Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have people tell me they're intimidated by me, and I can look b*tchy but really I'm just incredibly self-conscious. I also tend to operate under the assumption that most people don't like me.

Yes, yes, yes. All so true for me. What's that thing my mom passed down to me and my sister? Resting B!tchy Face. Yes.

You're also describing me to a T. Except I got Resting B!tch Face from my dad. People are always telling me "Smile!" "You look sad" "You look mad" when my face is simply neutral and (as far as I'm concerned on the inside) expressionless.

A good friend once told me that when she first met me she thought I was "aloof". Which was her polite way of saying I look stuck-up if you don't know me.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm avoiding visiting my mother, partly because she always makes some comment about my weight. I don't think she's being malicious, or that she even realises she's doing it, but it makes me feel like crap when I was previously quite happy with my progress. And I know it won't stop when I reach goal, because she's always been like this even when I was slimmer. I think she's just uncomfortable about her own (perfectly healthy) weight and is projecting.

It's rubbish that I allow this to comes between us, but I can't bring myself to have this discussion with her because of all the awkwardness that will ensue. I'm sure I'll regret this some day.

Have you ever talked to her about it? I know this is tough as I have a similar situation with my mother, but I got tired long ago of ignoring it, putting up with it, ME feeling badly and her not "getting" it, so I just finally talked to her about it. Wasn't easy and we don't have a very good relationship anyway, but you may find that a HUGE weight is lifted off your shoulders if you just say what you need to say!

You are right! I generally have a good relationship with my mother, which is why I'm sad I'm allowing something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things to come between us. Perhaps the next time it comes up I will say something.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Confession: I can not bring myself to talk to my husband about my weight or trying to take off weight. I talk to him about everything and am a very confindent person. But hubby was teenage sweetheart. Apart for 17 years and we reconnected and got married 3 years after I lost 75 lbs. since we got married I regained 55 lbs in 4.5 years :-(. Everytime I start trying to take it off I get secretive with him since I don't want to discuss it with him. To the stupid piont of him thinking I am hiding something. Since when I am into weight loss I spend times on boards like this so he sees me on my ipad typing and reading but if he asks me what I am doing I won't answer or I close tabs ect.

So once he asked me if I was up to something. And the answer is that I am just scared to dealth that he will agree with me and say your right you are fat and I am not really attracted to you glad you are losing weight. And then I would not take off the pounds or I would put them back on but have to live with knowing that my hubby thought I was fat and unattractive.

This is all in my head since my hubby has loved me since I was 16 and I was a chubby teen.

But so my own fing crazy monologue makes my hubby wonder if I am having an affair since I don't have the balls to just say baby I am working on losing weight..

End confession.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    But so my own fing crazy monologue makes my hubby wonder if I am having an affair since I don't have the balls to just say baby I am working on losing weight..

You could always leave out the weight loss part and tell him you come here for fitness/health/nutrition.

That's how I ended up here... every fitness-related question I googled always turned up multiple references to MFP. Eventually I just joined, especially as there was merit in tracking my sodium, fiber and protein intake.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have close to -0- sympathy when someone is sick. My husband has what has to be his eleventy billionth man cold of the season and I don't care. At all. All night long, "honey, bring me a sweatshirt. Honey, I don't feel good. Touch my forehead, do I have a fever?". He slept wearing a hat, for God's sake. I couldn't have rolled my eyes back in my head any further without risk of injury. I'm a little better when my son is sick, but that's because he doesn't whine about it. Even so, most times I give him some tylenol and tell him to rally.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Confession: I have close to -0- sympathy when someone is sick. My husband has what has to be his eleventy billionth man cold of the season and I don't care. At all. All night long, "honey, bring me a sweatshirt. Honey, I don't feel good. Touch my forehead, do I have a fever?". He slept wearing a hat, for God's sake. I couldn't have rolled my eyes back in my head any further without risk of injury. I'm a little better when my son is sick, but that's because he doesn't whine about it. Even so, most times I give him some tylenol and tell him to rally.

Yeah. Man flu. Ugh. No sympathy either. Might be because I still have to get up in the morning and make my kids lunch and do dishes and laundry and go pick up the kids and make dinner when *I* am sick.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ABSOLUTELY hate shopping for clothes. I don't know what shops to go into because I don't know if they carry my size or style (no excuses I have lived in this country for 10 years). Often I find my wardrobe incomplete and am missing essential things like a blazer. I have to adjudicate this evening for something similar to a talent competition. I'm wearing one of the few items that fits me which is a dress I made but will more likely change if I can't find anything when I go to the charity shop. It's backless and to cold to go without something. I'm a little panicky over it.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    Confession: I can not bring myself to talk to my husband about my weight or trying to take off weight. I talk to him about everything and am a very confindent person. But hubby was teenage sweetheart. Apart for 17 years and we reconnected and got married 3 years after I lost 75 lbs. since we got married I regained 55 lbs in 4.5 years :-(. Everytime I start trying to take it off I get secretive with him since I don't want to discuss it with him. To the stupid piont of him thinking I am hiding something. Since when I am into weight loss I spend times on boards like this so he sees me on my ipad typing and reading but if he asks me what I am doing I won't answer or I close tabs ect.

So once he asked me if I was up to something. And the answer is that I am just scared to dealth that he will agree with me and say your right you are fat and I am not really attracted to you glad you are losing weight. And then I would not take off the pounds or I would put them back on but have to live with knowing that my hubby thought I was fat and unattractive.

This is all in my head since my hubby has loved me since I was 16 and I was a chubby teen.

End confession.

Tell him!
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

This kind of makes me sad. Truthfully I only have very few "true" friends but I have tons of family and we're always getting together so I'm never lonely.
  • Francl27
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »

This kind of makes me sad. Truthfully I only have very few "true" friends but I have tons of family and we're always getting together so I'm never lonely.

Well my family lives on another continent, and we get on each other's nerves anyway... so it's not a bad thing...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I have few friends, a couple 'close' 'good' friends but they don't live here anymore so most contact is via FB, email, text, sometimes an occasional phone call. Things with my family are often 'up in the air' someone gets p-ssed at someone, and then they don't talk and then there are just some toxic family members I have nothing to do with.

I wish I had more friends. I am an open person, I am typically not shy around new people, but making close friendships I have a hard time with. Usually it's me putting myself out there (too much at times) and then I retreat and then friendships are hard to form afterwards. I worry that people think I am weird or strange.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »

Well my family lives on another continent, and we get on each other's nerves anyway... so it's not a bad thing...

Some of my family gets on my nerves too and sometimes I wish they were on another continent...or even on another planet :)(just a few of them though)
  • 2tew
    2tew Posts: 6 Member
    Options

^^^This
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I performed a new magic trick last night called..watch an entire loaf of challah bread disappear in less than 2 hours.

This morning, one of my buddies at work was like "hey smile!" because my RBF was strong. I start laughing and this other dude I really don't care for in the office just goes "oh she don't smile". There aren't enough side eye emojis in the world to describe how annoyed I was...I can't stand when people say that kind of stuff to someone they really don't know.
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Confession: I didn't log yesterday because I went out to a bar with the girls after rehearsal last night and I can't remember how many appetizers I ate. Plus, I'm pretty sure the appetizers and beer took me way over my allocation for the day.
  • courtneyk0721
    courtneyk0721 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know that you're not supposed to clean your ears with a q-tip every day.. but I can't help it! I love having clean ears.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Confession: It's almost that TOM and I'm starving today. I was doing pretty well and went on a long walk and worked out. I ate reasonably well and was under my calories for the day. However, I then decided to eat half a bag of cadbury mini chocolate eggs, some chips and cheese and some peanuts. Didn't log the food and to make matters worse, I didn't even enjoy it. My stomach hurts and I feel awful. Waste of calories. :neutral_face:

'Waste of calories' is not allowed in the same thought process as 'Cadbury Mini Eggs'. EVER! That is heresy and you shall be strung up. ;)

Confession: I wait all year for Easter and stock up on Cadbury Mini Eggs. I have personally eaten four big bags so far this year and there are four more in my candy cupboard at home. My husband made me designate one bag as "his," and not eat it (otherwise they are all going down!) When I go grocery shopping tomorrow, I will probably buy at least four more bags. The positive side is that I can *usually* eat just a serving or two, whatever fits in my calories for the day.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    I performed a new magic trick last night called..watch an entire loaf of challah bread disappear in less than 2 hours.

This morning, one of my buddies at work was like "hey smile!" because my RBF was strong. I start laughing and this other dude I really don't care for in the office just goes "oh she don't smile". There aren't enough side eye emojis in the world to describe how annoyed I was...I can't stand when people say that kind of stuff to someone they really don't know.

You ain't no challah back gurllllllllllllll