Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't like "real" pizza. I am a true blue Italian-American and I HATE real pizza. I use the term "real" because I will eat the cheap, poorly made, frozen, 1 dollar convience store brand right up. Along with pizza rolls and bagle bites. But if we went to a real restaurant or my dad makes it, I won't touch it.

The social stigma is not liking pizza is soooooo frustrating. I don't mean to be so difficult but sometimes even the smell of it makes me gag.

Have you ever considered the fact that you might not actually be human?

For real!

Although I'm not a big fan of bacon and people think that's not really human so I understand. :p
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

My wife's 3 closest friends died in high school in the same accident and, though she probably won't admit it, I don't think she will ever allow herself to get close to people like that again.

Confession: Despite countless conversations over our 13 years together, I have been unable to convince my wife that she is not responsible for the deaths of her friends and I fear she may never stop blaming herself.

Wow...this is very sad.
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have my activity level set at sedentary, but the last few days have been working a temp job that has me on my feet moving non-stop. Yesterday we were so busy that lunch was delayed and by that time I was so thirsty that I had no interest in eating. So by 2 pm I had a terrific deficit going and if I had finished my day eating normally my deficit and macros would have been great.

But nooo, the rest of the day was dedicated to eating chocolate and junk food that I haven't eaten in years. The deficit still came out ok but pissed at myself for "rewarding" the extra physical activity this way.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

My wife's 3 closest friends died in high school in the same accident and, though she probably won't admit it, I don't think she will ever allow herself to get close to people like that again.

Confession: Despite countless conversations over our 13 years together, I have been unable to convince my wife that she is not responsible for the deaths of her friends and I fear she may never stop blaming herself.

How terribly awful for her. I can't imagine.

:'( Oh my god. That is the most upsetting thing I think I've ever heard. Give her hugs from me.
    JSurita2 wrote: »

Wow...this is very sad.

I feel for her so *kitten* much. Not only does she blame herself and have a hard time making friends, the accident (car full of kids on spring break got hit by a drunk driver) gave her this intense fatalistic approach to life that, at least in my mind, has held her back from trying new things. I have no reference point to empathize, so all I can offer is sympathy and it kills me to be unable to "fix" it.
  • kellystjohn105
    kellystjohn105 Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    [/quote]I have people tell me they're intimidated by me, and I can look b*tchy but really I'm just incredibly self-conscious. I also tend to operate under the assumption that most people don't like me. [/quote]

That's me excactly. It really came in handy when I was an officer in the Army. All the enlisted guys (even the seasoned ones) were intimidated by me. Some couldn't even talk to me. Little did they know, I was shaking in my boots most of the time.

Then, when my son was in high school, all his football buddies were afraid of me. My son and husband thought it was funny. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be proud of that.....or sad.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I know that you're not supposed to clean your ears with a q-tip every day.. but I can't help it! I love having clean ears.

Wait, you're not?? I confess I love waking up and cleaning my ears too. Especially during allergy season. It helps the itch.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    rotterholt wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

Me too - I keep telling my spouse how hard it is to make friends as an adult. We're either busy with work, kids, activities (or for me, the gym 6 days a week). At this point I consider him my closest friend, and we have a blast, but I miss having a group of "girlfriends".

I'm only 25, so I feel like I'm losing my youth right now. I'm kinda hoping when it comes to getting our own house I can make friends with the neighbors or when it comes to having babies I'll make friends with other mums...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have close to -0- sympathy when someone is sick. My husband has what has to be his eleventy billionth man cold of the season and I don't care. At all. All night long, "honey, bring me a sweatshirt. Honey, I don't feel good. Touch my forehead, do I have a fever?". He slept wearing a hat, for God's sake. I couldn't have rolled my eyes back in my head any further without risk of injury. I'm a little better when my son is sick, but that's because he doesn't whine about it. Even so, most times I give him some tylenol and tell him to rally.

Oh, I am SO with you on this! Sometimes I feel badly about it, but most of the time I look back at all the health issues I've faced, alone, with zero support and I not only lived, but came out stronger, so I have zero patience for whiners.
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Confession: I don't like "real" pizza. I am a true blue Italian-American and I HATE real pizza. I use the term "real" because I will eat the cheap, poorly made, frozen, 1 dollar convience store brand right up. Along with pizza rolls and bagle bites. But if we went to a real restaurant or my dad makes it, I won't touch it.

The social stigma is not liking pizza is soooooo frustrating. I don't mean to be so difficult but sometimes even the smell of it makes me gag.

Have you ever considered the fact that you might not actually be human?

For real!

Although I'm not a big fan of bacon and people think that's not really human so I understand. :p

Heh, I know! I want to like it, but the pizza Gods say no. Its the pizza sauce that gets me, I like white pizzas. So maybe I'm a halfling?
  • mkn69
    mkn69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

Agreed - I log my vodka but I know Im not getting enough "useful" calories and still make enough room for my cocktails after work first :(

So happy to know I'm not the only one doing that!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yiscaht wrote: »
    Completely understand this - it's me in a nutshell. New people think I'm rude cause they see me talking to people I know and think I'm just bitchy because I'm not speaking to them. It's not being rude, it's that around people I know I open my mouth and sound like an idiot. Takes a lot to get me talking, then I don't shut up lol.

I'm the girl who never says bye when I leave. Don't want the attention, so just sneak out.

Yep, I am the same. I'm surprised by how many of us are this way.
    I also don't say bye when I leave work and I take the freight elevator when I leave to avoid attention. At the same time, I'm sad/jealous when I see other co-workers hanging out and having fun (or making plans outside of work). I really do try to be outgoing but it's never worked for me. I'm super awkward until you get to know me. I'm really fun around friends/family. Most people don't understand me at all.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    You guys crack me up I love it! I just wanted to share that for years I believed that the kind of food you eat is what makes you lose weight. That did me a lot of good because I just kept gaining! Now that I'm on mfp and have lost 16 pounds in barely over a month I feel like I've discovered some ancient secret and am conquering the world!! Muahahaha!!!
    Oh and to expand on this I fit movie theatre popcorn with lots of butter into my calories yesterday and still woke up a pound lighter. Muahaha!! Muahahaha!!!

Niiice
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have people tell me they're intimidated by me, and I can look b*tchy but really I'm just incredibly self-conscious. I also tend to operate under the assumption that most people don't like me. [/quote]

That's me excactly. It really came in handy when I was an officer in the Army. All the enlisted guys (even the seasoned ones) were intimidated by me. Some couldn't even talk to me. Little did they know, I was shaking in my boots most of the time.

Then, when my son was in high school, all his football buddies were afraid of me. My son and husband thought it was funny. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be proud of that.....or sad.[/quote]

Hey use it if you got it! I'm slightly jealous. I half joke that I'm a bad *kitten* and that I'm terrifying and people always laugh at that. They of course don't know that I'm conquering the world! Muahahaha!! (maybe they would believe me if they heard my evil laugh. Hmm...)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    But so my own fing crazy monologue makes my hubby wonder if I am having an affair since I don't have the balls to just say baby I am working on losing weight..

You could always leave out the weight loss part and tell him you come here for fitness/health/nutrition.

That's how I ended up here... every fitness-related question I googled always turned up multiple references to MFP. Eventually I just joined, especially as there was merit in tracking my sodium, fiber and protein intake.

This is very good advice!

Vixenmd1, IMHO you should just talk to him. The fear that you're building up in your mind is your current road block. If you just talk to him and get it over with you will find that once THAT weight is lifted off your shoulders you can then successfully address the physical weight. Good luck!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I know that you're not supposed to clean your ears with a q-tip every day.. but I can't help it! I love having clean ears.
    I had my left middle ear removed as a young child, and hence can get a Qtip almost all the way into my head. It's my party trick!
    Once, a fly crawled into my ear. I could hear and feel it walking around inside my head. That wasn't a nice experience. If my friend hadn't seen it come out and fly away I might still have nightmares that it was still there...

Also, these confessions about people having no friends make me really sad. I only have a couple, but I'm close with my family. I have been thinking I should put myself out there to make more friends, but when you're older it gets much harder. Any super-social people got tips?

That is terrifying!

I too, could use some tips. My hubby is a social butterfly, but somehow his charisma doesn't rub off on me. :pensive:
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options

That's so sad. What a heavy weight for her to bear needlessly. :(
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Confession: I have close to -0- sympathy when someone is sick. My husband has what has to be his eleventy billionth man cold of the season and I don't care. At all. All night long, "honey, bring me a sweatshirt. Honey, I don't feel good. Touch my forehead, do I have a fever?". He slept wearing a hat, for God's sake. I couldn't have rolled my eyes back in my head any further without risk of injury. I'm a little better when my son is sick, but that's because he doesn't whine about it. Even so, most times I give him some tylenol and tell him to rally.

This!!! I do good with my kids when they are sick but not at all with hubby. I'm so tired of the OMG I'm sick need peace and quite so I can get better, the world has to stop when he gets sick. However when I'm sick I still have to do everything I normally would, cooking, cleaning taking care of the kids. Even an uninterrupted 5 minutes to puke my guts out isn't possible.

I confess I have the best hubby. If I am sick, I got to bed and don't get bothered. He takes care of the kid and house, makes meals, etc. He goes to bed when he is sick and doesn't ask for much. Usually, even if I offer, he doesn't want anything but left alone.

I do this for my wife, too. It's how I justify acting like a 2-year old at the slightest sniffle or stubbed toe.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I had my left middle ear removed as a young child, and hence can get a Qtip almost all the way into my head. It's my party trick!
    Once, a fly crawled into my ear. I could hear and feel it walking around inside my head. That wasn't a nice experience. If my friend hadn't seen it come out and fly away I might still have nightmares that it was still there...

Also, these confessions about people having no friends make me really sad. I only have a couple, but I'm close with my family. I have been thinking I should put myself out there to make more friends, but when you're older it gets much harder. Any super-social people got tips?

Well, I'm not super social, but my guess would be that we'd all have more "physical" friends if we stopped following this string and talked to some "physical" people.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

That's so sad. What a heavy weight for her to bear needlessly. :(

So needlessly. I know it's a survivor's guilt kind of thing, but she wasn't even remotely involved in the accident (it happened in North Carolina while she was in New Jersey) and had she been there, she likely would have been killed, too. In a way, she feels like she should have died with them.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: I got a different kind of eyeliner this time - the kind that has a plastic casing, and I just had to go watch a teenage girl explain how to sharpen it on youtube. So dumb.