Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Confession:

My 12 year old daughter has started taking ALOT of pictures with her cell phone. This weekend she took more pictures of me than I've had taken in years. Seriously, it was only around a dozen pictures of me and my husband but I never have my picture taken. I'm over 25 pounds down since January and I cannot believe how huge I am! How fat was I before?!?

I am keeping all of them. I keep thinking they will be great for my before /after pictures in a year or two. It's frustrating though. I feel awesome so it seems like I should look awesome too!

Then that's all that matters! Remember: we are our own worst critics and pictures can be very unflattering depending on lighting and angles and such. Don't let this waylay you! Yes, just keep them somewhere for "before" pictures if you wish. Keep on moving ahead!
  • Epaho
    Epaho Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Between June 2014 and December 2014 I lost over 20lbs. In the last three months I've waffled in a range of 10 lbs and cannot get past the plateau barrier. Instead of using this as a reason to re-evaluate and re-focus, I let it get the better of me and I'm now only 10lb off my June 2014 start. And yet all I want is chocolate, beer, and lazy TV watching. I don't know how to get out of this and I'm scared I won't.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm incredibly annoyed by the way my company structures pay scales for various positions. I recently learned that I have people reporting to me who make significantly (I'm talking 35% in one case!) more than I do.

I haven't spent more than two and a half years without being promoted (during my 7 years with the company). It makes me think I should be less ambitious, so I don't keep getting plopped at the bottom of my pay grade.

Less serious confession: I like wearing polka dots and stripes because it reminds me of being little and pretending I was a leopard or a tiger.

How did you find out? Depending on how it was discovered, is there a way to schedule a meeting with your supervisor / manager / whomever to discuss a pay raise? Sometimes it's just a simple fact of not addressing it, so the higher-ups just let it slide. I'd be seriously annoyed at that, so I hope you can address this and get it fixed!

As their supervisor, I sign-off on their timecards, which include their wages. I'll also be responsible for inputting merit increase data when the time rolls around again, so I would be well aware at that point. All on the up and up.

The issue results from them being much longer tenured employees, so they've reached the top of their pay range, while I was making less than my new position's bottom (having "only" been here 7 years), so the powers that be were able to just bump me to there and call it good. The company has strict rules for where you can start based on experience/previous salary, how large a raise you can get based on where you are in the range, etc.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    rotterholt wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

This is the movie that made me officially say "I will no longer watch animal movies". Not ever. Even now, the trauma hasn't faded. *sob*

I can't watch Blackfish or The Cove, also John Wick trapped me in a puppy murder scene, and while I don't cry, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Confession: Us not having kids and rescuing cats & dogs instead has made us much more in tune with animals as sentinent beings. So much so that we can't eat beef anymore...or any mammals for that matter. Too intelligent.

(Fish & chicken , on the other hand...they're just walking/swimming food with a chip that helps them breathe, breed & flee from danger, lawl.)
    Thirdly (***disclaimer: this is not to try to change your or anyone's views) chickens are a lot smarter than we give them credit for: http://www.humanesociety.org/news/magazines/2014/05-06/who-you-calling-birdbrain-chicken-intelligence.html

I read this article last year and was impressed. Just wanted to share.

Thank you for sharing that link.

I recall seeing a fascinating video back in 2000 (hard to believe it's been 15 years) titled "The Natural History of the Chicken" (which isn't, despite its title, the kind of 'history' one might expect -- it's more a recounting of some remarkable anecdotes), and while the film was quite interesting, I nonetheless found myself in tears, and profoundly moved, by the story about a chicken named Liza, who was the subject of a beautiful recollective piece written by Joseph Tauer, titled, "Call Me Chicken".

A write-up in the LATimes, from 2001, mentions the tribute to Liza, and her story, in an article written about the film --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Reenacted, too, is the final segment delivering the film's message about respect, with a pastor, Joseph Tauer, reading his ode to the late, great Japanese silky bantam hen, Liza, and her "great depth of chicken wisdom." Rebutting that old saw equating chickens with cowardice, Tauer recalls witnessing Liza's "supreme, heroic and selfless act" the day a hawk dove at her helpless chicks in rural Texas. So much for chickens being "chicken."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/jul/09/entertainment/ca-20198/2
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    My kids came to visit and I'm glad they left already....it was fun but terribly exhausting.

Same here! We did Easter brunch at our house @ 10:00AM on Sunday. By 12:30PM I was about to pull my hair out: 2 yr. old granddaughter was crying because she didn't want to leave, 5 mo. old grandson was crying because he was tired, 9 yr. old grandson was yelling at the 2 yr. old for stealing his candy. Ugh. Love them all to pieces, but boy am I happy to be past that phase! We managed to shuffle them all out to their next grandparent destination and I sat out on my back deck with a book the rest of the day.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess, while trying not to judge, that I am annoyed that so many posts on this thread have become novellas. There are several posts that are a half page long...and ain't nobody got time for that. I may just be cranky because I am trying to catch up since Thursday!

I confess I skipped the long posts.

Me too
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly annoyed by the way my company structures pay scales for various positions. I recently learned that I have people reporting to me who make significantly (I'm talking 35% in one case!) more than I do.

I haven't spent more than two and a half years without being promoted (during my 7 years with the company). It makes me think I should be less ambitious, so I don't keep getting plopped at the bottom of my pay grade.

That's BS! Can you look for another job?
    I was catfished for a year. :'(

I had to google it too but wow, that would suck. I'm sorry.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Cat got out yesterday, she's 16 years old and blind in one eye and has never been outside, I worry for her.

I also dream of my house being hair free, not stepping in hacked up furballs in the middle of the night.

This is a 50/50 for me.

I'm sorry your cat got out but the end of your confession made me giggle! :p
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I just threw out pretty much a whole pear. I ate a few bites and it was over-ripe to the point of being a tasteless mouthful of wet sand. Blech.

I wasted calories on a whole plum (I ate the whole thing) yesterday, even though it was as mediocre as I figured it would be when it appeared in the WF in early April.

I love good plums so much I bought two despite my misgivings.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I just threw out pretty much a whole pear. I ate a few bites and it was over-ripe to the point of being a tasteless mouthful of wet sand. Blech.

I wasted calories on a whole plum (I ate the whole thing) yesterday, even though it was as mediocre as I figured it would be when it appeared in the WF in early April.

I love good plums so much I bought two despite my misgivings.

Mannnn, I hate that :confused:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying the Cheerios thread way too much.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

I'm working on it. I have a trip at the end of month to see my folks, so I didn't want to get all "Hire me now! But then I have to go to California for 6 days!" but I've done some research into other companies and will start dropping resumes very soon.

Confession: I don't feel guilty about this, even though I know they're not at all prepared to replace me.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I went and found that... Just wow.

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I'd love to ride bikes for exercise, but I don't know how! I never learned how to ride a bike and I feel like I'm too old to learn now lol

Minus the exercising, my boyfriend is the same way hehe
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Where is this I can't find it! :(
  • NaThemba
    NaThemba Posts: 1
    Options

I'm working on it. I have a trip at the end of month to see my folks, so I didn't want to get all "Hire me now! But then I have to go to California for 6 days!" but I've done some research into other companies and will start dropping resumes very soon.

Confession: I don't feel guilty about this, even though I know they're not at all prepared to replace me.

Been there. Done that. Tired of being exploited, so took the first position I could find (making 50% more) six months later. No regrets.

I'm not supposed to be judgmental, but if you have "ethical" regrets about scouting a new position, then shame on you. Go for it. Wish you all the best.
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Confession- I am infatuated with a tv charector. I know the season is like way way way over, but I loved/love "Tate" from the first season of American horror story. Even though he is supposed to be the bad guy. And dead. And a teenager.

We were just talking about Tate last night with the kids (I'm a parent of 5 teenagers, and don't bother to filter their media). The girls think he's sexy, and regardless of his character name from the other seasons, every year we continue to call him Tate. ;)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Where is this I can't find it! :(

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10127032/how-to-make-regular-cheerios-taste-good/p1

Although I haven't read any of it. 28 pages!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Yeah, I had completely missed that. Not sure if I'm grateful to Francl27 for mentioning it or not.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lemon629 wrote: »
    1. 1. Last Thursday I forgot to feed my cat before I left for work. (Not only that, but I also didn't give him as much food for his midnight snack as usual the night before.) When I got home, his water bowl was completely dry and his food bowl was empty and he was HANGRY! He ended up eating too fast and throwing it up. :'(

4. It sort of embarrasses me that I am almost 45 years old and this stuff with my parents still gets to me so much, but I did not see it with my mother until I was in my early 30s and it took me a long time to see her behavior for what it was. Either I was blind or she was on good behavior the period in which we got along, age 23-30. My father has always been nuts, but instead of mellowing in his old age he seems to be getting worse-- very manipulative and controlling.

I've made my cats hangry a time or two, accidentally of course. They are little piggies though. But I know how it feels, 'pets' are like our kids!

I have 'parental' issues with my parents too. I have past resentments to get over, yet I haven't and don't always know how to work through the past feelings. Things are on better terms NOW but they are not always perfect (and they won't be of course) but at times it still feels like 'walking on egg shells' tension. My parents are divorced too.