Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

crosbylee wrote: »
    I am not into the whole competitive parent thing, like who's throwing the biggest birthday party for their five year old. So far I have asked my daughter, what she wants to do for her birthday. It ususally is nothing big, just a simple theme party and then have everyone jump in our tiny backyard pool. She was born in July so it's almost perfect for it. As long as she is happy with the plans, we go with it. Of course, she is considering Chuck E Cheese this year.

I'm not taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese parties anymore, let alone hosting one, lol. No thanks. My kids are February kids unfortunately so this year we didn't even have a party, I'm not spending $400 for a party anymore (plus I have twins, and they are only allowed to invite the whole class, good luck finding a place that can host up to 50 children!). Looking forward to when they have a few close friends and they can just invite them to the house...

Chuck E Cheese is the worst. I hate going there. All my kids have birthdays in the colder months, so people always suggest it to me. No thanks. I would rather have a smaller party at my house. My kids are allowed to privately invite certain kids from school, but it has to be done outside of school hours so no one feels left out.

I (or any of my kids) have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese...EVER. We live in a small village (pop.204) and we have an old school (not a school anymore) that is now the community center. For birthday parties, I rent the gym for $100 and we will either put up a screen/projector and turn it into a movie theater or they can run around and play whatever they want. There is also a full kitchen, so serving food/snacks is easy. It works well and everyone always leaves happy.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

A guy in my sister's dorm laundry room told her, "If you were skinny, I would ask you out because you have a gorgeous face. You are really beautiful for a fat girl."

As if she is an anomaly because only thin girls are pretty.

I feel so bad that she gets stared at in the gym because gyms are only for people who are already thin, right?

Wow, he's an azzhole. Did she respond?

No, she didn't say anything. She saw him again a couple of weeks later and he tried to apologize and ask her out, but she told him she has a boyfriend, which she does.

that makes me even more enraged! it's like "a few weeks ago i didn't think you were good enough for me, but after being rejected by everyone i've approached over the past few weeks, i guess something's better than nothing!" i want to stab him in the eyes.

I feel so bad for a friend of mine. She keeps trying online dating sites, but she's kind of naive about how willing people will be to screw with the fat girl for their own entertainment. She'll get all excited about this guy or that guy, and they'll lead her on for a few weeks, then it'll all fall apart for what she sees as no reason. She forwards me what they've written, and to me, it seems obvious it was all catfish. One went so far as to make dinner plans, then stood her up and messaged her to say he just didn't think he could date a fat girl.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.

Men are seriously in another world sometimes. I swear mine doesn't listen to half of what I'm telling him. So frustrating.

Oh yeah. I wish I could get a dollar every time I said, "Well, if you listened to me the first time I told you, you would know..."
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

It's because people like those run their mouth and then tout about how they 'keep it real' while their sheeple friends give them an 'attaboy' pat on the back. Couth be gone!!!
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    A guy in my sister's dorm laundry room told her, "If you were skinny, I would ask you out because you have a gorgeous face. You are really beautiful for a fat girl."

I feel so bad that she gets stared at in the gym because gyms are only for people who are already thin, right?

I've gotten variations on this as well, or at least did when I was younger.
    I think now that my peers have turned 30 they've gained at least a little bit of sense!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

No, she didn't say anything. She saw him again a couple of weeks later and he tried to apologize and ask her out, but she told him she has a boyfriend, which she does.

that makes me even more enraged! it's like "a few weeks ago i didn't think you were good enough for me, but after being rejected by everyone i've approached over the past few weeks, i guess something's better than nothing!" i want to stab him in the eyes.

I feel so bad for a friend of mine. She keeps trying online dating sites, but she's kind of naive about how willing people will be to screw with the fat girl for their own entertainment. She'll get all excited about this guy or that guy, and they'll lead her on for a few weeks, then it'll all fall apart for what she sees as no reason. She forwards me what they've written, and to me, it seems obvious it was all catfish. One went so far as to make dinner plans, then stood her up and messaged her to say he just didn't think he could date a fat girl.

oh, that is absolutely terrible! i went through a lot of the same kinda thing when i gave the online dating thing a go a few years ago. i just don't see the point of it, i guess. like what the hell do they get out of it? had a couple guys go so far as set up dates, only to cancel at the last minute, no explanation, no reschedule, no further contact. while they're sitting in their mom's basement thinking woohoo! i ruined her evening! yeah me! i just don't get it....
  • JPW1990
    Options
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.

Congratulations! The issues with your legs sound very painful, though. Are you dealing with edema? Or something else? Sorry. Hope it gets better whatever it is.

Sort of - it's lymphedema. My lymph system is fubar, and it's lymphatic fluid backed up in my legs. I was rocking compression socks before it was cool :p Mine's the genetic kind, and it can't be cured, so the best that can be done is keeping it controlled and hoping the parts that are working stay working.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

oh, that is absolutely terrible! i went through a lot of the same kinda thing when i gave the online dating thing a go a few years ago. i just don't see the point of it, i guess. like what the hell do they get out of it? had a couple guys go so far as set up dates, only to cancel at the last minute, no explanation, no reschedule, no further contact. while they're sitting in their mom's basement thinking woohoo! i ruined her evening! yeah me! i just don't get it....

That part totally made me laugh out loud - at work- I got looks!
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    New confession? type thing?

Until I met my now-husband, every guy I dated wanted/tried to change my body size. Most of them wanted me to be thinner (including one who was more overweight than I was at the time), and of those, most gave me grief for not eating enough or wanting to eat out often enough. Basically they wanted me to be thin, but effortlessly.

Then I dated someone who I thought accepted me, but no.... He actually likes 'big girls' and set about trying to grow me to his larger preferred body size... I should have been tipped out when one of his buddies told me I was 'the least fat girl' my ex had ever dated. I thought it was just an attempt at subtle, backhanded assholery.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My gym partner is one of those "lucky" people that have always been naturally thin. She's taller than me, thinner than me and is naturally graceful in her movements. (I could be best described as "short & stocky" - there is nothing delicate or graceful about me lol.)

The other day I noticed that she is starting to put on weight, especially in her midsection (she is not pregnant lol).

My confession is that it made me a little happy. I bust my butt to try to lose weight and educate myself about my health, but she has never cared or watched what she eats and I think it is going to catch up with her eventually and she won't know how to change it. And I'll be the small one muahahahaha. I am terrible, I know.

Also, this is my 1000th post, on my 100th day of logging :smiley:
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just ate a bacon cheeseburger on a croissant, 1/2 order of French fries, and half a brownie w/ ice cream and I feel fine.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I love that so many of you are on board with my quiet salon idea. And I agree that I'd love the concept at a dentist's office too. I'm not antisocial or anything, but I don't warm up to strangers quickly.

My confession today is that I am kind of freaking out about my wedding, even though it's teeny-tiny and there's not much at all to be done now. It's just the whole idea of having to do it. I would have been happy to skip straight to the "married" part and skip the wedding, but we decided we couldn't do that to our parents so I'm suffering through a 25 person event and hoping I don't hyperventilate walking down the aisle or say something stupid or trip or start laughing or something. For the past week I've been absolutely fixated on it and it's not for another three and a bit weeks. It sucks. I'm practically hyperventilating now just typing this, haha.

And it's probably exacerbated by the fact that I'm hangry as hell because I ramped up the deficit in hopes I won't look at my photos and just see fat arms and too much cleavage. I really hope I can lose five pounds, which makes a pretty big difference at my size, but it definitely means three more weeks of being hungry a lot. Ugh.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    New confession? type thing?

Until I met my now-husband, every guy I dated wanted/tried to change my body size. Most of them wanted me to be thinner (including one who was more overweight than I was at the time), and of those, most gave me grief for not eating enough or wanting to eat out often enough. Basically they wanted me to be thin, but effortlessly.

Then I dated someone who I thought accepted me, but no.... He actually likes 'big girls' and set about trying to grow me to his larger preferred body size... I should have been tipped out when one of his buddies told me I was 'the least fat girl' my ex had ever dated. I thought it was just an attempt at subtle, backhanded assholery.

I can't even imagine. I can think of two guys I dated who said anything at all to me about my weight. One was obsessed with fitness, and basically told me that he'd leave if I gained weight (I was his arm candy, size 4, tall, blonde).
    The other one, I went from a size 8 or 10 when I met him back to my norm (size 4 or 6) while we were together. He told me he wished I'd gain weight because he liked me better before.

Um, nope.
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My gym partner is one of those "lucky" people that have always been naturally thin. She's taller than me, thinner than me and is naturally graceful in her movements. (I could be best described as "short & stocky" - there is nothing delicate or graceful about me lol.)

The other day I noticed that she is starting to put on weight, especially in her midsection (she is not pregnant lol).

My confession is that it made me a little happy. I bust my butt to try to lose weight and educate myself about my health, but she has never cared or watched what she eats and I think it is going to catch up with her eventually and she won't know how to change it. And I'll be the small one muahahahaha. I am terrible, I know.

i was overjoyed when i went to my 10 year reunion fresh off of a 100 pound weight loss, only to see the snarky b's who used to torment me about my weight had all packed on the pounds. i went camera crazy and took tons of pics. TONS. hehehehe

congrats on the 1,000th on your 100th!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

That's pretty cool!

I think we have all felt that way about someone, for me, it's my cousin. I feel bad for letting it make me feel good that we are the same size now. I'm on my way down and she's on her way up. I do hope she turns it around tho

• kclay1021
    kclay1021 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I saved calories yesterday EXCLUSIVELY so that I could eat 4 servings of kettle cooked potato chips. Just chose healthier options during the day and got in lean proteins so I wouldn't be low in my protein intake.
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!
  • JPW1990
    Options
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!

It's pretty common in keto, actually. That's not necessarily a good thing, either. For most people, at least most who openly discuss it, it just means you have to put a little more effort into making sure you meet all your micros and get above your BMR. Some go as far as to eat straight butter to get the last 300 calories in. But, there's a segment of the community that use it as an easy button for ED. Nobody likes to talk about it or admit it, but it's out there. Every once in a while I'll see something on pinterest and it looks like a generic keto recipe site, click through, and it's actually pro-ana.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

YAY congrats!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love that so many of you are on board with my quiet salon idea. And I agree that I'd love the concept at a dentist's office too. I'm not antisocial or anything, but I don't warm up to strangers quickly.

My confession today is that I am kind of freaking out about my wedding, even though it's teeny-tiny and there's not much at all to be done now. It's just the whole idea of having to do it. I would have been happy to skip straight to the "married" part and skip the wedding, but we decided we couldn't do that to our parents so I'm suffering through a 25 person event and hoping I don't hyperventilate walking down the aisle or say something stupid or trip or start laughing or something. For the past week I've been absolutely fixated on it and it's not for another three and a bit weeks. It sucks. I'm practically hyperventilating now just typing this, haha.

And it's probably exacerbated by the fact that I'm hangry as hell because I ramped up the deficit in hopes I won't look at my photos and just see fat arms and too much cleavage. I really hope I can lose five pounds, which makes a pretty big difference at my size, but it definitely means three more weeks of being hungry a lot. Ugh.

I'd love the quiet anywhere idea...I'm not shy or anything but sometimes I don't feel like small talk or talking in general. The thing I can't handle the most is going into department stores and employees immediately asking if they can help you find something- NO, if I need help I'll ask. I apologize if this is anyone's job and are required to do this but really it iritates the crap out of me :|