Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    North West takes the cake lately when it comes to DUMB names, but then again look at who her parents are. *sigh* What's next a boy named South West.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

I'm going to guess Ruth or Rachel? Haha my first name is Laura and I enjoy my first and middle names!

Rachel :) I used to hate it when I was a kid (probably because there aren't any good nicknames. "Rae" - nah. "Rach" - hate it with the fire of a thousand suns). But I love it now!

My kids have proper nicknames, which comes with the territory of old timey names. They also have family nicknames.

"Butt head" and "fart butt".

Lol! My younger brother is 32 and he still answers to "butthead". Seriously, I could shout it in the middle of a store, and he'd turn around and say, "What?" :D

Our "loving" nicknames from my older brother changed day to day... butthead, fart nugget, turd knocker, etc.
    When my brother and his ex were engaged and looking for houses, he used to call her "Opie" all the time (she was a red head), or "Ope" for short. The realtor truly thought her name was Opal and called her that. Ha!

Fart knocker is my sister in law. I wish I was kidding. I am flea fart, since I lost so much weight. If I ever complain of being too full or something I hear "shut up flea fart!"
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Jo.

it's is a very shortened nick name... but people still spell it Joe.

I'm like.

I can't.

Also.

Back to the pap thing- I'm generally pretty good with small talk- I like jokes- I make them put up man- mobiles for me (pretty pictures of men- like the little fishes when you were a kid at the dentist)... but when I went for a colposcopy- she came up for air (different lady) and pushed down the sheet bewteen my knees so she could see me and started blabbering on about Jennifer Aniston vs Angelina Jolie. That was the moment I knew what was "to much for me".

Move it along lady- move it along.

This is why I believe you should be under anesthesia for a colonoscopy! I've had 2 and my husband has had one and they don't even offer to keep you awake around here, thankfully.

I think you read it wrong... she said colposcopy.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

Hi Tami (I was tempted to write Tammy or Tammi...). I'm Christina and everyone spells or says it wrong. My name is my email address at work and I still get "Christine" on a weekly basis. Or I introduce myself and get "oh Chris? Christy? Chrissy? Tina? Christine?" Did I SAY any of those? No.
    The funny thing is, I have the least foreign name of any of my siblings. My last name is insanely difficult to pronounce for people in the US but my first name shouldn't be so hard... /rant.
  • pkarlys
    pkarlys Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I'm over my count goals for the day and I know there just isn't enough time or energy left in the day to put myself back in the green, I just won't complete my dairy entry for the day and try to start over fresh the next day. **facepalm**
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Jo.

I'm like.

I can't.

Also.

Back to the pap thing- I'm generally pretty good with small talk- I like jokes- I make them put up man- mobiles for me (pretty pictures of men- like the little fishes when you were a kid at the dentist)... but when I went for a colposcopy- she came up for air (different lady) and pushed down the sheet bewteen my knees so she could see me and started blabbering on about Jennifer Aniston vs Angelina Jolie. That was the moment I knew what was "to much for me".

I like this idea.... A lot.

And this name conversation has me shaking my head. Especially the twin-naming fiasco. I mean, what??

Consequently, I'm now thinking of that statistic regarding twins skipping generations and such. My husband and I are both the generations that would be due to have twins. I am not pleased with this.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

I love that it makes you stabby, I often feel stabby and sometimes worry for my sanity.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My name is Twyla and when I was in elementary school, the kids would sing it - Twyla-la-la-la-la.

My kids are William, Courtney, Alexandra and Sophia. I am very annoyed that Princess Sofia spells it with a "f". Now everyone spells my Sophia incorrectly.
  • radiyanoor112
    radiyanoor112 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel disgusted to see Fat people check-in to restaurants and uploading food pictures on Facebook,
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - birthday in 2 days and I'm already above maintenance for the week. So much for saving calories.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    My name is Twyla and when I was in elementary school, the kids would sing it - Twyla-la-la-la-la.

My kids are William, Courtney, Alexandra and Sophia. I am very annoyed that Princess Sofia spells it with a "f". Now everyone spells my Sophia incorrectly.

I didn't realize what I was doing to my daughter when I named her Alexandria.
    She has a long name to spell out every time because people ignore the "i".
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Jo.

I'm like.

I can't.

Also.

This is why I believe you should be under anesthesia for a colonoscopy! I've had 2 and my husband has had one and they don't even offer to keep you awake around here, thankfully.

I think you read it wrong... she said colposcopy.

Oh, you're right! Sorry. Sometimes my job gets in the way of giving this thread the proper attention it deserves.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

... their last name was Carr.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Jo.

I'm like.

I can't.

Also.

One of my best friends is a TV reporter in another state. She recently had to get a colonoscopy, and the nurse goes "I recognize you from TV!" O_O
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    I'm Christina and everyone spells or says it wrong. My name is my email address at work and I still get "Christine" on a weekly basis. Or I introduce myself and get "oh Chris? Christy? Chrissy? Tina? Christine?" Did I SAY any of those? No.

Yaaaasss, that's what I mean! I get Kristine, Kristina, Kirsten, Kristy, Kris, etc. It's Kristen, people! LOL
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options

Yea I saw that one. I'm still determining whether or not I want to jump in there.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

... their last name was Carr.

If you have to issue a plea for no jokes....WHY
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Heh!

I used to work with a woman who liked "unique" names. She named her son Wylie and would complain that the kids at school (kindergarten) called him Coyote. Um, okay, like that wasn't predictable.

I also went to college with a girl named Brienne Colby, called Brie.