Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• PaulaMarie1412
    PaulaMarie1412 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I can relate. Going to see what my tummy looks like when I lose the weight. I am tempted to get a tummy tuck!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I really need to tighten up on tracking my calories and stop guesstimating.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession. I've just downloaded the Navy information from the other post because those PDF's explain things better than anyone has. Plus I now know where I stand on the fitness level, and it isn't good. :confounded:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I'm glad Glen made it. :smile:

Glen is the only character left that I really like :/

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

I cannot STAND Daryl.....Carol I feel indifferent about

I need Daryl to cut his hair. Full stop.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

Daryl is the best. And Carol turned into such a bada$$

This! ^
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    And I sometimes listen to NPR during my commute. I guess I'm old.

I listen to NPR, and I'm 27 :)

I don't listen to the radio anymore, but I do listen to NPR podcasts.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    So I've had to do some soul-searching since bring up my daughter here (you all are terrific, thanks). There are enough symptoms to indicate a possible eating disorder and some that indicate a physical problem. Her doctor and I will keep sorting through them and get her whatever she needs. But... assuming she does have an eating disorder, does it make any sense for me to be watching my weight on here? I really asked myself that and didn't log food/exercise for a few days. I'm still thinking about it. I'm at a healthy, normal weight. I met my initial goal (in my head) of losing the 2 - 3 pound creep up I gained in the last year. But I thought I'd build in a little cushion as I'm at the "high" weight of the three weights I like. We are not talking big numbers (five pounds to eight pounds depending on what end of what fluctuation you measure from...but at my leisurely rate it could be a year to do it...fine with me, just slow movement in the right direction). What I've tentatively decided (and I didn't tell her I was recording my foods, etc.) is to keep recording and keep adding in more exercises to my daily routine. My weekends are non-stop moving working on my house and landscape or being out and about with my SO. My weekdays I'm getting more and more built in. I figure that by keeping on track and adding in more activity I'll slowly inch down without it being a "thing". It just seems weird for me to lose weight when she is ordered not to, I know we're different people, I just want to be supportive of her health when I don't "need" to lose. UGH. I'm rambling.

You seem like such an awesome mom!

I would just be careful about talking about losing weight or making negative comments about your body in front of your daughter. I've come to the conclusion that one of the reasons I can't stop tracking my intake is because my mom has been trying to lose weight for years and constantly talks about how fat she is (even though she's honestly not even fat) and how she needs more self control. I never wanted to be as miserable as her or lose control and not be able to lose weight so now I can't stop. Not saying it's all her fault though because obviously I'm old enough to think logically about this now but yeah.

You're an awesome mom for thinking about how you could be affecting your daughter and for getting the help she needs!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm really, really annoyed that MFP is releasing a Premium version that contains so many features their loyal users have been asking for since Lord-knows-when. I feel like an old friend has betrayed me. :|:s:'(

Uh what???
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    sydkins432 wrote: »
    I haven't gone over my calorie intake in over 50 days. My fitbit says i burn between 2300 and 3000 calories a day and I have only lost 5 pounds. I think they're is something wrong with me, but I am afraid to go to the doctor.

How much weight do you have to lose? Are you tracking your food on a digital food scale to make sure you're eating the correct portion?

Are you sure your fitbit is correct? I ran a marathon yesterday and only burned 2673 calories (46K steps). Unless you are running marathons every day or doing some other extended extreme exercise, your fitbit might be giving you inaccurate information...

@pofoster21 are you sure your FitBit is correct? I know different people burn differently, but I average 12K steps a day and maintain at 2100 a day (33, 5'5'', 130-135) and I'm really not doing much more than walking now. I would think a marathon would get you a lot more than 2700...

ETA: grammar is hard

Fitbit includes your BMR in its burn. It's possible the pofoster is talking about a burn in addition to BMR.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options

The thread has definitely moved on by now, but I have to say Daryl is amazing, I love Daryl, if he dies, for me, TWD is over! Also love kick-*kitten* Carol!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm really, really annoyed that MFP is releasing a Premium version that contains so many features their loyal users have been asking for since Lord-knows-when. I feel like an old friend has betrayed me. :|:s:'(

Uh what???

Yes, I know I'm ridiculous, but no judgement! ;) Unless your "What???" was about the premium version, in which case... It's totally true!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Put on another pound this week. I was so confident I had lost weight this week, yesterday after going to the gym for 40min at lunch AND going for a 30min run/walk when I got home I thought I would indulge myself in a 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry's... now I wish I hadn't. I know its not entirely Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's fault, but I just kinda wish I hadn't done it now. I have now put on 2lbs in two weeks, and after a month of eating 1400 calories a day and not losing anything, I have decided to lower it down to 1200 calories. If that doesn't work I'm thoroughly confused.

Is it that TOM? I always bank on gaining an extra 1-5 pounds the week before and week of.... Just a thought. Someone posted this earlier and it is apt description of this "journey"

Edit: I guess I can't post images from my phone :(
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

The thread has definitely moved on by now, but I have to say Daryl is amazing, I love Daryl, if he dies, for me, TWD is over! Also love kick-*kitten* Carol!

I feel the same about Daryl. I think I would truly be heartbroken if he died. :(
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    So I've had to do some soul-searching since bring up my daughter here (you all are terrific, thanks). There are enough symptoms to indicate a possible eating disorder and some that indicate a physical problem. Her doctor and I will keep sorting through them and get her whatever she needs. But... assuming she does have an eating disorder, does it make any sense for me to be watching my weight on here? I really asked myself that and didn't log food/exercise for a few days. I'm still thinking about it. I'm at a healthy, normal weight. I met my initial goal (in my head) of losing the 2 - 3 pound creep up I gained in the last year. But I thought I'd build in a little cushion as I'm at the "high" weight of the three weights I like. We are not talking big numbers (five pounds to eight pounds depending on what end of what fluctuation you measure from...but at my leisurely rate it could be a year to do it...fine with me, just slow movement in the right direction). What I've tentatively decided (and I didn't tell her I was recording my foods, etc.) is to keep recording and keep adding in more exercises to my daily routine. My weekends are non-stop moving working on my house and landscape or being out and about with my SO. My weekdays I'm getting more and more built in. I figure that by keeping on track and adding in more activity I'll slowly inch down without it being a "thing". It just seems weird for me to lose weight when she is ordered not to, I know we're different people, I just want to be supportive of her health when I don't "need" to lose. UGH. I'm rambling.

If she has an ED, it might be worth talking to her doctor to figure out if seeing you monitoring intake would contribute to the problem. It sounds like eating and moving more intuitively might work. If it were me, I would try out your suggested method for 6 weeks while still weighing on occasion and see what happens.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Put on another pound this week. I was so confident I had lost weight this week, yesterday after going to the gym for 40min at lunch AND going for a 30min run/walk when I got home I thought I would indulge myself in a 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry's... now I wish I hadn't. I know its not entirely Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's fault, but I just kinda wish I hadn't done it now. I have now put on 2lbs in two weeks, and after a month of eating 1400 calories a day and not losing anything, I have decided to lower it down to 1200 calories. If that doesn't work I'm thoroughly confused.

I thought I was doing well, exercising 6 days a week, eating better, then managed to lose 2lb last week (eventually). Got weighed yesterday, I'd put 1lb on - no real explanation, TOM doesn't really affect me (well not in putting weight on usually). Yesterday was not a good day! I was ready to commit despicable acts :(.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Maybe strive for fitness, rather than weight loss? Set some goals (run a 5k, squat your body weight, etc) and work towards those? That shows that you're maximizing your body's potential and appreciating it for what it can do, not that it doesn't look exactly the way you want.
  • Lois_1989
    edited April 2015
    Options

Is it that TOM? I always bank on gaining an extra 1-5 pounds the week before and week of.... Just a thought. Someone posted this earlier and it is apt description of this "journey"

Edit: I guess I can't post images from my phone :(

I thought I was doing well, exercising 6 days a week, eating better, then managed to lose 2lb last week (eventually). Got weighed yesterday, I'd put 1lb on - no real explanation, TOM doesn't really affect me (well not in putting weight on usually). Yesterday was not a good day! I was ready to commit despicable acts :(.

Well, I'm thinking maybe it is. It's not until next week (hopefully) but it seems to be a trend. The only reason I say no is that it takes me the rest of the month to lose it again.
    76igezwyxadt.jpg

My progression isn't very good, but the same as @ScarletShopaholic I exercise 6 days a week three of those days is 40min gym and then a 30min run when I get home. The other three is a 40 - 90 min swim (depending on how much time I have)
    I'm just going to knuckle down on weighing and see what happens...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

If you're logging properly and not overestimating your exercise, there's no way that 1 pound is fat. Water weight fluctuations are completely normal and not a cause to panic. Some weeks you gain, some weeks you lose, some weeks you don't lose anything, some weeks you lose a lot... it's not linear. That's why I liked weighing every day, it's easier to see the way it works and less disappointing when you gain a pound if it's only been a day and not a week (plus for all you don't know, you were 1 pound lighter the day before you weighed in too).

For what it's worth, when you have more to lose, you might not notice any changes with TOM, but when you have a smaller deficit and lose slower, it's more obvious. It didn't affect me until I lost 30 pounds or something, and that's when I started only losing the week after my period, then nothing until the next one... That's when weighing every day helped, I was able to figure out the pattern, so now I only weigh myself the week after my period, every day until the scale stops moving for 3 days, then I log that number, and don't weigh myself until the next period... Easier to see my 'real' weight fluctuations this way. Otherwise it would just be frustrating.

So... log properly (weighing helped me for that), and trust the science. 3500 calories = 1 pound. Then it's all math.

Speaking of TOM, I might have shouted a big 'YES' when it finally showed up last night. I'm probably going to take the next 2 weeks losing the weight I gained this week now. Really got to stick to the plan. But at least I don't look much fatter at all in the mirror, so that's something.

And yesterday I was watching the news and just realized that I'm an idiot for getting worked up so much about gaining one pound. But I guess everything is different when you're in a hormonal craze.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

I need Daryl to cut his hair. Full stop.

OMG, yes. I mean, Carol has managed to keep her short and sassy style in the midst of the ZA; surely Daryl can do the same.
  • Lois_1989
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Speaking of TOM, I might have shouted a big 'YES' when it finally showed up last night. I'm probably going to take the next 2 weeks losing the weight I gained this week now. Really got to stick to the plan. But at least I don't look much fatter at all in the mirror, so that's something.

Ha ha EVERY time. Then after the initial elation, its 'ah cr*p this again...'