Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Rashmi411 wrote: »
    I am now 170lbs I spent 2 years going from 191 to 123. I had the help of a fabulous online trainer. I ate 2 cinnabons yesterday with at least 64 grams of carbs each. My exercise has been off. I;ve been feeling sad that my ex died. My current boyfriend calls me names. We broke up when I was 135lbs. I started going out with him again at 151. He calls me fatty or fat *kitten*, thunder thighs. I know I am responsible for my weight. My exercising was so strong when I lost weight the first time. Many days I get hungry and eat over the limit. My preparation isn't the best. Plus I am drinking 2-3 glasses of water. I know I can turn this around. My fitnesspal helped me once but its so easy to gain weight back. The biggest thing I've said is I'll start tomorrow. That's BS. I will not say that again to let me be unhealthy today. I got this...

Want to lose weight quickly? Dump the POS boyfriend.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I'm a little nervous. We got a new director for our department at work almost a year ago. She just called an all department staff meeting for 3 today (she has never have one of these) I think some big changes are coming and I am not a big fan of changes in my work routine.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm a little nervous. We got a new director for our department at work almost a year ago. She just called an all department staff meeting for 3 today (she has never have one of these) I think some big changes are coming and I am not a big fan of changes in my work routine.

Think positive. At my old job I had to help do a project that was presented in meeting like that, and wasn't allowed to tell anyone what was going on. I felt bad because people were getting really nervous and edgy about it, but it was actually a roll out to a new bonus system that would add to everyone's check.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh.

Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

• Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Russandol wrote: »
    Russandol wrote: »
    1) I spent most of Friday evening and Sunday reading this thread. I'm now up to page 250.

2) I have issues with mindless eating. I wouldn't say I binge, but I sometimes eat rather aggressively, just shovelling stuff in to finish all of what I have on my plate/the box I'm holding. And then I feel a bit sick and uncomfortable afterwards. I don't know why I do it. I think it has something to do with being bullied for being fat and being uncomfortable eating around people (my father would tease me about how much I ate when I was younger, not maliciously but thinking he was being affectionate, and it's made me a little awkward about eating when he's around). The stupid thing is that I've lived on my own for 15 years, so there's no one around when I eat, but I still cram stuff in like I was trying to finish it before someone sees me.

I was about to ask if you have siblings because that behavior is normally from a large family and it is fights for seconds. I used to tell my boyfriend he eats like a prisoner because he ate so fast. Then he would get indigestion and hiccups because he ate so fast he was swallowing air at the same time. Now I make him sit at a table and put his knife and fork down between mouthfuls. I would say you are getting pains because you are also swallowing air.

I actually only have a younger sister, and I can't really recall there being any fighting over the food when we were younger. Unless you count my dad, who would (and still does) just grab seconds without even checking, let alone asking, if anyone else wanted some. :disappointed: Mostly, I think it's a shame thing. I don't want anyone to see me eat because I feel ashamed of my size, which was why I would sneak food when I still lived at home. Might be a remnant from those times. The silly thing? I wasn't huge then, just a couple of kilos overweight. I'm still only about 10-15 kg overweight, but the amount of self-loathing and self-esteem issues I have could make you think I was much bigger.

The air thing sounds plausible, though. I probably am.

Well, I think everyone hides naughty food. I have biscuits in my drawer at work. :confounded: But I only have one if I really want one. I won't tell myself I cant have them EVER again but if it is Gym day and I fancy something sweet I will allow myself one... or two. but no more and savor them.
    It sounds more like you are secretive eating so people can't judge you.
    Do you do it with just naughty food or all food? I would go with what JPW1990 suggests

It's all food, really. And yeah, it's probably to keep people from judging me. I really don't like eating in public, I always worry that some stranger is going to comment on it. Even light-hearted comments from friends like "Where do you fit all of that, that burger was huge!" or "Wow, you really were hungry, weren't you?" can make me feel terribly ashamed even though I know it's a joke and absolutely not malicious.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Growing up, I always gave my dad *kitten* because he only bought cash cars, kept them alive as long as possible, and then when it died, he'd buy another clunker. I always said I'd never be like that.

Aaaand now my 15 yr old car is in the shop again, and I'm crossing my fingers that my mechanic will say "time to junk it" (instead of fixing it again) and FORCE me to get a new one (and it will be NEW.)

However, if he says "I can fix it for $400", the Cheapness DNA in me will fix it & drive it for another year. Thanks, Pops!

Overall, that's not necessarily a bad thing to have! But, it can hinder you at times, particularly if you are repeating a pattern from a parent that you don't necessarily like. If you buy something brand new, what will you get? (I can relate because my dad and I are both the same when it comes to money.)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I have been feeling guilty about something that happened 16 years ago....lately it has been really driving me mad and even kept me awake last night.....

Is there any way of making peace with the situation?

Sadly no :(

That stinks. I hate unresolved issues like that. Especially when they come back to haunt you after you think it's gotten better. Dealing with something like that myself right now and I have absolutely no way of fixing it.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

I am VERY spoiled in the car dept. Since we married almost 33 years ago I have had a new car pretty much every 3-4 years. I did drive the one previous to the one I have now for 7 years however (I LOVED that car, and it was still like new when I replaced it) only replaced it because my daughter was in desperate need of a vehicle to drive and rather than buy her something new we got a new car and passed my Mustang down to her. (that and I needed something with 4 doors since I keep my grandson so much) So we got a Cadillac CTS- and did a lease for the first time ever - so my lease is almost up on it. I do love my Cadillac, but have decided that I need something with more seating capacity since we have another grand baby on the way and another son who is trying to start their family. My husband wants to buy another NEW vehicle but I have been seriously considering buying used this time. It just makes so much more sense financially.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.
  • KatieH12271
    KatieH12271 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If I need extra calories for the day, I will google calorie counts for the most mundane of activities (Laundry, grocery shopping) just to add them back in... I know I'm only cheating myself, but that's how I justify it to myself :wink: and to Will_Run_For_Food... when we were kids, my sister and I used to roll white bread up into a ball, spread it with butter and then roll it in the hot chocolate powder to make our own "munchkins" LOL
  • TheJenProject
    TheJenProject Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I give the box of Ferro Rochers that my BF`s mom buys me every holiday (Easter, Christmas etc..) to my younger sister (she is naturally slim). If I keep it I know I will eat it. Also, I physically need to move food or hide it under things, if it`s not in my eyesight I won`t feel temptation to eat it! One last one: I have become addicted to suger-free gum especially yummy dessert flavored ones!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I get really jealous when other people get delicious food, and I don't. My husband is going out for ribs tonight with a buddy, and I'm scowling about the spaghetti I planned for dinner.

I'd way rather have spaghetti!

@quiksylver296 you've never had good ribs then.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    What a terrible, draining, soul sucking weekend. I'll skip the next few of those, kthxbai

DITTO!!!

• Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Confession- I ate an unreasonable amount of junk food Friday night- and enjoyed every bite!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I get really jealous when other people get delicious food, and I don't. My husband is going out for ribs tonight with a buddy, and I'm scowling about the spaghetti I planned for dinner.

I've had good ribs, but mmmmmm spaghetti!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

I am VERY spoiled in the car dept. Since we married almost 33 years ago I have had a new car pretty much every 3-4 years. I did drive the one previous to the one I have now for 7 years however (I LOVED that car, and it was still like new when I replaced it) only replaced it because my daughter was in desperate need of a vehicle to drive and rather than buy her something new we got a new car and passed my Mustang down to her. (that and I needed something with 4 doors since I keep my grandson so much) So we got a Cadillac CTS- and did a lease for the first time ever - so my lease is almost up on it. I do love my Cadillac, but have decided that I need something with more seating capacity since we have another grand baby on the way and another son who is trying to start their family. My husband wants to buy another NEW vehicle but I have been seriously considering buying used this time. It just makes so much more sense financially.

Oooh, Cadillac CTS's are sweet. I really want an SRX. Those things are smokin' hot!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    jennapace3 wrote: »
    I give the box of Ferro Rochers that my BF`s mom buys me every holiday (Easter, Christmas etc..) to my younger sister (she is naturally slim). If I keep it I know I will eat it. Also, I physically need to move food or hide it under things, if it`s not in my eyesight I won`t feel temptation to eat it! One last one I have become addicted to suger-free gum especially yummy dessert flavored ones!

LOL.... I only chew one kind of gum and that's Extra Mint Chocolate Chip. It's not too much like dessert that you swallow it immediately though. In fact it's rather long lasting on flavor. Great appetite suppressant for me. :)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Co-signed... Ribs > Spaghetti (or anything else Italian for that matter. Ribs all day)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    What a terrible, draining, soul sucking weekend. I'll skip the next few of those, kthxbai

DITTO!!!

What was it about this weekend?! Sounds like too many of us had a bad one. Hope things start to improve for everyone.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    I forgot about this one...

Pre kids I worked full time as a vet tech. My husband, who is a hunter, would constantly go deer hunting on Saturday and after work and was never home. Oh, and every single year he'd get a deer and then have all his cave man friends over to stare at it, take pics of the carcass, and high 5 each other like idiots...Anyhow, one year I brought home some really stinky cat urine from an unneutered male cat and sprinkled it all over his hunting clothes. Let's just say that year he didn't get a deer! o:)

LOL, your awesome