Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    diane0512 wrote: »
    I have a diet soda habit. I never log them.

My husband doesn't either.

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    i just mowed down 3 skinny cow bars with rainbow sprinkles. i don't think that's what they had in mind...

I didn't realize these existed--I want one now!!! Sprinkles are AWESOME! I also hear you on eating three of them....I could easily do that.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If I need extra calories for the day, I will google calorie counts for the most mundane of activities (Laundry, grocery shopping) just to add them back in... I know I'm only cheating myself, but that's how I justify it to myself :wink: and to Will_Run_For_Food... when we were kids, my sister and I used to roll white bread up into a ball, spread it with butter and then roll it in the hot chocolate powder to make our own "munchkins" LOL

In the Court of Extreme Defenses (a non-existent 'MFP tribunal' that I just 'made up' (for the purpose of this post ;) )), I would venture to say that your Defense Attorney might argue that even if you googled a calorie count for "breathing - while lying motionless", it would seem to not officially overlap with the BMR portion of TDEE, if only because you'd be conscious (versus sleeping), and somewhat stressed (trying to figure out what other 'avenue of activity' to google ;) -- and stress can technically result in a different calorie burn rate (though whether that difference were above or below what is captured within TDEE could be left for debate -- and reasonable doubt is all you'd need! ;P ))...

(Note: I'm conveniently ignoring the holes in that 'argument' (logic and otherwise), and assume that the trial prep for the attorney in question is such that they'll stand ready to deliver (just in case!) an Oscar-worthy performance of fifteen words from Al Pacino's opening statement from "And Justice For All" ("You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order!")... ;) )

Oh, and the following article has some URL text that would seem to 'speak to' that specific form of a highly-sought-after 'holy grail'... :smile:

http://observer.com/2013/07/in-the-future-we-can-exercise-by-lying-motionless-on-the-couch/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had Biscoff cookie spread in my shopping cart this weekend. I put it back. I'm not sure if I'm proud or sad.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had Biscoff cookie spread in my shopping cart this weekend. I put it back. I'm not sure if I'm proud or sad.

I need to remind myself to do this when those things jump in my cart like that. ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Who says you only get one?!

Me, kinda. But I may have to break my own self-made rule...

Treat Yo Self! I sure hope you get that reference, but if I remember right, you don't want that show so you won't. Trust me, it's a good and rather appropriate statement!

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I bought the Carol's Cookies tshirt and I cannot wait to wear it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My self-control is categorically awful. I'm pretty good at restricting when I'm at work, or home alone, but I feel obligated to eat my normal (read: excessive) quantities at home when I'm with my family, especially around my sister. Then I end up binging because OM NOM NOM FOOD, and because I'm ravenous, and I'm so ashamed of myself that I don't log the calories, or simply punch in "1000 calories" so I don't have to write something like "I drank too much" or "I was at a Chinese buffet and well..."

There are some foods where I can't eat just one bite. I'll eat a bite... and another... and another... and before you know it I've downed the entire container. I envy my sister's ability to eat miniscule quantities of food and be satisfied. I've taken to drinking broth with my dinner so I can eat a small/normal portion and still feel satisfied... but the sodium is so high orz

Oh yeah. I know some people who can have a tiny piece of cake and be satisfied and I'm seriously really jealous of them. Sure, I've improved a lot with moderation, but I still have to have seconds of dessert during events etc... just can't help it!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    There are some foods where I can't eat just one bite. I'll eat a bite... and another... and another... and before you know it I've downed the entire container.

I think we all have those foods. Now, most of the time I will take a serving and put the rest away. Mine:

- Salt and vinegar chips/Doritos/Honey BBQ Fritos/Hot & Spicy Cheez-its/pork rinds/beef jerky
    - marshmallow fluff
    - m&m's
    - cookies
    - pork and cabbage dumplings
    - my mom's stuffed cabbage rolls
    - stuffing and gravy

• quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Who says you only get one?!

Me, kinda. But I may have to break my own self-made rule...

Treat Yo Self! I sure hope you get that reference, but if I remember right, you don't want that show so you won't. Trust me, it's a good and rather appropriate statement!

Oh, believe me, it's not that I don't treat myself. I'm pretty spoiled. I have a fancy car that sits in the garage (that we didn't buy new). I'm just ticked that my first new car is a tiny little clown car.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Rashmi411 wrote: »
    I am now 170lbs I spent 2 years going from 191 to 123. I had the help of a fabulous online trainer. I ate 2 cinnabons yesterday with at least 64 grams of carbs each. My exercise has been off. I;ve been feeling sad that my ex died. My current boyfriend calls me names. We broke up when I was 135lbs. I started going out with him again at 151. He calls me fatty or fat *kitten*, thunder thighs. I know I am responsible for my weight. My exercising was so strong when I lost weight the first time. Many days I get hungry and eat over the limit. My preparation isn't the best. Plus I am drinking 2-3 glasses of water. I know I can turn this around. My fitnesspal helped me once but its so easy to gain weight back. The biggest thing I've said is I'll start tomorrow. That's BS. I will not say that again to let me be unhealthy today. I got this...

Well you can drop 160 pounds easily by dropping your jerk of a boyfriend, IMO.

And I'm sorry your ex died :(

Exactly what I thought. You deserve so much better!

Me too! Me too! You are worth much more than that!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I may be a little obsessed with getting more and more fit.

That sounds like a good thing...unless you're causing injuries from over-training or something.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love ribs! For me ribs>pasta and I love pasta too. There is something about the sweet juicy meat that is sooooo good.

Same here.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.

Me, too! When we bought this car, the girl working at the car lot had to have someone else pull it into the garage because she didn't know how to drive a stick. I was thinking, 'you gotta be freakin' kidding me! You work at a freakin' car lot!"
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Rashmi411 wrote: »
    I am now 170lbs I spent 2 years going from 191 to 123. I had the help of a fabulous online trainer. I ate 2 cinnabons yesterday with at least 64 grams of carbs each. My exercise has been off. I;ve been feeling sad that my ex died. My current boyfriend calls me names. We broke up when I was 135lbs. I started going out with him again at 151. He calls me fatty or fat *kitten*, thunder thighs. I know I am responsible for my weight. My exercising was so strong when I lost weight the first time. Many days I get hungry and eat over the limit. My preparation isn't the best. Plus I am drinking 2-3 glasses of water. I know I can turn this around. My fitnesspal helped me once but its so easy to gain weight back. The biggest thing I've said is I'll start tomorrow. That's BS. I will not say that again to let me be unhealthy today. I got this...

You are responsible for your weight, but you are not responsible for his mouth. Don't let him talk to you like that. You can definitely turn this around! You've done it before you can do it again.

E.T.A. I am very sorry for your loss.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Growing up, I always gave my dad *kitten* because he only bought cash cars, kept them alive as long as possible, and then when it died, he'd buy another clunker. I always said I'd never be like that.

Aaaand now my 15 yr old car is in the shop again, and I'm crossing my fingers that my mechanic will say "time to junk it" (instead of fixing it again) and FORCE me to get a new one (and it will be NEW.)

However, if he says "I can fix it for $400", the Cheapness DNA in me will fix it & drive it for another year. Thanks, Pops!

Overall, that's not necessarily a bad thing to have! But, it can hinder you at times, particularly if you are repeating a pattern from a parent that you don't necessarily like. If you buy something brand new, what will you get? (I can relate because my dad and I are both the same when it comes to money.)

I wouldn't go overboard. I don't have anything I need to compensate for with a ridiculous car, heh.

Honestly we might just do a 2 yr lease on a economy hatchback, and sock money away for a cash car after the 2 yrs are up.

After the last couple of years of the War Machine, driving a headache-free car sounds like heaven on earth

Sounds reasonable. Good financial plan. And yes, driving something reliable is nice. That's the reason I keep my 2003 Tundra. I know the entire history of it and it runs great. Still looks good, too. I really want a new Tundra because I like the new body-style, but I'm not giving up mine until it dies.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Re: non-cool car, I have a Prius, which I love, but when I bought it the salesperson asked me if I wanted him to tune the radio to NPR, as that's what most women who bought Priuses liked (I mentally inserted "women of a certain age who buy Priuses").

I also really, really want Toyota to make a ridiculous luxury/sporty version of the Prius for those going through midlife crises and name it the Toyota Priapus. It would just be so perfect.

That's exactly when that salesperson would have lost my business!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Add me to the bad mood party...

I have a UTI, and I'm so cranky about it. I went to the doctor, and they won't prescribe me antibiotics until the lab work comes back. I've just been eating tons of chips to make myself feel better.

I'm way over committed this week, I feel like garbage, and I just want to lay on the couch and eat cake. Woe is me.