Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess that I have not been keeping up with MFP. I'm learning Mandarin, reading books that intelligent people should have read (like 1984. Next up is The alchemist followed by Lolita), reducing procrastination at work, lifting 2x a week, martial arts 2x a week, eating more fruits and veggies and eating out less, being more social, hiking more, my first 5k is Saturday...AHHHHHHH!!!!! Counting calories has been dropping pretty low in my to-do list especially since I'm happy with my body (though I'm always trying to improve).

I also confess that I have a HUGE drawer full of food/snacks at work. I think I might have a bit of starvation anxiety for some reason. I almost always have a piece of really good chocolate (screw hersheys seriously) at 3pm(ish)

Quite an impressive list of goals! I aspire to do similar, as I'm always trying to improve myself as a person, but I'm not nearly this ambitious. Plus, I read The Alchemist last year and was disappointed that I did not have an awe-inspiring reaction to it or whatever it is supposed to do. I guess I didn't "get it"? Perhaps I should re-read it. I get discouraged when I really try to expand my horizons and fail miserably. The next book I read was Joan Rivers "Diary of a Mad Woman". Now, THAT I "got"! Hilarious.

I listen to audiobooks! There is an app called overdrive that connects to your library and you get all the books you could want for free right on your phone. Now I am getting two things done during my commute, while cooking, doing dishes etc. Makes all of it more enjoyable. Maybe I won't like the alchemist. Who knows? Atlas shrugged was a SLOG.
    Yeah, the only downside of that is that you can't actually set atlas shrugged on fire when you don't have a physical copy of the book. I have to download that app now though :D (I have literally cried over library burnings, but I have to make an exception for Ayn Rand.)
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only person in the world without facebook or twitter or any of those others...well maybe not in the world, I exaggerate.[/quote]

Not the only one - I'm in this group as well.[/quote]

Me too!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I decided that I was going to have 8 GG Sandwich cookies for my lunch. I ate 4 chocolate ones (all that was left) and then ate 2 white ones. I decided the vanilla ones were lacking, so put the other two back.

I am Canadian and used to be a GG when I was a kid. I live in the States now but IMO the Canadian cookies were far superior.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess that I have not been keeping up with MFP. I'm learning Mandarin, reading books that intelligent people should have read (like 1984. Next up is The alchemist followed by Lolita), reducing procrastination at work, lifting 2x a week, martial arts 2x a week, eating more fruits and veggies and eating out less, being more social, hiking more, my first 5k is Saturday...AHHHHHHH!!!!! Counting calories has been dropping pretty low in my to-do list especially since I'm happy with my body (though I'm always trying to improve).

I also confess that I have a HUGE drawer full of food/snacks at work. I think I might have a bit of starvation anxiety for some reason. I almost always have a piece of really good chocolate (screw hersheys seriously) at 3pm(ish)

Quite an impressive list of goals! I aspire to do similar, as I'm always trying to improve myself as a person, but I'm not nearly this ambitious. Plus, I read The Alchemist last year and was disappointed that I did not have an awe-inspiring reaction to it or whatever it is supposed to do. I guess I didn't "get it"? Perhaps I should re-read it. I get discouraged when I really try to expand my horizons and fail miserably. The next book I read was Joan Rivers "Diary of a Mad Woman". Now, THAT I "got"! Hilarious.

I listen to audiobooks! There is an app called overdrive that connects to your library and you get all the books you could want for free right on your phone. Now I am getting two things done during my commute, while cooking, doing dishes etc. Makes all of it more enjoyable. Maybe I won't like the alchemist. Who knows? Atlas shrugged was a SLOG.
    Yeah, the only downside of that is that you can't actually set atlas shrugged on fire when you don't have a physical copy of the book. I have to download that app now though :D (I have literally cried over library burnings, but I have to make an exception for Ayn Rand.)

Something else about Overdrive - pretty much any public library in the country will let you pay for an out of town/out of state membership. If your local library is small and doesn't have much selection, you can subscribe to one in a major city, and you get Overdrive access to their library, too.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Talking about names, mine in Melany. Spelt with a Y at the end. NO ONE gets it right.

I've heard every variation on it. Melody, Melony, Melanie, even melANie (extenuate the "on") etc... I'm like just call me Mel, please.

Then there were *kitten* from high school who used to call me Smelany *sshole, because my last name rhymed with it. I was never amused by it.

Though it is funny now.

The there are my half siblings.
    Laurie
    Lisa
    Lance
    Lynnie
    Lon
    Lee.

Talk about all L's. It was VERY confusing growing up.

Also, another fun fact, my middle name and my sister's rhyme.

Even funnier? My mom and dad's do as well. Jane and Wayne. Hah, found it hilarious growing up.

My mother always used to say a rhyme to me as well;
    Melly Belly, Jelly Belly, Melly Belly boo. I thought it was cute.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    can you imagine when Zoolander came out? how many times I heard "derelick my balls"
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When I go over my goal and my macros, I just do quick calories now. Nobody needs to know that I just had two bars of chocolate (because I've been hungry all day again and at some point, **** good choices).
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When I go over my goal and my macros, I just do quick calories now. Nobody needs to know that I just had two bars of chocolate (because I've been hungry all day again and at some point, **** good choices).

Yum. When I was chowing down on Easter candy, I was doing quick calories too. I would log some as snack as the rest as quick add.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,556 Member
    Options
    I decided that I was going to have 8 GG Sandwich cookies for my lunch. I ate 4 chocolate ones (all that was left) and then ate 2 white ones. I decided the vanilla ones were lacking, so put the other two back.

I am Canadian and used to be a GG when I was a kid. I live in the States now but IMO the Canadian cookies were far superior.

Agreed!!! I was a GG and sold the chocolate and vanilla cookies. When I moved to the US, I was quite confused by the whole spectrum of GS cookies. Plus, you're right, they're not near as good! The chocolate GG cookies were the bomb!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    edited April 2015
    Options

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

Those spots are not legally enforceable (unlike handicap spots), so when I had 4 kids ages 5 and under, I used them all. the. freaking. time. Up until my youngest was about 3 years old.
  • marissafit06
    edited April 2015
    Options

At Babies R US and I think IKEA they have family parking/new baby parking. I agree with you completely. It is much easier to tote around a baby in your belly than dealing with those stupid car seats.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to the grocery store the day after easter. I confess I died a little when I saw they completely took away the candies and chocolates.... I was SURE I was in for a discounted shopping spree :cry:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Talking about names, mine in Melany. Spelt with a Y at the end. NO ONE gets it right.

I've heard every variation on it. Melody, Melony, Melanie, even melANie (extenuate the "on") etc... I'm like just call me Mel, please.

Then there were *kitten* from high school who used to call me Smelany *sshole, because my last name rhymed with it. I was never amused by it.

Though it is funny now.

The there are my half siblings.
    Laurie
    Lisa
    Lance
    Lynnie
    Lon
    Lee.

Talk about all L's. It was VERY confusing growing up.

Also, another fun fact, my middle name and my sister's rhyme.

Even funnier? My mom and dad's do as well. Jane and Wayne. Hah, found it hilarious growing up.

My mother always used to say a rhyme to me as well;
    Melly Belly, Jelly Belly, Melly Belly boo. I thought it was cute.

My middle name is Louise, my husband's is Lewis. Close enough for humor.

Also, honest to god true story. We have friends whose wedding was the "McMaster-Bates" wedding. They were featured on Leno, I kid thee not.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am an atheist, so our holidays are all secular here.

Easter means chocolate bunnies, Easter baskets, and egg hunts. My kids don't know better, as evidenced by today's Easter egg hunt.

My son got an egg with a chocolate cross inside. He said (loudly) "mom I got a plus!"

That is SO awesome. :smiley:

What could say in that situation other than "yeah you did get a plus! Awesome buddy!"

I don't know, but it's super adorable. In a country where everyone regardless of their beliefs know about Jesus and all the stories, I just find it super cute to be so innocent and just taking things at face value.
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I didn't exercise because I'm still achey from yesterday's work out and was feeling a bit lazy, and instead of eating some bran for my fibre macro I had doritos and maltesers, all within calories but not my best choices :p
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Another Melissa here, usually I get Mellisa or Melanie but I just ask people to call me Mel, unless someone in work asks for my name on the phone, then I say Melissa because Mel's too short to hear on the phone.

I once went into a dominos and had to give my name:
    Me: Mel
    Him: Bell?
    Me: Mel
    Him: Bell?
    Me: M E L
    Him: M E L...?
    Me: Just M E L
    Him: M E L I?
    Me: M E L, Mel
    Him: Ooh Mel *puts El*

My mum still calls me Melli but in school I got swell mel then shwell mel when I lost my front teeth in year 2 :p
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

I don't think I deserved special privileges for having kids, however, if no one was parked in the ridiculous pregnant woman spots, *kitten* right I was going to use them.