Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I've never watched TWD. I tend to get nightmares when I watch zombie stuff... Although I do love Shaun of the Dead. Maybe this thread will inspire me to check it out.

I get nightmares too! My husband has been bugging the crap out of me to watch it, but I hate having nightmares!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Fair point. It's already been shot down that there is CDC involvement considering the season 1 development. It'd be interesting to see if they take the bioterrorism route or if it's more like Planet of the Apes -- the James Franco one -- where it's just one unlucky person who happens to spread it to 5 friends, then they spread it to their 5 friends, so on and so forth. Or what genetic mutation happens to make it so some people were instantly turned and not others.

I do wish they'd show how it's handled in colder locations. I'd like to believe the zombies would be slower in like..a Cleveland winter. Or maybe I'm wishful thinking so I could actually run away from them :).
    I think this is briefly brought up in the original comics.

I really need to play season 2 of TWD games and catch up with the comics. :disappointed:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I get jealous when people post pictures of their meals because there's just not way I would be satisfied with such a little amount of food, and it makes me wonder if I'm not normal or something.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I get jealous when people post pictures of their meals because there's just not way I would be satisfied with such a little amount of food, and it makes me wonder if I'm not normal or something.

I feel exactly the same way. I was also in a FB group for a while where people posted their daily menus and always thought I would starve to death on the things they were eating. And, when people post pictures of their plates, I always wonder how many servings of that I would need to eat (usually 3 or 4).
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I've never watched TWD. I tend to get nightmares when I watch zombie stuff... Although I do love Shaun of the Dead. Maybe this thread will inspire me to check it out.

I get nightmares too! My husband has been bugging the crap out of me to watch it, but I hate having nightmares!

I was stupid enough to watch the first season of American Horror Story when the mancreature was away for a week... the nightmares were unreal yet I am contemplating on watching TWD while he's gone this week. Hello no sleep city! lol
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Inspection people are here. Everybody's freaking out a little. Except me. Think I'll just sit here and eat my string cheese until somebody needs me.

Noticed that you've been MIA lately and remembered you said you'd be busy this week. Hope everything is going well!

Aww. You're sweet!

Inspection is going fine (as expected). It's just super boring waiting around until sombody asks to see X, Y, or Z. Plus I have to kind of look busy, but can't actually commit to anything in case they need me. Makes for a very annoying two days.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I'm glad Glen made it. :smile:

Glen is the only character left that I really like :/

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

I cannot STAND Daryl.....Carol I feel indifferent about

The thread has definitely moved on by now, but I have to say Daryl is amazing, I love Daryl, if he dies, for me, TWD is over! Also love kick-*kitten* Carol!

I feel the same about Daryl. I think I would truly be heartbroken if he died. :(

Yep, if Daryl dies, we riot!!! I am hoping Rick comes back from the Shane direction he is going. Maybe Morgan can do that. I was very excited to see him in the last couple of episodes. I am very interested in seeing the spin off this summer about the beginning of the ZA and how it progressed.

Why am I just now hearing about this?! What is it called and when does it start?! I need this in my life to get me through to the next season. After I finish rewatching all the previous seasons, of course.

I am the geek that DVR's Talking Dead after the show and get all this info!! It is called Fear the Walking Dead and it is supposed to start this summer. It is supposed to be on the other side of the country and the time frame will follow from the beginning of the outbreak and follow through up until (and probably past) the time Rick came out of the hospital. All that stuff we didn't see at the beginning of the Walking Dead.

It's taking place in LA. Part of me is excited for this new series because it still involves Kirkman and Gimple so I know the storytelling will be excellent. The other part of me isn't...because I like the unknown aspect of The Walking Dead. The 'what happened?' 'how did everyone get this way but other people didn't' 'is it global or just a North America type issue where the rest of the world has abandoned us?'... it's a little more fun to not know lol.

I dunno, every zombie pic/book/story leaves how it started up in the air. I'd really like one to delve into how it started - if man-made, then watching the story of those in the know as they come to grips with what they caused would be fascinating. If it's supernatural, then that opens up a whole new can of worms & would be a very interesting story thread to pursue.

That's just me, I love ZA fiction - but I'd be very interested to see another facet of the genre.

Fair point. It's already been shot down that there is CDC involvement considering the season 1 development. It'd be interesting to see if they take the bioterrorism route or if it's more like Planet of the Apes -- the James Franco one -- where it's just one unlucky person who happens to spread it to 5 friends, then they spread it to their 5 friends, so on and so forth. Or what genetic mutation happens to make it so some people were instantly turned and not others.

I do wish they'd show how it's handled in colder locations. I'd like to believe the zombies would be slower in like..a Cleveland winter. Or maybe I'm wishful thinking so I could actually run away from them :).

In World War Z (the book), they talk about cold locations. The zombies freeze, then thaw in the spring and resume killing.

ETA: I'm pretty sure it's that book, it's been a while since I read it.

Definitely World War Z. They also address the issue of boats/zombies underwater in there. Max Brooks is amazing.

I can contribute a couple of handguns, a hefty kitchen knife collection, and whatever east-coast specific stuff we might desire to this ZA road trip. I'd prefer root beer though. Is that a problem?
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

The thread has definitely moved on by now, but I have to say Daryl is amazing, I love Daryl, if he dies, for me, TWD is over! Also love kick-*kitten* Carol!

I feel the same about Daryl. I think I would truly be heartbroken if he died. :(

Yep, if Daryl dies, we riot!!! I am hoping Rick comes back from the Shane direction he is going. Maybe Morgan can do that. I was very excited to see him in the last couple of episodes. I am very interested in seeing the spin off this summer about the beginning of the ZA and how it progressed.

Why am I just now hearing about this?! What is it called and when does it start?! I need this in my life to get me through to the next season. After I finish rewatching all the previous seasons, of course.

I am the geek that DVR's Talking Dead after the show and get all this info!! It is called Fear the Walking Dead and it is supposed to start this summer. It is supposed to be on the other side of the country and the time frame will follow from the beginning of the outbreak and follow through up until (and probably past) the time Rick came out of the hospital. All that stuff we didn't see at the beginning of the Walking Dead.

It's taking place in LA. Part of me is excited for this new series because it still involves Kirkman and Gimple so I know the storytelling will be excellent. The other part of me isn't...because I like the unknown aspect of The Walking Dead. The 'what happened?' 'how did everyone get this way but other people didn't' 'is it global or just a North America type issue where the rest of the world has abandoned us?'... it's a little more fun to not know lol.

I dunno, every zombie pic/book/story leaves how it started up in the air. I'd really like one to delve into how it started - if man-made, then watching the story of those in the know as they come to grips with what they caused would be fascinating. If it's supernatural, then that opens up a whole new can of worms & would be a very interesting story thread to pursue.

That's just me, I love ZA fiction - but I'd be very interested to see another facet of the genre.

In World War Z (the book), they talk about cold locations. The zombies freeze, then thaw in the spring and resume killing.

ETA: I'm pretty sure it's that book, it's been a while since I read it.

Definitely World War Z. They also address the issue of boats/zombies underwater in there. Max Brooks is amazing.

I can contribute a couple of handguns, a hefty kitchen knife collection, and whatever east-coast specific stuff we might desire to this ZA road trip. I'd prefer root beer though. Is that a problem?

I will add cases of root beer to the packing list!
  • leah4590
    leah4590 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've just eaten a medium margarita pizza and a garlic baguette. I've been craving it for WEEKS and in a bid to get past it, I've had it and tomorrow I go back to normal.

Do I feel better for having eaten it? Nope. But I knew if I didn't satisfy my craving it would just get worse so I did it!!!
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm pretty self conscious about my body, I have super athletic legs, a fat belly, and average looking arms. I've been doing some serious weight lifting and while I've only lost an inch off of my belly, I noticed that I've developing some pretty mean trapezius muscles... totally not what I needed.

Are you turning into a little guy poking out of the top of a muscle suit?

Lol, this made me laugh :smiley:

I don't remember when I first saw that meme, but I can't unsee it. Any time I see any picture of someone in a bodybuilding pose like that, all I see is the little guy sticking out the top.

Please share this meme. I haven't ever seen it but would like to.

Now-You%E2%80%99ll-See-It-Everywhere.jpg

OH MY! I had no idea what you were talking about and now I can't unsee it!!!!
  • StapfJ
    StapfJ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    StapfJ wrote: »
    My 10 yo dog started limping a few days ago. I took her to the vet. I spent $550 and he told me she needs ACL surgery. That's another $2,500. He said there is a greater than 70% chance she will have to have the other leg done too..... that's at least $2,500 more.

I'm having a really hard time with it. I love her but that is a TON of money. I feel like a horrible owner, but I keep thinking about how I can find a way to not do it.

She's not in "that" much pain, but she is not that great either - just kind of quiet.

I'm trying to justify it in my head even though I know I'm supposed to just do the surgery. I'm so bummed.
    How big is your dog? I ask because I had almost exactly the same situation last summer. 10 year old dog with torn ACL. MUCH more money quoted though. She's a (previously overweight) cocker spaniel/bichon cross.

After doing a lot of research we concluded that the surgery recovery is really hard and long, and it didn't offer any guarantees. Also, smaller dogs (under 30lbs ish) often recover well without surgery. Here's what we did for Flossie:
    - put her on a strict diet. Expensive food from the vet. This was hard as she was used to being very spoiled with table scraps and any other little treats we cared to give her. She was overweight but not obese.
    - built ramps to backyard. No stairs allowed anywhere. Stairgates to prevent her going up and down anywhere.
    - No walks for about 6 weeks. Then very short ones. We are now back up to regular length walks.
    - No off-leash. Even now, we don't allow her to really run, partly for fear of damaging her bad leg again, partly because of the risk of the other leg going.

Although Flossie still has days where she limps a bit, we're really glad we decided not to go ahead with surgery. We were advised that a 'wait and see' approach wouldn't cause any further harm, so I'd really say to give it a few weeks and see how your dog does. She now manages stairs with ease and jumps up and down to our bed. In general, she's as good as new. Losing the weight has been great for her!

My dog is small - about 18 lbs. I just talked to the surgeon and we agreed to a temporary wait and see approach. I am going to give her two weeks and see if she gets any better on her own. I run a greater risk of blowing out the other one sooner... but I also have a chance she will show improvement since she is a small dog. If she shows a lot of pain then I'm just going to find a way to do it. So far, she is just hopping around, but not showing that she is in a lot of pain. She's actually pretty happy about the twice a day "pill pocket/pain med" treats that my other dog doesn't get.

Thanks to everyone who commented on this thread
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    So what if you fail? It only costs you the price of the test. I was scared of driving. I failed my driving test 5 times. I passed on the 6th attempt. It was all mental with me. I would freak myself out and do something stupid. Then during my 6th test I made a mistake I thought was so bad I'd already failed, so the mental pressure was off and I drove just fine. The mistake was only deemed a 'minor' and I passed. Then I didn't drive for 8 years because I still secretly felt my pass was a fluke. Took some refresher lessons, since there was no pressure to pass they went just fine. And now I've been able to move to the countryside (impossible without my own car).

Oh and I drive a stick (I'm British). None of my 5 driving test fails were due to gear changes/clutch issues. I don't understand why people find that part so difficult, it just takes a little practice.

What puts me off is a) the thought of the shame caused by not passing (even though I know there's lots of people who don't pass on the first go; I'd never shame them for it, but somehow I've decided I don't get to fail ever) and b) the sheer cost of the thing. Getting your driver's license here will set you back almost 3000 euros (!). What if I don't pass? 3000 euros down the drain...
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    leah4590 wrote: »
    I've just eaten a medium margarita pizza and a garlic baguette. I've been craving it for WEEKS and in a bid to get past it, I've had it and tomorrow I go back to normal.

Do I feel better for having eaten it? Nope. But I knew if I didn't satisfy my craving it would just get worse so I did it!!!

Sometimes you just have to satisfy the craving to get past it! And start fresh tomorrow!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm a little bummed out that everyone has been talking about TV shows for the last... Ten pages or so? I don't watch tv shows (or movies... Or actually anything, really) at all, so I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

You're not alone. Of my own volition I watch very little TV (one program), although I do see a few of the shows that my SO watches, pretty much all on Discovery Velocity. And I'd never choose to watch a movie on my own, only with him and usually his choice. My preferred entertainment is reading.
    Francl27 wrote: »

I feel exactly the same way. I was also in a FB group for a while where people posted their daily menus and always thought I would starve to death on the things they were eating. And, when people post pictures of their plates, I always wonder how many servings of that I would need to eat (usually 3 or 4).

Me three. My idea of a decent portion is 2 or 3 "normal" servings. I think a box of Kraft Dinner is supposed to feed 4, and I can eat the whole thing no problem.

We were having a buffet meal at my SO's sister's home and she actually commented, in quite a horrified tone, at how much food I could "put away". The funny part is that I was trying to tone it down a bit because I barely knew her at the time and didn't want to seem like a big pig.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @ythannah wow I would've been really annoyed if someone commented on how much food I could eat. Like for all she knows you were just really hungry that day.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm a little bummed out that everyone has been talking about TV shows for the last... Ten pages or so? I don't watch tv shows (or movies... Or actually anything, really) at all, so I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Me neither - you're not alone! I mainly watch sports or listen to music. Occasionally Food Network of HGTV. Don't worry - this thread takes many twists and turns. There will be new topics soon!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

I'm not a fast runner by any means, at least I don't think I am, I haven't run for quite some time (except in my dreams where I'm not very fast and can't outrun anything or anyone chasing me), but I'm pretty sure I can outrun a foot-shuffling-leg-dragging zombie/walker.

One thing I would like to have cleared up in TWD, is how is everyone infected?! I don't mean how is it spread, I mean, how is it that even the living/healthy people turn when they die? How did THAT happen? I'm open to theories and suggestions.

Did I miss something in one of the seasons where they explained this?

They explained it. Rather Rick was told at the CDC and later told Lori that everyone is infected. And once you die you turn. That's where my curiosity gets the best of me...is there a genetic mutation everyone has as to why certain people still survived while others died? Was there an oopsy somewhere where some people got infected through bites and in an effort to eradicate a spread there were mass airborne agents spread through the air to kill people because they didn't know that whatever caused people to turn was already in their system? Hmm... Unfortunately, there really isn't a way of backtracking and knowing...even though it is kind of unusual that Rick not knowing makes sense but everyone else not knowing/talking about it doesn't make sense. Unless they just adopted the thought that why talk about something you have no cure for?

And @shibaears that's what I figured would happen. I'd go on a machete head lopping spree in the winter time then. Less mess and easier to fight. Lazy apocalypse survivor right here.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Inspection people are here. Everybody's freaking out a little. Except me. Think I'll just sit here and eat my string cheese until somebody needs me.

Noticed that you've been MIA lately and remembered you said you'd be busy this week. Hope everything is going well!

Aww. You're sweet!

Inspection is going fine (as expected). It's just super boring waiting around until sombody asks to see X, Y, or Z. Plus I have to kind of look busy, but can't actually commit to anything in case they need me. Makes for a very annoying two days.

Sounds exactly how it is when our auditors are here. Thankfully it is only once a year and they are only here for one day. Always dread that one day, though. Our audits always come back clean, but it's just having them here, over my shoulder, milling around the office, etc. that I dislike. Oh, and I have to be "fake cheery" all day. NOT my strong suit.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    My confession is that I compare myself to every woman I see. When I am out and about I am always eyeing up the other women I see and thinking "I am thinner" or "she is thinner than I am". It drives me crazy because it takes away from regular interactions, it is kind of petty and stupid and extremely vain but I do it all the time.

I do the exact same thing. I hate to promote the stereotype of women being insecure about their looks, and it's something I can't really explain to my SO without sounding vain, but it's definitely true in my case.

It's part of why I have a slight phobia of malls, actually. Crowded, open spaces bother me anyways, and if it's a ritzy mall where every girl is dressed up with perfect hair and has a perfect body, I want to crawl in a hole and disappear. Meanwhile, I have no problems shopping at lower-class stores where half of the shoppers are significantly overweight and the other half are wearing pajamas.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Aww. You're sweet!

Sounds exactly how it is when our auditors are here. Thankfully it is only once a year and they are only here for one day. Always dread that one day, though. Our audits always come back clean, but it's just having them here, over my shoulder, milling around the office, etc. that I dislike. Oh, and I have to be "fake cheery" all day. NOT my strong suit.

As someone who's been one of those auditors, I feel your pain. We know you don't want us there, but we have to be there, and we both have to pretend to be happy about it. All the while, we have to make sure we get the job done quickly enough to stay in budget, thoroughly enough to make sure we're catching the major things and providing quality service, but not so knit-picky as to tick off the administrators and have them switch firms.

That's why I prefer tax, but you learn less about bookkeeping and financial statements that way. Thankfully, I was interning at a firm that allowed me to try both.