Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've been super busy today and while I think I've caught up for the weekend I didn't get to respond to a bunch of posts I would have like to! Anyway, how are the shoulder workouts going? You do realize that once we've mastered that we're going to add on, right? I'm thinking we need to start with planks: no equipment required and can be done while on the floor either before or after shoulders / arms. Thoughts?
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Okay, I've been super busy today and while I think I've caught up for the weekend I didn't get to respond to a bunch of posts I would have like to! Anyway, how are the shoulder workouts going? You do realize that once we've mastered that we're going to add on, right? I'm thinking we need to start with planks: no equipment required and can be done while on the floor either before or after shoulders / arms. Thoughts?

Planks are awesome, I prefer to do them in crocodile form, with my forearms on the ground.

Personally, I don't think enough people spend enough time in Down Dog. Most leg discomfort from exercising can be easily avoided with properly stretched calves and hamstrings. After you get to a comfortable with Down Dog, graduate into Walking the Dog where you take the traditional Down Dog position, then alternate raising and lowering your heels. And that's my broscience & yogapanttheory knowledge.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I dropped a football helmet on my head at work today.

The irony (and the lump) was palpable.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Just started this weekend! Bought new hand weights for home to use doing this workout! I love some planks throw 'em in!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options

Planks are awesome, I prefer to do them in crocodile form, with my forearms on the ground.

Personally, I don't think enough people spend enough time in Down Dog. Most leg discomfort from exercising can be easily avoided with properly stretched calves and hamstrings. After you get to a comfortable with Down Dog, graduate into Walking the Dog where you take the traditional Down Dog position, then alternate raising and lowering your heels. And that's my broscience & yogapanttheory knowledge.

Same here, and you know what? Even with all the shoulder exercises I do, these still make my shoulders burn when I do them. Guess that's a good thing and why they continue to be a challenge for me.

I can't do Downward Dog - I get a head rush and then get dizzy. I have an inner-ear imbalance problem, though, so that's probably why. I do stretch my calves and hamstrings every night (while doing my arm exercises).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I dropped a football helmet on my head at work today.

The irony (and the lump) were palpable.

Not judging, but totally laughing!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

I do this too. My fingers look a mess, but I haven't been able to stop. I don't bite my nails as much as I used to, but I still pick at the skin. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and it gets worse if I'm anxious or stressed. I'm embarrassed to let people see my hands.

And it doesn't help that I live in a dry climate so my skin is always rough (I try to use lotion, but it's not enough).
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I really don't appreciate the Panda Express advertisements on MFP while logging my lunch.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

That's awesome! My new weight loss plan is to eat all my food with chopsticks because half of it won't make it to my mouth! Lol!

Yeah totally- I thought I should test the weirdness waters with the popcorn confession, but I often eat with chopsticks for self pacing... only around people who know and accept my weirdness though :D (or on my lonesome)

My other weapon of choice is the mighty teaspoon.

I never can fully enjoy food by knife and fork. I'll just be there thinking about how I miss my spoons and sticks

Ah, but there are no weirdness waters in this thread. :) Or it's all such a cascade of weirdness that one mere drop will never stand out.

I'm envious of your ability to use chopsticks. I've never been able to master the skill, as manual dexterity is not my strong suit.

Ah but the more incompetent you are with the sticks the longer your food lasts :) that's the beauty of it

Ah, but if that isn't a 'looking on the bright side' form of optimized perspective that is downright blindingly magnificent, then I don't know what is... :)

(I had to put on sunglasses, there was so much 'brightness' in that does-not-involve-defeat point of view (and involving a form of incompetence that is to be *desired*, no less...! ;) ))
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Not sure why quoting isn't working. Jealous. My husband is only 6'2".

I may have severely messed up the quote tags in my last post.

And don't be jealous. It's a PITA buying clothes for him, especially as all his height is in his legs and he's not a "big" guy... try finding 38" inseam pants in a normal size waist. Most of the Big & Tall sizing seems to be for waists in the 40" and 50" ranges.

^^^^^This^^^^. Try finding a 42 waist with a 40 inseam! the big and tall stores don't make clothes for tall and thin. Hubby needs a large tall and has to order almost everything online and we just pray it fits because we have to order from the American online stores such as JCP or Haggard (and have to pay for shipping and duties). If it doesn't fit, we often have to pay return shipping. Kohls has a good online selection for large tall shirts as well as pants but the don't ship to Canada. When it comes to clothes shopping, he wished he never lost the weight (389 to 279) because when he was heavier, he could find clothes w/o an issue. Lets not even talk about finding track or sweat pants for the gym. We've even tried calling suppliers directly. Just can't find them.

I've been ordering a lot, mostly tops, from King Size Direct and Casual Male XL. Carhartt has a tall size range that he really likes, but he's a pretty casual dresser. We have to get him a suit for a wedding this year and I'm just dreading it.

I couldn't find flannel sleep pants or fleece pants with a long enough inseam so I ended up making them myself. The fleece pants ended up super long (I forgot that they aren't worn as high as regular pants) and he keeps saying, "I've never had pants that were too long for me before" :D

I wish I knew how to sew. I tried making a pair of boxers in Jr. High home ec class. It was a nightmare. My seams weren't straight and my hems were all uneven. I am not sure if I would even try to attempt it.

I made my daughter's first Easter dress and the sleeve fell off at church! Never attempted sewing again!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I buy Monster drinks by the case. I have one a day. When I went to buy my case this last time, at the same store I always buy them at, the cashier said something like "those are gonna kill ya." I laughed it off and said, "everybody is gonna die somehow. This is my vice." He seriously started to lecture me on how bad they are. All I could think was, "Well, I know what is gonna kill you. ME!"

I don't think cashiers should make any type of judgmental comment on anything anyone is buying. None of their business.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    @girldownsouth , thanks. She is a doll. :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I really don't appreciate the Panda Express advertisements on MFP while logging my lunch.

Mmmm, Panda... Double orange chicken and steamed veggies, 880 calories. One of my all time favorite "cheat meals." I can totally make that fit in my food diary most days..
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    Regional Fare

These are the struggles I face every day.

Also
    I buy Monster drinks by the case. I have one a day. When I went to buy my case this last time, at the same store I always buy them at, the cashier said something like "those are gonna kill ya." I laughed it off and said, "everybody is gonna die somehow. This is my vice." He seriously started to lecture me on how bad they are. All I could think was, "Well, I know what is gonna kill you. ME!"

I don't think cashiers should make any type of judgmental comment on anything anyone is buying. None of their business.

I could bore you with a terrible food purchasing story and my 2 month fight with distributing Monster drinks. just saying.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »

I do this too. My fingers look a mess, but I haven't been able to stop. I don't bite my nails as much as I used to, but I still pick at the skin. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and it gets worse if I'm anxious or stressed. I'm embarrassed to let people see my hands.

And it doesn't help that I live in a dry climate so my skin is always rough (I try to use lotion, but it's not enough).

Yeah I do it more when I'm nervous or stressed. I don't feel either at the moment but once there is a rough bit I just can't leave it alone! I try to keep my hands moisturised to stop the dry rough bits but it doesn't stop them completely!

Good to know I'm not alone! :)

• quiksylver296
    Options
    Regional Fare

Also

I could bore you with a terrible food purchasing story and my 2 month fight with distributing Monster drinks. just saying.

Tell me more...as I take a long, satisfying drink from my ice cold Monster Ultra Zero
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    koza_loc wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I'm having an extremely hard time with losing and breastfeeding. All you hear is stories about how women lose all their weight breastfeeding.. And here I am at 8 months postpartum and exclusivly BFing and I haven't shift weight (lost) since November. I binged over the holidays, and even then I didn't gain a single pound. I guess it's a good thing but I would love to stop maintaining weight and would love to start losing! :(

I exclusively breastfed my last daughter until she was a year old. I was 20 pounds heavier at the end of that, than I was when I gave birth to her. I am actually super grateful that I am finished having kids and my what I eat does not determine their well-being. No more excuses for me!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    Regional Fare

Also

Tell me more...as I take a long, satisfying drink from my ice cold Monster Ultra Zero

BLARGH. 2 months ago one of the bars I buy food and alcohol for decided they want energy drink offerings. Our new coca-cola contract prohibits the way we can serve and market that we have red bull, making it totally not worth even having the product, and I know I know, we're like 10 years late on the energy drink and vodka craze.

Monster was distributed by Budweiser up until 2-3 weeks ago, so I've just been in nightmare limbo trying to get product from Coca-Cola now that they're the owner of distributing rights.

Because you know, my outlet managers can't just buy the monster everyone buys, they want super small bottles because they're more aesthetically similar to Red Bull. *eyeroll*
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I rested yesterday and again today, but otherwise good! I haven't really done planks, but I can finally do "real" push ups... Let's do it!