Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    i had gastric bypass in dec of 2008. i lost a total of 100lbs.....in the past couple of years, i've gained 40 back. i feel like a total failure, but somehow that's not enough to get me to actually work at fixing it. i can eat a regular person sized meal now, and i hate myself for it, like i spent years just ever so slowly re-expanding my stomach so i could keep stuffing my face.

but then on the other hand, i heart peanut butter cups and snack daily on fortune cookies (but only golden bowl!)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,556 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    My name is William, 95% of the time I meet someone I'll say "Hi I'm Will" they then say "Can I call you Bill" and I think no you dickface if I wanted to be called Bill I'd have said that.

Also my nickname since I was about 15 has been Fester. Nearly everyone but the people I work with call me that. I cannot recall the last time one of my parents or siblings used my actual name.

My name is Amanda. I hate when people want to call me Mandy. The only nickname I've allowed is Manders, given to me at my first job because there were 2 Amandas.

The name my brother would taunt me with as kids was Aman-DUH. (real original)

My sister is Amanda, another Megan (early 80's lack of originality there mom, thank you!) and I used to get her fighting mad by calling her, in order of offense "Mandy, Manda-Panda and A-man-DUH".
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    My mom and sister came home from work at 11 PM last night with subs, mozzarella sticks, and fried pickles. I proceeded to eat two slices of cheese pizza with jalapeño Tabasco even though I wasn't hungry. Fail. I really just need to shut my door and ignore them when they get home so that I don't eat.

Doing a crazy one-hour cardio workout today as punishment. lol

Aaaaaaaand I tweaked my lower back near the end. FML. When I hurt my back in January, I couldn't work out for 10 days. I am so pissed right now. Thanks, Bob Harper.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I'm Marissa, which was super uncommon when I was growing up so people would call me Martha, Mary, Melissa, it was super annoying.

The fat people checking in thing, I LOL to myself.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I've created a new hashtag for when you have awesome weight loss days

#thinning

use at your leisure.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've created a new hashtag for when you have awesome weight loss days

#thinning

use at your leisure.

Oh, how I wish this forum had "liking" or "repping."
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

I'm Jessi, and apparently I was ahead of the curve. Seems there were a crapton of Jessicas born when I was in middle school and high school. I was the only one at school, but we had about 12 Jennifers.
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Confession: One of secretaries at work coughs...constantly. It's a medical thing. She doesn't have a cold. I've been here six months. Seriously, she coughs every day, all day. My confession is that I want to strangle her! People close their office doors during the day and I am convinced it is because of her coughing. I wish the bosses would fire her just so I wouldn't have to listen to her cough. She's a nice lady and I feel kinda bad, but...

I don't work in the same office with her but there's a woman who walks the same way into work that I do and she does the same thing! Constant coughing but not even a good cough. I've been wondering what it would be like to work in an office with her all day every day!

• JPW1990
    Options
    Added- if you share your name, please share your childhood name based insult.

Mine was "smell-issa"

Messy Jessi...thanks Garbage Pail Kids
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Stupidest namers ever were my brother's previous neighbors. They had four kids and their names were Kyla(g), Kyle(b), Kyler(b), and Kylee(g). I just know there must be something missing from the gene pool or a LOT of drugs involved int he decision.

A former friend had a husband named Charles and they got twins and named them Charlie and Charley or something. I don't even. As if it wasn't annoying enough to have a twin.

There's a family where the dads name is Kevin and they have twins names Kevin and Nevik ...Yep.

Also dude named his twins William and William.

Came across a case child's name is Saule'berti. (Pronounce celebrity)

Oh boy. In your line of work I can only imagine the horrid names you see! Why, WHY do people do that to their kids?! Yes, I know, because they believe they are all special snowflakes and have to give them "unique" names. Ugh.

I also hate normal names but ridiculous spellings. Recently I've seen "Aughsleigh" (Ashley) and "Aleix" (Alex). What on earth is the point? Now the child will spend the rest of their life telling others how to correctly spell their name.

Exactly!! Another girl her name is Alexxa..very pretty name but two X'a which when I see it I automatically think x-rated!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    mellb34 wrote: »
    Confession: One of secretaries at work coughs...constantly. It's a medical thing. She doesn't have a cold. I've been here six months. Seriously, she coughs every day, all day. My confession is that I want to strangle her! People close their office doors during the day and I am convinced it is because of her coughing. I wish the bosses would fire her just so I wouldn't have to listen to her cough. She's a nice lady and I feel kinda bad, but...

I don't work in the same office with her but there's a woman who walks the same way into work that I do and she does the same thing! Constant coughing but not even a good cough. I've been wondering what it would be like to work in an office with her all day every day!

I can't stand chronic coughers- I almost broke up with my boyfriend because he had such bad post nasal drip and refused absolutely REFUSED to go get steroids for it.

Like dude. Do you have ANY concept of how effing annoying you are? for a simple solution? 60 minutes out of your life at the doctors office will save your life.

JUST.GO.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

Those and the stickers that show dogs and kids- way to go you just told that pedophile you have kids and a baby
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

Those and the stickers that show dogs and kids- way to go you just told that pedophile you have kids and a baby

Yeah. I want this one, personally

yourstickfigurefamilywasdeliciousebay.png

• JPW1990
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    The Most Serious Question

The Struggle is real. That thread is not intended as a joke.

Are you using the raw entry for bacon? If so, I'd assume it accounts for the fat already, so I wouldn't count it a second time with the chicken.

Most packaged, US bacon doesn't use raw weight. The labels all give info for cooked weight, and you have to weigh after cooking, then hope you're close to how much they cooked the averaging samples. They also all mostly include some kind of added salt/sugar in their curing, so if you use a generic raw weight, you're going to end up low on something else instead.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    The Most Serious Question

The Struggle is real. That thread is not intended as a joke.

Are you using the raw entry for bacon? If so, I'd assume it accounts for the fat already, so I wouldn't count it a second time with the chicken.

Most packaged, US bacon doesn't use raw weight. The labels all give info for cooked weight, and you have to weigh after cooking, then hope you're close to how much they cooked the averaging samples. They also all mostly include some kind of added salt/sugar in their curing, so if you use a generic raw weight, you're going to end up low on something else instead.

True enough, I need to double check mine at home. I scanned the (Canadian) Kirkland bacon, and it came up with "Kirkland bacon-raw", but I didn't double check the package to make sure it was actually raw or not.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I decided that I was going to have 8 GG Sandwich cookies for my lunch. I ate 4 chocolate ones (all that was left) and then ate 2 white ones. I decided the vanilla ones were lacking, so put the other two back.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    mellb34 wrote: »

I can't stand chronic coughers- I almost broke up with my boyfriend because he had such bad post nasal drip and refused absolutely REFUSED to go get steroids for it.

Like dude. Do you have ANY concept of how effing annoying you are? for a simple solution? 60 minutes out of your life at the doctors office will save your life.

JUST.GO.

IME the chronic coughers, sniffers, throat clearers, etc. do not hear themselves. They are totally clueless. My husband develops a dry, hacking cough every single winter for 3 - 4 months and I'm wondering how many more winters he is going to survive.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Also, I automatically hate -aiden/aden/ayden names. So if your kid is named Brayden, Ayden, Aiden, Braiden, Zayden, Zaiden, Jaiden, jaden, Jayden, Raiden, Rayden, Kaiden, Kayden, Kaden etc. . . .. . . i hate him/her already.

I confess I feel the same way about the names that end in "Y", like Kimberly, Tiffany, Brittany, Haley, Stephany, etc...

Kimberly here. I was nodding along with all of the name bashing on page 323 of the thread until I saw my own name get thrown into the mix. :(
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I confess, while trying not to judge, that I am annoyed that so many posts on this thread have become novellas. There are several posts that are a half page long...and ain't nobody got time for that. I may just be cranky because I am trying to catch up since Thursday!

I've been skipping those...

• octopi28
    octopi28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing! I've always felt like I was the mean one when I can't stand the constant coughs, kids stickers and so on, it's such a relief to see that most of us feel the same way!!

Confession: several times I used to eat the whole candy bag / ice cream pack / whatever else, and would buy a new one the following day to replace it, so no one would notice I ate it... How gross is this!... Feeling quite ashamed to put it out there!...