Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    10ecmuscle wrote: »
    I think of sex 99.9999% of the day. My confession

This is pretty normal for men, I do to, and it's not so normal for a woman.

I actually have a theory that it is normal for women to think about sex a lot, but we are not "supposed to", so we all just keep quiet about it.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I actually have a theory that it is normal for women to think about sex a lot, but we are not "supposed to", so we all just keep quiet about it.

>:) I like you!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    After/before work its fine to get started exercising but if I don't get a chance I won't do anything at home. I keep trying exercise videos and I keep failing to do them.

Also doesn't help I have 0 willpower when I get home, I see some remotely bad4u thing and I can't eat just one I have to wipeout that mess. I've even had to ban white rice at home because I'll binge on it.

I've been fat and my weight (220) since at least 3rd/4th grade so it's a huge change even thinking about losing the weight. I also have a bunch of issues seeing weight loss as a change of identity, something I may or may not deserve etc.

I was always the biggest in my class, both weight and height, until finally in high school when some of the boys finally had growth spurts, then I was only biggest by weight. I grew up eating crap food at home (and if anyone wants to argue the whole no such thing as crap food - no, you cannot justify a child eating fast food or pizza for literally every dinner year round, so stop trying).

I was nearly 30 before I managed to successfully lose weight. Prior to that I'd lost up to 80 lbs at a time, but it never stayed off, and, of course, always came back with extra. I had a lot of bad binge habits to fix, as well as a lot of mental readjusting to do. You can make the process a lot easier if you get help. Some people are way to quick to dismiss it as a "willpower" issue and you just need to practice it. What you actually need to do is deprogram your entire lifetime of how you think about food and yourself. There are therapists who specialize in that. Having the tools to reteach yourself how you view food and your perception of yourself can take out a lot of the "hard work" some people think they need to do as penance for being fat.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I just ate sushi like it was my last meal! I ate my roll, 3 pieces of free sample rolls, miso soup, and 1/3 of the roll my friend got, but didn't finish.
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options

>:) I like you!

I do too - and yes, I think it's a lot more normal for women than we are led to believe!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    This thread is turning into a mini PostSecret (http://postsecret.com/)
    It's wonderful!
  • BrendaRey74
    BrendaRey74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    rschluet wrote: »
    I have a healthier understanding of money then I do calories. For this reason I see each calorie as some type of monetary value that can be used to "purchase" food items through out the day. In order to get the most "bang" out of my buck I check my foods to see if I am getting enough nutrition for the cost of the item just like I would if I was buying a new computer or something. Sometimes when I want to buy something frivolous (cookies!) I grab a side job of exercise to keep me from going into debt. It's become such a weird habit that I have taken to telling my husband "I don't have enough money for that" when he asks if I want to eat something.

Yes!! Exactly! I am not a nut case. Or at least I am not the only nutcase who thinks "that costs too much" meaning the calories are too high. At least I think my sisters know what I mean now when I say something like that.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My confession: Monday was a bad day, I went to a funeral for my best friends little brother (22year old kid died from brain cancer). It was so devestating to see my girl so broken that on the hour and a half drive back I broke down too. First I stopped at Dunkin Donuts and asked for a Boston creme donut. They only had vanilla frosting and jelly left so I got the vanilla but it was not what I wanted so I stopped at the next DD as well and luckily they had a Boston Creme. Next I had to get gas and got a twix ice cream bar from the quick mart. Next I pulled over again and got a bag of hot fries.... the big bag but I only ate half.... ok ok 3/4ths. Bad bad bad day. So on Tuesday I baked a Hummingbird cake....
  • plutonianfrog
    plutonianfrog Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I was always the biggest in my class, both weight and height, until finally in high school when some of the boys finally had growth spurts, then I was only biggest by weight. I grew up eating crap food at home (and if anyone wants to argue the whole no such thing as crap food - no, you cannot justify a child eating fast food or pizza for literally every dinner year round, so stop trying).

I was nearly 30 before I managed to successfully lose weight. Prior to that I'd lost up to 80 lbs at a time, but it never stayed off, and, of course, always came back with extra. I had a lot of bad binge habits to fix, as well as a lot of mental readjusting to do. You can make the process a lot easier if you get help. Some people are way to quick to dismiss it as a "willpower" issue and you just need to practice it. What you actually need to do is deprogram your entire lifetime of how you think about food and yourself. There are therapists who specialize in that. Having the tools to reteach yourself how you view food and your perception of yourself can take out a lot of the "hard work" some people think they need to do as penance for being fat.

Yes seeing a therapist but it's a slow road, lots of scruples for me around being fat. Another huge issue is cooking, mom's cooking style was insanely unhealthy (protip: fry everything then fry it again) so it's so weird to try and taste things that are prepared with health in mind.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

I have two close friends, but I only see them every few months because they are always so busy.

I don't have any friends or people in my life with similar interests. My gym partner will workout with me, but only once or twice a week and doesn't take it as seriously as me. I'd like to go hiking/biking and travel to different places to do those things, but if I ask anyone to go for a walk they look at me like I grew a second head. I also suck at making new friends due to my social awkwardness.

My confession: I am scared to date or even try to approach someone I find attractive because I assume their reaction will be "ewwww". And I also feel that I am not attractive or good enough to even deserve to have someone love me. It makes me sad that I feel this way, but I don't know how to change it.

I don't have any tips to try to help you change this thinking, but all I can tell you is that is not at ALL how I perceive you just from your posts here! You seem very confident and like a lot of fun. I hope you can change that mindset because you DO deserve to be loved and appreciated for who you are.

I was actually on my way back to delete this because I felt like I was throwing myself a pity party.

As for seeming confident here, that's the power of anonymity ;) I have zero self confidence around the opposite sex. I don't know why, I've never been rejected with an "ewww, gross" so I suppose it's just because that's how I can view myself so I think others do too.

And the not deserving part, I was in a relationship last year and this guy was (seemed) amazing. He was so good to me and made me feel really good about myself (no small feat). I found myself thinking "what makes me so special that I would deserve something this good?". And then when he broke up with me it just kind of cemented the thinking that I don't deserve it (even though he had a totally bogus reason for dumping me).

I think this is how I feel a lot of times. Then you get dumped out of no where and you're just kind of like "well..I knew that was going to happen. That's why I don't do this. I guess I deserve it."

(I know this isn't true, but that's the line of thinking at the time)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

My theory is that both men and women think about sex a lot, but as women we are always doing 400 things at once, so yes, the thoughts are there just as much as they are for men, but we're able to focus on many other things at the same time.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    My confession: Monday was a bad day, I went to a funeral for my best friends little brother (22year old kid died from brain cancer). It was so devestating to see my girl so broken that on the hour and a half drive back I broke down too. First I stopped at Dunkin Donuts and asked for a Boston creme donut. They only had vanilla frosting and jelly left so I got the vanilla but it was not what I wanted so I stopped at the next DD as well and luckily they had a Boston Creme. Next I had to get gas and got a twix ice cream bar from the quick mart. Next I pulled over again and got a bag of hot fries.... the big bag but I only ate half.... ok ok 3/4ths. Bad bad bad day. So on Tuesday I baked a Hummingbird cake....
    Oh, that's awful. :( Give yourself a break about the eating and just get back to it now.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Yes seeing a therapist but it's a slow road, lots of scruples for me around being fat. Another huge issue is cooking, mom's cooking style was insanely unhealthy (protip: fry everything then fry it again) so it's so weird to try and taste things that are prepared with health in mind.

That was such a huge thing for me! I had no idea what things were supposed to taste like until well after I moved out. If it wasn't all super sweet and super salty, it was like it had no taste at all.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

Until recently I had one friend who I actually hung out with in real life. A few weeks ago, I forced myself to reach out to an acquaintance who had a new baby and it went well, so now I have 2 friends. I am jealous of women who are close to their sisters - my sister is on drugs and won't talk to me. /sad

I feel that way about sisters sometimes too. I have a sister that lives far away so we literally only see each other for a day or less once every few years. We get along, but are not close.

My friends have dwindled down over the years, there are four that were toxic that have been cut out for years and I am much better for it.

I have one very close girlfriend since I was four years old, but she lives a few hours away and we are both so busy we only see each other a couple times a year. I have one close girlfriend that used to live here but now we get together once a year for a girls weekend. And I have a small handful where I live that I will get together with when possible, which is not often do to time.

My best girlfriend died two years ago this month, we were super close for 20 years. We did so much together that people often thought we were sisters. I still miss her terribly, I think about her every single day and often still cry. She was very sick for the last while she was alive, and I am glad she is not suffering anymore, but I still was not ready to say good-bye to her.

Edited to add that other than my sister that lives far away, I have no family other than my children. So friends have always been very important to me.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My coworker and I were just talking smack about our boss because we thought we were the only ones in the office. Nope, he's here and heard it all...

:o
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

My theory is that both men and women think about sex a lot, but as women we are always doing 400 things at once, so yes, the thoughts are there just as much as they are for men, but we're able to focus on many other things at the same time.

That...makes sense to me. They let it distract them more for sure.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, that's awful. :( Give yourself a break about the eating and just get back to it now.

Thanks. I am trying. Yesterday i managed to stay under and today i will continue my c25k mission
  • berlynnwall
    Options

Until recently I had one friend who I actually hung out with in real life. A few weeks ago, I forced myself to reach out to an acquaintance who had a new baby and it went well, so now I have 2 friends. I am jealous of women who are close to their sisters - my sister is on drugs and won't talk to me. /sad

I feel that way about sisters sometimes too. I have a sister that lives far away so we literally only see each other for a day or less once every few years. We get along, but are not close.

My friends have dwindled down over the years, there are four that were toxic that have been cut out for years and I am much better for it.

I have one very close girlfriend since I was four years old, but she lives a few hours away and we are both so busy we only see each other a couple times a year. I have one close girlfriend that used to live here but now we get together once a year for a girls weekend. And I have a small handful where I live that I will get together with when possible, which is not often do to time.

My best girlfriend died two years ago this month, we were super close for 20 years. We did so much together that people often thought we were sisters. I still miss her terribly, I think about her every single day and often still cry. She was very sick for the last while she was alive, and I am glad she is not suffering anymore, but I still was not ready to say good-bye to her.

That is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Whaaat....? :) I can be that normal.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

My wife's 3 closest friends died in high school in the same accident and, though she probably won't admit it, I don't think she will ever allow herself to get close to people like that again.

Confession: Despite countless conversations over our 13 years together, I have been unable to convince my wife that she is not responsible for the deaths of her friends and I fear she may never stop blaming herself.

How terribly awful for her. I can't imagine.

My wife's 3 closest friends died in high school in the same accident and, though she probably won't admit it, I don't think she will ever allow herself to get close to people like that again.

Confession: Despite countless conversations over our 13 years together, I have been unable to convince my wife that she is not responsible for the deaths of her friends and I fear she may never stop blaming herself.

:'( Oh my god. That is the most upsetting thing I think I've ever heard. Give her hugs from me.
    JSurita2 wrote: »

Wow...this is very sad.

I feel for her so *kitten* much. Not only does she blame herself and have a hard time making friends, the accident (car full of kids on spring break got hit by a drunk driver) gave her this intense fatalistic approach to life that, at least in my mind, has held her back from trying new things. I have no reference point to empathize, so all I can offer is sympathy and it kills me to be unable to "fix" it.

:'(