Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am so tired tonight. I think I'll skip the confessions and go to sleep. G'Night.

@pofoster21 maybe you already mentioned it and I missed it, but what happened with your gelding? (that was you, right?)

Thanks. Yes it's me. It's not good. We are scheduling a date to put him down next month, if he can be ok that long. He is not in pain and is happy as can be but his condition is deteriorating and the vet is worried one day he will fall down and break something or lay down and not be able to get up. The month is for me to spend time with him and adjust to the idea. I am heartbroken and sick over it. I have spent the last week in tears. But it's the right thing to do and I don't want to ever see him in pain. So thanks for asking and I will let you all know when it happens... And hopefully I can keep it together until then.

I'm so sorry :(
    m_w_s wrote: »
    Confession: I've been doing a good job with all of this but I'm worried I'm reaching a tipping point of crazy. Donated blood today but then googled how many calories lost that is. That's nuts. Need to chill.

I did the same thing. And got really upset when I was told I can't give blood because I grew up in Europe (not only because I couldn't burn those calories, but because it sucks when you want to help but can't).
    Confession: I found myself super-surprised that people have to go and get their hair recut or recolored after just a few weeks... I spend YEARS between having my hair touched with scissors; and I colored it once and hated it, so I let it grow out and chopped it all off. o:)

Yeah I can't justify spending so much on that either. I did a color at home and it was a real PITA and didn't last long enough so I'm not doing it again, and I'm not spending so much every 3 months or less to have my hair colored at a salon, so I'm just plucking my grays. I go to Great Clips 3x a year maybe and it costs $14 or less and that's fine by me.

I confess that it's pretty hypocritical of me though as I spent $2500 to have my crooked teeth fixed with Invisalign (I'm almost done, just had to add a couple months to fix one last tooth because I'm a perfectionist). And the weird thing is that now that my teeth look pretty good, I'm not feeling any different. It's like weight loss... the world doesn't finally change because your teeth look better.

Oh and driving licenses... Both my sister and my brother failed the first exam. And that made me feel SO GOOD because they've always been better at everything, but I'm the only one who passed the first time. It was awesome.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lie about how much I eat so people will think I'm normal and not watching my weight. I'll tell them I had pizza but I didn't.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Put on another pound this week. I was so confident I had lost weight this week, yesterday after going to the gym for 40min at lunch AND going for a 30min run/walk when I got home I thought I would indulge myself in a 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry's... now I wish I hadn't. I know its not entirely Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's fault, but I just kinda wish I hadn't done it now. I have now put on 2lbs in two weeks, and after a month of eating 1400 calories a day and not losing anything, I have decided to lower it down to 1200 calories. If that doesn't work I'm thoroughly confused.

1200 calories seems crazy low to me! How tall are you and how much do you weigh? And sorry if this is late to the game...I'm a couple pages behind! But aren't you doing some heavy lifting? Maybe you need more calories?

Uh, I am 5'6 and weigh 215lbs (now)
    I lift but it's not heavy, just a top up because I was told your body uses muscle as a catalyst to burn fat, so you lose muscle at the same time as fat. I got advice on how heavy to lift on a deficit.
    I swim Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday and I gym and run for 30 mins Monday, Wednesday & Friday (then die slowly on Saturday so I can do it all over again lol)

That is frustrating! I too get stuck sometimes, but I could never do 1200 calories...I'd be hangry all day!

Ha ha, I get a little hangry on Fridays already, but i think that is down to working all week, exercising 6 days straight and just generally being quite tired at the end of the week. I'll give it a whirl for a month if that doesn't show any signs of working, I'll have to go back to the doctor. I just want to rule everything out before I get very hangry indeed. My SO thinks I should go to a nutritionist, he is convinced something is wrong. In his words "Any other person would have the weight dropping off them if they do what you do".

Edit: I've come to the conclusion I must have broken a very large mirror at some point in my life without knowing, because nothing comes easy for me. I'm currently trying to replace a wing mirror someone broke off of my car and the back isn't fitting on properly. This is the kind of thing my life is full of...
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession... I always weigh myself in the AM right after using the restroom, it's routine. Well this morning I weighed in and was 1.6 lbs less than yesterday. GREAT! Well then I had to go poop so I did. And then weighed myself again... .4 lbs lighter than pre-poop weight. I laughed hysterically but no I did not record the .4 on my MFP weigh in. Ill try not to weigh tomorrow , but I might...
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I always weigh myself in the AM right after using the restroom, it's routine. Well this morning I weighed in and was 1.6 lbs less than yesterday. GREAT! Well then I had to go poop so I did. And then weighed myself again... .4 lbs lighter than pre-poop weight. I laughed hysterically but no I did not record the .4 on my MFP weigh in. Ill try not to weigh tomorrow , but I might...

I tried pre and post poop weighing I never got a difference. Maybe I poop polystyrene...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Argh. I was down with a migraine yesterday and now I am ten pages behind. Working out of town for the next two days. I will never catch back up! Hopefully the Zombie apocalypse doesn't happen before I can catch back up!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

I tried pre and post poop weighing I never got a difference. Maybe I poop polystyrene...

that frustrates me to no end, i'm like "THAT'S A 2 LB LOG RIGHT THERE"
  • m1xm0d3
    edited April 2015
    Options

that frustrates me to no end, i'm like "THAT'S A 2 LB LOG RIGHT THERE"

I've tried in the past maybe like 1-2x but there was never a difference. Just don't end up like this guy... LMAO.

lfi77ehlpwqn.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I *might* be purposely wearing baggier clothes with more layers to work because my boss has agreed to let me take 2.5 hour lunches to work out during my lunch break until I lose weight and get in better shape. The baggier the clothes the less obvious it is that I am losing weight and getting slimmer and more muscular. I just don't want to lose the long workout lunch breaks.

I confess I am SOOOOO jealous! I would do the same thing if my boss let me have 2.5 hour lunches so I could work out.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Fishing for compliments threads are obnoxious.
    /end rant.

Co-signed! It's pathetic, really.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Ok, what is NPR radio? I'm confused haha.
    And:
    I feel really guilty because we bought a new car (2009 Chevrolet Cobalt to be exact) and the payments and insurance are more than we're used to. Plus it was mainly bought because I drive so far to school and hubbys blazer isn't cutting it anymore.
    It's finals week and I may or may not be failing 2 of my classes, I'm beyond stressed and I haven't given two f*cks about eating right or logging much at all. I'm pissed at myself because I made dean's list with a 3.692 gpa last semester and I've failed one class already and may possibly fail another just in this semester!!!!! Ugh!
    I've got a little less than a month to plan my daughter's birthday party, and we're expecting anywhere between 40-50 people to be there and I've gotta figure out how or what to serve.
    I've lost control of my world and it's driving me crazy (serious control freak here)!
    :disappointed:

National Public Radio. basically it's a liberal propaganda machine.

Clearly, you don't listen to NPR if you think it's a "propaganda machine". It's called *journalism*
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    mrhs17 wrote: »
    I've been stalking this thread since it was born and here's my confession- I just deleted my old account and started a whole new one. Seeing my weight fluctuations was really bumming me out and I've decided to wipe the slate clean and start completely over. Denial? Maybe.

I'd reconsider ... once you start logging a run of success, just think how satisfying your graph would be, watching the sine-wave turns into a steady decline?

Just a thought!

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Today I literally had to fight myself mentally to not step on the god damn scale because I'm trying to limit my weigh ins to once a month. So instead I cleaned my kitchen before work. ROAR! Lol
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Today I literally had to fight myself mentally to not step on the god damn scale because I'm trying to limit my weigh ins to once a month. So instead I cleaned my kitchen before work. ROAR! Lol

I hope you logged the cardio! ("Cleaning, light, moderate effort") lol
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ok, what is NPR radio? I'm confused haha.
    And:
    I feel really guilty because we bought a new car (2009 Chevrolet Cobalt to be exact) and the payments and insurance are more than we're used to. Plus it was mainly bought because I drive so far to school and hubbys blazer isn't cutting it anymore.
    It's finals week and I may or may not be failing 2 of my classes, I'm beyond stressed and I haven't given two f*cks about eating right or logging much at all. I'm pissed at myself because I made dean's list with a 3.692 gpa last semester and I've failed one class already and may possibly fail another just in this semester!!!!! Ugh!
    I've got a little less than a month to plan my daughter's birthday party, and we're expecting anywhere between 40-50 people to be there and I've gotta figure out how or what to serve.
    I've lost control of my world and it's driving me crazy (serious control freak here)!
    :disappointed:

National Public Radio. basically it's a liberal propaganda machine.

Clearly, you don't listen to NPR if you think it's a "propaganda machine". It's called *journalism*

Journalism should be unbiased. And if it makes you feel better, I don't think much of Fox News either.

Edit: NPR's list of top 100 sci-fi/fantasy books is respectable.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    mrhs17 wrote: »
    I've been stalking this thread since it was born and here's my confession- I just deleted my old account and started a whole new one. Seeing my weight fluctuations was really bumming me out and I've decided to wipe the slate clean and start completely over. Denial? Maybe.

I'd reconsider ... once you start logging a run of success, just think how satisfying your graph would be, watching the sine-wave turns into a steady decline?

Just a thought!

I agree with this! When I try to ignore my bad habits/patterns, it's always counterproductive.
    I've had the same old account, when I was successful and when I wasn't. I've been on MFP for years and years, same old account because it's the same old me. I can go back and see what I was doing when I was having success and what I was doing that caused me to have less success.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    leah4590 wrote: »
    I've just eaten a medium margarita pizza and a garlic baguette. I've been craving it for WEEKS and in a bid to get past it, I've had it and tomorrow I go back to normal.

Do I feel better for having eaten it? Nope. But I knew if I didn't satisfy my craving it would just get worse so I did it!!!

On Sunday I hard an insatiable craving for a sub so I ate an entire GIANT (15") Italian sub from Jersey Mikes. 50 grams of fat, 135 grams of carbs... and it was glorious.

NO RAGRETS

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »

I hope you logged the cardio! ("Cleaning, light, moderate effort") lol

The funny thing is I just went for a run, that's why I was so annoyed at this entire thing. My brain is stupid... Lol
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm in a bad mood today so I'm purposely arguing with two dudes on the "Is it ok to fast one day?" thread on the Food & Nutrition board. Of course, it's two posters that argue with everyone and insist that they are right no matter what.
    A part of me has a feeling I'll 'recognize' the username of at least one of the posters-who-shall-remain-nameless (<-- nameless partially due to my not yet knowing which usernames are involved ;P ) ... (oh, and btw, I almost started this reply with "methinks" (for reasons I will never understand, that word pops into my mind at times, and promptly results in my feeling as though my 'speech' would then sound like a cross between a pirate and a 15th century Scottish barrister (?!) ))...

(...am barely refraining from hopping over to 'the thread in question' (am prepping some klieg lights, to shine one heckuva 'spotlight' on it ;) ), to see if I'm right about my 'hunch' (and should not be as on-the-edge-of-my-seat as I am (as though I were a contestant on some sort of game show that involved this as one of their 'games'...(?!) ;P ))

BZAH10 wrote: »
    I just responded to them both again. I'll have to see what nonsense they post next.
    lmao

(I'll not 'make a peep' (literally or figuratively (in case it wasn't clear from earlier in the thread, I have no desire to fashion sugar-coated marshmallow-matter into the shape of chicks ;) )), but wanted you to know that were one to 'choose a side', if/when 'viewing' such a hornet's-nest -like argument (-- I mean, "civil discourse"... ;P ), then I'll have you know that my stealth 'support' (in all its 'this side of the keyboard' glory) will be firmly in your camp... ;) )

Hahaha! As usual, quite an entertaining post and thank you for the support! I don't even care if I'm right. Sometimes I just like to bicker. It's the Italian in me, what can I say?

And in real life, I tend to say "methinks", but I stop myself from typing it out for the same reasons you listed above. Also, I ran out of time yesterday, but I did enjoy your response to someone about being a "thread killer" (which you are not; we all have our own posting styles and deservedly so) that "t'would be moi". Funny.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Still haven't heard if I got the job or not, I'm still listed as "considering" on their employment page. THE WAIT IS SOOOO LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

It has been a long time!

Yes, but you're still being considered, so that is good!