Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!
    This is me very rarely, when I'm super super stressed. Yesterday I only had an iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons and did not feel an ounce of hunger, just nausea. Not recommended :P

A while back people were talking about Tim Hortons and feeling like the only Canadians who didn't like it. I'm American, but I agree that they don't have very good donuts. I CRAVE KRISPY KREME UP HERE! I do, however, like their iced capps. Mmm.

see, i'm the total opposite, i'm a stress eater. a massive stress eater...omnomnom

i actually....hate krispy kreme *hides*
    i think the glaze is gross.
    we have a regional (i'm in northeast PA) donut chain called curry donuts. they are made of yum, and unlike dunkin, you don't end up with that later of grease goop on the roof of your mouth. woot!

Krispy Kreme is sooooooooooooo overrated. The donut shop my mom works at is 1000000000x better.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

crosbylee wrote: »
    I am not into the whole competitive parent thing, like who's throwing the biggest birthday party for their five year old. So far I have asked my daughter, what she wants to do for her birthday. It ususally is nothing big, just a simple theme party and then have everyone jump in our tiny backyard pool. She was born in July so it's almost perfect for it. As long as she is happy with the plans, we go with it. Of course, she is considering Chuck E Cheese this year.

I'm not taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese parties anymore, let alone hosting one, lol. No thanks. My kids are February kids unfortunately so this year we didn't even have a party, I'm not spending $400 for a party anymore (plus I have twins, and they are only allowed to invite the whole class, good luck finding a place that can host up to 50 children!). Looking forward to when they have a few close friends and they can just invite them to the house...

Chuck E Cheese is the worst. I hate going there. All my kids have birthdays in the colder months, so people always suggest it to me. No thanks. I would rather have a smaller party at my house. My kids are allowed to privately invite certain kids from school, but it has to be done outside of school hours so no one feels left out.

I (or any of my kids) have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese...EVER. We live in a small village (pop.204) and we have an old school (not a school anymore) that is now the community center. For birthday parties, I rent the gym for $100 and we will either put up a screen/projector and turn it into a movie theater or they can run around and play whatever they want. There is also a full kitchen, so serving food/snacks is easy. It works well and everyone always leaves happy.

That sounds awesome. I would love it if we could do something like that. I live in a pretty big city, and everything here seems to cost about $200 or more depending on what you do. I have 3 kids, one with a December birthday, so it makes things pretty tight if I have a party somewhere else. Luckily, my kids don't mind having their birthday here. I make it fun while not spending a million dollars.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

It's because people like those run their mouth and then tout about how they 'keep it real' while their sheeple friends give them an 'attaboy' pat on the back. Couth be gone!!!

Totally. I can't stand it.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    kclay1021 wrote: »
    I saved calories yesterday EXCLUSIVELY so that I could eat 4 servings of kettle cooked potato chips. Just chose healthier options during the day and got in lean proteins so I wouldn't be low in my protein intake.

Heck yes. I do that sometimes. Yesterday I saved up so I could eat tacos without obsessively weighing each one.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

@ladybuggnorris how is your sister's SIL & baby doing?

SIL has some swelling on the brain, but it is going down. She has a long road to recovery, but they think she will make it. Unfortunately, she had some blood clots in her brain and they had to give her blood thinners in order to save her life and the baby did not survive. We are all feeling very blessed, though, that the wisdom and quick thinking on the Drs' part saved the SIL's life. If they hadn't acted quickly, they would have likely lost both of them. We will all help her on the road to recovery and some day, when the time is right, they can either decide on a surrogate or adoption. One step at a time. Thank you for your continued well wishes!

I'm so sorry your family is going through that. I hope she recovers well <3.

• kclay1021
    kclay1021 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE stress eater and will eat things that are just notoriously "bad" and I want to eat them in large quantities and not in moderation. I'm a hot mess when I'm stressed. . .instead of tackling this issue, I have tackled what is considered "stress" and what I allow myself to get upset about. . . but its probably necessary to tackle the other end of this as well.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

So true. And some people don't seem to understand the concept of "it's not what you say, it's how you say it." They may be giving great advice and making excellent points that the OP needs to hear, but by couching it in sarcasm, all that's coming across is rudeness. I'm not advocating sugarcoating anything, but if you can take the time to come up with some snarky reply, then you can take the time to come up with a tactful reply, too.

Absolutely. Delivery is very important. I also can't stand when someone KNOWS that they are being snarky or overly blunt, but they feign ignorance and pretend like they weren't being rude at all. Ridiculous.

Or they frame it as "just being honest". Honesty does not have to be in the form of nasty meanness to get the point across.

People are generally (okay, not all!) receptive to helpful information when it's presented kindly.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!
    This is me very rarely, when I'm super super stressed. Yesterday I only had an iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons and did not feel an ounce of hunger, just nausea. Not recommended :P

A while back people were talking about Tim Hortons and feeling like the only Canadians who didn't like it. I'm American, but I agree that they don't have very good donuts. I CRAVE KRISPY KREME UP HERE! I do, however, like their iced capps. Mmm.

see, i'm the total opposite, i'm a stress eater. a massive stress eater...omnomnom

we have a regional (i'm in northeast PA) donut chain called curry donuts. they are made of yum, and unlike dunkin, you don't end up with that later of grease goop on the roof of your mouth. woot!
    I'm actually a stress eater too, so usually when I don't eat anything it's to the point where the stress is absolutely massive (well, I have also done nothing BUT eat in severe stress). I think I might have depressive phases... I keep thinking I need to get this checked out but I never go.

Curry donuts sounds delicious for some reason. Just the mix of "curry" and "donut" sounds unique. Do they actually experiment and create some wonky flavors? I want to go to that one place in New York: http://doughnutplant.com/

unfortunately, no. they keep it pretty normal.
    but even as normal, they're still delicious and their coffee is pretty badass too!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked by how mean people can be.

I remember loving high school, I've never really had anybody say anything mean and hateful to me in my whole life (with the exception of some d-bag exes).

Then, I hear stories from my husband and my kids about things that were said to them at school, and I'm shocked. And now here, I'm hearing that my experience is the odd one. :/
    I have another friend that lives in Atlanta that has the same experiences. People will come up to her out of the blue and say hateful things. I just don't understand people.

Yes, I earned my nickname Pollyanna.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.

Congratulations! The issues with your legs sound very painful, though. Are you dealing with edema? Or something else? Sorry. Hope it gets better whatever it is.

Sort of - it's lymphedema. My lymph system is fubar, and it's lymphatic fluid backed up in my legs. I was rocking compression socks before it was cool :p Mine's the genetic kind, and it can't be cured, so the best that can be done is keeping it controlled and hoping the parts that are working stay working.

I have primary lymphedema too (right leg). And I've sort of grown to like the compression stockings.. except in summer when everyone else can wear cute sandals.

Have you ever tried having Vodder lymph drainage massage done? I'm curious if it has any beneficial effect, before I shell out the money.
  • bripowell11
    bripowell11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

• bripowell11
    Options
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

• bripowell11
    Options
    That is brilliant I like that
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I hate Krispy Kreme too, for the exact same reason.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So, is it creepy that at the end of a guys long runs, he sometimes resorts to innocent glances at lady buns to keep him going? Just brief glances to appreciate the feminine form. No creepy staring.

I'm totally asking for a friend.

200x200px-ZC-215d4ef1_lurker.gif

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My gym partner is one of those "lucky" people that have always been naturally thin. She's taller than me, thinner than me and is naturally graceful in her movements. (I could be best described as "short & stocky" - there is nothing delicate or graceful about me lol.)

The other day I noticed that she is starting to put on weight, especially in her midsection (she is not pregnant lol).

My confession is that it made me a little happy. I bust my butt to try to lose weight and educate myself about my health, but she has never cared or watched what she eats and I think it is going to catch up with her eventually and she won't know how to change it. And I'll be the small one muahahahaha. I am terrible, I know.

Also, this is my 1000th post, on my 100th day of logging :smiley:

There's another kid's mom at school who was always so thin and beautiful. She got pregnant and got fat, and I was actually thinner than her and secretly enjoying it... then I saw her again a month ago without all our Winter clothes on and she's all thin again, I complemented her and she said 'oh I didn't really have to do anything'. I admit it pissed me off and it's just not fair (she's actually a very nice person too).

Right there with you. I'm telling myself they are probably eating more than they think... they MUST be.

I don't think I've ever had Krispy Kreme.. but I don't like Dunkin Donut. There's a local donut shop that is amazing and their donuts are not greasy at all, so I guess I'm spoiled.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

@ladybuggnorris how is your sister's SIL & baby doing?

SIL has some swelling on the brain, but it is going down. She has a long road to recovery, but they think she will make it. Unfortunately, she had some blood clots in her brain and they had to give her blood thinners in order to save her life and the baby did not survive. We are all feeling very blessed, though, that the wisdom and quick thinking on the Drs' part saved the SIL's life. If they hadn't acted quickly, they would have likely lost both of them. We will all help her on the road to recovery and some day, when the time is right, they can either decide on a surrogate or adoption. One step at a time. Thank you for your continued well wishes!

So many emotions...praying for you and her and your whole family. ((Hugs))
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I wish you and your family the best.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession... Whenever I buy a box of twinkies, little debbies... or those demonic tastykake chocolate bells (which thankfully for the most part I am a good shopper), I eat like 3-4 right off the bat then finish the rest of the box before the day/night is out. And I wonder to myself, who in the hell eats just one of these and says "I'm good till tomorrow" ....?!?!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Confession: I bought myself a big bag of Hershey eggs at Eastertime I only have 3 three left. Sad.

You still have some left?! I'm impressed! (no chocolate would've made it that long in my house lol)

I have a gigantic unopened bag of Cadbury mini eggs in my closet. I am trying to decide what occasion would be worthy of opening them. :p

Because it's your very, very un-birthday!