Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession: It's almost that TOM and I'm starving today. I was doing pretty well and went on a long walk and worked out. I ate reasonably well and was under my calories for the day. However, I then decided to eat half a bag of cadbury mini chocolate eggs, some chips and cheese and some peanuts. Didn't log the food and to make matters worse, I didn't even enjoy it. My stomach hurts and I feel awful. Waste of calories. :neutral_face:

'Waste of calories' is not allowed in the same thought process as 'Cadbury Mini Eggs'. EVER! That is heresy and you shall be strung up. ;)

Confession: I wait all year for Easter and stock up on Cadbury Mini Eggs. I have personally eaten four big bags so far this year and there are four more in my candy cupboard at home. My husband made me designate one bag as "his," and not eat it (otherwise they are all going down!) When I go grocery shopping tomorrow, I will probably buy at least four more bags. The positive side is that I can *usually* eat just a serving or two, whatever fits in my calories for the day.
    My sister gave me one of the GIANT bags of mini-eggs yesterday 'for the family'. I've had to put them out of sight but I can hear them calling to me.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    I performed a new magic trick last night called..watch an entire loaf of challah bread disappear in less than 2 hours.

This morning, one of my buddies at work was like "hey smile!" because my RBF was strong. I start laughing and this other dude I really don't care for in the office just goes "oh she don't smile". There aren't enough side eye emojis in the world to describe how annoyed I was...I can't stand when people say that kind of stuff to someone they really don't know.

You ain't no challah back gurllllllllllllll

And in this moment, she wished there was a like button.

You'll be singing it all the way to the store and back and while you're making your french toast.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    edited March 2015
    Options
    wrong buttoned that one.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

My wife's 3 closest friends died in high school in the same accident and, though she probably won't admit it, I don't think she will ever allow herself to get close to people like that again.

Confession: Despite countless conversations over our 13 years together, I have been unable to convince my wife that she is not responsible for the deaths of her friends and I fear she may never stop blaming herself.
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't like "real" pizza. I am a true blue Italian-American and I HATE real pizza. I use the term "real" because I will eat the cheap, poorly made, frozen, 1 dollar convience store brand right up. Along with pizza rolls and bagle bites. But if we went to a real restaurant or my dad makes it, I won't touch it.

The social stigma is not liking pizza is soooooo frustrating. I don't mean to be so difficult but sometimes even the smell of it makes me gag.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I know that you're not supposed to clean your ears with a q-tip every day.. but I can't help it! I love having clean ears.
    I had my left middle ear removed as a young child, and hence can get a Qtip almost all the way into my head. It's my party trick!
    Once, a fly crawled into my ear. I could hear and feel it walking around inside my head. That wasn't a nice experience. If my friend hadn't seen it come out and fly away I might still have nightmares that it was still there...

Also, these confessions about people having no friends make me really sad. I only have a couple, but I'm close with my family. I have been thinking I should put myself out there to make more friends, but when you're older it gets much harder. Any super-social people got tips?

Oh my gosh. If a fly crawled around in my ear I would probably wear ear plugs for the rest of my life. That is bonkers.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I know- their reactions are priceless! Confession: sometimes I do feel guilty saying no :neutral_face:

Lol! Confession: I never feel guilty saying no. And if people start getting pushy I get mean. It's shocking to people that don't know me (keep in mind I'm talking about complete strangers that ask me to do things for them).

I am exactly the same way. I'm an introvert and am completely happy with it, however, I seem to attract strangers everywhere I go. People start talking to me out of no where. I don't know what it is, but I also have no trouble saying "no". Like I've always told my kids, "No" is a full sentence. If you keep talking and making excuses you're just opening yourself up for a pointless conversation.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

My wife's 3 closest friends died in high school in the same accident and, though she probably won't admit it, I don't think she will ever allow herself to get close to people like that again.

Confession: Despite countless conversations over our 13 years together, I have been unable to convince my wife that she is not responsible for the deaths of her friends and I fear she may never stop blaming herself.

How terribly awful for her. I can't imagine.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't like "real" pizza. I am a true blue Italian-American and I HATE real pizza. I use the term "real" because I will eat the cheap, poorly made, frozen, 1 dollar convience store brand right up. Along with pizza rolls and bagle bites. But if we went to a real restaurant or my dad makes it, I won't touch it.

The social stigma is not liking pizza is soooooo frustrating. I don't mean to be so difficult but sometimes even the smell of it makes me gag.

Have you ever considered the fact that you might not actually be human?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

This kind of makes me sad. Truthfully I only have very few "true" friends but I have tons of family and we're always getting together so I'm never lonely.

I just kind of lost them. lol I went to University, they went to a different uni and moved away or relocated for their job. Some of them didn't like my boyfriend (I've been with him for 7 and a half years now, so no regrets there) and the rest just kind of faded away. I'm the only woman in the office, so no friends there. So.... yea. You make life interesting people, so keep it up :wink:
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    Confession: I can not bring myself to talk to my husband about my weight or trying to take off weight. I talk to him about everything and am a very confident person. But hubby was teenage sweetheart. Apart for 17 years and we reconnected and got married 3 years after I lost 75 lbs. since we got married I regained 55 lbs in 4.5 years :-(. Every time I start trying to take it off I get secretive with him since I don't want to discuss it with him. To the stupid point of him thinking I am hiding something. Since when I am into weight loss I spend times on boards like this so he sees me on my ipad typing and reading but if he asks me what I am doing I won't answer or I close tabs etc.

So once he asked me if I was up to something. And the answer is that I am just scared to death that he will agree with me and say your right you are fat and I am not really attracted to you glad you are losing weight. And then I would not take off the pounds or I would put them back on but have to live with knowing that my hubby thought I was fat and unattractive.

This is all in my head since my hubby has loved me since I was 16 and I was a chubby teen.

But so my own f-ing crazy monologue makes my hubby wonder if I am having an affair since I don't have the balls to just say baby I am working on losing weight..

End confession.

I understand, trust me. My fiance' and I met when I was 22 and in a post-divorce thin phase. He was then deployed overseas, and we didn't reconnect until last year (that's a 13-year gap). While he loves me and chases me around the bedroom, I feel terrible that I look/weigh what I do now. But - I finally confessed what my current weight is, asked him for help with my fitness goals, and he has been nothing but kind and supportive (along with kicking my butt when I need it in the gym and pushing be beyond my comfort zone). You and your husband will feel so much better if you just tell him what you are working on, and ask him for support. It took me months to tell him what I weighed, but once I had I felt such a relief that he didn't act... disgusted? Silly things that we do to ourselves.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. All so true for me. What's that thing my mom passed down to me and my sister? Resting B!tchy Face. Yes.
    Yep, that's what I have too

I wish I had that. I have resting tell me your life story and will do favors for strangers face.
    Confession: I'm not nearly as nice as people assume.

Same. People always ask me for directions. I've come to think it's not because I necessarily look like I know where I'm going, but because I look like I'm nice enough not to blow them off for asking.

Confession: I wish I had a Resting B*tch Face.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Totally didn't feel like the gym tonight, but here I am on the triceps press.

This is kind of anti-climatic after the big 666 :)

True, but he is (was) on a machine typing on his phone. You know other people there are judging him and may even start a thread about "gym pet peeves". (doesn't bother me, I've just read so many threads like that)
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

Me too - I keep telling my spouse how hard it is to make friends as an adult. We're either busy with work, kids, activities (or for me, the gym 6 days a week). At this point I consider him my closest friend, and we have a blast, but I miss having a group of "girlfriends".
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I know- their reactions are priceless! Confession: sometimes I do feel guilty saying no :neutral_face:

Lol! Confession: I never feel guilty saying no. And if people start getting pushy I get mean. It's shocking to people that don't know me (keep in mind I'm talking about complete strangers that ask me to do things for them).

I am exactly the same way. I'm an introvert and am completely happy with it, however, I seem to attract strangers everywhere I go. People start talking to me out of no where. I don't know what it is, but I also have no trouble saying "no". Like I've always told my kids, "No" is a full sentence. If you keep talking and making excuses you're just opening yourself up for a pointless conversation.

I like that line that no is a full sentence. I usually say "I'm not going to argue, I already said no." I've had people call me a b!tch to my face for that one. It doesn't even bother me. I'm pretty giving to people I love, but I'm very suspicious of strangers (too much investigation Discovery). My question is why are people asking a stranger to do things for them in the first place? I live in Idaho where people are mostly friendly and the crime rate is relatively low, but that doesn't mean every person you see wants to help take care of you.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have close to -0- sympathy when someone is sick. My husband has what has to be his eleventy billionth man cold of the season and I don't care. At all. All night long, "honey, bring me a sweatshirt. Honey, I don't feel good. Touch my forehead, do I have a fever?". He slept wearing a hat, for God's sake. I couldn't have rolled my eyes back in my head any further without risk of injury. I'm a little better when my son is sick, but that's because he doesn't whine about it. Even so, most times I give him some tylenol and tell him to rally.

This!!! I do good with my kids when they are sick but not at all with hubby. I'm so tired of the OMG I'm sick need peace and quite so I can get better, the world has to stop when he gets sick. However when I'm sick I still have to do everything I normally would, cooking, cleaning taking care of the kids. Even an uninterrupted 5 minutes to puke my guts out isn't possible.

I confess I have the best hubby. If I am sick, I got to bed and don't get bothered. He takes care of the kid and house, makes meals, etc. He goes to bed when he is sick and doesn't ask for much. Usually, even if I offer, he doesn't want anything but left alone.

See, that's how it should be! You should take your sick self off somewhere and don't bother me. LOL I'm the best wife.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Last night I did that (which was a big step for me) he asked me what I was looking at onine and I froze a little. He noticed and asked what site I was on so I said my fitness pal. In the past I just would have said no where really.

The funny thing is once I am on a plan for very long he figures out that I am (like WW) since he will change how he asks when about food. So the only thing me being secretive achieves is not having to discuss my weight and have him get worried in the beginning (since I act like I am hiding something since I am but it is just WW or MFP).
    It was a small step for me to say my fitness pal. And I wasn't willing to go past that since he asked what I was "blogging about" which is how he asks me what I am posting online. I said nothing. But it was a baby step.
    Everything else I am very open with him but talking with him about this just triggers the hell out of me.
    So working on it... baby steps..
    ythannah wrote: »
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    But so my own fing crazy monologue makes my hubby wonder if I am having an affair since I don't have the balls to just say baby I am working on losing weight..

You could always leave out the weight loss part and tell him you come here for fitness/health/nutrition.

That's how I ended up here... every fitness-related question I googled always turned up multiple references to MFP. Eventually I just joined, especially as there was merit in tracking my sodium, fiber and protein intake.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

:'( Oh my god. That is the most upsetting thing I think I've ever heard. Give her hugs from me.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Totally didn't feel like the gym tonight, but here I am on the triceps press.

This is kind of anti-climatic after the big 666 :)

True, but he is (was) on a machine typing on his phone. You know other people there are judging him and may even start a thread about "gym pet peeves". (doesn't bother me, I've just read so many threads like that)

LOL not even my phone, it was on my Ipod, 3rd or 4th gen that can't upgrade past IOS 6.

Confession: 2 years ago, I gave up my iPhone because I felt my quality of life slipping, I was a slave to my phone. I now have a stick phone with a slide out keyboard for Unlimited texting. I have 0 data plan, can't even send or receive pictures on it. It's pretty liberating.
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I love real pizza, but growing up my dad used to tell me I wasn't a real Italian because I like pineapple on pizza, and "pineapples don't grow in Italy." He also told me real Italians don't eat Chef Boyardee. I only ate that as a kid, but I do still love pineapple pizza.