Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

crosbylee wrote: »
    I am not into the whole competitive parent thing, like who's throwing the biggest birthday party for their five year old. So far I have asked my daughter, what she wants to do for her birthday. It ususally is nothing big, just a simple theme party and then have everyone jump in our tiny backyard pool. She was born in July so it's almost perfect for it. As long as she is happy with the plans, we go with it. Of course, she is considering Chuck E Cheese this year.

I'm not taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese parties anymore, let alone hosting one, lol. No thanks. My kids are February kids unfortunately so this year we didn't even have a party, I'm not spending $400 for a party anymore (plus I have twins, and they are only allowed to invite the whole class, good luck finding a place that can host up to 50 children!). Looking forward to when they have a few close friends and they can just invite them to the house...

Chuck E Cheese is the worst. I hate going there. All my kids have birthdays in the colder months, so people always suggest it to me. No thanks. I would rather have a smaller party at my house. My kids are allowed to privately invite certain kids from school, but it has to be done outside of school hours so no one feels left out.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Confession- Last night we were helping our daughter address her graduation announcements. She was making me so crazy all I could think about was how much quieter the house will be when she leaves for college next fall.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Every time I've been to Chuck E Cheese, I come home with a screaming headache and my kid ends up getting sick a couple of days later. It's so awful.

My son is a summer baby, so a couple of times we've done a big lawn party complete with bounce house and dunking booth. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work/cash so the next time that happens (if ever) will be when he graduates from high school. Last year he invited his class to a party at the Y and it was perfect. 1 hour of pool, 1 hour of ice rink, pizza and playground. The kids loved it AND I didn't have to clean up. Win win!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My son's birthday is Saturday. He wanted a "survival" themed party. Sweet. Kids go play in the pasture, then we'll roast hot dogs in the fire pit. I bought some bunny Peeps, so the kids can roast "rabbits" and make smores out of them. This may be the easiest birthday party ever.

Last year we went to a park, and I had Domino's deliver pizza to the park. That was a easy and fun birthday party, too.
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm blaming my hormones/PMS for this week's overages due to chocolate. :/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mem1086 wrote: »
    I'm blaming my hormones/PMS for this week's overages due to chocolate. :/

That is totally legitimate.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Russandol wrote: »
    Not so much a weightloss/dieting confession as a confession about a confession: I finally told my dentist that I've had some disordered eating issues going on and that's why my teeth don't look so great. (There's no major damage, but they're worn from the acids. My teenaged Pepsi Max habit (several liters a week for years) didn't help.) She was very understanding, but did fumble around a little for something to say. I told her it was okay, that she didn't need to say anything, and that I just wanted her to know that there was a probable explanation for some of the wear on my teeth. (I also grind my teeth in my sleep when I'm stressed, which is another issue.)

Good for you!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Confession: I bought myself a big bag of Hershey eggs at Eastertime I only have 3 three left. Sad.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am so tired tonight. I think I'll skip the confessions and go to sleep. G'Night.

@pofoster21 maybe you already mentioned it and I missed it, but what happened with your gelding? (that was you, right?)

Thanks. Yes it's me. It's not good. We are scheduling a date to put him down next month, if he can be ok that long. He is not in pain and is happy as can be but his condition is deteriorating and the vet is worried one day he will fall down and break something or lay down and not be able to get up. The month is for me to spend time with him and adjust to the idea. I am heartbroken and sick over it. I have spent the last week in tears. But it's the right thing to do and I don't want to ever see him in pain. So thanks for asking and I will let you all know when it happens... And hopefully I can keep it together until then.

Sending you a hug. I hope you have a pleasant last few weeks with him.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have babies on the brain. I don't have any kids, but hopefully I will soon. My main motivation to lose weight was to be in good shape for pregnancy. I've lost about 16lb over the last 6 months, improved my fitness, and feel a lot better in general, but I've still got about 16lb to go and these are proving harder to shift.

But part of me really wants to get pregnant now because then I'll have a great excuse to go on to maintenance calories straight away!

I love new babies! I would say that it is easier to gain before the baby than afterwards because you have less time and sleep. However, life happens, enjoy trying :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My son's birthday is Saturday. He wanted a "survival" themed party. Sweet. Kids go play in the pasture, then we'll roast hot dogs in the fire pit. I bought some bunny Peeps, so the kids can roast "rabbits" and make smores out of them. This may be the easiest birthday party ever.

Last year we went to a park, and I had Domino's deliver pizza to the park. That was a easy and fun birthday party, too.

That sounds great. I hate Winter birthdays!!!

We can invite privately too but I don't know most of the parents and even less their phone numbers, so it's a pain. I noticed that they only got a couple invitations this year, compared to last year, so I think everyone is getting burned out (they're in 1st grade).

I 100% agree about how crazy the education system is in the US. I went to college for 3 years in France (there's a 3 year degree there) and I paid, seriously, $170 a year or something. Good thing too because it's pretty much worthless now in the US and there's no way it's going to help me find a job (major is English as a Foreign Language, so yeah....). I'd love to get a college degree here but I'd have to start over and I'm just not spending that kind of money, plus I really have no idea what I'd like to do anyway... so I honestly avoid thinking about what I'm going to do when the kids are done with school because it's seriously scaring the h*** out of me.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Put on another pound this week. I was so confident I had lost weight this week, yesterday after going to the gym for 40min at lunch AND going for a 30min run/walk when I got home I thought I would indulge myself in a 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry's... now I wish I hadn't. I know its not entirely Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's fault, but I just kinda wish I hadn't done it now. I have now put on 2lbs in two weeks, and after a month of eating 1400 calories a day and not losing anything, I have decided to lower it down to 1200 calories. If that doesn't work I'm thoroughly confused.

1200 calories seems crazy low to me! How tall are you and how much do you weigh? And sorry if this is late to the game...I'm a couple pages behind! But aren't you doing some heavy lifting? Maybe you need more calories?

Uh, I am 5'6 and weigh 215lbs (now)
    I lift but it's not heavy, just a top up because I was told your body uses muscle as a catalyst to burn fat, so you lose muscle at the same time as fat. I got advice on how heavy to lift on a deficit.
    I swim Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday and I gym and run for 30 mins Monday, Wednesday & Friday (then die slowly on Saturday so I can do it all over again lol)

I have not helpful suggestions, but good luck! I agree that 1200 sounds low given your height/weight though. Could it be a plateau??
  • marissafit06
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I always weigh myself in the AM right after using the restroom, it's routine. Well this morning I weighed in and was 1.6 lbs less than yesterday. GREAT! Well then I had to go poop so I did. And then weighed myself again... .4 lbs lighter than pre-poop weight. I laughed hysterically but no I did not record the .4 on my MFP weigh in. Ill try not to weigh tomorrow , but I might...

I tried pre and post poop weighing I never got a difference. Maybe I poop polystyrene...

that frustrates me to no end, i'm like "THAT'S A 2 LB LOG RIGHT THERE"

Yea, I never understand my lacks of poop loss. Maybe we all have those scales that don't move unless you lose >.2lbs???
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't think I've ever weighed myself post-poop (not that I can recall) I need coffee to #2 and I figure by then I'll already weigh more because I have liquids in me by the*n. :blush:
  • marissafit06
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    leah4590 wrote: »
    I've just eaten a medium margarita pizza and a garlic baguette. I've been craving it for WEEKS and in a bid to get past it, I've had it and tomorrow I go back to normal.

Do I feel better for having eaten it? Nope. But I knew if I didn't satisfy my craving it would just get worse so I did it!!!

On Sunday I hard an insatiable craving for a sub so I ate an entire GIANT (15") Italian sub from Jersey Mikes. 50 grams of fat, 135 grams of carbs... and it was glorious.

NO RAGRETS

All this recent talk of Jersey Mike's is ticking me off. We don't have one of those near me either. No Sonic, no JM, no Chick Fil A, the closest Starbucks drive through is a 20 minute drive away ugggggghhhhh.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Still haven't heard if I got the job or not, I'm still listed as "considering" on their employment page. THE WAIT IS SOOOO LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

It has been a long time!

Yes, but you're still being considered, so that is good!

I missed this post, but +1.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 I'm in the middle of finals week too. Good luck, breathe and do your best.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am not into the whole competitive parent thing, like who's throwing the biggest birthday party for their five year old. So far I have asked my daughter, what she wants to do for her birthday. It ususally is nothing big, just a simple theme party and then have everyone jump in our tiny backyard pool. She was born in July so it's almost perfect for it. As long as she is happy with the plans, we go with it. Of course, she is considering Chuck E Cheese this year.

Good Lord, yes. I am so tired of other moms trying to be competitive with me. I say trying, because when they start I just stare at them until they stop talking. Probably why I don't have any friends.

I have the same issue. I just can't with the Frozen party with all the Pinterest labeled stuff and the fake snow, or having it brought in for the party.....Just no.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

What about community college and then transferring to a four year school or student loans? That's what my sister did. She did her freshman and sophomore years at community college, saving about $40,000 in costs/loans. All of her credits transferred except for one class. My parents cannot afford to pay for her education; she has to take out loans. You are not forced to pay for her schooling.