Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I had a hellish day at work (and that is putting it mildly), tonight I WAY over ate and binged on snacks while watching TV to relax.....

Saturday is the big fight night (SO PUMPED can't wait), and I had planned to eat pizza, wings, nachos etc, and even though I should not because of what I ate tonight....I still am

I plan on going to the bar around 5pm, pre fights start around 9 and the main event around midnight.....but I want to make sure I have a great seat.....
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

crosbylee wrote: »
    I am not into the whole competitive parent thing, like who's throwing the biggest birthday party for their five year old. So far I have asked my daughter, what she wants to do for her birthday. It ususally is nothing big, just a simple theme party and then have everyone jump in our tiny backyard pool. She was born in July so it's almost perfect for it. As long as she is happy with the plans, we go with it. Of course, she is considering Chuck E Cheese this year.

I'm not taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese parties anymore, let alone hosting one, lol. No thanks. My kids are February kids unfortunately so this year we didn't even have a party, I'm not spending $400 for a party anymore (plus I have twins, and they are only allowed to invite the whole class, good luck finding a place that can host up to 50 children!). Looking forward to when they have a few close friends and they can just invite them to the house...

Why?

So situations don't arise where a single student from the entire class isn't invited (it has happened) and they feel singled out.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

=/ I know I shouldn't let rude ugly people get to me. but thats one of the main reasons why I choose to workout at home. so I don't have to deal with rude mean people like that girl. I hope you see her again so you can get that chance to flip her off

I hate any comment when I'm out running. A hello or good job is ok. Any other type of comment is very unwelcome.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

@ladybuggnorris how is your sister's SIL & baby doing?

SIL has some swelling on the brain, but it is going down. She has a long road to recovery, but they think she will make it. Unfortunately, she had some blood clots in her brain and they had to give her blood thinners in order to save her life and the baby did not survive. We are all feeling very blessed, though, that the wisdom and quick thinking on the Drs' part saved the SIL's life. If they hadn't acted quickly, they would have likely lost both of them. We will all help her on the road to recovery and some day, when the time is right, they can either decide on a surrogate or adoption. One step at a time. Thank you for your continued well wishes!

<3

Thinking of you and the family. I'm glad mom will be ok. Sad about baby.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    My first day of work went great!

I work at a restaurant that actually has some healthy choices and I get a free meal every shift so that was nice! I calculated the calories for my meal that I wanted a few days ago so it was really nice. I spent eight whole hours not constantly obsessing about food, I felt productive and feel like now I can actually reach my goals without constantly focusing on them

*high fives everyone who reads this*

Good stuff!!

Congrats! Nice job on your food choice.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Kind of stressing, still haven't heard about the interview and while on Indeed this evening, I noticed the job posting is active again, it's the same listing as it's said that it's saved and I've already applied, but it wasn't there for over a week and now it's back.

Follow up and ask them. It may be some red tape thing where they're required to interview x number of people before they can hire, and they had no shows.

Good luck. It takes awhile sometimes for companies to decide.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I confess that I love boneless, skinless chicken breast and broccoli. I don't know why everyone on these boards talks smack about it!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm really, really annoyed that MFP is releasing a Premium version that contains so many features their loyal users have been asking for since Lord-knows-when. I feel like an old friend has betrayed me. :|:s:'(

Uh what???

Yes, I know I'm ridiculous, but no judgement! ;) Unless your "What???" was about the premium version, in which case... It's totally true!

It was about the premium version :) I feel the same as you!

• rothca12
    rothca12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just want a cheeseburger. Like 2 patties 3 pieces of cheese, bacon, and the works. The greasier the better. I want to give in since I have been eating clean for a month and a half but that one thing is going to make me cave in.
  • modejam
    modejam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I sent my husband to get ice so I could sneak a pack of hostess minni donuts onto the conveyor belt at the grocery store, then ate them in secret while he made dinner :s so shameful
  • TickingPwny
    TickingPwny Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I pigged out on Donettes today--y'know, those little horrible-for-you doughnuts that taste amazing if you can get past the filmy feeling they leave in your mouth. Had half a six-pack of knock-offs this morning, split it with a classmate, and I just finished eating five real Donettes with an evening coffee in front of Game of Thrones.

And you know what? I regret nothing. My life is almost entirely devoted to a term paper right now, and this is the first time in a long time that time has actually allowed me to relax. I can't think of a better way to unwind than with some good ol'-fashioned junk food and profanity.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.

Men are seriously in another world sometimes. I swear mine doesn't listen to half of what I'm telling him. So frustrating.

Oh yeah. I wish I could get a dollar every time I said, "Well, if you listened to me the first time I told you, you would know..."

I'm way behind, but I'll throw this in: my dog just turned 3, and about a year ago, she switched to only eating once a day. We used to do 1 scoop 2x a day, but she would only eat at night, so I switched it to 2 scoops 1x a day. I know I had this discussion with my husband. I just found out the other day that when my husband feeds her, she's only been getting 1 scoop a day. Rage!!! Fury!!!

He claims he never got the memo. Sure, honey. That's what happened.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My gym partner is one of those "lucky" people that have always been naturally thin. She's taller than me, thinner than me and is naturally graceful in her movements. (I could be best described as "short & stocky" - there is nothing delicate or graceful about me lol.)

The other day I noticed that she is starting to put on weight, especially in her midsection (she is not pregnant lol).

My confession is that it made me a little happy. I bust my butt to try to lose weight and educate myself about my health, but she has never cared or watched what she eats and I think it is going to catch up with her eventually and she won't know how to change it. And I'll be the small one muahahahaha. I am terrible, I know.

Also, this is my 1000th post, on my 100th day of logging :smiley:

I'm short and stocky too :) I've always been surrounded by tall, willowy people, like my sister. I totally get what you mean.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Wow that's so incredibly rude what she said!!!!! It makes me angry.

I would have flipped the bird at the car. I run with headphones on LOUD! Just make sure I am aware of my surroundings. I normally run in the park which has other runners and dog walkers so I feel pretty safe. I did once run along side the road but a white van man bibbed me and started hollering something but my music was so loud I couldn't hear it so I didn't care.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Put on another pound this week. I was so confident I had lost weight this week, yesterday after going to the gym for 40min at lunch AND going for a 30min run/walk when I got home I thought I would indulge myself in a 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry's... now I wish I hadn't. I know its not entirely Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's fault, but I just kinda wish I hadn't done it now. I have now put on 2lbs in two weeks, and after a month of eating 1400 calories a day and not losing anything, I have decided to lower it down to 1200 calories. If that doesn't work I'm thoroughly confused.

1200 calories seems crazy low to me! How tall are you and how much do you weigh? And sorry if this is late to the game...I'm a couple pages behind! But aren't you doing some heavy lifting? Maybe you need more calories?

Uh, I am 5'6 and weigh 215lbs (now)
    I lift but it's not heavy, just a top up because I was told your body uses muscle as a catalyst to burn fat, so you lose muscle at the same time as fat. I got advice on how heavy to lift on a deficit.
    I swim Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday and I gym and run for 30 mins Monday, Wednesday & Friday (then die slowly on Saturday so I can do it all over again lol)

That is frustrating! I too get stuck sometimes, but I could never do 1200 calories...I'd be hangry all day!

Ha ha, I get a little hangry on Fridays already, but i think that is down to working all week, exercising 6 days straight and just generally being quite tired at the end of the week. I'll give it a whirl for a month if that doesn't show any signs of working, I'll have to go back to the doctor. I just want to rule everything out before I get very hangry indeed. My SO thinks I should go to a nutritionist, he is convinced something is wrong. In his words "Any other person would have the weight dropping off them if they do what you do".

Edit: I've come to the conclusion I must have broken a very large mirror at some point in my life without knowing, because nothing comes easy for me. I'm currently trying to replace a wing mirror someone broke off of my car and the back isn't fitting on properly. This is the kind of thing my life is full of...

Sorry for your struggles, but I believe if life is easy then I'm doing something wrong. Not that everything should be a struggle, but challenges make us stronger, more resilient and more knowledgeable and it keeps things in perspective for me.

I truly believe you are right @BZAH10 I remember someone saying that things have to be earned, not deserved, but I would like to catch a break at some point. lol
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated with myself for not making time to go to the gym on my lunches. I only made it twice last week and have yet to go this week. I have been working through them because I am struggling to keep up with everything. I have even came in early and stayed late.

The good news is that next week (Thursday) I get no new work for a week before my surgery so hopefully I can catch up and take my lunches and go to the gym. I am also frustrated that it is 2:55 a.m and I didn't fall asleep until close to midnight because I was thinking about all the stuff I have to do at work in the morning only to be woken up by my sleeping husband who kicked me in the shin after a nightmare about spiders. Now I am back to thinking about work and can't get back to sleep.

It doesn't help that I am PMS-Ing and since Monday have just wanted to go stabby on everyone.
  • bunnii2249
    bunnii2249 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go over my calorie allowance daily! Because once 5 pm hits ....I lose all control.

When my hubby asks what I've eaten ( he is on diet too) I lie.....just so I can have that extra cupcake or slice of bread...... once he goes to bed......I inhale another cupcake!!!

I don't know what's wrong with me....hate being deceitful and out if control!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I always weigh myself in the AM right after using the restroom, it's routine. Well this morning I weighed in and was 1.6 lbs less than yesterday. GREAT! Well then I had to go poop so I did. And then weighed myself again... .4 lbs lighter than pre-poop weight. I laughed hysterically but no I did not record the .4 on my MFP weigh in. Ill try not to weigh tomorrow , but I might...

I tried pre and post poop weighing I never got a difference. Maybe I poop polystyrene...

that frustrates me to no end, i'm like "THAT'S A 2 LB LOG RIGHT THERE"

I've tried in the past maybe like 1-2x but there was never a difference. Just don't end up like this guy... LMAO.

lfi77ehlpwqn.jpg
    I am a day behind in the thread but I love that pic! It happens to me all the time but the number on the scale usually goes down in an hour as long as I don't eat anything.

BZAH10 wrote: »
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Confession- Last night we were helping our daughter address her graduation announcements. She was making me so crazy all I could think about was how much quieter the house will be when she leaves for college next fall.

Yes, an empty nest is a lovely thing at times. Sometimes it is too quiet, but then I just remember times like you described and it's all okay. However, it then just becomes a different kind of crazy. I have to remember when I go to my sons house not to be all, "Why is this rose bush dying? When did you cut the lawn last? Ever planning on fixing this closet doorknob?" etc. Then I remember that this is his responsibility now.

My other two kids have kids of their own already and that in itself is it's own form of "punishment". Not that kids are bad, but now they will understand what they put US through!

haha, my mom always has "suggestions" when she comes to visit. I kind of just tune her out :smile:

I have been on my own now for 10 years...my mom still tells me I peel potatoes "wrong". The older I get the harder it is for me to listen to her "suggestions".
    Confession: I bought myself a big bag of Hershey eggs at Eastertime I only have 3 three left. Sad.

You still have some left?! I'm impressed! (no chocolate would've made it that long in my house lol)

I have a gigantic unopened bag of Cadbury mini eggs in my closet. I am trying to decide what occasion would be worthy of opening them. :p

The idea of such a bag makes my mouth water. I love Cadbury eggs.

Maybe I should sell it on Ebay. LOL. I paid $19.88. I bet I could get $50. :D

Where I live we get these year round. My grocery store still has the creme eggs and all the variations (caramilk, Mr.. Big, etc)

• ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    In my teens and twenties, actually until my son was born, I was one of those people who could eat almost anything and not gain weight. I was a petite 110 without even trying. I don't think I was smug or gloatly (not a real word, but it should be), I just knew that I took after my father.

Sometimes I think I am paying for it now. The only bright side is that every pound I lose is all me, I don't have to share the credit with my father. It is my effort and my achievement. Although, I can now blame my mother (and my son) for my "great for child-bearing" hips.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!
    This is me very rarely, when I'm super super stressed. Yesterday I only had an iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons and did not feel an ounce of hunger, just nausea. Not recommended :P

A while back people were talking about Tim Hortons and feeling like the only Canadians who didn't like it. I'm American, but I agree that they don't have very good donuts. I CRAVE KRISPY KREME UP HERE! I do, however, like their iced capps. Mmm.

see, i'm the total opposite, i'm a stress eater. a massive stress eater...omnomnom

i actually....hate krispy kreme *hides*
    i think the glaze is gross.
    we have a regional (i'm in northeast PA) donut chain called curry donuts. they are made of yum, and unlike dunkin, you don't end up with that later of grease goop on the roof of your mouth. woot!
    That's how I feel with the Tim Hortons iced caps. The use an oil based "whipped cream" that leaves your mouth feeling filmy. I would choose a Starbucks Frappacino (tall) over Timmy's everytime. (I am addicted to Starbucks's Star Reward program....need my stars!.. Need to maintain my Gold status!!!)

I had a similar experience last year while riding my bike. My hubby thought it was hilarious but I didn't let him know it bothered me as much as it did.

Kalici wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

crosbylee wrote: »
    I am not into the whole competitive parent thing, like who's throwing the biggest birthday party for their five year old. So far I have asked my daughter, what she wants to do for her birthday. It ususally is nothing big, just a simple theme party and then have everyone jump in our tiny backyard pool. She was born in July so it's almost perfect for it. As long as she is happy with the plans, we go with it. Of course, she is considering Chuck E Cheese this year.

I'm not taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese parties anymore, let alone hosting one, lol. No thanks. My kids are February kids unfortunately so this year we didn't even have a party, I'm not spending $400 for a party anymore (plus I have twins, and they are only allowed to invite the whole class, good luck finding a place that can host up to 50 children!). Looking forward to when they have a few close friends and they can just invite them to the house...

Why?

So situations don't arise where a single student from the entire class isn't invited (it has happened) and they feel singled out.
    I don't know if I necessarily agree with this but then I don't have kids yet so what do I know. I remember not getting invites to parties when I was in school just like the whole class wasn't invited to mine. Sometimes I feel, as a society we are raising generations of sissies who can't handle losing or rejection. In life there are winners and losers and when you start working for a living, your boss isn't going to care if you feel if you are being left out.

@ladybuggnorris, my prayers to you and your family.

It is now 4:20 a.m and I am caught up on the thread. I wish my office was open so I could just go work. I am only an hour away from my regular wake up time anyway so no point in trying to get back to sleep.