Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I hurt my back a couple weeks ago & took some time off workouts & running. I also started eating crappy (why do we do this when we can't workout?!?!?)

Then, my weekly weigh in last Wednesday, I didn't gain an ounce...so positive reinforcement, right? I continued to eat like crap.

My weigh in is tomorrow and I can feeeeeel the chub. It's gonna be ugly...at least I ran yesterday
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I got an interview with the company I've been trying to get on board with for over a year and a half now. EXCITE!

Congratulations and best of luck for it.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I confess.... I really don't want to be at work today... may have to take a sick day and go to a movie. If only I didn't have three meetings & a conference call today :(
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I got an interview with the company I've been trying to get on board with for over a year and a half now. EXCITE!

Nice! Good luck!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Awesome! Good luck!

(But can you get on MFP there if you get the job? Serious thing to consider! ;) )
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have an out-of-office meeting at 10:00. Thinking of taking my gym bag and hitting the gym before I go back to my office. Rather excited about it, actually.
  • Anns24
    Anns24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to deal with bulimia... When I get upset about screwing up my diet I would eat a whole pizza AND cheese sticks and then go throw up... Luckily this hasn't happened in a while, but it doesn't mean it's easy to avoid... :-((((( Definitely a gross feeling

On the other hand when I stick to my guns and eat healthier foods it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exhilarating how good you feel.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I buy Monster drinks by the case. I have one a day. When I went to buy my case this last time, at the same store I always buy them at, the cashier said something like "those are gonna kill ya." I laughed it off and said, "everybody is gonna die somehow. This is my vice." He seriously started to lecture me on how bad they are. All I could think was, "Well, I know what is gonna kill you. ME!"

I don't think cashiers should make any type of judgmental comment on anything anyone is buying. None of their business.

I love Monster too. I had a similar experience. The cashier told me I was going to have a stroke because one of his friends that drinks them had one. He kept going on about how they aren't good for you. I was like Ok...

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I buy Monster drinks by the case. I have one a day. When I went to buy my case this last time, at the same store I always buy them at, the cashier said something like "those are gonna kill ya." I laughed it off and said, "everybody is gonna die somehow. This is my vice." He seriously started to lecture me on how bad they are. All I could think was, "Well, I know what is gonna kill you. ME!"

I don't think cashiers should make any type of judgmental comment on anything anyone is buying. None of their business.

I love Monster too. I had a similar experience. The cashier told me I was going to have a stroke because one of his friends that drinks them had one. He kept going on about how they aren't good for you. I was like Ok...

When you get home, email the store and ask why (insert cashier's name here) is trying to harass you to not buy things from their store. They'll fix it.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    @FluffySandwich , I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you are handling it better than a lot of people. I get drunk from Father's day until the fate of his death. It's been 3 years and I'm not sure that it actually gets easier.

@AgentOrangeJuice , I am so sorry you went through all that. That's just horrible. :(
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession: My boyfriend's mother (super sweet teeny tiny British lady) gave my boyfriend a Godiva bag filled with hot chocolates and a box of 20 chocolates for me. I've been having a rough time between my grandmother diagnosis of stage 4 liver cancer, her sudden death the week afterwards, getting Norwalk as soon as I got back home from being in my hometown for the funeral and a minor mental breakdown.
    All I want to do is eat all the chocolates and drink all the hot chocolate, I know I can't because with all the traveling the two weeks prior I ate like crud and didn't following my training for the half. It's adding to my frustration... am I horrible person for wanting to bring them to the office, leave it for my coworkers and call it a day? >.>

Edit:.... Spelling dammit
  • FroggyBug
    Options

Good luck! I hope the job is a good fit for you and you get the job.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I confess that I had a pretty bad ice cream binge yesterday.

I ate two pints of Talenti Salted Caramel Peanut & a Pint of Jeni's Brown Almond Butter Brittle that I am counting in other days this week.

I also had the rest of my Talenti Egg Nog, Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip, Jeni's Savannah Buttermint, & Jeni's Goat Cheese with Red Cherries that I just plugged in my diary yesterday as my later snack & dinner.

Oh man I miss Jeni's! I went to grad school at OSU and Jeni's ice cream and Hounddogs pizza are things that cannot be replaced outside of Columbus!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    When you get home, email the store and ask why (insert cashier's name here) is trying to harass you to not buy things from their store. They'll fix it.

I actually did write to the store once because the cashiers there always do stuff like that. The store is Target. I go there with my sister and mom on the weekend to grocery shop. I've had people lecture me about flu shots, things I'm buying and they ALWAYS go on and on about their red card (I do not want one). I've had cashiers tell me I'm weird because I'd rather use cash or a check.

After they got hacked last year, I had to cancel my card and get a new one so I only use cash or checks there now (trying to do that everywhere if I can). They don't seem to get that no means no and I really want to yell that out sometime when a cashier won't stop bugging me. :)

I only go still because I like going with my family and I try to go through a line that has a cashier that doesn't ask. But it is REALLY annoying.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Wahoo! Congratulations :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Good luck! I hope the job is a good fit for you and you get the job.

Thanks I've interviewed before, and they always say no for your first go around, and then don't even respond the second and sometimes third attempts just to see how you handle rejection.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Ooh Best of luck!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I actually did write to the store once because the cashiers there always do stuff like that. The store is Target. I go there with my sister and mom on the weekend to grocery shop. I've had people lecture me about flu shots, things I'm buying and they ALWAYS go on and on about their red card (I do not want one). I've had cashiers tell me I'm weird because I'd rather use cash or a check.

After they got hacked last year, I had to cancel my card and get a new one so I only use cash or checks there now (trying to do that everywhere if I can). They don't seem to get that no means no and I really want to yell that out sometime when a cashier won't stop bugging me. :)

I only go still because I like going with my family and I try to go through a line that has a cashier that doesn't ask. But it is REALLY annoying.

I went somewhere once and was overwhelmed with requests to donate to some Children with Leukemia Fund. I finally just snapped, and said "no, this store has made me hate them, hate them to the point that I want to donate to give them even more leukemia." The looks I got.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Anns24 wrote: »
    I used to deal with bulimia... When I get upset about screwing up my diet I would eat a whole pizza AND cheese sticks and then go throw up... Luckily this hasn't happened in a while, but it doesn't mean it's easy to avoid... :-((((( Definitely a gross feeling

On the other hand when I stick to my guns and eat healthier foods it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exhilarating how good you feel.

Yeah, I used to be bulimic as well. The urge never goes away for me, unfortunately, even though I know I feel so much better now.

CONFESSION: I had popcorn for dinner last night.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I haven't suffered from pushy, judgey cashiers, however I sometimes wonder if they notice what they're scanning and make up stories in their heads. I know I would (although I'd never say anything). Especially when it's one of those awkward shops where you only seem to be buying cat food, chocolate and sanitary towels.