Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Also, in my forensics class we were discussing a local case where a man had murdered his wife, and this one douchehammer said that "she probably cheated on him". Turns out I can't set people on fire with my mind :(

Maybe if we all squeeze our eyes shut and concentrate really hard!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.

My husband has tried to teach me so many times, and I just cannot do it. I'm fine once I get going, even pretty decent with the clutch/gas/shifting dance, but it's the getting going out of a complete stop that I can't master. I just gave up. I will NEVER need to know how to drive a manual car and if I do, I can get by, but that would only be necessary if my husband has already become a zombie and I've had to put him down.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.

My husband has tried to teach me so many times, and I just cannot do it. I'm fine once I get going, even pretty decent with the clutch/gas/shifting dance, but it's the getting going out of a complete stop that I can't master. I just gave up. I will NEVER need to know how to drive a manual car and if I do, I can get by, but that would only be necessary if my husband has already become a zombie and I've had to put him down.

We'll team up in the Zombie apocalypse. I'll drive if it's a stick.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Add me to the bad mood party...

I have a UTI, and I'm so cranky about it. I went to the doctor, and they won't prescribe me antibiotics until the lab work comes back. I've just been eating tons of chips to make myself feel better.

I'm way over committed this week, I feel like garbage, and I just want to lay on the couch and eat cake. Woe is me.

Scoot over and pass a fork. I like your eating chips coping mechanism too. Maybe that's what I need to do. Just eat kettle cooked chips and drink Dr. Pepper.

I got an email for a new pizza at Pizza Hut and I got an immense craving for the PH buffet. Maybe I can talk my husband into doing that for dinner if he doesn't feel like cooking, which I'm sure he won't because he threw a big hissy fit about being the only one that cooks in our house. In my defense, I hate cooking. Not much of a defense, but there it is.

• quiksylver296
    Options

I have a UTI, and I'm so cranky about it. I went to the doctor, and they won't prescribe me antibiotics until the lab work comes back. I've just been eating tons of chips to make myself feel better.

I'm way over committed this week, I feel like garbage, and I just want to lay on the couch and eat cake. Woe is me.

Scoot over and pass a fork. I like your eating chips coping mechanism too. Maybe that's what I need to do. Just eat kettle cooked chips and drink Dr. Pepper.

I got an email for a new pizza at Pizza Hut and I got an immense craving for the PH buffet. Maybe I can talk my husband into doing that for dinner if he doesn't feel like cooking, which I'm sure he won't because he threw a big hissy fit about being the only one that cooks in our house. In my defense, I hate cooking. Not much of a defense, but there it is.

Wait, I thought we were having cake! Mmmmmmm, cake....
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

*raises hand* Me :/

The guy I was dating when I was 16 tried to teach me on his ancient POS Datsun... I couldn't budge the shifter, although admittedly I was trying to use my left hand. Following that embarrassing little episode, I never made another attempt to learn.

Early in my career I had to juggle a huge two-way radio (yes, before the invention of the cell phone, lol) plus smoke and usually drink a coffee while driving. I'd never have managed all that and shifting gears too.
    I may be a little obsessed with getting more and more fit.

Sometimes I feel the same way. Like I'm never going to be satisfied with my body.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I hereby certify that today is ...
    Chocolate-Cake-Day.png
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

My husband is a mechanic. He has worked in the past with other mechanics who don't know how to drive a stick. They need someone else to pull them in and out of the garage for them. THOSE are the ones I judge. Those, and the ones who sign up for The Amazing Race without learning to drive one first.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Me, too! When we bought this car, the girl working at the car lot had to have someone else pull it into the garage because she didn't know how to drive a stick. I was thinking, 'you gotta be freakin' kidding me! You work at a freakin' car lot!"

I prefer to drive a stick, but they are hard to find these days (in newer, full sized trucks). The joke around here is that having a stick is the best auto theft deterrent. So many people don't know how to drive them anymore that they are less likely to be stolen.

A few years ago someone stole a vehicle from the parking lot where I park. Dude barely made it out of the parking lot because the car was a stick and he kept killing it. Had no idea how to drive it. The car owner RAN after him and recovered his own car. Stupid.
  • MoHousdon
    edited April 2015
    Options

Sounds good! What will my job be?! I don't want to be zombie bait. I am a pretty good shot and I think I could wield a mean samurai sword.

I'm going to ask for one for Christmas! :smiley:

ETA: Ooh, or a crossbow!

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to drive a stick. We had to on simulator in drivers ed, I didn't do well. I tried once or twice on an actual car, yeah didn't do well there either.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When I get those horrible hungry weeks from PMS I'm terrified that I'm never going to be able to feel satisfied on 1800 calories again and I'll end up regaining all the weight, because there's just no way I can deal with that hunger on a permanent basis.

I'm half tempted to just say 'screw this' and have a massive cheat meal tonight. Good thing my daughter is sick so we can't really go out to eat.

Will take another pregnancy test tomorrow morning if nothing has changed...

Being a woman sucks.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

My husband is a mechanic. He has worked in the past with other mechanics who don't know how to drive a stick. They need someone else to pull them in and out of the garage for them. THOSE are the ones I judge. Those, and the ones who sign up for The Amazing Race without learning to drive one first.

Uh, yes! How do you just give up?
  • MoHousdon
    Options

We ARE having cake, but I want chips and DP too. I'm sure there's enough room for the 3 of us, right @Talkradio ?!

• quiksylver296
    Options

Sounds good! What will my job be?! I don't want to be zombie bait. I am a pretty good shot and I think I could wield a mean samurai sword.

You can hang out the window and shoot things until we run out of gas. Then when we get an automatic car with gas in it, I get to hang out the window...
  • quiksylver296
    Options

We ARE having cake, but I want chips and DP too. I'm sure there's enough room for the 3 of us, right @Talkradio ?!

I bet it's a big couch, a sectional even.
  • kayygregg
    kayygregg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

^^this is honestly a really good idea, I might need to start doing this!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It is petty and small of me, but I enjoy going back to my hometown for events (one is coming up in 3 weeks). I take an unhealthy, evil delight in seeing how the worm has turned in the past 25 years. >:)

(Not that I even think about my hometown unless I have to go back for a social function. Then, it's made utterly bearable with thoughts of, well. . .pure cattiness.)
  • MoHousdon
    Options

You can hang out the window and shoot things until we run out of gas. Then when we get an automatic car with gas in it, I get to hang out the window...

DEAL!!!

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

I have a compound bow already!! Can I team up? :#