Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Last confession for the day: I hate it when people are early. I understand why some people think being late is rude, but I think turning up earlier than you said you were going to is a lot more inconsiderate.

Really? Not judging, but just trying to understand. If I am early to meet with someone, I'll just lol at myself and plonk myself down to wait. My mother is a perennial early-runner, my father is always late, I swear they got married just so they'd be on time. My mother gets it from her parents; on one memorable occasion, we said we'd meet them at a cafe at 11 - we arrived at 10:20, her parents at 10:30!

Although I suppose if they are coming to your house, that is rude, to be early.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Last confession for the day: I hate it when people are early. I understand why some people think being late is rude, but I think turning up earlier than you said you were going to is a lot more inconsiderate.

Really? Not judging, but just trying to understand. If I am early to meet with someone, I'll just lol at myself and plonk myself down to wait. My mother is a perennial early-runner, my father is always late, I swear they got married just so they'd be on time. My mother gets it from her parents; on one memorable occasion, we said we'd meet them at a cafe at 11 - we arrived at 10:20, her parents at 10:30!

Although I suppose if they are coming to your house, that is rude, to be early.

It drives me nuts when people are early to an event at my house. If they're early to meet somewhere, that's their own problem, but I agree that it's really rude to rock up to an event at someones home early. It cuts into prep time and forces you to entertain them rather than doing those last minute things. I also don't like it when client's are early to meetings. I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing making them wait, but often I'm still prepping, or have a previous appointment.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok I was way over anyway, so I figured I'd try a Peeps from my kids' pile. It's not very flavorful. Not bad I guess, but I think I'd rather use those 28 calories on some chocolate or a caramel, lol.

I have an intense dislike for peeps, they're weird and creepy and I thank god my parents never bought them for us growing up!

They're creepy! It feels like their little beady eyes are watching you.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

For me it's all context. If I'm having people over I don't like it if they turn up early, as I'm usually running around at the last minute getting ready and don't expect people early (although I know who might be). If I'm going to someone's house and accidentally end up there early I walk around outside or go to a coffee shop so as to avoid bothering them before the start time. I also generally assume (unless it is stated otherwise or there's a reason, like we are doing something at a specific time) that party guests are assumed to be arriving AFTER the start time, not on the dot. But if we are meeting in a public place/restaurant (which is common for me), I think being late is rude and being early makes no difference (since if someone wants to sit and wait to avoid making me sit and wait by myself, certainly no inconvenience to me!).

Heh, enough opinion on this?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Peeps aren't my fav go-to, but they are like Pumpkin Pie, it kinda wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it. Or pecan pie, my first choice...
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    My confession--I ended up going back and finishing off that chocolate I bought before Easter last night rather than just eating the serving I'd originally planned (which would have fit into my calories). It's not a big deal calorie wise, but I was totally thinking "I'm getting back on plan tomorrow so might as well eat this now or it will be tempting and I'll just eat it later, it's like preparation." That's so typical of my personal brand of fat logic that it annoys me I did this.

Ah, well. It's done and confessed. ;-)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Ok I was way over anyway, so I figured I'd try a Peeps from my kids' pile. It's not very flavorful. Not bad I guess, but I think I'd rather use those 28 calories on some chocolate or a caramel, lol.

I have an intense dislike for peeps, they're weird and creepy and I thank god my parents never bought them for us growing up!

I think I confessed this before, but I irrationally hate all marshmallow related items. I enjoyed roasted them over a fire mainly because it was fun to set them on fire or just turn them black, and the fact that we were supposed to be excited about 'smores always confused me.

With peeps, I firmly believe that no one really likes to eat them, they are just fun to play with or pose or (of course) put in the microwave. Like other people and their weird conspiracy theories, I refuse to give up this idea, no matter what.
  • rofliey
    rofliey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I ate double my caloric intake on Easter D;, oh well I'm kicking my self in the but for that by cutting my intake and upping my exercise. I have no will power(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Smores *drool*
    Instead of a piece of Hershey's chocolate I've always wanted to try a Ghirardelli caramel square instead.
  • lemurcat12
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I enjoyed them! (That's what I had for my Easter candy.) If I'd thought of them with marshmallows I probably would have been able to hold off, though! ;-)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

I've stayed up later than I intended because of this thread.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Welcome to the warmest, fuzziest, most therapeutic thread on MFP!

Nice arm post! Looking good! The sit on the floor weight workout is working!

Thank you! :)

It's a really easy way to fit in a nice little workout... I think @BZAH10 should copyright it, make a workout DVD and rake in $$ :p

YES! Then I can keep up with this thread AND make money at the same time. Great idea!

Can I volunteer to be one of the demonstrators in the video? I can be the "needs improvement" model. :D

Oh, you can BE the person in the video. I hate taking pictures and would absolutely not want to see myself in a video working out. I can devise the program and you can instruct it, deal?

Deal! Except it seems to me there is always more than one person demonstrating the workouts... usually different levels of expertise. So we need more fitness models, not just me solo.

And what a great reason to buy new workout outfits (which is the only clothing I can possibly justify buying these days, lol)!

Yes, we definitely need others for the video. Thing is I really HATE most workout videos! Not sure why. Guess it's the yelling and the excitement! I really love working out, but I'm a quiet, reserved person. I'm not at all into all the "Let's go!" or "Do it with me now!" stuff. Clearly, we need a new, original approach.

But yes, either way, new workout clothes must be purchased! I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to having more workout clothes than regular clothes. And I have several pairs of Asics in every color combination imaginable. I need to cut back on the shopping.

Yes, on hating workout videos. They are always so perky! Drives me insane!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Confession - still PMSing and I really thought I'd make it under my goal tonight... but nope. Also stopped making better choices about 30 minutes ago.

You have really been struggling with this! Does it happen every month like this or is it especially bad this month? Might be good to discuss with your doctor! (hugs)...or were you one of the people that don't like hugs?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just had to confess to my husband that the big tin of chocolates we had in the pantry isn't there anymore. Well... the tin is...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession - still PMSing and I really thought I'd make it under my goal tonight... but nope. Also stopped making better choices about 30 minutes ago.

You have really been struggling with this! Does it happen every month like this or is it especially bad this month? Might be good to discuss with your doctor! (hugs)...or were you one of the people that don't like hugs?

Every month, it just seems to last longer and longer. Typically it takes me a week or two to make up for the extra calories I end up eating. It sucks. I have other signs of premenopause so it could be related too, and I'll bring it up to my doctor next time I see her.

Often too the day starts fine (like yesterday) so I have a bit of ice cream at lunch or something, then I end up regretting it later because I end up starving (yesterday it was after dinner) and I'm out of calories, and I end up 1000 calories over or something.

I can't complain that much I guess because I had 4 great weeks this time, when I really wasn't that hungry and had no problem staying within my calories 95% of the time (if I went over I just ate at maintenance). Although I'm guessing that's normal for most people...

Confession is that I've pretty much decided that I'm never going to switch to maintenance because I'll probably always end up making up for extra calories of my PMS week.
  • Jazzybrass
    Jazzybrass Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    On the subject of marshmallows. I am a science teacher and let my year 8s roast them using a bunsen burner :smiley:
  • kellienw335
    Options

Lol, my kids like them. They enjoyed putting one in the microwave too.

We actually bought more at 50% off today...

Haha putting them in the microwave sounds entertaining! I'd like to watch them get bigger!

Google "Jousting Peeps"! It's fun!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

I've stayed up later than I intended because of this thread.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Welcome to the warmest, fuzziest, most therapeutic thread on MFP!

Nice arm post! Looking good! The sit on the floor weight workout is working!

Thank you! :)

It's a really easy way to fit in a nice little workout... I think @BZAH10 should copyright it, make a workout DVD and rake in $$ :p

YES! Then I can keep up with this thread AND make money at the same time. Great idea!

Can I volunteer to be one of the demonstrators in the video? I can be the "needs improvement" model. :D

Oh, you can BE the person in the video. I hate taking pictures and would absolutely not want to see myself in a video working out. I can devise the program and you can instruct it, deal?

Deal! Except it seems to me there is always more than one person demonstrating the workouts... usually different levels of expertise. So we need more fitness models, not just me solo.

And what a great reason to buy new workout outfits (which is the only clothing I can possibly justify buying these days, lol)!

Yes, we definitely need others for the video. Thing is I really HATE most workout videos! Not sure why. Guess it's the yelling and the excitement! I really love working out, but I'm a quiet, reserved person. I'm not at all into all the "Let's go!" or "Do it with me now!" stuff. Clearly, we need a new, original approach.

But yes, either way, new workout clothes must be purchased! I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to having more workout clothes than regular clothes. And I have several pairs of Asics in every color combination imaginable. I need to cut back on the shopping.

Yes, on hating workout videos. They are always so perky! Drives me insane!

Yeah some drive me nuts. I actually found one I really like though (Les Mills Combat), which is shocking for me after 2 years.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Confession- I am infatuated with a tv charector. I know the season is like way way way over, but I loved/love "Tate" from the first season of American horror story. Even though he is supposed to be the bad guy. And dead. And a teenager.

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    rotterholt wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

This is the movie that made me officially say "I will no longer watch animal movies". Not ever. Even now, the trauma hasn't faded. *sob*

I can't watch Blackfish or The Cove, also John Wick trapped me in a puppy murder scene, and while I don't cry, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Confession: Us not having kids and rescuing cats & dogs instead has made us much more in tune with animals as sentinent beings. So much so that we can't eat beef anymore...or any mammals for that matter. Too intelligent.

(Fish & chicken , on the other hand...they're just walking/swimming food with a chip that helps them breathe, breed & flee from danger, lawl.)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession:

These people who are into outlandish conspiracy theories really baffle me.
    My favorite is the people who don't believe in Finland. They believe in evolution and the moon landing and laugh at the people who believe the illuminati-reptilian-overlords-type-of-thing. They just believe that Finland is a conspiracy.

...what?

Side note: My penpal is from Turku. Where do my letters go?

Eastern Sweden, obviously :P
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2qjohv/what_did_your_parents_show_you_to_do_that_you/cn6pn30?context=3
    it's actually the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
    Side note: where can I acquire a Finnish pen pal?!

...people are so weird.

I met mine through an online community and she asked if I wanted to send actual letters, so we started writing to one another a couple years ago!