread (and which include countless bits of interesting insight, helpful responses, playful banter, smile and/or laugh-inducing retorts, and confessions ranging from the utterly delightful and oh-so-comically-human -to- would-hesitate-admitting-this-to-anyone examples of bravery that are met so often with confirmation of said confession-based specific(s) being understandable, and/or that others feel, think, and/or do 'the same' thing, too), this all just goes to show... that 'going to Confession' (here, anyway :) ) can lead to all kinds of unexpectedly lifechanging moments...! :)

(Thank You!)

Welcome to the fandom ;) That is indeed the most eloquent submission to the irresistable community of Whovians I've ever had the pleasure of reading!

Just don't watch the one with the Weeping Angels. Scares the S*** out of me every time and I can't walk past a statue without keeping my eyes on it. Just don't look into their eyes...

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

I have screen grabs from that Doctor Who weeping angel recording as a screen saver set to go off in intervals. So it looks like she is getting closer.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »
    We are expecting severe weather tonight... Tornado and severe thunderstorm watch.

When my son was a few days old, we had a large tree fall during a bad storm. It missed the room I was nursing in by literally a foot. I heard it break and crash and thought we were goners. It was the most terrifying moment of my life. It did $10,000 worth of damage to our house and garage and totaled my car (landed on top and smashed the frame).

So, the confession part is that I totally have undiagnosed PTSD from that experience and have horrible anxiety in any type of bad weather. Since I don't have any Xanax handy, I medicated with gelato and nachos. My stomach hurts and I'm still scared.

That does sound horrifically scary. Glad you and the baby were OK, and hope the gelato did the trick for you.
  • Lois_1989
    Kalici wrote: »

(Thank You!)

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

I have screen grabs from that Doctor Who weeping angel recording as a screen saver set to go off in intervals. So it looks like she is getting closer.

Yea I've heard about this, I think I would end up a crying mess if I saw that...
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member

(Thank You!)

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

Yea I've heard about this, I think I would end up a crying mess if I saw that...

Well, it does freak me out a little bit, but in a good way. Or at least in a way that I appreciate. ;)

• Lois_1989

(Thank You!)

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

Well, it does freak me out a little bit, but in a good way. Or at least in a way that I appreciate. ;)

Ha ha it's funny, out of all the creatures and episodes of Dr.Who it's only the Weeping Angels that get me. And maybe the Vashta Nerada (yes, I did have to Google the spelling). Possibly because they seem reasonably plausible...
  • spamarie
    edited April 2015
    Someone should have warned me there'd be weeping angels. *BLINKS*
  • Lois_1989
    DON'T BLINK! *Blinks* damn it's catching...
  • spamarie
    My stars have not aligned this month.

Easter fell at the TOM, which while not an excuse to eat tons of chocolate certainly makes it more difficult. No problem, I will do some extra exercise, it will help with the chocolate whoopsies and make my cramps go away. Double win. Except I tweaked my back *while asleep* a couple of days ago. You don't mess around with back problems, so it's full rest until I feel better. There goes the extra chocolate calories. Here come the cramps. Deep joy.

In good news, TOM is done, Easter chocolate overkill wasn't actually that bad, and my back is getting better. But I've missed two swims now and I'm getting grumpy about it.
  • Lois_1989
    Swimming should be ok with a bad back. I thought that's why most people swim, that why I swim half the time. lol Sorry to hear about your bad month, but at least it is only a month right? It will pass and your onto the next one. :smile:
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

When I was a kid I liked my chocolate milk lumpy because I liked the taste of the wet powder chunks. Next time mix a little milk (dairy or non-dairy, what ever) with the powder and it's like a powdery chocolate paste. It's good, trust.

^^^ - don't have a confession as of yet... but when I was younger I would add dry coffee creamer to milk and drink that... (actually eat it with a spoon)...loved the texture of that for some reason. Your post reminded me of that :)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)