Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Stupidest namers ever were my brother's previous neighbors. They had four kids and their names were Kyla(g), Kyle(b), Kyler(b), and Kylee(g). I just know there must be something missing from the gene pool or a LOT of drugs involved int he decision.

A former friend had a husband named Charles and they got twins and named them Charlie and Charley or something. I don't even. As if it wasn't annoying enough to have a twin.

There's a family where the dads name is Kevin and they have twins names Kevin and Nevik ...Yep.

Also dude named his twins William and William.

Came across a case child's name is Saule'berti. (Pronounce celebrity)

Oh boy. In your line of work I can only imagine the horrid names you see! Why, WHY do people do that to their kids?! Yes, I know, because they believe they are all special snowflakes and have to give them "unique" names. Ugh.

I also hate normal names but ridiculous spellings. Recently I've seen "Aughsleigh" (Ashley) and "Aleix" (Alex). What on earth is the point? Now the child will spend the rest of their life telling others how to correctly spell their name.
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I finally reached my goal weight at the end of January and have maintained this weight loss. My confessions:
    1) I'm afraid that eating one thing will make me fat all over again (even if it's just 1 piece of bread).
    2) I have 0 appetite and am NEVER hungry.
    3) I never eat in front of my mom unless she eats with me (which is almost never) because I'm afraid she's judging me for eating something and that I'm going to go back to my old eating habits (fast food 2-3 times a day, but I never eat that crap anymore, haven't since July 28, 2014).
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    What annoys me about names is when parents give their kids names that have similar endings. A family at a church I used to go to named their sons Carter, Parker, and Spencer. My brother's kids' names end in -en, -in, and -on. I don't know why, it just bugs me for some reason. I also don't like it when people name their kids and call them by their middle name. Example: Singer Josh Turner has a son named Crawford Marion and they call him Marion.

My name is incredibly unique and it is annoying because no one pronounces it or spells it right. All of my other siblings got normal names except my sister Shawn, but even that's not bad. My 10th grade health teacher never said it right for the entire semester. After correcting him for the third time, I gave up. I avoided participating in that class because I was embarrassed every time he called on me. I've thought about legally changing my name, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather be called.

I can understand some people who go by their middle name. For example, I have an uncle whose name is Shirley Gene. He goes by Gene. Grandma was the only one I ever heard call him Shirley.

Naming somebody and planning for it? I don't get that.

Sorry, but I can't help it. "...And don't call me Shirley!"
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Really want to lose the last ten pounds having a hard time. I cant stop eating, then the next day, I fast.

You are not alone. Sadly, this is an easy cycle to fall into, but a difficult one to break out of. When you get into the "can't stop eating" mode try stopping yourself, putting that food away and tell yourself it will be there tomorrow. And you can have it tomorrow. And if you keep eating normal / smaller amounts then you get to keep eating every day instead of fasting. Sorry, that's all I've got, but I hope it helps!
  • radiyanoor112
    radiyanoor112 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love snacks ( specially Chips). I do not log on a bad snacking day.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:
  • 81Katz
    Options
    When I got out of the army 10 years ago I was 5'6" and 190 pounds of muscle, I looked like a squat brick wall. Since then ive gained 60 pounds and look like I ate the old me.
    @jonathansilas1984 you can do it! Most of us are all in the same boat as you!

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Added- if you share your name, please share your childhood name based insult.

Mine was "smell-issa"

Ste-Fanny

Derelict
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm Vivienne, my parents spelled it Vivian - thanks mum and dad, that's the boys way. I changed it in school. I hate Viv, but get called it, a lot, I don't correct people, I just secretly hate them for a minute.

All I've really eaten today is sweets and snacks, no real proper food and a couple of Disaronno's.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love snacks ( specially Chips). I do not log on a bad snacking day.

Log it! Its therapeutic.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Jo.

it's is a very shortened nick name... but people still spell it Joe.

I'm like.

I can't.

Also.

Back to the pap thing- I'm generally pretty good with small talk- I like jokes- I make them put up man- mobiles for me (pretty pictures of men- like the little fishes when you were a kid at the dentist)... but when I went for a colposcopy- she came up for air (different lady) and pushed down the sheet bewteen my knees so she could see me and started blabbering on about Jennifer Aniston vs Angelina Jolie. That was the moment I knew what was "to much for me".

Move it along lady- move it along.

This is why I believe you should be under anesthesia for a colonoscopy! I've had 2 and my husband has had one and they don't even offer to keep you awake around here, thankfully.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I finally reached my goal weight at the end of January and have maintained this weight loss. My confessions:

2) I have 0 appetite and am NEVER hungry.

Congratulations! I wish I had this problem.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Food what is it about you that entraps me. I love carbs but my A1c said that they will kill me slowly. so on my last day before I started I ate an entire large pepperoni and extra cheese pizza and not a little so called 14" large from a chain place but an 18" from my favorite local pizza joint.
    @WilloughbyRobert
    I am sure some of have done the exact same thing. The 'last hurrah' meal. I've been there, done that myself!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

I'm going to guess Ruth or Rachel? Haha my first name is Laura and I enjoy my first and middle names!

Rachel :) I used to hate it when I was a kid (probably because there aren't any good nicknames. "Rae" - nah. "Rach" - hate it with the fire of a thousand suns). But I love it now!

My kids have proper nicknames, which comes with the territory of old timey names. They also have family nicknames.

"Butt head" and "fart butt".

Lol! My younger brother is 32 and he still answers to "butthead". Seriously, I could shout it in the middle of a store, and he'd turn around and say, "What?" :D
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm Vivienne, my parents spelled it Vivian - thanks mum and dad, that's the boys way. I changed it in school. I hate Viv, but get called it, a lot, I don't correct people, I just secretly hate them for a minute.

All I've really eaten today is sweets and snacks, no real proper food and a couple of Disaronno's.

I don't know any boys named Vivian, but I know at least 2 women that have that name, that spelling. Vivian.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Confession : I totally judge what people name their kids.

I have 4: Lindsay (Linds) , John (never, ever Johnny), Madelin (Madi) and Anna.

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    So, my first name is pretty easy to figure out, and my childhood nickname...several of my closest friends still call me this...Smellie Pretzel because my last name rhymes with Pretzel.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I don't know any boys named Vivian, but I know at least 2 women that have that name, that spelling. Vivian.

I don't know if you know about a comedy show called The Young Ones from England, there was a punk called Vyvyan - a man. I used to get that all the time at school, it got really boring.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Speaking of names, what about these celebrities that call their kids all these weird names like Apple and Blue Ivy and North West!!! Really???
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

I'm going to guess Ruth or Rachel? Haha my first name is Laura and I enjoy my first and middle names!

Rachel :) I used to hate it when I was a kid (probably because there aren't any good nicknames. "Rae" - nah. "Rach" - hate it with the fire of a thousand suns). But I love it now!

My kids have proper nicknames, which comes with the territory of old timey names. They also have family nicknames.

"Butt head" and "fart butt".

Lol! My younger brother is 32 and he still answers to "butthead". Seriously, I could shout it in the middle of a store, and he'd turn around and say, "What?" :D

Our "loving" nicknames from my older brother changed day to day... butthead, fart nugget, turd knocker, etc.
    When my brother and his ex were engaged and looking for houses, he used to call her "Opie" all the time (she was a red head), or "Ope" for short. The realtor truly thought her name was Opal and called her that. Ha!