Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 3Alice3
    3Alice3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My confession; I have diligently followed this thread from start to finish (despite not really having the time to do so..) and have to say - there are so many truly amazing people here! Keep doing what you are doing people. I have been entertained beyond comprehension by this thread and I want to thank you all for that :)

And a food related confession...I think about food way too much. I have already pre-logged my week and dream about my breakfast when I go to sleep haha :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I don't have much experience with liquor. I went out today and bought some Kahlua because I wanted some alcoholic coffee (whoops). I tried some in my coffee and think I made the wrong decision. It would go a lot better if I also had some cream in there or something, but I HATE sugary coffee. I think brings down the quality of good coffee by a lot :( Any drinks you guys can suggest I make with Kahlua? Not planning on drinking it all very fast... I have calories to bank!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    I finally got a food scale. I always thought people or so full of it when they say weigh out everything.
    5 oz of tilapia looks a lot different then what I always thought. Wow I was over eating on healthy foods all the other times I tried trying to loose weight.

So heres a confession. On easter I saw my brother and sister in law for the first time in months. My SIL has gained a ton of weight and she was wearing jeans and a t-shirt that had to both be two sizes too small. All I could think was thats karma in action.

I say this because when I started to gain weight after dating my husband she would talk about me behind my back about my weight and ask my husbands parents if I was pregnant since I was so big. This went on probably the first two years we dated.

It feels nice to know shes not as perfect as she tries to make herself seem.

I know, right? Getting a food scale was one of the best things I did this time around. I get unnaturally elated (like, fist pumping in the air elated) when I weigh something like cheese and it's exactly 1 oz. :)

As far as your SIL is concerned, I've got a cousin like that. She was always really skinny when we were growing up, and I was always chubby. She loved to exclude me from everything and say nasty things about my weight behind my back.

Well, she always bragged to me about how she can eat whatever she wants and never gain weight. Last time I saw her, I could count the rolls of flab beneath her too-tight t-shirt. I almost felt bad for the evil cackling inside my head. Almost. >:)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sombrero=kahlua and cream (or milk, which is how I was introduced to it in college). You could always start a thread asking whether you should make your reduced calorie sombrero with skim, soy milk, or almond milk.

White Russian=same thing with vodka

Black Russian=same thing without the dairy

Mudslide=Black Russian with Baileys too.

I'm not actually recommending any, but we had a kahlua party in college featuring the Russian ones especially.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't have much experience with liquor. I went out today and bought some Kahlua because I wanted some alcoholic coffee (whoops). I tried some in my coffee and think I made the wrong decision. It would go a lot better if I also had some cream in there or something, but I HATE sugary coffee. I think brings down the quality of good coffee by a lot :( Any drinks you guys can suggest I make with Kahlua? Not planning on drinking it all very fast... I have calories to bank!

You could always go Lebowski and make White Russians: 1.5 oz. vodka, 3/4 oz. Kahlua, 3/4 oz. light cream or milk :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sombrero=kahlua and cream (or milk, which is how I was introduced to it in college). You could always start a thread asking whether you should make your reduced calorie sombrero with skim, soy milk, or almond milk.

I'm not actually recommending any, but we had a kahlua party in college featuring the Russian ones especially.
    The sombrero sounds much better than just coffee + kahlua. To me it tastes like it would go very well with cream or milk. I've never had a white russian so maybe I'll get some vodka before the bottle is empty and try one. After trying what I just drank I'm feeling a little bit ill... just too sweet with nothing to counter it out. I was also looking at the coconut rum and now I'm wondering if I should have bought that instead. Like I said, no liquor experience! :s

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    That cheerio thread was mind-boggling. It's closed now. :disappointed:

I miss all the good threads :(
    I just do not have enough time tospend online!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    confession- had a craving for mac and cheese. ate a respectable portioned amount at lunch.

Oh, right the embarrassing part- then went out to dinner (its my family's pizza night) and ate 8 slices of mac'n'cheese pizza with extra mac and cheese added to the top. Basically cheesy pizza drowning in cheese sauce. with pasta.

The manager actually came up and starting asking me questions on how I stay so thin. Yikes. embarrassing.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Confession time:
    My mom bought a half a cupcake home for me to try. She - knows- I'm trying to change and cake is my favorite dessert.
    So I took two bites out of its gooey goodness and passed the other small half to my sister. It was half of a cupcake haha..how can I document that on my daily diary? Good thing it was within my calorie intake for the day!
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    Confession time:
    My mom bought a half a cupcake home for me to try. She - knows- I'm trying to change and cake is my favorite dessert.
    So I took two bites out of its gooey goodness and passed the other small half to my sister. It was half of a cupcake haha..how can I document that on my daily diary? Good thing it was within my calorie intake for the day!

confession- these sorts of confessions make me feel super fat.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    confession- had a craving for mac and cheese. ate a respectable portioned amount at lunch.

Oh, right the embarrassing part- then went out to dinner (its my family's pizza night) and ate 8 slices of mac'n'cheese pizza with extra mac and cheese added to the top. Basically cheesy pizza drowning in cheese sauce. with pasta.

The manager actually came up and starting asking me questions on how I stay so thin. Yikes. embarrassing.

Was it tasty? That does sound like an accomplishment though!
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options

Was it tasty? That does sound like an accomplishment though!

It was cheesy, sticky, salty heaven. I beat that craving into the ground.
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well, she always bragged to me about how she can eat whatever she wants and never gain weight. Last time I saw her, I could count the rolls of flab beneath her too-tight t-shirt. I almost felt bad for the evil cackling inside my head. Almost. >:)

Yes! It was so hard to hide my joy. I know I'm not at my goal weight yet but it just made me so happy and that much eager to continue what i'm doing.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS! I MUST FIND SOME!
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options

you will NOT regret it. trust me.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

The cafeteria at my old job used to serve it. It looks tasty, but I was too chicken to try it.3_macaroni-and-cheese-pizza-recipe.jpg
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Every time I walk by the road I keep getting catcalled and it makes me feel really uncomfortable and unsafe, especially at night :( it's worse because we don't have a car, so I don't really have a choice. I just want to buy my groceries and books without being harassed. I keep thinking that if I were really skinny again it wouldn't happen.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

The sombrero sounds much better than just coffee + kahlua. To me it tastes like it would go very well with cream or milk. I've never had a white russian so maybe I'll get some vodka before the bottle is empty and try one. After trying what I just drank I'm feeling a little bit ill... just too sweet with nothing to counter it out. I was also looking at the coconut rum and now I'm wondering if I should have bought that instead. Like I said, no liquor experience! :s

Kahlua poured over ice cream is fantastic.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I buy unsalted almonds. But then I pack them in the same baggie as my pretzels so they get salt on them.

Hey, that's a great idea!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Sorry but macaroni pizza just seems .. wrong to me. I like mac and cheese and I like pizza, but together I'm iffy on that one.