Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I didn't take a single picture over Easter. No pictures of kids hunting eggs. No pictures of Easter outfits. No pictures of family get-together.

I didn't take any pictures either. I rarely do. I wish I would have though because my husband looked HOTTT!!! And, yes, that required all 3 T's. : ;)

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever spells my name right either...my name is Nichole, and I've very rarely seen anyone else with the same name spell it like that.

I've been asked if it's pronounced the same way. FFS...
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

... their last name was Carr.

If you have to issue a plea for no jokes....WHY

I know! Exactly. If for some reason you have always dreamed of naming your son Seymour, and you marry a man with the last name Butts, the obvious solution is to PICK A DIFFERENT NAME.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Heh!

I used to work with a woman who liked "unique" names. She named her son Wylie and would complain that the kids at school (kindergarten) called him Coyote. Um, okay, like that wasn't predictable.

I also went to college with a girl named Brienne Colby, called Brie.

Now I'm hungry for cheese.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    The Most Serious Question

The Struggle is real. That thread is not intended as a joke.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    The funniest "themed" names I've heard recently are from a couple with two boys, Hunter and Trapper. They're expecting their third, if it's a boy it'll be Fisher, if it's a girl it will be Timber.

None of the names on their own are horrible, but together they sound like a bunch of rednecks.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    You want some unique names? Watch the Maury show! :blush:
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat plain sugar out the bag with a spoon! I hide it so noone sees me, I'm so guilty! I just love it, the sweetness, the crunchiness. It's my little secret, so bad for me though. At least each tsp. is only 15 calories! :open_mouth:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

:no_mouth: I have absolutely no idea on that. Best of luck.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    All of this name talk just reminds me of my sister. When her and her husband were working on picking out baby names for their kids, they would run them by me so I could think of any way it could be made fun of/shortened/turned into a song/made offensive. We are 100% Greek and her hubs is 100% Indian so they wanted to keep the heritage in the name but boy oh boy are some of those names easy to make childish with jokes.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Are you using the raw entry for bacon? If so, I'd assume it accounts for the fat already, so I wouldn't count it a second time with the chicken.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My name is William, 95% of the time I meet someone I'll say "Hi I'm Will" they then say "Can I call you Bill" and I think no you dickface if I wanted to be called Bill I'd have said that.

Also my nickname since I was about 15 has been Fester. Nearly everyone but the people I work with call me that. I cannot recall the last time one of my parents or siblings used my actual name.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »

Are you using the raw entry for bacon? If so, I'd assume it accounts for the fat already, so I wouldn't count it a second time with the chicken.

No, I scan the label and add.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    All of this name talk just reminds me of my sister. When her and her husband were working on picking out baby names for their kids, they would run them by me so I could think of any way it could be made fun of/shortened/turned into a song/made offensive. We are 100% Greek and her hubs is 100% Indian so they wanted to keep the heritage in the name but boy oh boy are some of those names easy to make childish with jokes.

Dinners must be amazing there. shiehk kebabs and baba ghannouj
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Nobody ever spells my name right either...my name is Nichole, and I've very rarely seen anyone else with the same name spell it like that.

I've been asked if it's pronounced the same way. FFS...

There are 3 with that name in my work group (there are only 16 of us and 3 with the same name!) two spell it Nicole and one Nichole. Anyway, we don't call any of them by their first name, we use their last names, to keep it from getting confusing.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The funniest "themed" names I've heard recently are from a couple with two boys, Hunter and Trapper. They're expecting their third, if it's a boy it'll be Fisher, if it's a girl it will be Timber.

None of the names on their own are horrible, but together they sound like a bunch of rednecks.

I also know a couple who named their boys Hunter and Fisher! Posting their last name would violate their privacy, but if you only knew what it was. Makes me shake my head every time I think about what they did to those poor boys.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    My name is William, 95% of the time I meet someone I'll say "Hi I'm Will" they then say "Can I call you Bill" and I think no you dickface if I wanted to be called Bill I'd have said that.

Also my nickname since I was about 15 has been Fester. Nearly everyone but the people I work with call me that. I cannot recall the last time one of my parents or siblings used my actual name.

Too funny! If only you could really say that out loud.
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It is Venom Killer Taipan energy drink for me...it is full calorie and all kinds of gross chemicals...but I will skimp at lunch just so I can have one in the afternoon.
  • fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

OMG ME TOO!!! It's all quantity for me too...I get this immense happy feeling when I look at a large portions and know that I can eat the WHOLE THING!!! It must be residuals from my days of emotional over eating. I feel the same way you do!!! I don't binge eat often, but when I do it's like a psych visit to the glory days.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »

I always ask... do you prefer "This- or that- or what do you LIKE to be called"

And if it's weird- I make it a point to repeat it several times. I work at a desk- and I see a lot of people on a daily basis- and I try really hard to make sure I make people's names a priority- good costumer service and all.
    I like this idea.... A lot.

I love my doctors- they think it's awesome- and I'm glad we can have a good time. The actual ob-gyn- not so much- TO MUCH TO MUCH TO MUCH!!!
    I think you read it wrong... she said colposcopy.
    thank you- you were correct ;')