Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

A guy in my sister's dorm laundry room told her, "If you were skinny, I would ask you out because you have a gorgeous face. You are really beautiful for a fat girl."

As if she is an anomaly because only thin girls are pretty.

I feel so bad that she gets stared at in the gym because gyms are only for people who are already thin, right?

Wow, he's an azzhole. Did she respond?

I would've said, "I'd ask you out if you had any class or manners. You're quite functional for a clueless idiot."
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

A guy in my sister's dorm laundry room told her, "If you were skinny, I would ask you out because you have a gorgeous face. You are really beautiful for a fat girl."

I feel so bad that she gets stared at in the gym because gyms are only for people who are already thin, right?

No, she didn't say anything. She saw him again a couple of weeks later and he tried to apologize and ask her out, but she told him she has a boyfriend, which she does.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I am so tired tonight. I think I'll skip the confessions and go to sleep. G'Night.

@pofoster21 maybe you already mentioned it and I missed it, but what happened with your gelding? (that was you, right?)

Thanks. Yes it's me. It's not good. We are scheduling a date to put him down next month, if he can be ok that long. He is not in pain and is happy as can be but his condition is deteriorating and the vet is worried one day he will fall down and break something or lay down and not be able to get up. The month is for me to spend time with him and adjust to the idea. I am heartbroken and sick over it. I have spent the last week in tears. But it's the right thing to do and I don't want to ever see him in pain. So thanks for asking and I will let you all know when it happens... And hopefully I can keep it together until then.

So sorry! This happened to my sister's horse just last week. He laid down and could not get back up. He was 31 years old, so they knew the time was coming, but still does not make it any easier. She is pretty sad.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

She's 21. This is a university.

That's nice of you to pay out of pocket-I'm 7 years out and still have 12k to go on my student loans...but I will say it was worth every penny!

That's great to hear! So many people go through all that work and then regret both the loan payment and the lack of good paying jobs. Glad to hear it worked out well for you.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I am so tired tonight. I think I'll skip the confessions and go to sleep. G'Night.

@pofoster21 maybe you already mentioned it and I missed it, but what happened with your gelding? (that was you, right?)

Thanks. Yes it's me. It's not good. We are scheduling a date to put him down next month, if he can be ok that long. He is not in pain and is happy as can be but his condition is deteriorating and the vet is worried one day he will fall down and break something or lay down and not be able to get up. The month is for me to spend time with him and adjust to the idea. I am heartbroken and sick over it. I have spent the last week in tears. But it's the right thing to do and I don't want to ever see him in pain. So thanks for asking and I will let you all know when it happens... And hopefully I can keep it together until then.

I'm so sorry. Enjoy every minute you have left with him!
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Confession- Last night we were helping our daughter address her graduation announcements. She was making me so crazy all I could think about was how much quieter the house will be when she leaves for college next fall.

Yes, an empty nest is a lovely thing at times. Sometimes it is too quiet, but then I just remember times like you described and it's all okay. However, it then just becomes a different kind of crazy. I have to remember when I go to my sons house not to be all, "Why is this rose bush dying? When did you cut the lawn last? Ever planning on fixing this closet doorknob?" etc. Then I remember that this is his responsibility now.

My other two kids have kids of their own already and that in itself is it's own form of "punishment". Not that kids are bad, but now they will understand what they put US through!

Amen!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

No, she didn't say anything. She saw him again a couple of weeks later and he tried to apologize and ask her out, but she told him she has a boyfriend, which she does.

that makes me even more enraged! it's like "a few weeks ago i didn't think you were good enough for me, but after being rejected by everyone i've approached over the past few weeks, i guess something's better than nothing!" i want to stab him in the eyes.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

I would've said, "I'd ask you out if you had any class or manners. You're quite functional for a clueless idiot."

Oh how I wish I could be this witty when situations call for it. This is awesome!
  • mwalker86
    mwalker86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've completely fell off the lose weight and have been eating any and EVERYTHING i want. I blame it on stress, work and school but I truthfully know I could be doing better.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

She's 21. This is a university.

That's nice of you to pay out of pocket-I'm 7 years out and still have 12k to go on my student loans...but I will say it was worth every penny!

That's great to hear! So many people go through all that work and then regret both the loan payment and the lack of good paying jobs. Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

And very few make good money without a college degree. My brother is an exception. He managed a Boston Market for a few years in his early 20s and was a manager at Aldi before working for a homebuilding company where he makes 70K managing materials and projects.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

@ladybuggnorris how is your sister's SIL & baby doing?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Confession: I bought myself a big bag of Hershey eggs at Eastertime I only have 3 three left. Sad.

You still have some left?! I'm impressed! (no chocolate would've made it that long in my house lol)

I have a gigantic unopened bag of Cadbury mini eggs in my closet. I am trying to decide what occasion would be worthy of opening them. :p

The idea of such a bag makes my mouth water. I love Cadbury eggs.

Maybe I should sell it on Ebay. LOL. I paid $19.88. I bet I could get $50. :D

Lol, you could be a Cadbury Egg dealer.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Confession time!

Too bad she didn't include that he was also a total douche.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm glad my friends succeed with MFP, but I get bummed when they leave and secretly wish they'd fail just a bit so they'd come back. (my friend list is down to barely a single page).
  • amvition
    amvition Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole loaf of bread yesterday telling myself it was okay because it was whole grain bread :| my binges are getting better though, my worst moment was at night a few months ago, i ate 5 croissants, a whole cake, a bag of chips, a loaf of bread and an avocado
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.
  • foxxyroxy12
    foxxyroxy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not washing clothes every single time =/= not wiping gym equipment

No, I get that. Thank you for wiping the equipment!
    It is just my MRSA flairs up from time to time due to in-grown hair, slight irritation, etc. Showering my icky sweat off helps (plus the doctor told me to.)
    Otherwise, it is month of antibiotics, stomach troubles (have those already) and someone poking at my skin with a scalpel.

I got MRSA from the hospital after i had my second daughter and now i have to be uber-careful about letting my skin get irritated. My infant daughter also had it when we left the hospital and at 7 month she spent 2 weeks in the hospital fighting a MRSA infection that went into her joint and almost made her lose her leg. I always wipe down machines and i am hyper-aware whenever i see a bump on my skin. I'm not sure which one of us is the carrier but i don't want to spread it to anyone else.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.

I understand. Spouses can be dense sometimes. :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Men are seriously in another world sometimes. I swear mine doesn't listen to half of what I'm telling him. So frustrating.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Congratulations! The issues with your legs sound very painful, though. Are you dealing with edema? Or something else? Sorry. Hope it gets better whatever it is.