Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession bomb.....

I had hardly any dinner last night and woke up 2 lbs lighter this AM, I cycled almost 20 miles yesterday but am still afraid to log it in case I gain it back today/tonight.

My primary source of exercise is cycling where I commute to work. Every morning it works like this.. wake up, tell myself I'm not gonna ride because I am too tired. Then as I wake up and get my daughter up and moving (single dad with full custody), I go on and prep then cycle in to work... but on days I can't ride due to weather (like today) I beat myself up over it. Between homework, dinner, bath, bedtime... after work is usually too busy to squeeze in an hour long ride.

I also didn't realize a 40+ yr old men could have such hard times dating. I don't consider myself ugly (maybe THAT is the problem LOLOL) I'm starting to feel like I've been Punk'd.

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I had a hellish day at work (and that is putting it mildly), tonight I WAY over ate and binged on snacks while watching TV to relax.....

Saturday is the big fight night (SO PUMPED can't wait), and I had planned to eat pizza, wings, nachos etc, and even though I should not because of what I ate tonight....I still am

I plan on going to the bar around 5pm, pre fights start around 9 and the main event around midnight.....but I want to make sure I have a great seat.....

I really want to watch it, but I don't know that I have anywhere to see it/anyone to go with. My husband has no interest in it.

I'm Filipina, so obviously I'm rooting for Pacman.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    kayfaei wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

=/ I know I shouldn't let rude ugly people get to me. but thats one of the main reasons why I choose to workout at home. so I don't have to deal with rude mean people like that girl. I hope you see her again so you can get that chance to flip her off

I hate any comment when I'm out running. A hello or good job is ok. Any other type of comment is very unwelcome.

I live in a fairly athletic community, and runners/joggers high five when we pass each other :)

Some teenagers are mean jerks, though. There are certain corners I just avoid when school is out.
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    StapfJ wrote: »
    My 10 yo dog started limping a few days ago. I took her to the vet. I spent $550 and he told me she needs ACL surgery. That's another $2,500. He said there is a greater than 70% chance she will have to have the other leg done too..... that's at least $2,500 more.

I'm having a really hard time with it. I love her but that is a TON of money. I feel like a horrible owner, but I keep thinking about how I can find a way to not do it.

She's not in "that" much pain, but she is not that great either - just kind of quiet.

I'm trying to justify it in my head even though I know I'm supposed to just do the surgery. I'm so bummed.

I, for one, don't think you're a horrible owner. Vet bills are expensive and although we love our pets like family, everyone has their limit financially. My dog got cancer in October. I couldn't justify paying for chemo (not that I would've had a chance anyway, she deteriorated so quickly). Some people have/find the money to make it work but others can't. From your picture I assume you have a family, so of course you have to have money to provide for them.

As for cheaper options, would a vet school in your area do the surgery for a lower price?

Look into local charities as well. There are some animal organizations that can help with grants/subsidies for vet bills. I've known several people who have gotten assistance for major surgeries for their pets that way.

P.S. You're not a horrible pet owner. I have several pets whom I love like kids, but that is a really tough situation to be in.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I love that so many of you are on board with my quiet salon idea. And I agree that I'd love the concept at a dentist's office too. I'm not antisocial or anything, but I don't warm up to strangers quickly.

My confession today is that I am kind of freaking out about my wedding, even though it's teeny-tiny and there's not much at all to be done now. It's just the whole idea of having to do it. I would have been happy to skip straight to the "married" part and skip the wedding, but we decided we couldn't do that to our parents so I'm suffering through a 25 person event and hoping I don't hyperventilate walking down the aisle or say something stupid or trip or start laughing or something. For the past week I've been absolutely fixated on it and it's not for another three and a bit weeks. It sucks. I'm practically hyperventilating now just typing this, haha.

And it's probably exacerbated by the fact that I'm hangry as hell because I ramped up the deficit in hopes I won't look at my photos and just see fat arms and too much cleavage. I really hope I can lose five pounds, which makes a pretty big difference at my size, but it definitely means three more weeks of being hungry a lot. Ugh.

Congratulations on your up coming wedding. Don't worry about the ceremony. The music decided not to play at mine and I walked down the aisle to silence....... It wasn't bad and everything else just went as planned. Enjoy the day.

Thanks for the kind words, although I think "enjoy" is too much to hope for. I hate doing stuff in front of people and having to be the centre of attention all day sounds like my own little personal hell. But I'll get through it, probably with a champagne-Gravol cocktail in hand and some deep breathing exercises.
    I hate having Happy Birthday sang to me. I always feel so self-conscience like I want to start crying. It's so weird. :blush:

Haha, same. I especially hate it at restaurants when the staff does it because EVERYONE stares.

That+awkward+moment+of+happy+birthday+that+awkward+moment+of_074b11_4853775.jpg

I remember there was a restaurant where they'd offer to do the short version, backwards version, or short backwards version. Short they'd get on their knees, backwards they'd turn and face away from your table, short backwards they'd do both. I think a lot of people asked for backwards solely to lessen the embarrassment.

It was Chi Chi's! It was a family favorite! They no longer have restaurants in the US or Canada.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I love that so many of you are on board with my quiet salon idea. And I agree that I'd love the concept at a dentist's office too. I'm not antisocial or anything, but I don't warm up to strangers quickly.

My confession today is that I am kind of freaking out about my wedding, even though it's teeny-tiny and there's not much at all to be done now. It's just the whole idea of having to do it. I would have been happy to skip straight to the "married" part and skip the wedding, but we decided we couldn't do that to our parents so I'm suffering through a 25 person event and hoping I don't hyperventilate walking down the aisle or say something stupid or trip or start laughing or something. For the past week I've been absolutely fixated on it and it's not for another three and a bit weeks. It sucks. I'm practically hyperventilating now just typing this, haha.

And it's probably exacerbated by the fact that I'm hangry as hell because I ramped up the deficit in hopes I won't look at my photos and just see fat arms and too much cleavage. I really hope I can lose five pounds, which makes a pretty big difference at my size, but it definitely means three more weeks of being hungry a lot. Ugh.

For what it's worth, I think you might be happier with how you look if you aren't eating at an extreme deficit. Better to be slightly plumper and look healthy and rosy than look hangry and peaky. I was slightly overweight for my wedding, but all I see in the pictures is how happy I was.

^^this^^
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I drank some great scotch last night with a friend, didn't get home until around midnight or so. I am tired and cranky yet very happy. It's a weird mix of emotions guys!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Whilst sitting here at my desk, hungry because I lowered my calories and cut out my mid-morning snack I have just looked back at the last week and realised they all say I have 500-600 calories left because my Misfit hasn't updated until the end of the day when I am asleep. So, now I'm wondering if I can have my 25g of almonds back because I've been swimming and my Misfit won't tell me I can eat more until I'm asleep tonight. :disappointed:

I would say yes. But I also tend to also believe in 'calories in/out' on a WEEKLY basis is valid.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

=/ I know I shouldn't let rude ugly people get to me. but thats one of the main reasons why I choose to workout at home. so I don't have to deal with rude mean people like that girl. I hope you see her again so you can get that chance to flip her off

I hate any comment when I'm out running. A hello or good job is ok. Any other type of comment is very unwelcome.

I live in a fairly athletic community, and runners/joggers high five when we pass each other :)

Some teenagers are mean jerks, though. There are certain corners I just avoid when school is out.

That's why I mainly run in parks and a greenway corridor instead of on the street. I get into my own head that someone will say something to me even though nobody ever has. In the park though, other runners and cyclists will do 'the nod' no matter how fast or slow a person is going...makes me happy. Not looking to have a conversation or someone to boost my ego with a "way to go" but the nod is all I need.

I did have a guy smile and wave the other day at the gym, which was nice, until I looked in the mirror afterwards and saw the GIANT line of boob sweat.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have no friends, I never TEXT or have a face book. No siblings.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Whilst sitting here at my desk, hungry because I lowered my calories and cut out my mid-morning snack I have just looked back at the last week and realised they all say I have 500-600 calories left because my Misfit hasn't updated until the end of the day when I am asleep. So, now I'm wondering if I can have my 25g of almonds back because I've been swimming and my Misfit won't tell me I can eat more until I'm asleep tonight. :disappointed:

I would say yes. But I also tend to also believe in 'calories in/out' on a WEEKLY basis is valid.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by weekly basis? Are you saying I can eat my 500-600 calories a day back this weekend? Cause that would be an AMAZING weekend. lol
  • Lois_1989
    Options

You're not alone :disappointed: the only contacts I have in my phone is family and work contacts, and it's probably a good thing you don't have facebook, because all I do is look at what other people are doing and what I wasn't invited out to do. It's even more depressing. I am seriously considering deleting my page. I have siblings, but we don't really communicate. We live separate lives...

It'll be alright, you will make friends, you never know what is around the corner. :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    PhatPat2be wrote: »
    Alright here goes nothing......wait for it......I have been back to MFP for 23 days now and have gained 6lbs. Not, I say again NOT my intention. I thought I would give my self a week just to get into tracking and see where I am at.
    I think I have stopped digging my hole with my fork and have hit bottom!
    It is so hard to be honest with myself. I start every day with the same intention of sticking with this. Then mid morning every day inplace of my healthy snack of fruit or cut up veggies I reach for the candy we have in our office.
    I don't even stop and think about it, I just do it.
    Like a alcoholic I can't even have one piece of candy, because if I do all bet's are off for the day. I get the "F" it's and just keep right on eating and eating.
    This morning I am sick, and tired (literality.) I have a cold, and did not sleep well last night (from eating carrot cake after dinner....gives me restless legs if I have sugar past 6pm)
    The good news is I am here confessing! I know I have a problem with food, and I am now willing to ask for help.
    I am going to stop and think about what I am thinking about when I reach for something....today.
    Whew. Sorry that was so much. Please for give any grammatical or spelling errors, I don't usually join in the discussion....(maybe I should)
    :) [/quote

Good for you, recognizing that and planning to do something about it. I found early on, (I still have a long way to go) that if I kept a journal of how I felt when I was mindlessly reaching for something, it helped keep me in line and my mind on something else. It may help you figure out what is making you do that.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My work is going out for lunch to this dutch restaurant and I am totally going to indulge in a Pannekoken covered in sweetened cream cheese, strawberries and whipping cream. Out of my team, only 2 of us are walking to the restaurant which is about 8 blocks - I feel mildly superior to everyone else. I am going to devour this thing as I am starving and have been up since 2:00 a.m.-ish (currently 8:20).

(Pannekoken is a cross between a crepe & a pancake. It is about as large as a dinner plate and thin like a crepe but not eggy but taste more like a pancake).

Confession - I've pretty much been at maintenance for several months. This is not intentional. I have decided to just let it go until my gall bladder comes out in two weeks and start fresh then. Been so stressed from work and haven't been getting the exercise that I want to. I think it would do me some good just to take a break and re-group.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Want to be mfp friends? I like talking to people and I don't have that many friends either. I do have fb though.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Oh, cool. See, I'd made the assumption that you used "girlfriend" to refer to a pal, and "boyfriend" to a romantic partner... my bad.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »

That's why I mainly run in parks and a greenway corridor instead of on the street. I get into my own head that someone will say something to me even though nobody ever has. In the park though, other runners and cyclists will do 'the nod' no matter how fast or slow a person is going...makes me happy. Not looking to have a conversation or someone to boost my ego with a "way to go" but the nod is all I need.

I did have a guy smile and wave the other day at the gym, which was nice, until I looked in the mirror afterwards and saw the GIANT line of boob sweat.

I LOVE the runners and bikers around here for this exact reason, it's a huge community of super supportive people. I've actually had someone come and strike a conversation with me while running and giving me some points for my first half. Just so much love and respect.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by weekly basis? Are you saying I can eat my 500-600 calories a day back this weekend? Cause that would be an AMAZING weekend. lol

Basically, yes. Instead of a strict 1,700 calorie per day diet = 11,900 calories per week. Giving yourself some wiggle room by allowing yourself to go over some days, then under a few more. As long as your weekly intake (11,900) is there or under, you're good. For some it can take a lot of restraint but it also can help break a plateau by confusing your body with the various daily intakes. That's my $.02
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Basically, yes. Instead of a strict 1,700 calorie per day diet = 11,900 calories per week. Giving yourself some wiggle room by allowing yourself to go over some days, then under a few more. As long as your weekly intake (11,900) is there or under, you're good. For some it can take a lot of restraint but it also can help break a plateau by confusing your body with the various daily intakes. That's my $.02

Awww, well thank you for the suggestion, it could well be something I try!