Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    @ythannah wow I would've been really annoyed if someone commented on how much food I could eat. Like for all she knows you were just really hungry that day.

She is shallow and superficial and a total snob... I was just really surprised that she would blurt out something like that, considering how she prides herself on her etiquette.

And it was kind of a turning point in my relationship with the SO's daughter, who thought her aunt was really rude for saying it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Freidon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Inspection people are here. Everybody's freaking out a little. Except me. Think I'll just sit here and eat my string cheese until somebody needs me.

Noticed that you've been MIA lately and remembered you said you'd be busy this week. Hope everything is going well!

Aww. You're sweet!

Inspection is going fine (as expected). It's just super boring waiting around until sombody asks to see X, Y, or Z. Plus I have to kind of look busy, but can't actually commit to anything in case they need me. Makes for a very annoying two days.

Sounds exactly how it is when our auditors are here. Thankfully it is only once a year and they are only here for one day. Always dread that one day, though. Our audits always come back clean, but it's just having them here, over my shoulder, milling around the office, etc. that I dislike. Oh, and I have to be "fake cheery" all day. NOT my strong suit.

As someone who's been one of those auditors, I feel your pain. We know you don't want us there, but we have to be there, and we both have to pretend to be happy about it. All the while, we have to make sure we get the job done quickly enough to stay in budget, thoroughly enough to make sure we're catching the major things and providing quality service, but not so knit-picky as to tick off the administrators and have them switch firms.

That's why I prefer tax, but you learn less about bookkeeping and financial statements that way. Thankfully, I was interning at a firm that allowed me to try both.

So very true! Yes, finding that balance between making sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed and not being nit-picky is tough. Thank you for providing insight from the other side.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @ythannah wow I would've been really annoyed if someone commented on how much food I could eat. Like for all she knows you were just really hungry that day.

That was my initial reaction as well! I can't believe some of the things people post here that other people say to them.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Spent two hours last night talking myself into going to the gym... almost gave up on the idea as I sat in the tub (I'm probably one of the only people that likes to take a soak before their workout...

Anyways, resolved to go, got dressed, grabbed my bag and hopped in the car and headed off...

Then turned my car into the parking lot of the restaurant directly across the street from my gym and ate a bacon cheeseburger and fries in my gym clothes.

Like @leah4590, I'd been craving/obsessing over it for a while (best burger in my area, handmade fresh) and it really was totally worth it to "get it out of (into) my system". ;):p I truly do not regret it one bit!

Bonus confession: I'm going to this same restaurant next week for my birthday... for the exact same meal. :p So, I have to act as though it's been a while when my folks bring me, so they still feel it's "special". ;)

Edited to add: Just realized this is the second time in two weeks I ate a cheesebruger in my gym clothes... I guess this shall be my thing... (and I guess I'll always dangle 4lbs away from goal weight... I ain't even mad.)
  • leah4590
    leah4590 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you @hollandoats. I've been craving pizza for weeks and it was so worth giving in!

It's my birthday next week, too, and am planning to have a cheat day then make up for it the rest of the week. It helps my birthday's Monday haha as then I've got 6 days to get back on track before my next weigh in!
  • Shweet_heart
    Shweet_heart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The other day at work, there was cake and pie. I had two pieces of each, then went out to dinner, had a burger, fries and a McFlurry. Ugh, I felt horrible, but oh so good. I feel like I'm addicted to sugar again, and need to take control to try and cut back...
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Now-You%E2%80%99ll-See-It-Everywhere.jpg

OH MY! I had no idea what you were talking about and now I can't unsee it!!!!

I can not unsee it either!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I'm in a bad mood today so I'm purposely arguing with two dudes on the "Is it ok to fast one day?" thread on the Food & Nutrition board. Of course, it's two posters that argue with everyone and insist that they are right no matter what. I just responded to them both again. I'll have to see what nonsense they post next.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have a really bad habit of self harming whenever I eat gluten which I'm allergic too. It kind of scares me that I'll hurt myself over eating it. It only happens like once or twice every few months though. It happened yesterday, I wish I could kick the habit.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »

Me either. It's hilarious.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have a really bad habit of self harming whenever I eat gluten which I'm allergic too. It kind of scares me that I'll hurt myself over eating it. It only happens like once or twice every few months though. It happened yesterday, I wish I could kick the habit.

I'm violently allergic to chocolate, and I used to cave and eat a brownies/cake/candy/whatever to my heart's content and then just deal with the consequences. Eventually, the reaction just wasn't worth the reward.

Kind of like when I realized the temporary fun of drinking to excess is soooooo not worth the hangover. I think that qualifies me as old.

My point: There's hope!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    leah4590 wrote: »
    I've just eaten a medium margarita pizza and a garlic baguette. I've been craving it for WEEKS and in a bid to get past it, I've had it and tomorrow I go back to normal.

Do I feel better for having eaten it? Nope. But I knew if I didn't satisfy my craving it would just get worse so I did it!!!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it..." - Oscar Wilde :)

I have that quote (clipped out of a magazine with a huge picture of a piece of chocolate cake beneath the quote) pinned to the back of my door. Words to live by, as far as I'm concerned!
  • ccat1987
    ccat1987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    nellysen wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!

I do too! Even my friends that complain about feeling fat. There is a big difference between feeling fat and actually being fat. I know I should sympathize with them, but common!

Also, it drives me crazy when my already thin friends brag about loosing 5 lbs (or really any amount). I know I should be happy for them and sometimes I am...But I really just get annoyed. Especially since they seem to starve themselves to do it.

Okay, there is my little rant. I struggle with this...and I am working on accepting and encouraging them :) Even if they do suggest we go out for pizza (my huge food weakness).
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »

Me either. It's hilarious.

Unfortunately, it stays with you. I read the fitness sub on reddit, and there are constantly posts from people asking for form critiques, bf estimates, or posting about how they did in whatever competition. I see it on all of them now, not just that one picture.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Still guilty of late night snacking. However, last night unable to sleep I got up twice after midnight and ate. The good news (well maybe not) is that the snacks I had were items planned for later in the morning and day. I simply didn't have them as planned and am still on target for another successful day.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options

I'm violently allergic to chocolate, and I used to cave and eat a brownies/cake/candy/whatever to my heart's content and then just deal with the consequences. Eventually, the reaction just wasn't worth the reward.

Kind of like when I realized the temporary fun of drinking to excess is soooooo not worth the hangover. I think that qualifies me as old.

My point: There's hope!

Thanks. Yeah I've gotten better at not eating the things I'm allergic to and make me sick. I couldn't imagine being allergic to chocolate!

Reading over my first post, I don't know if what I said makes sense. It's not the eating gluten that's the self harm (although in a way it is too) but after I eat gluten I end up cutting myself or something of that nature :/
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm in a bad mood today so I'm purposely arguing with two dudes on the "Is it ok to fast one day?" thread on the Food & Nutrition board. Of course, it's two posters that argue with everyone and insist that they are right no matter what.
    A part of me has a feeling I'll 'recognize' the username of at least one of the posters-who-shall-remain-nameless (<-- nameless partially due to my not yet knowing which usernames are involved ;P ) ... (oh, and btw, I almost started this reply with "methinks" (for reasons I will never understand, that word pops into my mind at times, and promptly results in my feeling as though my 'speech' would then sound like a cross between a pirate and a 15th century Scottish barrister (?!) ))...

(...am barely refraining from hopping over to 'the thread in question' (am prepping some klieg lights, to shine one heckuva 'spotlight' on it ;) ), to see if I'm right about my 'hunch' (and should not be as on-the-edge-of-my-seat as I am (as though I were a contestant on some sort of game show that involved this as one of their 'games'...(?!) ;P ))

I just responded to them both again. I'll have to see what nonsense they post next.
    lmao

(I'll not 'make a peep' (literally or figuratively (in case it wasn't clear from earlier in the thread, I have no desire to fashion sugar-coated marshmallow-matter into the shape of chicks ;) )), but wanted you to know that were one to 'choose a side', if/when 'viewing' such a hornet's-nest -like argument (-- I mean, "civil discourse"... ;P ), then I'll have you know that my stealth 'support' (in all its 'this side of the keyboard' glory) will be firmly in your camp... ;) )
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    This morning I decided to buckle down and complete my morning deposits without wasting time on MFP in between, just to see how long it would actually take me to do them without interruption.

I finished over 2 hours earlier. :blush:

I think I totally read that wrong and suddenly had a picture of toilet door with computer stuff spilling out from underneath as you're normally online reading MFP whilst doing your morning... erhem ...'deposits'. And then wondered just how long they actually took. Made me giggle.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter

Because, facts.