Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have an anxiety disorder. I still don't understand the Cheerios girl.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Oh my gawdddd. This girl is exhausting. I love how all of the suggestions from yesterday she's magically tried every single one of them and none of them fixed her deficiency overnight. Ughhh.

I started reading the Cheerios thread yesterday and was about to give up when someone posted a GIF of Rick force-feeding Aaron a spoonful of applesauce!! Honestly, laughing over that made reading the first six pages worth it :)
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I confess that I tried p90x, but listening to Tony Horton's voice & banter made me want to punch him in the face.

The Spartacus DVDs are sooooo much better.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • ncbeachybum
    ncbeachybum Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I make excuses about my attempts at weight loss and I am constantly putting off my diet until tomorrow....and tomorrow never comes. Truthfully, I think I'm just lazy.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest. I feel better.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I confess that I tried p90x, but listening to Tony Horton's voice & banter made me want to punch him in the face.

• melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Anxiety disorder confession-

I haven't had a Pap smear since before my three year old was born. Actually since before I got pregnant...like a few years before.

I cannot relax enough to get it done, and I have made several appointments. Sometimes I even get as far as to change into the gown.

As soon as the nurse/doctor comes in My brain goes "RAPE! DANGER! FIRE!!!!" And I am unable to get my feet in the stirrups.

When not on anxiety medication, I have similar experiences doing mundane things, like buying yogurt. (How long have I been in the yogurt section? Too long? Should I just leave? I bet they all think I am some sort of yogurt fetishist. Well now I can't leave without the yogurt....I've come too far!)
  • melimomTARDIS
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Added, my primary care doc has prescribed me Xanax for my next attempt, and suggested I come in a little drunk as well. (With someone to drive me obviously)

Yes. You read that right. Drunk.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I just joined in.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

So hearing him poorly quote Forrest Gump and the one girl saying GERMAN POTATO SOUP didn't cut it for ya?

I would mute him during yoga. Plus any video with Dreya annoyed me to no end.

Confession: my sister and I will randomly say stupid Tony phrases to each other at the gym to get the other person to laugh.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Mothers day is coming up. I never ask for anything. I've always felt bad at the idea of it because growing up my mother would make me and her other two kids and actual list on paper of all the things she wanted.

My husband mentioned a week or so ago he wanted to get me something. I just asked him if it would be ok if he would get me a set of kettle bells. I feel really guilty for actually asking for something.

Guuuuurl. You are awesome and deserve to be treated as such. If hubby wants to get you something let him get you five something and do not feel guilty. You carried his sperms for 9months.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty scared of pap smears myself. I got my first one last year at age 20, and was just so embarrassed and terrified. The worst thing was that he held off on "scraping my uterus" or whatever because I was not yet 21, and told me to come back when I was 21.... a couple months later. Argh, just get that all over with at once :(

Despite my mom's constant reassurance that it's no big deal, it's just so awkward and uncomfortable for me.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I don't have much experience with liquor. I went out today and bought some Kahlua because I wanted some alcoholic coffee (whoops). I tried some in my coffee and think I made the wrong decision. It would go a lot better if I also had some cream in there or something, but I HATE sugary coffee. I think brings down the quality of good coffee by a lot :( Any drinks you guys can suggest I make with Kahlua? Not planning on drinking it all very fast... I have calories to bank!

Get some vodka and then you can make White Russians! Bailey's is much better in coffee than Kahlua!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Anxiety disorder confession-

I haven't had a Pap smear since before my three year old was born. Actually since before I got pregnant...like a few years before.

I cannot relax enough to get it done, and I have made several appointments. Sometimes I even get as far as to change into the gown.

As soon as the nurse/doctor comes in My brain goes "RAPE! DANGER! FIRE!!!!" And I am unable to get my feet in the stirrups.

When not on anxiety medication, I have similar experiences doing mundane things, like buying yogurt. (How long have I been in the yogurt section? Too long? Should I just leave? I bet they all think I am some sort of yogurt fetishist. Well now I can't leave without the yogurt....I've come too far!)
    I'm pretty scared of pap smears myself. I got my first one last year at age 20, and was just so embarrassed and terrified. The worst thing was that he held off on "scraping my uterus" or whatever because I was not yet 21, and told me to come back when I was 21.... a couple months later. Argh, just get that all over with at once :(

Despite my mom's constant reassurance that it's no big deal, it's just so awkward and uncomfortable for me.

Try having a Bartholin's gland abscess lanced. In Emergency, with a doctor you've known for two minutes.

And then you have to return daily to have the cavity packed with gauze.

That pretty much tops my list of procedures-I-never-want-done-again.
  • melimomTARDIS
    edited April 2015
    Options

I've grit my teeth through a few, done while I was clenching like a mf'er. So now I associate Pap smears with horrible pain. Yeah. It sucks.

I try to override my brain with logic, but my brain just freaks out on me. Unfortunately my fear of paps has now spread, and made me afraid of all contact with doctors.

My heart beats like a damn drum just getting my blood pressure taken.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Every time I walk by the road I keep getting catcalled and it makes me feel really uncomfortable and unsafe, especially at night :( it's worse because we don't have a car, so I don't really have a choice. I just want to buy my groceries and books without being harassed. I keep thinking that if I were really skinny again it wouldn't happen.

I'm sorry you feel unsafe. I hate that women have to feel that way.

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've gained seventy lbs since I graduated high school less than a year ago. I was already over weight. Ive been telling myselft "tomorrow I'll start losing weight". I never did. I just got this app and I'm GOING TO lose weight this time.

Hell yeah you are. And you will be so amazed and proud.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Mothers day is coming up. I never ask for anything. I've always felt bad at the idea of it because growing up my mother would make me and her other two kids and actual list on paper of all the things she wanted.

My husband mentioned a week or so ago he wanted to get me something. I just asked him if it would be ok if he would get me a set of kettle bells. I feel really guilty for actually asking for something.

Don't feel guilty! That's an awesome Mother's Day present!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I have not been keeping up with MFP. I'm learning Mandarin, reading books that intelligent people should have read (like 1984. Next up is The alchemist followed by Lolita), reducing procrastination at work, lifting 2x a week, martial arts 2x a week, eating more fruits and veggies and eating out less, being more social, hiking more, my first 5k is Saturday...AHHHHHHH!!!!! Counting calories has been dropping pretty low in my to-do list especially since I'm happy with my body (though I'm always trying to improve).

I also confess that I have a HUGE drawer full of food/snacks at work. I think I might have a bit of starvation anxiety for some reason. I almost always have a piece of really good chocolate (screw hersheys seriously) at 3pm(ish)

Quite an impressive list of goals! I aspire to do similar, as I'm always trying to improve myself as a person, but I'm not nearly this ambitious. Plus, I read The Alchemist last year and was disappointed that I did not have an awe-inspiring reaction to it or whatever it is supposed to do. I guess I didn't "get it"? Perhaps I should re-read it. I get discouraged when I really try to expand my horizons and fail miserably. The next book I read was Joan Rivers "Diary of a Mad Woman". Now, THAT I "got"! Hilarious.

I listen to audiobooks! There is an app called overdrive that connects to your library and you get all the books you could want for free right on your phone. Now I am getting two things done during my commute, while cooking, doing dishes etc. Makes all of it more enjoyable. Maybe I won't like the alchemist. Who knows? Atlas shrugged was a SLOG.

Really? That would be great. I was not aware of this. Thank you! I'm going to try this.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Also- I tried to get out of giving birth, twice. I was begging the staff to let me go home, and I'd do the whole baby thing another day.

Never mind that I must have c sections, so there is a whole o.r. prepped and waiting for me. And I'm dragging my feet, making up excuses.

Was given a liquid "chill out" med for my last birth, because I was hyperventilating. "I don't wanna do this!!!!", choking, crying.