Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I always weigh myself in the AM right after using the restroom, it's routine. Well this morning I weighed in and was 1.6 lbs less than yesterday. GREAT! Well then I had to go poop so I did. And then weighed myself again... .4 lbs lighter than pre-poop weight. I laughed hysterically but no I did not record the .4 on my MFP weigh in. Ill try not to weigh tomorrow , but I might...

I tried pre and post poop weighing I never got a difference. Maybe I poop polystyrene...

that frustrates me to no end, i'm like "THAT'S A 2 LB LOG RIGHT THERE"

Yea, I never understand my lacks of poop loss. Maybe we all have those scales that don't move unless you lose >.2lbs???

I've never lost anything after pooping either. *sad face*
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My son's birthday is Saturday. He wanted a "survival" themed party. Sweet. Kids go play in the pasture, then we'll roast hot dogs in the fire pit. I bought some bunny Peeps, so the kids can roast "rabbits" and make smores out of them. This may be the easiest birthday party ever.

Last year we went to a park, and I had Domino's deliver pizza to the park. That was a easy and fun birthday party, too.

I made a camouflage cake (the inside) for my son a couple of years ago. It was pretty easy and a big hit. Saved me a lot of money having it made.

I saw those. They're cool. He decided on smores cupcakes. Do-able. :)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Confession- Last night we were helping our daughter address her graduation announcements. She was making me so crazy all I could think about was how much quieter the house will be when she leaves for college next fall.

Yes, an empty nest is a lovely thing at times. Sometimes it is too quiet, but then I just remember times like you described and it's all okay. However, it then just becomes a different kind of crazy. I have to remember when I go to my sons house not to be all, "Why is this rose bush dying? When did you cut the lawn last? Ever planning on fixing this closet doorknob?" etc. Then I remember that this is his responsibility now.

My other two kids have kids of their own already and that in itself is it's own form of "punishment". Not that kids are bad, but now they will understand what they put US through!

haha, my mom always has "suggestions" when she comes to visit. I kind of just tune her out :smile:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I bought myself a big bag of Hershey eggs at Eastertime I only have 3 three left. Sad.

You still have some left?! I'm impressed! (no chocolate would've made it that long in my house lol)

Well, I've been hiding them in my dresser so I don't have to share. Hey, what's the next "candy holiday"? I don't have to wait until Halloween to get festive shaped chocolates, do I?
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

So true. And some people don't seem to understand the concept of "it's not what you say, it's how you say it." They may be giving great advice and making excellent points that the OP needs to hear, but by couching it in sarcasm, all that's coming across is rudeness. I'm not advocating sugarcoating anything, but if you can take the time to come up with some snarky reply, then you can take the time to come up with a tactful reply, too.

Absolutely. Delivery is very important. I also can't stand when someone KNOWS that they are being snarky or overly blunt, but they feign ignorance and pretend like they weren't being rude at all. Ridiculous.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Confession: I bought myself a big bag of Hershey eggs at Eastertime I only have 3 three left. Sad.

You still have some left?! I'm impressed! (no chocolate would've made it that long in my house lol)

Well, I've been hiding them in my dresser so I don't have to share. Hey, what's the next "candy holiday"? I don't have to wait until Halloween to get festive shaped chocolates, do I?

Halloween is the next candy holiday. I hate that all the candy holidays are grouped in a row..Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter. I wish there was a summer one.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I have a gigantic unopened bag of Cadbury mini eggs in my closet. I am trying to decide what occasion would be worthy of opening them. :p
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

She's 21. This is a university.

That's nice of you to pay out of pocket-I'm 7 years out and still have 12k to go on my student loans...but I will say it was worth every penny!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

A guy in my sister's dorm laundry room told her, "If you were skinny, I would ask you out because you have a gorgeous face. You are really beautiful for a fat girl."

As if she is an anomaly because only thin girls are pretty.

I feel so bad that she gets stared at in the gym because gyms are only for people who are already thin, right?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

That's nice of you to pay out of pocket-I'm 7 years out and still have 12k to go on my student loans...but I will say it was worth every penny!

I wish I only had 12K!!! I'm only three years out from my master's and my student loan payment is awful.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    My son's birthday is Saturday. He wanted a "survival" themed party. Sweet. Kids go play in the pasture, then we'll roast hot dogs in the fire pit. I bought some bunny Peeps, so the kids can roast "rabbits" and make smores out of them. This may be the easiest birthday party ever.

Last year we went to a park, and I had Domino's deliver pizza to the park. That was a easy and fun birthday party, too.

That sounds AWESOME!! What a cool Mom!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Confession time!

A guy in my sister's dorm laundry room told her, "If you were skinny, I would ask you out because you have a gorgeous face. You are really beautiful for a fat girl."

I feel so bad that she gets stared at in the gym because gyms are only for people who are already thin, right?

That is stupid, awful, terrible, ridiculous. What a tool. I am always cheering for the heavier people at the gym. I want to go up and tell them "good job" but I feel like they will think I'm being sarcastic or something.
  • ShibaEars
    edited April 2015
    Options

I have a gigantic unopened bag of Cadbury mini eggs in my closet. I am trying to decide what occasion would be worthy of opening them. :p

Wednesday night?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Wednesday night?

LOL! Headed out of town for work, so if they get opened tonight, someone in my house is gonna be in TROUBLE!! (My family doesn't know they are there. Yep, totally not sharing.)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession time!

How awful. What a douche.
  • marissafit06
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession time!

Wow, he's an azzhole. Did she respond?
  • marissafit06
    Options

The idea of such a bag makes my mouth water. I love Cadbury eggs.
  • marissafit06
    Options

I wish I only had 12K!!! I'm only three years out from my master's and my student loan payment is awful.

I'm in Law school now, the idea of paying of my student loans makes me laugh/cry/get depressed.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

The idea of such a bag makes my mouth water. I love Cadbury eggs.

Maybe I should sell it on Ebay. LOL. I paid $19.88. I bet I could get $50. :D
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I'm in Law school now, the idea of paying of my student loans makes me laugh/cry/get depressed.

Yes but you guys are getting great degrees and titles! My student loans are only from my bachelor's degree! I'm getting ready to enroll to start my Master's program since my company does the tution reimbursement!