Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.

My husband has tried to teach me so many times, and I just cannot do it. I'm fine once I get going, even pretty decent with the clutch/gas/shifting dance, but it's the getting going out of a complete stop that I can't master. I just gave up. I will NEVER need to know how to drive a manual car and if I do, I can get by, but that would only be necessary if my husband has already become a zombie and I've had to put him down.

We'll team up in the Zombie apocalypse. I'll drive if it's a stick.

Sounds good! What will my job be?! I don't want to be zombie bait. I am a pretty good shot and I think I could wield a mean samurai sword.

I'm going to ask for one for Christmas! :smiley:

ETA: Ooh, or a crossbow!

I have a compound bow already!! Can I team up? :#
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.

My husband has tried to teach me so many times, and I just cannot do it. I'm fine once I get going, even pretty decent with the clutch/gas/shifting dance, but it's the getting going out of a complete stop that I can't master. I just gave up. I will NEVER need to know how to drive a manual car and if I do, I can get by, but that would only be necessary if my husband has already become a zombie and I've had to put him down.

Sounds good! What will my job be?! I don't want to be zombie bait. I am a pretty good shot and I think I could wield a mean samurai sword.

I don't have any weapons, but I can bring some Dr Pepper :smiley:

YES to both of you! Who's in for bringing the Quest Bars and kettle cooked chips?!

I got that!!

SWEET!!! I live in KS and @quiksylver296 lives in Idaho, where should we meet up? Nebraska, South Dakota?

I will drive straight up from Texas! pick you up in KS!

I have guns, ammo, and usually at least 4 boxes of Quest bars. :p

I will have my bow, guns and ammo and lots of Kettle chips!

I would offer to join, but I will be dead. I am Canadian and have never fired a gun in my life!

There are options: http://www.museumreplicas.com/s-90-zombie-apocalypse.aspx
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

My husband is a mechanic. He has worked in the past with other mechanics who don't know how to drive a stick. They need someone else to pull them in and out of the garage for them. THOSE are the ones I judge. Those, and the ones who sign up for The Amazing Race without learning to drive one first.

That is exactly where my mind went when this subject came up!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Confession: Right after reading that, my mind seemed to react as though ShibaEars had just delivered the last line of dialogue in a TWD-inspired Dr Pepper commercial... and I suddenly 'heard' the words, "be a Pepper...drink Dr Pepper..." being sung (in my mind), to 'close out' the commercial...

Interesting (and dare I say, *relevant* (?!) ;) ) Fact: The man who wrote the Dr Pepper "Be a Pepper" jingle is the same man who wrote the music for the U.S. Army recruitment jingle 'Be All That You Can Be'..." -- and given the 'recruitment drive', for populating that stick shift, samurai sword, and compound bow -defended "mobile command unit"... Dr Pepper would seem to be an ideal form of refreshment, for consumption while fending off all manner of zombie apocalyptic riff-raff (let alone, when recruiting any additional non-infected, weapon-yielding support personnel)... yes, indeed -- it'll put some pep in your step(/stab/shot/sword-skewering)... ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I start my new job on Wednesday and I'm super excited cause all I've done the last four months is exercise, try to find a job, and watch tv/read.

Awesome! Good luck!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    It is petty and small of me, but I enjoy going back to my hometown for events (one is coming up in 3 weeks). I take an unhealthy, evil delight in seeing how the worm has turned in the past 25 years. >:)

(Not that I even think about my hometown unless I have to go back for a social function. Then, it's made utterly bearable with thoughts of, well. . .pure cattiness.)

Along the same lines. While we were out and about a few weeks ago, I saw a girl I went to high school with. She was always prettier, more popular, wealthier, blah, blah, blah. I looked like crap, it was a Saturday and we were running errands so I wasn't trying to impress anyone, so I made sure she didn't see me. Anywho, my husband saw her and said, "Hey, didn't you go to school with her?!" I said, "Yeah, I did her name is Mandy."

And this is why I love this man...

He says, "Wow! She looks REALLY old! Way older than you!"

I wanted to make out with him right there in the middle of the candy store!

I have one of those... her name is Kelly. She was attractive, fit (without trying), cool and always had a flock of men drooling over her... needless to say, I did not. When I first saw a movie with Angelina Jolie in it, she reminded me of Kelly -- same mannerisms.

I hadn't laid eyes on her in years until a couple weeks ago. I was walking across the parking lot to the supermarket and kind of admiring the rear view of a woman walking ahead of me, in a "Damn her for having the fashion sense to accentuate her body so perfectly, and no matter how hard I work I will never have an a** that good" way.

She stopped to talk to someone and, in passing, I recognized Kelly. Unfortunately she still looks a gazillion times better than me. :'( And I rushed through my shopping so I wouldn't run into her in the store and have to chat with her. Yes, I let jealousy eat at me for a while after that.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Add me to the bad mood party...

I have a UTI, and I'm so cranky about it. I went to the doctor, and they won't prescribe me antibiotics until the lab work comes back. I've just been eating tons of chips to make myself feel better.

I'm way over committed this week, I feel like garbage, and I just want to lay on the couch and eat cake. Woe is me.

Scoot over and pass a fork. I like your eating chips coping mechanism too. Maybe that's what I need to do. Just eat kettle cooked chips and drink Dr. Pepper.

I got an email for a new pizza at Pizza Hut and I got an immense craving for the PH buffet. Maybe I can talk my husband into doing that for dinner if he doesn't feel like cooking, which I'm sure he won't because he threw a big hissy fit about being the only one that cooks in our house. In my defense, I hate cooking. Not much of a defense, but there it is.

Wait, I thought we were having cake! Mmmmmmm, cake....

We ARE having cake, but I want chips and DP too. I'm sure there's enough room for the 3 of us, right @Talkradio ?!

Absolutely.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Me too! My girls both learned how to drive in my car because I think they should know how to drive a stick.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

Confession, I can't drive an automatic. I just can't make them go forward. I love my manual. But being in England manuals are everywhere. I was given the option of automatic small van or manual beast of a van to move at work the other day. I chose the beast.
  • ReverendNewman
    ReverendNewman Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No judgements? I put 5, count 'em 5 TABLESPOONS of sugar AND a half cup of lite cream in my coffee. I have about 2 large cups a day like that. I think I counted 400 calories a cup. AND I don't add that to my food log. Who am I kidding!
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

YES to both of you! Who's in for bringing the Quest Bars and kettle cooked chips?!

I got that!!

SWEET!!! I live in KS and @quiksylver296 lives in Idaho, where should we meet up? Nebraska, South Dakota?

I may know where to find an awesome, tricked out Armored Personnel Carrier. I would have to steal it, but all is forgiven in a Zombie apocalypse, right?

If that doesn't work, I live about a half hour from the Humvee factory.

Wait- I want in! Is there room for one more? I live in North Dakota, it is only about 8 hours to Mt. Rushmore for me. I have my 30/30 and ammo ready. I can bring cases of water to go with the quest bars and kettle chips.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I got that!!

I would offer to join, but I will be dead. I am Canadian and have never fired a gun in my life!

There are options: http://www.museumreplicas.com/s-90-zombie-apocalypse.aspx

I will meet you, after I make my run to Cabela's for knives and ammunition.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

Me too. Sooooooooo much.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I got that!!

South Dakota - Mt. Rushmore seems like a good spot

I was thinking Mt. Rushmore too, Quik! I think we really ARE twins! Either that, or you can totally read my thoughts. :smiley:

• MoHousdon
    Options

I got that!!

Okay! I will have my sword, crossbow, and zombie @ss kicking boots on and ready to go. I tend to run late though, so you may want to tell me you're going to be here sooner than you really will that way I'm ready to go!

• MoHousdon
    edited April 2015
    Options

I got that!!

Okay! I will have my sword, crossbow, and zombie @ss kicking boots on and ready to go. I tend to run late though, so you may want to tell me you're going to be here sooner than you really will that way I'm ready to go!

ETA: Love the new profile picture even though it threw me off guard for a second. :smile:

I got that!!

I may know where to find an awesome, tricked out Armored Personnel Carrier. I would have to steal it, but all is forgiven in a Zombie apocalypse, right?

Darn right! Plus, more than likely, law enforcement will be taken out first (present company excluded of course).

ETA: I can't figure out how editing works today. :neutral:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I start my new job on Wednesday and I'm super excited cause all I've done the last four months is exercise, try to find a job, and watch tv/read.

Congratulations! Let us know how it goes!

• MoHousdon
    Options

I got that!!

You can use my sword! Don't fret. I got you!

• StapfJ
    StapfJ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My 10 yo dog started limping a few days ago. I took her to the vet. I spent $550 and he told me she needs ACL surgery. That's another $2,500. He said there is a greater than 70% chance she will have to have the other leg done too..... that's at least $2,500 more.

I'm having a really hard time with it. I love her but that is a TON of money. I feel like a horrible owner, but I keep thinking about how I can find a way to not do it.

She's not in "that" much pain, but she is not that great either - just kind of quiet.

I'm trying to justify it in my head even though I know I'm supposed to just do the surgery. I'm so bummed.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Confession: Right after reading that, my mind seemed to react as though ShibaEars had just delivered the last line of dialogue in a TWD-inspired Dr Pepper commercial... and I suddenly 'heard' the words, "be a Pepper...drink Dr Pepper..." being sung (in my mind), to 'close out' the commercial...

Interesting (and dare I say, *relevant* (?!) ;) ) Fact: The man who wrote the Dr Pepper "Be a Pepper" jingle is the same man who wrote the music for the U.S. Army recruitment jingle 'Be All That You Can Be'..." -- and given the 'recruitment drive', for populating that stick shift, samurai sword, and compound bow -defended "mobile command unit"... Dr Pepper would seem to be an ideal form of refreshment, for consumption while fending off all manner of zombie apocalyptic riff-raff (let alone, when recruiting any additional non-infected, weapon-yielding support personnel)... yes, indeed -- it'll put some pep in your step(/stab/shot/sword-skewering)... ;)

Should liking DP be a pre-requisite for joining our anti-zombie gang?! None of that diet crap either.

What should we call ourselves?! These are important questions should this even ever come to pass.

Also, who's the "leader" of the gang?!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »

I got that!!

If that doesn't work, I live about a half hour from the Humvee factory.

Wait- I want in! Is there room for one more? I live in North Dakota, it is only about 8 hours to Mt. Rushmore for me. I have my 30/30 and ammo ready. I can bring cases of water to go with the quest bars and kettle chips.

Yes! The more the merrier!